Study Of The Word Ummah To Understand; “… The Last Hour Will Not Come Until … Tribes Of My Ummah Worship Idols.”

MuhammedAli

تجویز کردہ جواب

Introduction:

The Wahhabiyah hold to the opinion; Muslim Ummah can fall into major Shirk before the blowing of the wind and Muslims have fallen into major Shirk. To substantiate their position the Wahhabiyyah generally argue the words “… min ummati …” (i.e. my Ummah) refer to the Muslims in the hadith of: “ … and the Last Hour will not come before the tribes of my Ummah attach themselves to the polytheists and tribes of my Ummah worship idol … [Ref: Abu Dawood, B30, H4239] On the opposite side, the creed of Ahle Sunnat is; Muslim Ummah of RasoolAllah (sallalahu alayhi was’sallam) cannot fall into major Shirk. Ahle Sunnat’s understanding of the hadith used by Wahhabiyyah is that it refers to a time after blowing of wind. This wind will take the life of all Muslims leaving behind the disbelievers who then on inciting of shaytan would worship idols of al-Lat, al-Uzza as well as Dhil al Khalasa. Therefore the words ”… my Ummah …” are not about Muslims but about Arab disbelievers who would survive the blowing of wind.

Use Of Word Ummah In Quran:

The word Ummah has been used in four different meanings; to mean religion:  “Truly! This, your religion is one religion, and I am your Lord, therefore worship Me (Alone).” [Ref: 21:92] Someone who embodies all the qualities of a righteous Ummah: ”Verily, Ibrahim was an Ummah obedient to Allah, Hanifa and he was not one of those who were Al-Mushrikun.” [Ref: 16:120] To mean a period of time, term: “And if We delay the torment for them till a determined term (i.e. Ummah), they are sure to say, "What keeps it back?" [Ref: 11:8] And finally for a group of people: “And when he arrived at the water of Madyan (Midian) he found there a group of men watering (their flocks), …” [Ref: 28:23]

Allah (subhanahu wa ta’ala) states Prophet (sallalahu alayhi was’sallam) has been sent to a community, a nation (i.e. Ummatin) like of which have been in past: “Thus have We sent you to a Ummah before whom other communities have passed away, …”[1] [Ref: 13:30] The reason for sending him is given:”…  in order that you might recite unto them what We have revealed to you, …”[Ref: 13:30] To teach Mushrik Ummah One-ness of Allah (subhanahu wa ta’ala) because they disbelieve in Allah (subhanahu wa ta’ala)’: “… while they disbelieve in the Most Gracious (i.e. Allah).” and to teach them that worship is for Allah (subhanahu wa ta’ala) alone: “Say: "None has the right to be worshipped but He! In Him is my trust, and to Him will be my return with repentance."  [Ref: 13:30] This establishes; in the verse Arab Mushrikeen were adressed as a Ummah to whom Prophet (sallalahu alayhi was’sallam) was sent to guide to religion of Islam.

Ummah’s plural Umam (i.e. communities, nations) is used for different kind of living creatures and birds in the verse: “There is not a moving (living) creature on earth, nor a bird that flies with its two wings, but are communities like you. We have neglected nothing in the Book, then unto their Lord they (all) shall be gathered.” [Ref: 6:38] This establishes a Ummah is not necceserialy human but can be comprimised of none human living creatures and birds. Allah (subhanahu wa ta’ala) states: “Do they seek other than the religion of Allah while to Him submitted all creatures in the heavens and the earth, willingly or unwillingly. And to Him shall they all be returned.” [Ref: 3:83] and in another verse: “The seven heavens and the earth and all that is therein, glorify Him and there is not a thing but glorifies His Praise.” [Ref: 17:44] This establishes; all creatures and things, other then Jinn and mankind, worship Allah (subhanahu wa ta’ala). Hence all types of birds and animals are believers in Tawheed of Allah (subhanahu wa ta’ala) therefore worship Him.

It is established that word Ummah has been used in four meanings, for a righteous man, group of people, period of time and to mean religion and it is established the use of word Ummah itself does not nessiciate belief in Islam but contextual evidence determines if it is used for Muslim nation or disbelieving nation or even if it is used for humans. With these facts it is also important to point out that use of word Ummah can only be interpreted to mean Muslim nation when there is contextual and supportive evidence.
Also if there is evidence which firmly establishes that the word Ummah has been used to mean nation in general sense and not nation in Muslim nation sense then it would only be correct to understand it according to evidence available.

Collapsing Of Earth In Arabia:

Collapsing of land is one of the ten major signs before the establishing of judgment day. Prophet (sallalahu alayhi was’salam) prophecised about three such sinkings out of which one will take place in Arabian peninsula:“… 'The Hour shall not be established until you see ten signs. The sun rising from its setting place, Ya'juj and Ma'juj, the beast of the earth, and three collapses of the earth: A collapse in the east, a collapse in the west and a collapse in the 'Arabian peninsula. And a fire that comes out of a place within 'Adan, driving the people, or gathering the people, camping where they camp, and resting where they rest."' [Ref: Tirmadhi, Vol4, B7, H2183] This is confirmed by another hadith: “… Gog and Magog people; the appearance of 'Eisa bin Maryam(as), the earth collapsing three times - once in the east, one in the west and one in the Arabian Peninsula; and fire that will emerge from the plain of Aden Abyan and ...." [Ref: Ibn Majah, Vol1, B36, H4055] Refering to the one which will take place in Arabian peninsula Prophet (sallalahu alayhi was’sallam) said: “… 'In this Ummah' or: 'In my Ummah'" - the doubt was his - "a collapse of the earth, or a transformation, or stones shall rain upon the people of Al-Qadr.'" [Ref: Tirmadhi, Vol4, B6, H2152] The uncertainity of wording is cleared in other hadith: At the last [period] of my Ummah there will be the earth collapsing, transformations, and Qadhf.” [Ref: Ibn Majah, Vol1, B36, H4060] and same is stated in another hadith: "There will be a collapse of the earth and transformation in my Ummah, and that is for those who deny Al-Qadar." [Ref: Tirmadhi, Vol 4, B6, H2153] Important point, Prophet (sallalahu alayhi was’sallam) is Arab hence his use of words; “… in my nation …”  in the light of evidence would imply, in Arab nation there will be sinking of land[2] and transformation [of humans into animals]. This is strenthened by the evidence of hadith which indicate the sinking of land is to take place in Arabian peninsula. This helps to conclude that in the ahadith of; "There will be a collapse of the earth and transformation in my Ummah, and that is for those who deny Al-Qadar.", the words my ummah or my nation have been used in general sense of nation and not in Muslim Ummah. If for the sake of argument it is conceded the words “… my Ummah …” were used to mean “… my [Muslim] nation …” even then the use would be for Arab Muslim nation. This use cannot legitimately stretched to include none Arab Muslims because the evidence points to the sinking of land taking place in Arabian peninsula.

Tribes Of My Ummah Worship Idols:

Prophet (sallalahu alayhi was’sallam) stated: “... "The Hour shall not be established until tribes of my Ummah unite with the idolaters, and until they worship idols. And indeed there shall be thirty imposters in my Ummah,each of them claiming that he is a Prophet. And I am the last of the Prophets, there is no Prophet after me." [Ref: Tirmadhi, B7, H2219] and another version has the words: “… and the Last Hour will not come before the tribes of my Ummah attach themselves to the polytheists and tribes of my Ummah worship idols. There will be among my people thirty great liars ..." [Ref: Abu Dawood, B30, H4239] Out of many tribes which would worship idols a specific tribe and idol is mentioned by name in ahadith: “... the women of the tribe of Daus would be seen going round Dhi al-Khalasa (for worship) and ..." [Ref: Muslim, B41, H6944] and another version adds detail “... Allah's Apostle said, "The Hour will not be established till the buttocks of the women of the tribe of Daus move while going round Dhi-al-Khalasa." Dhi-al-Khalasa was the idol of the Daus tribe which they used to worship in the Pre Islamic Period of ignorance.” [Ref: Bukhari, B88, H232]

Another hadith also points to worship of al-Lat and al-Uzza in Arabian peninsula: “The (system) of night and day would not end until the people have taken to the worship of Lat and 'Uzza.” [Ref: Muslim, B41, H6945] There is no explicit reference to which tribe would worship these two idol-gods but implicit evidence available from which it can be deduced. Prophet (sallalahu alayhi was’sallam) is reported to have said: “Then Allah would send the sweet fragrant air by which everyone who has even a mustard grain of faith in him would die and those only would survive who would have no goodness in them. And they would revert to the religion of their forefathers.” [Ref: Muslim, B41, H6945] Pay attention to the words of Prophet (sallalahu alayhi was’sallam): “… and those only would survive who would have no goodness in them. And they would revert to the religion of their forefathers.” Now if we fallow the narrative and draw conclusions at each stage then it will mean Prophet (sallalahu alayhi was’sallam) has stated all the Arabian tribes or all Arab Ummah would worship idols of al-Lat as well as al-Uzza.[3] Prophet (sallalahu alayhi was’sallam) stated; a fragrant wind will blow, because of it all those with mustard grain worth of eman in their hearts will die and those will survive they will have no goodness in them. These survivers then would revert to the religion of their forefathers. This means; all the suriving Arab nation, or in other words; all the Arabian tribes would revert to polytheistic religion of their forefathers. As part of this degeneration all the survivors would worship al-Lat, and al-Uzza with exception to Banu Daus who would worship their patron idol-god Dhi al Khalasa. This establishes that the words; min ummati, have been used in linguistic sense of nation and specificly Arab nation and not in sense of; my Muslim Ummah.

Non-Muslim Arabian Tribes Would Worship Idols:

It has been established the phrase; “…  the tribes of my Ummah ...” means; the last hour would not come before the tribes of my Arab nation attach themselves to polytheists and tribes of my Arab nation worship idols. It is yet to be seen whether this phrase was used to mean; the last hour would not come before the tribes of my Arab Muslim Ummah attach themselves to the polytheists and tribes of my Arab Muslim Ummah worship idols. With regards to this; the position of Ahle Sunnat is that all the non-Muslim Arabs who would survive the blowing of wind in totality. Or in other words, all those non-Muslim Arabian tribes who will survive the blowing of wind will attach themselves to religion of their forefathers and worship idols. This can only be correct if the words; min ummati, have been used in linguistic sense in the following hadith; “… and the Last Hour will not come before the tribes of my Ummah attach themselves to the polytheists and tribes of my Ummah worship idols." [Ref: Abu Dawood, B30, H4239] And to establish the position of Ahle Sunnat convincingly and to remove any possible doubts it has to be proven; those who would revert to idolatory will be disbelievers and not Muslims.

Hadhrat Aysha (radiallah ta’ala anha) when she heard Prophet (sallalahu alayhi was’sallam) say: “The (system) of night and day would not end until the people have taken to the worship of Lat and 'Uzza.” She quoted the verse: "He it is Who has sent His Messenger with right guidance, and true religion, so that He may cause it to prevail upon all religions, though the polytheists are averse (to it)." and presented her understanding: “It implies that is going to be fulfilled.” Indicating that in her understanding the content of the verse is a Prophesy which will be fulfilled in future. Prophet (sallalahu alayhi was’sallam) replied: “It would happen as Allah would like.” Meaning the religion of Islam will dominate all religions and subjugate the Mushrikeen with rule of Islam as much as Allah (subhanahu wa ta’ala) wills: “Then Allah would send the sweet fragrant air by which everyone who has even a mustard grain of faith in Him would die and those only would survive who would have no goodness in them.” [Ref: Muslim, B41, H6945] Another hadith describes what the wind will do to the Muslims and describes the qualities of those who would survive: “... (but) it will cause the death of all (faithful) persons, not leaving behind a single person with an iota of faith in his heart. Then only the worst of men will remain to be overwhelmed by the Hour. ” [Ref: Muslim, B20, H4721] Another hadith records unique information about the purpose of wind and those who would survive the blowing of wind: “… and at that time Allah would send a pleasant wind which would soothe (people) even under their armpits, and would take the life of every Muslim and only the wicked would survive who would commit adultery like asses and the Last Hour would come to them.” [Ref: Muslim, B041, H7015] and almost the exact wording in another hadith: “… and would take the life of every Muslim and only the wicked would survive who would commit adultery like asses and the Last Hour would come to them.” [Ref: Muslim, B20, H4721] This proves after all the Muslims die and natural conclusion is only the disbelievers will remain alive.

The hadith states: “… and only the wicked would survive who would commit adultery like asses and the Last Hour would come to them. [Ref: Muslim, B20, H4721] Before the trumpet is blown upon the surviving disbelieving Arabs, shaytan would visit them in human form and command them to worship idols: And he would command them to worship the idols, but in spite of this, they would have abundance of sustenance and lead comfortable lives. Then the trumpet ...” [Ref: Muslim B 41, H 7023] The survivors would be lacking goodness, indication of which is the moral decay; their having sexual intercourse openly like donkeys. And in this context theencouragment from shaytaan would be sufficent to misguide these disbelievers into polytheism. As a result all the Arab disbelievers who survived the Muslims would revert to the religion of their forefathers: “And they would revert to the religion of their forefathers." [Ref: Muslim, B41, H6945] Out of which only the disbelieving tribe of Banu Daus would worship their patron idol-god Dhi al-Khalasa: “The Last Hour would not come until the women of the tribe of Daus would be seen going round Dhi al-Khalasa (for worship) and Dhi al-Khalasa is a place in tabala, where there was a temple in which the people of the tribe of Daus used to worship the idol." [Ref: Muslim, B41, H6944] All other disbelieving tribes of Arabian peninsula who would succeed the Muslims would revert to worship of al-Lat and al-Uzza: “The (system) of night and day would not end until the people have taken to the worship of Lat and 'Uzza.” [Ref: Muslim, B41, H6945]

Conclusion:

The words; “… my Ummah …” have been used in linsguistic sense to mean; my Arab nation and not in meaning of; my Muslim Ummah. This understanding is based on three important facts; a) word Ummah is not always used to refer to Muslim nation instead it also has been used in lingusitic sense, B)  also the words; “… my Ummah …” have been used to refer to the deeds of Arabs, c) and finally the strongest proof that words; “… my Ummah …” cannot be used to mean Muslims in the hadith under discussion because the events would take place after all the Muslims have died. Therefore it would be foolish and heretical to believe contrary to what evidence of Quran and Hadith establishes.

Wama alayna ilal balaghul mubeen.
Muhammed Ali Razavi

Footnotes:

- [1] Meaning; sent you, O Prophet Muhammad (sallalahu alayhi was’sallam) to a disbelieving Arab Ummah like of which other Umaam (i.e. communities) have passed into history.

- [2] One may argue; the words of hadith are; "There will be a collapse of the earth and transformation in my Ummah, and …” and it does not state: “There will be a collapse of the earth and transformation in Arab nation and …” therefore the hadith has been distorted to support a specific interpretation. Response to this allegation would be, the hadith text has not been distorted rather the actual meaning of hadith is established with clear evidence and the reason which explains it is; Prophet (sallalahu alayhi was’sallam) is Arab, his nation is Arab and land sinking will be in Arabia therefore its only appropriate to interpret “… my …” in “… in my nation …” to mean Arab.

- [3] My investigation has revealed that all the Arab nation of Arabian peninsula, in other words, all the tribes of Arabian peninsula will fall into idolatory after the blowing of wind and it is not to believe as Wahhabi’s believe; some tribes of Arabian peninsula will worship idols. Note where ever I have written about some tribes worshipping idols it was in perspective of Wahhabi belief. If I recall correctly I have in every place attributed the belief of; some tribes worshiping idols, to Wahhabi’s but by chance if I have not and it is presented as my own belief then consider it my mistake from which I retracted.

• 5 years later...
مراسلہ: (ترمیم شدہ)

Study Of The Word Ummah To Understand; “… the Last Hour will not come until … tribes of my Ummah worship idols.”

Introduction:

The Wahhabiyah hold to the opinion; Muslim Ummah can fall into major Shirk before the blowing of the wind and Muslims have fallen into major Shirk. To substantiate their position the Wahhabiyyah generally argue the words “… min ummati …” (i.e. my Ummah) refer to the Muslims in the hadith of: “ … and the Last Hour will not come before the tribes of my Ummah attach themselves to the polytheists and tribes of my Ummah worship idol …” [Ref: Abu Dawood, B30, H4239] On the opposite side, the creed of Ahle Sunnat is; Muslim Ummah of RasoolAllah (sallallahu alayhi wa aalihi was’sallam) cannot fall into major Shirk. Ahle Sunnat’s understanding of the hadith used by Wahhabiyyah is that it refers to a time after blowing of wind. This wind will take the life of all Muslims leaving behind the disbelievers who then on inciting of shaytan would worship idols of al-Lat, al-Uzza as well as Dhil al Khalasa. Therefore the words ”… my Ummah …” are not about Muslims but about Arab disbelievers who would survive the blowing of wind.

Various Meanings In Which Word Ummah Was Used In Quran:

The word Ummah has been used in four different meanings; to mean religion:  “Truly! This ummatuqum  (i.e. your religion) is ummatun wahida (i.e. one religion), and I am your Lord, therefore worship Me (alone).” [Ref: 21:92] Used for Prophet Ibrahim (alayhis salam) in meaning of leader/Imam. And implied that he is someone who embodies all the qualities of a righteous Ummah: ”Verily, Ibrahim was an Ummah (i.e. leader) obedient to Allah, Hanifa and he was not one of those who were Al-Mushrikun.” [Ref: 16:120] To mean a period of time i.e. term: “And if We delay the torment for them till a determined term (i.e. Ummah), they are sure to say, "What keeps it back?" [Ref: 11:8] And in another place Ummah is used as a group: “And when he arrived at the water of Madyan (Midian) he found there a Ummah (i.e. group) of men watering (their flocks) …” [Ref: 28:23] Allah (subhanahu wa ta’ala) states Prophet (sallallahu alayhi wa aalihi was’sallam) has been sent to a community, a nation (i.e. Ummatin) like of which have been in past: “Thus have We sent you to a Ummah before whom other communities have passed away, …”[1] [Ref: 13:30] The reason for sending him is given:”…  in order that you might recite unto them what We have revealed to you, …”[Ref: 13:30] To teach Mushrik Ummah One-ness of Allah (subhanahu wa ta’ala) because they disbelieve in Allah (subhanahu wa ta’ala)’: “… while they disbelieve in the Most Gracious (i.e. Allah).” and to teach them that worship is for Allah (subhanahu wa ta’ala) alone: “Say: "None has the right to be worshipped but He! In Him is my trust, and to Him will be my return with repentance."  [Ref: 13:30] This establishes; in the verse Arab Mushrikeen were adressed as a Ummah to whom Prophet (sallallahu alayhi wa aalihi was’sallam) was sent to guide to religion of Islam. Word Ummah’s plural Umam (i.e. communities, nations) is used for different kind of living creatures and birds in the verse: “There is not a moving (living) creature on earth, nor a bird that flies with its two wings, but are communities like you.[2] We have neglected nothing in the Book, then unto their Lord they (all) shall be gathered.” [Ref: 6:38] This establishes a Ummah is not necceserialy human but can be comprimised of none human living creatures and birds.

The Conclusion On Usage Of Word Ummah:

al-Hasil the word Ummah can be used in many different meanings and it is is that word Ummah is not always used in meaning of believing Ummah. It is established that word Ummah has been used in five meanings; for a righteous man, group of people, period of time, and to mean religion. It is established that the use of word Ummah for someone itself does not nessiciate belief in Islam but contextual evidence determines if it is used for believing nation, or disbelieving nation, or even if it is used for humans.

Collapsing Of Earth In Arabia Usage Of Word Ummah To Mean Arabs:

Collapsing of land is one of the ten major signs before the establishing of judgment day. Prophet (sallallahu alayhi wa aalihi was’sallam) prophecised about three such sinkings out of which one will take place in Arabian peninsula:“… the beast of the earth, and three collapses of the earth: A collapse in the east, a collapse in the west and a collapse in the 'Arabian peninsula. And a fire that comes out of a place within 'Adan, driving the people, or gathering the people, camping where they camp, and resting where they rest."' [Ref: Tirmadhi, Vol4, B7, H2183] This is confirmed by another Hadith: “… one in the west and one in the Arabian Peninsula; and fire that will emerge from the plain of Aden Abyan and ...." [Ref: Ibn Majah, Vol1, B36, H4055] Refering to the one which will take place in Arabian peninsula Prophet (sallallahu alayhi wa aalihi was’sallam) said: “… 'In this Ummah' or: 'In my Ummah'" - the doubt was his - "a collapse of the earth, or a transformation, or stones shall rain upon the people of Al-Qadr.'" [Ref: Tirmadhi, Vol4, B6, H2152] The uncertainity of wording is cleared in other Hadith: “At the last [period] of my Ummah there will be the earth collapsing, transformations, and Qadhf.” [Ref: Ibn Majah, Vol1, B36, H4060] and same is stated in another hadith: "There will be a collapse of the earth and transformation in my Ummah, and that is for those who deny Al-Qadar." [Ref: Tirmadhi, Vol 4, B6, H2153] Important point to note; Prophet (sallallahu alayhi wa aalihi was’sallam) is Arab hence his use of words; “… in my nation …”  in the light of evidence would imply in Arab nation there will be sinking of land and transformation [of humans into animals].[3] This is strenthened by the evidence of Hadith which indicate the sinking of land is to take place in Arabian Peninsula. This helps to conclude that in some, and in following Hadith, Ahadith words my Ummah have been used in general sense of my nation and not in Muslim Ummah: "There will be a collapse of the earth and transformation in my Ummah, and that is for those who deny Al-Qadar." If for the sake of argument it is conceded the words “… my Ummah …” were used to mean “… my (Muslim) nation …” even then the use would be for Arab Muslim nation. This use cannot legitimately stretched to include none Arab Muslims because the evidence points to the sinking of land taking place in Arabian Peninsula.

Evidence Proves Arab Tribes Would Worship Idol-Gods:

Prophet (sallallahu alayhi wa aalihi was’sallam) stated: “... "The Hour shall not be established until tribes of my Ummah unite with the idolaters, and until they worship idols. And indeed there shall be thirty imposters in my Ummah,each of them claiming that he is a Prophet. And I am the last of the Prophets, there is no Prophet after me." [Ref: Tirmadhi, B7, H2219] Another version has the words: “… and the Last Hour will not come before the tribes of my Ummah attach themselves to the polytheists and tribes of my Ummah worship idols. There will be among my people thirty great liars ..." [Ref: Abu Dawood, B30, H4239] Prophet (sallallahu alayhi wa aalihi was’sallam) foretold which tribe would worship idols and which specific idol would be worshipped: “... the women of the tribe of Daus would be seen going round Dhi al-Khalasa (for worship) and ..." [Ref: Muslim, B41, H6944] Another version of this Hadith adds detail: “... Allah's Apostle said, "The Hour will not be established till the buttocks of the women of the tribe of Daus move while going round Dhi-al-Khalasa." Dhi-al-Khalasa was the idol of the Daus tribe which they used to worship in the Pre Islamic Period of ignorance.” [Ref: Bukhari, B88, H232] Other Ahadith also points to worship of al-Lat and al-Uzza in Arabian Peninsula: “The (system) of night and day would not end until the people have taken to the worship of Lat and 'Uzza.” [Ref: Muslim, B41, H6945] There is no explicit reference to which tribe would worship these two idol-gods but implicit evidence available from which it can be deduced. Prophet (sallallahu alayhi wa aalihi was’sallam) is reported to have said: “Then Allah would send the sweet fragrant air by which everyone who has even a mustard grain of faith in him would die and those only would survive who would have no goodness in them. And they would revert to the religion of their forefathers.” [Ref: Muslim, B41, H6945] Now if we fallow the narrative and draw conclusions at each stage then it will mean Prophet (sallallahu alayhi wa aalihi was’sallam) has stated Arabian tribes, in other words Arabian Ummah would worship idols of al-Lat, al-Uzza and Dhil al-Khilasah.[4]

Tieing Up The Loose Ends Of Subject Matter:

Prophet (sallallahu alayhi wa aalihi was’sallam) stated that a fragrant wind will blow; because of it all those with mustard grain worth of Eman in their hearts will die and those will survive they will have no goodness in them. These survivors then would revert to the religion of their forefathers. This means; all the suriving Arab nation, or in other words; all the Arabian tribes would revert to polytheistic religion of their fore-fathers. As part of this degeneration all the survivors would worship al-Lat, and al-Uzza with exception to Banu Daus who would worship their patron idol-god Dhil al-Khalasa. This establishes that the words; min ummati, have been used in linguistic sense of nation and specificly Arab nation and not in sense of; my Muslim Ummah. The all important question is: Where is the proof they will be Kafir Arabs? Answer to this important question is in the following two sections.

Non-Muslim Arabian Tribes Would Worship Idols:

It has been established the phrase; “…  the tribes of my Ummah ...” means; the last hour would not come before the tribes of my Arab nation attach themselves to polytheists and tribes of my Arab nation worship idols. It is yet to be seen whether this phrase was used to mean; the last hour would not come before the tribes of my Arab Muslim Ummah attach themselves to the polytheists and tribes of my Arab Muslim Ummah worship idols. With regards to this; the position of Ahle Sunnat is that all the non-Muslim Arabs who would survive the blowing of wind in totality. Or in other words, all those non-Muslim Arabian tribes who will survive the blowing of wind will attach themselves to religion of their fore-fathers and worship idols. This can only be correct if the words; min ummati, have been used in linguistic sense in the following Hadith: “… and the Last Hour will not come before the tribes of my Ummah attach themselves to the polytheists and tribes of my Ummah worship idols." [Ref: Abu Dawood, B30, H4239] And to establish the position of Ahle Sunnat convincingly and to remove any possible doubts it has to be proven; those who would revert to idolatory will be disbelievers and not Muslims.

Hadith Of Aysha Establishes: Wind Will Cause Death Of Every Muslim:

Hadhrat Aysha (radiallah ta’ala anha) when she heard Prophet (sallallahu alayhi wa aalihi was’sallam) say: “The (system) of night and day would not end until the people have taken to the worship of Lat and 'Uzza.” She quoted the verse: "He it is Who has sent His Messenger with right guidance, and true religion, so that He may cause it to prevail upon all religions, though the polytheists are averse (to it)." and presented her understanding: “It implies that is going to be fulfilled.” Indicating that in her understanding the content of the verse is a Prophesy which will be fulfilled in future. Prophet (sallallahu alayhi wa aalihi was’sallam)
replied: “It would happen as Allah would like.” Meaning the religion of Islam will dominate all religions and subjugate the Mushrikeen with rule of Islam as much as Allah (subhanahu wa ta’ala) wills: “Then Allah would send the sweet fragrant air by which everyone who has even a mustard grain of faith in Him would die and those only would survive who would have no goodness in them.” [Ref: Muslim, B41, H6945] Another Hadith describes what the wind will do to the Muslims and describes the qualities of those who would survive: “... (but) it will cause the death of all (faithful) persons, not leaving behind a single person with an iota of faith in his heart. Then only the worst of men will remain to be overwhelmed by the Hour. ” [Ref: Muslim, B20, H4721] Another hadith records unique information about the purpose of wind and those who would survive the blowing of wind: “… and at that time Allah would send a pleasant wind which would soothe (people) even under their armpits, and would take the life of every Muslim and only the wicked would survive who would commit adultery like asses and the Last Hour would come to them.” [Ref: Muslim, B041, H7015] Another Hadith indicates that every Muslim, every Momin would die: “… and at that time Allah will send a pleasant wind which will soothe people even under their armpits, and will take the life of every Muslim and Momin (i.e. true believer), and only the wicked will survive. They will commit adultery in public like asses and the Resurrection Day will be held.''
[Ref: Riyadh al-Saliheen, B19, H1808] This proves after all the Muslims die and natural conclusion is only the disbelievers will remain alive.

Further Explanation Of Hadith Of Hadhrat Aysha:

Please note we began with explaining the Hadith-6945 and I will continue. Prophet (sallallahu alayhi wa aalihi was’sallam) said after death [of every Muslim and every Momin] the remaining will have no goodness in them: “Then Allah would send the sweet fragrant air by which everyone who has even a mustard grain of faith in Him would die and those only would survive who would have no goodness in them.” [Ref: Muslim, B41, H6945] And in other Hadith Prophet (sallallahu alayhi wa aalihi was’sallam) explained why he said they will have no goodness in them: “… and only the wicked would survive who would commit adultery like asses and the Last Hour would come to them.” [Ref: Muslim, B20, H4721] And then Prophet (salallahu alayhi wa aalihi was’sallam) informed Hadhrat Aysha (radiallah ta’ala anha) that people [with no goodness and who ill have intercouse like donkeys i.e. in public] would revert to relition of their fore-fathers: “Then Allah would send the sweet fragrant air by which everyone who has even a mustard grain of faith in Him would die and those only would survive who would have no goodness in them. And they would revert to the religion of their forefathers. [Ref: Muslim, B41, H6945] But before the trumpet is blown upon the surviving disbelieving Arabs; Satan would visit them in human form and command them to worship idols: And he would command them to worship the idols, but in spite of this, they would have abundance of sustenance and lead comfortable lives. Then the trumpet ...” [Ref: Muslim B 41, H 7023] The survivors would be lacking goodness, indication of which is the moral decay; their having sexual intercourse openly like donkeys, with no sense and understanding of shame. And in this context the encouragment from Satan would be sufficent to misguide these disbelievers into polytheism. As a result all the Arab disbelievers who survived the Muslims would revert to the religion of their forefathers:
“And they would revert to the religion of their forefathers." [Ref: Muslim, B41, H6945] Out of which only the disbelieving tribe of Banu Daus would worship their patron idol-god Dhi al-Khalasa: “The Last Hour would not come until the women of the tribe of Daus would be seen going round Dhi al-Khalasa (for worship) and …” [Ref: Muslim, B41, H6944] All other disbelieving tribes of Arabian Peninsula who would succeed the Muslims would revert to worship of al-Lat and al-Uzza: “The (system) of night and day would not end until the people have taken to the worship of Lat and 'Uzza.” [Ref: Muslim, B41, H6945]

Conclusion:

In the Ahadith of discussion the words, my Ummah, have been used in linsguistic sense to mean; my Arab nation and not in meaning of; my Muslim Ummah. This understanding is based on three important facts: a) Word Ummah is not always used to refer to Muslim nation instead it also has been used in lingusitic sense. B) The words, my Ummah, have been used to refer to the actions of Arabs. c) And finally the strongest proof that words, my Ummah,  cannot be used to mean Muslims in the Hadith under discussion is; the events would take place after all the Muslims have died. Therefore it would be foolish and heretical to believe contrary to what evidence of Quran and Hadith establishes. And it would be extremely devious to apply the Ahadith of al-Lat, al-Uzza, and Dhil al-Khilasah worship upon Muslims after evidence has been established against this understanding.

Wama alayna ilal balaghul mubeen.
Muhammed Ali Razavi

Footnotes:

- [1] Meaning of it is; sent you, O Prophet Muhammad (sallallahu alayhi wa aalihi was’sallam) to a disbelieving Arab Ummah like of which other Umaam have passed into history.

- [2] Question is in which they are Umam like Ummah of RasoolAllah (sallallahu alayhi wa aalihi was’sallam)?  Allah (subhanahu wa ta’ala) states: “Do they seek other than the religion of Allah while to Him submitted all creatures in the heavens and the earth, willingly or unwillingly. And to Him shall they all be returned.” [Ref: 3:83] “The seven heavens and the earth and all that is therein, glorify Him and there is not a thing but glorifies His Praise.” [Ref: 17:44] This establishes; all creatures and things, including believers, worship Allah (subhanahu wa ta’ala) and all types of birds, animals are believers in Tawheed of Allah (subhanahu wa ta’ala) therefore worship Him.

- [3] One may argue; the words of Hadith are, ‘There will be a collapse of the earth and transformation in my Ummah, and …’ And Hadith does not explicitly state, in Arab nation, therefore the Hadith has been distorted to support a specific interpretation. Response to this allegation would be: The text of Hadith has not been distorted rather the actual meaning of Hadith is established with clear evidence. The justification for this understanding is; Prophet (sallallahu alayhi wa aalihi was’sallam) is Arab, his nation is Arab, and land sinking will be in Arabia, therefore its only appropriate to interpret “… my …” in “… in my nation …” to mean; in my Arab nation.

- [4] My investigation has revealed that all the Arab nation of Arabian peninsula, in other words, all the tribes of Arabian peninsula will fall into idolatory after the blowing of wind and it is not to believe as Wahhabi’s believe; some tribes of Arabian peninsula will worship idols. Note where ever I have written about some tribes worshipping idols it was in perspective of Wahhabi belief. If I recall correctly I have in every place attributed the belief of; some tribes worshiping idols, to Wahhabi’s but by chance if I have not and it is presented as my own belief then consider it my mistake from which I retracted.
-------------------------------------------
Formatting And Content Improved.

Edited by MuhammedAli

بحث میں حصہ لیں

آپ ابھی پوسٹ کرکے بعد میں رجسٹر ہوسکتے ہیں۔ اگر آپ پہلے سے رجسٹرڈ ہیں تو سائن اِن کریں اور اپنے اکاؤنٹ سے پوسٹ کریں۔
نوٹ: آپ کی پوسٹ ناظم کی اجازت کے بعد نظر آئے گی۔

اس ٹاپک پر جواب دیں

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• حالیہ دیکھنے والے   0 اراکین

• کوئی رجسٹرڈ رُکن اس صفحے کو نہیں دیکھ رہا