Explanation Of Prophetic Saying: "Satan Lost All Hopes That The Worshippers Would Ever Worship Him ..."

MuhammedAli

تجویز کردہ جواب

• 5 years later...
مراسلہ: (ترمیم شدہ)

Explanation Of Prophetic Saying: "Satan Lost All Hopes That The Worshippers Would Ever Worship Him ..."

Introduction:

Prophet (sallallahu alayhi wa aalihi was’sallam) is reported to have said that Satan has given up hope that Muslims of Arabian Peninsula would ever worship him. There are numbers of interpretations of this statement and this article would focus on one understanding and point out the implications it has for belief and practice of Muslims. And then point out how it effects those who believe contrary to the teaching of Hadith.

Hadith Of Satan Has Lost All Hope Of Being Worshipped:

"Jabir reported: I heard Allah's Apostle (may peace be upon him) as saying: Verily, the Satan has lost all hopes that the worshippers would ever worship him in the Peninsula of Arabia, but he (is hopeful) that he would sow the seed of dissension amongst them." [Ref: Muslim, B39, H6752]

A Way Of Taking Lord Beside Allah:

Allah (subhanahu wa ta'ala) states Jews took their Rabbinical priests as Lords besides Allah (subhanahu wa ta’ala): "They take their (Christian) priests and their (Jewish) Rabbaniyah to be their Lords against Allah, and Christ the son of Mary; yet they were commanded to worship none but One Allah. there is no god but He. Praise and glory to Him: (Far is He) from having the partners they associate (with Him)." [Ref: 9:31] The classical commentators of Quran have explained the Jews taking their Rabbis as Lords is in meaning of Jewish obedience of Rabbis with regards to the Halal which their Rabbis declared Haram, and Haram which the Rabbis declared Halal: "They have taken their rabbis, the scholars among the Jews, and their monks, the devout among the Christians, as lords beside God — following them in making lawful what God has made unlawful and making unlawful what He has made lawful — and the Messiah, son of Mary, when they were not commanded, in the Torah and the Gospel, except to worship One God: there is no god except Him; glory be to Him, as an affirmation of His transcendence (high), above what they associate (with Him)." [Ref: 9:31, Tafsir al-Jalalayn] "(They have taken as lords beside Allah) i.e. they obeyed them in acts of disobedience (their rabbis) the men of knowledge among the Jews (and their monks) who reside in monasteries (and the Messiah son of Mary) and they have taken the Messiah son of Mary as lord, (when they were bidden) in all Scriptures (to worship) to confess the divine Oneness of (only One God. There is no god save Him. Be He glorified from all that they ascribe as partner!) Allah exalts Himself above all that which they ascribe to Him." [Ref: 9:31, Tafsir Ibn Abbas] It is also recorded in Musnad Imam Ahmad Bin Hanbal, Hadith of Tirmadhi Shareef, Prophet Muhammed (sallallahu alayhi wa aalihi was’sallam) explained the meaning of following because the Rabbis declared the Haram as Halal, and Halal as Haram, and the Yahood and Nasara obeyed them:
“Narrated 'Adi bin Hatim: "I came to the Prophet while I had a cross of gold around my neck. He said: 'O Adi! Remove this idol from yourself!' And I heard him reciting from Surah Bara'ah: ‘They took their rabbis and monks as lords besides Allah.’ (9:31). He said: 'As for them, they did not worship them, but when they made something lawful for them, they considered it lawful, and when they made something unlawful for them, they considered it unlawful.'" [Ref: Tirmadhi, B44, H3095]

Taking Of Satan As Lord Beside Allah:

The right to declare something as Halal/Haram is of Allah (subhanahu wa ta’ala), the Lord of universe, and one who has been conferred this right i.e. Prophet/Messenger (sallallahu alayhi wa aalihi was’sallam). From this we gather what Allah (subhanahu wa ta’ala) had declared Haram and Halal, if anyone other then Him and His Messenger was to change it, and we obeyed them, we then would be guilty of taking that individual as lord in partnership with Allah (subhanahu wa ta’ala). Or as Prophet after gate of Prophet-hood has been closed. In context of Hadith of Ummah of Arabia worshiping Satan, Satan legalizes taking of others as Ilah beside Allah (subhanahu wa ta’ala) and legalizes worship these gods. Those who accept his suggestions and engage what he commands in reality take him as a lord beside Allah (subhanahu wa ta’ala) also. Note notion that Satan is taken as lord is implied and not explicitly affirmed therefore no major Shirk has taken place. Instead it amounts to minor Shirk if at all. It would be major Shirk if person emphatically attributes Ilahiyyah/Rububiyyah to Satan and performs actions with intention of worship. Also it is not major Shirk because there is implied ihtimal (i.e. possibility) of Satan being taken as a Prophet.

Children Of Adam You Should Not Obey Satan:

Allah (subhanahu wa ta’ala) states in Quran: “Did I not command you O children of Adam, that you should not worship the Devil. Verily, he is a plain enemy to you.” [Ref: 36:60] Note the words, "O children of Adam, ...", indicates that Allah (subhanahu wa ta’ala) is referring to every single human, including Prophets and their followers. Verse 61 states Satan lead many people astray (i.e. made them worship him). In this context the commentators of Quran have explained; worship of Satan is obedience of Satan and disobedience to Allah (subhanahu wa ta’ala): "(Did I not command you, O Children of Adam, that you should not worship Shaytan Verily, he is a plain enemy to you.) This is a rebuke from Allah to the disbelievers among the sons of Adam, those who obey the Shaytan even though he was a plain enemy to them, and they disobeyed Ar-Rahman Who created them and granted them provision." [Ref: 36:60, Tafsir Ibn Kaseer] "Did I not charge you, command you, O children of Adam, by the tongues of My messengers, that you should not worship Satan, (that you should) not obey him; truly he is a manifest enemy to you, one whose enmity is evident, ..." [Ref: 36:60, Tafsir Jalalayn] "He will also say to them: (Did I not charge you) did I not present to you, in the Scripture brought by the Messenger, (O ye sons of Adam, that ye worship not the devil) that you should not obey the devil. (Lo! he is your open foe) whose enmity is quite manifest!" [Ref: 36:60, Tafsir Ibn Abbas] In the verse Allah (subhanahu wa ta’ala) has prohibited obedience to Satan because he is avowed enemy of mankind and as an enemy his suggestions would only be destruction.

Worship Of Satan Is Same As Taking Satan As Lord:

In context of discussion so far it is worth pointing out; taking of creation as a lord beside Allah (subhanahu wa ta’ala) is obeying creation who has declared a Haram as Halal against the teaching of Allah (subhanahu wa ta’ala). And in language of Quranic verse, 36:60, Satan worship is obedience to Satan and doing against teaching and instruction of Allah (subhanahu wa ta’ala). In other words Satan Harams what Allah (subhanahu wa ta’ala) Halaled and those who accept his suggestions take him as a lord beside Allah (subhanahu wa ta’ala) and due to their obedience is of Satan worship.

Understanding Hadith Of Satan Lost Hope:

Prophet Muhammed (sallallahu alayhi was'sallam) foretold in a Sahih Hadith: "Jabir reported: I heard Allah's Apostle (may peace be upon him) as saying: Verily, the Satan has lost all hopes that the worshippers would ever worship him in the Peninsula of Arabia, but he (is hopeful) that he would sow the seed of dissension amongst them." [Ref: Muslim, B39, H6752] Yahood/Nasara took their priests and Rabbis as lords beside Allah (subhanahu wa ta’ala) by accepting the Halal as Haram and Haram as Halal. And Satan would be lord if we obey his Haram as Halal and Halal as Haram. In other words we would be guilty of Satan worship (i.e. obedience of Satan) if we accept his direction of Shirk, Kufr, Haram/Halal. Therefore one meaning of following is Satan has given up hope on being taken as lord beside Allah (subhanahu wa ta’ala) and has despaired of ever being worshipped (i.e. obeyed) by Muslims of Arabian Peninsula: "Verily, the Satan has lost all hopes that the worshippers would ever worship him in the peninsula of Arabia ..."

The Despair Of Satan Would Only Lift After Death Of Muslims:

Ummah as whole has refused to obey the individuals who under the influence of Satan have declared Haram as Halal, and Halal as Haram. And Ummah has whole has refused to honor, respect, love, such individuals. Therefore the natural conclusion is; Ummah as whole has not worshipped Ghayrullah including Satan but only worship and obey Allah (subhanahu wa ta’ala) on serious matters of Haram/Halal. With this Hadith Prophet Muhammed (sallallahu alayhi was'sallam) has certified that Arabian Peninsula as whole from dawn of Islam till blowing of the musky wind will be free from major Shirk in belief and action. And free from Satan and his clans-men being taken Lords besides Allah (subhanahu wa ta’ala), free from Satan being obeyed (i.e. worshipped) in matters of Haram and Halal. Meaning his believing Ummah in Arabian Peninsula will not ascribe Ilahiyyah to Satan, or to anyone else, nor confer the right of Allah (subhanahu wa ta’ala), such as worship, upon any creation. This meaning is derived because attributing Ilahiyyah to a creation is Haram and worshipping others beside Allah (subhanahu wa ta’ala) is Haram. And Muslim Ummah Arabiyyah, as whole, will not obey Satan in this regard. Hadith records only time Satan would approach the people of Arabia to encourage them to commit Shirk is when all the Muslims would have passed through cool musky wind: “Only the wicked people would survive and they would be as careless as birds with the characteristics of beasts. They would never appreciate the good nor condemn evil. Then Satan would come to them in human form and would say: Don't you respond? And they would say: What do you order us? And he would command them to worship the idols but, in spite of this, they would have abundance of sustenance and lead comfortable lives. Then the trumpet would be blown and no one ....” [Ref: Muslim, B41, H7023] Please read the detailed Hadith in the link provided,
here. I am SO confident that I can say with a CHALLENGE; there is no Hadith in vast collections of Ahadith where it is stated that Satan would attempt to encourage the Muslim Ummah, or Muslim of Arabia to committing Shirk. Nor there is proof of Satan coming to Muslim Ummah, or Muslims of Arabia to encourage them to commit Shirk before the blowing of said wind. The confidence stems from the fact that Prophet (sallallahu alayhi wa aalihi was’sallam) as despaired, given up hope, of succeeding in this endeavor. He is so demoralized because of Tawheed and how it has been instilled in Muslims that he would only attempt it after the Muslims of Arabia in specific and world have died. He would come to Kafirs/Atheists of Arabia and say don’t you respond and they will agree to idol worship. And eventually they will revert to religion of their forefathers and worship idols which their fore-fathers used to worship such as Lat and Uzza: “Aisha reported:I heard Allah's Messenger as saying: The (system) of night and day would not end until the people have taken to the worship of Lat and 'Uzza.[] Then Allah would send the sweet fragrant air by which everyone who has even a mustard grain of faith in Him would die and those only would survive who would have no goodness in them. And they would revert to the religion of their forefathers. [Ref: Muslim, B41, H6945]

End Of Those Who Prefer Personal Understanding Over Prophetic Guidance:

Those accused the Ahlus Sunnah Wal Jammah of worshipping graves, tombs, are liars and falsifiers of Prophet Muhammad (sallallahu alayhi wa aalihi was’sallam). They have disbelieved in RasoolAllah (sallallahu alayhi wa aalihi was’sallam) and instead have surrendered to whispers of Satan of Najd and his minions (i.e. Qarn al-Shaytan). He has incited them to raise their voice over the voice of Messenger of Allah (sallallahu alayhi wa aalihi was’sallam). They in obedience to Satan, the cursed, have thrown the guidance of beloved Messenger of Allah (sallallahu alayhi was'sallam) behind their backs and have preferred for themselves their own understandings. The end of those who prefer their own opinions over the beloved Messenger (sallallahu alayhi was'sallam) has been explained in a Hadith:
“... The Prophet recited Surat An-Najam and prostrated, and there was nobody who did not prostrate then except a man whom I saw taking a handful of pebbles, lifting it, and prostrating on it. He then said, "This is sufficient for me. ... The narrator then goes on to say: “No doubt I saw him killed as a disbeliever afterwards.” [Ref: Bukhari, B58, H192] The reason for his apostasy are two; one, he preferred his own opinion even when the companions and RasoolAllah (sallallahu alayhi wa aalihi was’sallam) were present. And this action was in opposition to the Jammah, he deviated from the Jammah, hence he fell prey to Satan and incited him upon disbelief. Two he was too proud to bow to Allah (subhanahu wa ta’ala) so instead of bowing as Prophet (sallallahu alayhi wa aalihi was’sallam) taught, i.e. bow on the ground, he picked up the pebbles from ground and placed them on his forehead declaring it to be sufficient replacement for Sajdah.

Shaykh Of Najd And Irreligious Idiots Followed Him:

Muhammad bin Abdul Wahhab Najdi was born in a prominent scholarly family, whose scholarly clout went back to generations. In early childhood he was taught by his father but later on due to hot headedness he would often argue with his father and his teachers on issues which he had not yet learnt fully.
[1] As a result of this he was often beaten by his father for arguing when he crossed the limits in arguments. When he got bit older, and exercised independence he stopped learning from his father and journeyed to places far and wide [Iraq, Yemen, Oman, Syria][2] looking for like minded people so he could gain knowledge from them. Upon his return from his studies he started to propagate his brand of Islam, and part of it involved branding Muslims as grave-worshippers, tree -worshippers, saint-worshippers. When this happened his father Shaykh Abdul Wahhab (may Allah bless him) and his brother Shaykh Sulaiman Ibn Abdul Wahhab took upon themselves the task of refuting him and Allah (subhanahu wa ta'ala) granted them success. During the life time of his father Allah (subhanahu wa ta’ala) humiliated and kept Muhammad Ibn Abdul Wahhab success limited but after he passed away the obstacles which Allah (subhanahu wa ta’ala) had in path of Wahhabism were pretty much removed. With military might at disposal of Muhammad Ibn Abdul Wahhab Shaykh Sulaiman Ibn Abdul Wahhab's opposition amounted to nothing. And people of Najd quickly fell in line with Muhammad Ibn Abdul Wahhab's teachings. The people of Najd were described by Prophet (sallallahu alayhi wa aalihi was’sallam): “... and those Bedouins who are busy with their camels and pay no attention to Religion; ...” [Ref: Muslim,B54, 520] So their acceptance of his teaching was based on ignorance of true religion of Islam, and secondly at the point of sword. And these, young, but well meaning idiots of Najd then went onto ravage Najd and Arabian Peninsula under the pretext that Muslims have become Mushrik. They made Takfir of Muslims, calling them Mushrikeen, they made killing of Muslims Halal upon themselves. Fighting and killing Muslims is infidelity: "Do not become disbelievers after me by cutting the necks of one another." [Ref: Bukhari, B73, H187]

Muhammad Ibn Abdul Wahhab In Corsair Of Prophetic Teaching:

It is my instinctive and educated judgment that Prophet (sallallahu alayhi wa aalihi was'sallam) had foretold about Muhammad Ibn Abdul Wahhab Najdi in the following Hadith and people who will be like him: “... Prophet (sallallahu alayhi was’sallam) said: 'The most I fear for you is a man who will recite the Quran until its brightness appears on him and he becomes a supporter to Islam, then he changes it (i.e. Islamic teachings) to what Allah permits and wills. Upon that, the man become detached from it (i.e. Islam), and he throws it behind his back, and start to fight his neighbor with sword, and he accuse him (his neighbor) of shirk". I (i.e. Hudhaifah) said: O prophet of Allah (sallallahu alayhi was’sallam): Who amongst them both deserve to be called a Mushrik? The accused or the accuser? He replied: "The accuser" [Ref: Sahih Ibn Hibban,Vo1, H81] The trait of Wahhabi's was and still is that they accuse Muslims of committing Shirk and Prophet (sallallahu alayhi was'sallam) said Ummah as whole will be free from Shirk, and told that one accusing his Ummatis of Shirk will in reality will be Mushrik.

Conclusion:

Meaning of Satan worship in language of Quran is obedience to Satan and it is in same meaning as the Jews and Christians took their religious scholars as lords beside Allah (subhanahu wa ta’ala). Prophet (sallallahu alayhi wa aalihi was’sallam) said Satan will not be worshipped by worshippers of Allah (subhanahu wa ta’ala) in Arabian Peninsula. And one meaning of this is that Muslim of Arabian Peninsula would not accept a Haram as Halal, and a Halal as Haram on the instruction of Iblees. Obedience to him in this regard would be worship of Satan.

Wama alayna ilal balaghul mubeen.
Muhammed Ali Razavi

FootNotes:

- [1] My judgment is that Muhammad Ibn Abdul Wahhab’s arguments with his father and his teachers were regarding creed of Tawheed and Shirk. And no where else his lack of proper understanding of basics of Islam demonstrates best then in creed of Shirk and its definition. Unfortunately, which even the inheritors of his brand of Kharijism are also plagued with. As result any discussion with his minions on subject of Tawheed/Shirk, and on methodology of determining Tawheed/Shirk quickly denegerates to an imbecilic level.

- [2] Iraq, Yemen, and Oman had noteworthy population of Ibadi Kharijism. And his choice to visit these three countries for studies is more then enough proof of Kharijism. And why he returned Takfir maniac and made Halal the blood, women, and property of Muslims.

-------------------------------------------
Formating And Content Improved.

Edited by MuhammedAli

• 5 months later...

Surah Baqarah is the longest surah of the Holy Quran comprising 257 verses of the Holy Quran and elaborates the different events of Prophets and contains many lessons of wisdom. Our user can also listen to surah baqarah from the Al Quran section on the official website of Dawat-e-Islami. 

• MuhammedAli changed the title to Explanation Of Prophetic Saying: "Satan Lost All Hopes That The Worshippers Would Ever Worship Him ..."

بحث میں حصہ لیں

آپ ابھی پوسٹ کرکے بعد میں رجسٹر ہوسکتے ہیں۔ اگر آپ پہلے سے رجسٹرڈ ہیں تو سائن اِن کریں اور اپنے اکاؤنٹ سے پوسٹ کریں۔
نوٹ: آپ کی پوسٹ ناظم کی اجازت کے بعد نظر آئے گی۔

اس ٹاپک پر جواب دیں

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• حالیہ دیکھنے والے   0 اراکین

• کوئی رجسٹرڈ رُکن اس صفحے کو نہیں دیکھ رہا