Study Of The Hadith; “I Am Not Afraid That You Would Associate With Allah …”

MuhammedAli

تجویز کردہ جواب

Introduction:

The adherents of Khariji sect believe  the majority of Muslims, the Ahle Sunnat, are guilty of major Shirk because they are worshipping idols.[1] To prove, to strengthen, these allegations against Muslims of Arabia and Muslims of world in general, they quote the hadith: “… and the Last Hour will not come before the tribes of my Ummah attach themselves to the polytheists and tribes of my Ummah worship idols. There will be among my people thirty great liars ..." [Ref: Abu Dawood, B30, H4239] In contrast, the Ahle Sunnat hold to the position; the Muslim Ummah in general and specifically the great majority[2] are protected from major Shirk[3] because Prophet (sallallahu alayhi was’sallam) has informed us: The thing that I fear most for my Ummah is associating others with Allah. I do not say that they will worship the sun or the moon or idols, but deeds done for the sake of anyone other than Allah, and hidden desires.” [Ref: Ibn Majah, Vol.1 B37, H4205] Another hadith quotes Prophet (sallallahu alayhi was’sallam) as saying; “Verily, the Satan has lost all hopes that the worshippers would ever worship (him) in the peninsula of Arabia, but he (is hopeful) that he would sow the seed of dissension amongst them." [Ref: Muslim, B39, H6752] This hadith uses the phrase; Satan will not be worshiped in Arabian Peninsula [until after the blowing of wind] as a metaphorical expression to mean; idols will not be worshipped in Arabian Peninsula [until after the blowing of wind].[4] Another hadith states: By Allah! I am not afraid that you will associate with Allah (i.e. idol-gods as partners to worship them) after my death, but I am afraid that you will compete[5] with one another for the worldly things." [Ref: Bukhari, B23, H428]

1.1 - Khariji & Ahle Sunnat Understandings Of Hadith:

The last quoted hadith of Prophet (sallallahu alayhi was’sallam) would be focus of discussion. As such, it is important to hammer out what both parties believe about this hadith and give a brief justification for each position. Ahle Sunnat Wal Jammat believes the following hadith is referring to entire Muslim Ummah and not just the companions of Prophet (sallallahu alayhi was’sallam): By Allah! I am not afraid that you will associate with Allah (i.e. idol-gods as partners to worship them) after my death, but I am afraid that you will compete with one another for the worldly things." [Ref: Bukhari, B23, H428] The Khawarij are of belief that this hadith only refers to the companions of Prophet (sallallahu alayhi was’sallam).[6] Their belief is based on the linguistic ambiguity of word alayqum  (i.e. you). Traditionally the Khawarij argue their case; Prophet (sallallahu alayhi was’sallam) was addressing the companions directly hence alayqum means you the companions and not you the Muslim Ummah. There is no explicit reference indicating about whom Prophet (sallallahu alayhi was’sallam) made this statement. As a result, this ambiguity adds some weight to their belief and brings this belief into the field of possibility. In contrast to this, the Ahle Sunnat Wal Jammat believes alayqum is inclusive of over whelming majority of Muslim on earth and not exclusive of any group in any era or region. In other words, this hadith indicates that Prophet (sallallahu alayhi was’sallam) did not fear that Muslim Ummah as whole will fall into major Shirk. To explain, Prophet (sallallahu alayhi was’sallam) did not fear that Sahabah, Tabi-een, Taba Tabi-een, Salaf, Khalaf, all the Muslims who succeeded them and until the blowing of wind will not associate idols as god partners with Allah (subhanahu wa ta’ala). The evidence for Ahle Sunnat’s position is that Prophet (sallallahu alayhi was’sallam) did not make takhsees for companions or for Muslim Ummah. Due to jawami al kalim (i.e. short expression with wide meanings) nature of Prophet’s (sallallahu alayhi was’sallam) speech, widest meaning possible would be appropriate due to generality of alayqum.

1.2 - Use Of alayqum In Hadith And Methodologies Of Interpretation:

Anyone with elementary knowledge of Arabic and Quran or Ahadith will know alayqum has been used to refer to an individual, a group of people, Muslims, disbelievers and Sahabah. In principle, contextual information should be used to determine about whom it is used wherever it is possible. There are certain usages where specificness is not indicated in the context and some usages may reveal it was used for Muslims but it may not be clear if it was used for Sahabah only or Muslims in general. In such circumstances, we have two good methodologies: a) to restrict alayqum for companions and then through qiyas infer the ihkam for Muslim Ummah. B)Interpret the generality of alayqum to be referring to entire Muslim Ummah and based on availability of evidence make takhsees of the generality of alayqum. In other words, to understand a general statement of Prophet (sallallahu alayhi was’sallam) in general meaning until evidence of specificness is found in Quran or Hadith. The third is the methodology of Khawarij, in some instances alayqum is restricted to companions and on other occasions the generality of alayqum  is interpreted as that it refers to entire Muslim Ummah. In other words, where alayqum does not hurt sectarian interest then interpret alayqum to be referring to Muslim Ummah and where it does hurt the Khariji belief system then interpret the alayqum to mean companions. Example of such selectivism will be given and will be discussed in detail, pointing out why opponents of Ahle Sunnat have interpreted the particular hadith selectively.

1.3 - The Principled & Unprincipled:

Without getting into interpretational side of the matter, it is nearly impossible to decide if alayqum was for companions or for the Muslim Ummah as whole. If we refer to explanations of classical scholars and base our judgment on these explanations then matter somewhat would be decided. Nevertheless, the difficulty with this is not all Muslims will agree with investigations of classical scholars and my experience with the Ahle Hadith of Pakistan is enough to convince me of that. The Ahle Hadith sect of subcontinent works on the principle of; end justifies the means. They lift any classical scholar sky high, which supports their position, and drop him from his sky-high position if the same scholar happens to oppose anything they believe. If one appeals to authority of a classical scholar while discussing with them, they are like to reply with; we judge the scholars have said based on textual evidences of primary sources because we are instructed to refer disputed issues to Allah (subhanahu wa ta’ala) and RasoolAllah (sallallahu alayhi was’sallam). If the evidence of Quran or Hadith is presented and they appeal to authority of a scholar and you place emphasis the verses of Quran or Ahadith the likely reply would be; you think you understand Quran and Hadith better then these scholars! You can never satisfy or win against such unprincipled people in discussion on any matter. Only way to ensure a positive outcome of the discussion with such irrational creatures is to have them write which principle they will adhere. Would you appeal to Quran, Hadith as evidence, or Quran, Hadith and interpretations of classical scholars. Despite knowing there is no satisfying, all I believe the best way forward is to demonstrate that the word alayqum has been used in Ahadith, which are understood to be referring to entire Muslim Ummah and not just the companions.

1.4 - Contradiction Is Not Good:

Those who are familiar with sectarian wars will know tactic of contradiction. This tactic involves providing contradictory evidence to your opponent’s evidence. To illustrate the point: a Sunni says Prophet (sallallahu alayhi was’sallam) knows granted knowledge of Ghayb because Quran states:  “[He is] Knower of the unseen, and He does not disclose His [knowledge of the] unseen to anyone. Except whom He has approved of messengers, and indeed, He sends before each messenger and behind him observers.” [Ref: 72:26/27]
On other hand the opponent consciously or unconsciously would reject what the verse establishes and instead resort to contradiction by quoting another verse or verses. Depending on knowledge of individual, he would quote verse similar in meaning to argue Prophet (sallallahu alayhi was’sallam) does not know ghayb; “Say: ‘I do not control any benefit or harm for my own soul except as Allah pleases; had I known the ghayb I would have had much of good and no evil would have touched me; ...” [Ref: 7:188] In addition, will follow with another verse to establish that only Allah (subhanahu wa ta’ala) knows ghayb: “Say: ‘No one in the heavens and the earth knows the ghayb but Allah; and they do not know when they shall be raised.” [Ref: 27:65] Note this tactic is akin to burying head in the sand and pretending the difficulty will resolve it self. On the other hand, hope that some how other party will disbelieve in the Quranic verses and believe in another if I persist long enough.

Contradiction is not a very intelligent rather it is a obstacle in the way of truth and the truth is in correct understanding of both set of verses not in believing one set of verses while disbelieving in the other. Similarly, with the Ahadith of Prophet (sallallahu alayhi was’sallam) both sets of hadith need to be explained in the light of all the evidence available and not isolate a hadith from its genre to suite sectarian interest. Therefore, it is important that the Khariji evidence be explained in light of sayings of Prophet (sallallahu alayhi was’sallam). With the explanation of Khariji evidence, any lingering doubts in the minds of objective and sincere Muslims will be cleared. And those who have already chosen the pit of hell by closing the gates of, objectivity, sincerity, investigation, knowledge and by entering into the gates of hate, blindness, delusional certainty of being guided. I invoke Allah (subhanahu wa ta’ala): to soften their hardened hearts and pour into their hearts, the compassion, the mercy, the desire to gain knowledge. To make them realize the one opportunity they have to believe right, send right deeds for their akhirah and not let them squander this opportunity trusting the friends of Satan. Prophet (sallallahu alayhi was’sallam) has warned about such friends of Satan: “What I fear most for my Ummah is misguiding leaders.” [Ref: Ibn Majah, B36, H3952]. As such, we should fear for our sake these misguiding scholars especially those who oppose the majority and dismiss the thousand year continuous Islamic scholarship due to their whims.

2.1- Meaning Of Saying, I Am Not Afraid That You Will Associate With Allah:

Before discussing the topic in detail it is important that a very important and valid question be answered, otherwise the objective of the explanation would fail. How can the following statement of Prophet (sallallahu alayhi was’sallam): “By Allah! I am not afraid that you will associate with Allah (i.e. idol-gods as partners to worship them) after my death …” be interpreted to mean the Muslims or Sahabah will not commit Shirk when the statement of Prophet (sallallahu alayhi was’sallam) is that he does not fear Shirk? To answer this question convincingly we have to discuss the environmental causes of fear. Environmental causes of fear are sense of humiliation, failure, threat of harm but what cements these factors together is lack of knowledge. Only way to remove this fear, is to have certain knowledge. With this certain knowledge, one acquires confidence and as a result lacks fear. With the foundation laid now it would be appropriate to explain the statement of Prophet (sallallahu alayhi was’sallam). Prophet (sallallahu alayhi was’sallam) did not fear Shirk because he had certain knowledge from Allah (subahanahu wa ta’ala) that the Muslim Ummah will not commit Shirk.

2.2 - Alayqum The Moral Campus Challenge:

There are numerous Ahadith where alayqum has been used by Prophet (sallallahu alayhi was’sallam) and everyone interprets these alayqums to mean Muslims in general, not only the companions.  Prophet (sallallahu alayhi was’sallam) used alayqum while stating that he has instructed the use of Siwak: "I have told you repeatedly to (use) the Siwak.”  [Ref: Bukhari, B13, H13] While informing that disobedience to mother is haram he used alayqum: "Allah has forbidden you to be undutiful to your mothers, to withhold (what you should give) or demand (what you do not deserve), and to bury your daughters alive.” [Ref: Bukhari, B73, H6] In another hadith, Prophet (sallallahu alayhi was’sallam) used alayqum while instructing to walk with tranquility: “When the call is made for prayer, you come to it walking with tranquility, and pray what you are in time for, and complete what you have missed.”  [Ref: Muslim, B4, H1251] Hadhrat Muawiyah narrates the words of Prophet (sallallahu alayhi was’sallam) about fasting not being compulsory on the day of Ashura: "O the people of Medina! Where are your Religious Scholars? I heard Allah's Apostle saying, 'This is the day of 'Ashura'. Allah has not enjoined its fasting on you but I am fasting it. You have the choice either to fast or not to fast (on this day)."  [Ref: Bukhari, B31, H221] Finally, the famous hadith of Prophet (sallallahu alayhi was’sallam) where he used fa’alaqyum while instructing to adhere to his Sunnah and the Sunnah of rightly guided Khulafa:“A man said: Apostle of Allah! It seems as if it was a farewell exhortation, so what injunction do you give us? He then said: I enjoin you to fear Allah, and to hear and obey even if it were an Abyssinian slave, for those of you who live after me will see great disagreement. You must then follow my Sunnah and that of the rightly guided caliphs. Hold to it and stick fast to it. Avoid novelties, for every novelty is an innovation, and every innovation is an error.”  [Ref: Abu Dawood, B40, H4590] These examples establish that Muslim Ummah is included in usage of alayqum and those who dispute follows nothing but conjecture.

2.3 - To Answer Or Not To Answer, That Is The Question:

Who did Prophet (sallallahu alayhi was’sallam) instruct the use of Siwak, the companions or the Muslim Ummah? Who is told that being undutiful to mother is haram, the companions or the Muslim Ummah? Who should walk calmly toward the prayer after hearing iqamah, the Muslim Ummah or the companions? For whom the fasting is not fard, upon the Muslim Ummah or the companions? Last but not the least, who is instructed to follow the Sunnah of Prophet (sallallahu alayhi was’sallam) and the rightly guided Khulafa, the Muslim Ummah or the companions? In every case, one way or another, these instructions will be interpreted for entire Muslim Ummah. When it comes to saying of Prophet (sallallahu alayhi was’sallam); “By Allah! I am not afraid that you will associate with Allah (i.e. idol-gods as partners to worship them) after my death, …”, then suddenly the Khariji’s resorts to damage control by insisting, the hadith refers to companions. Even if the Khariji concedes that this hadith refers to Muslim Ummah as whole he will exclude the over whelming majority of Muslims i.e. the members of Ahle Sunnat Wal Jammat from being part of, ‘Ummah as whole’.

By excluding sawad al azam i.e. great majority from the ‘Ummah as whole’, these people introduce a [reprehensible] innovation in deen. Prophet (sallallahu alayhi was’sallam) is reported to have said about the majority: “I heard the Messenger of Allah (subhanhu wa ta’ala) say: ‘My nation will not unite on misguidance, so if you see them differing, follow the great majority.’” [Ref: Ibn Majah, Vol.1, B36, H3950] Note instruction to follow great majority in time of difference is because the great majority cannot be upon error. If in creed misguidance of great majority were possible then Prophet (sallallahu alayhi was’sallam) would not have instructed us to follow the great majority. Therefore, great majority is essential part of ‘Ummah as whole’ and excluding the great majority from ‘Ummah as whole’ is like excluding the ‘Ummah as whole’ from ‘Ummah as whole’. The result of which would be that a great majority of Muslims i.e. the Muslim Ummah as whole, who consider themselves as Muslims are excluded from being part of Muslim Ummah, in other words the majority is not Muslim. This should not come as a surprise because the Khawarij actually do justify their exclusion of majority of Muslims from being part of the Muslim Ummah with one accusation of Shirk or another. It is matter of route taken to denounce you as a Mushrik. The majority of Muslims is essential part of Ummah as whole and how can condemning the great majority of Muslims as Mushrikeen not be [reprehensible] innovation!

3.1 - You & You In Shock Therapy Session:

The Khawarij quote the following hadith of Prophet (sallallahu alayhi was’sallam) to argue that Muslims are committing major Shirk: "You will follow the ways of those nations who were before you, span by span and cubit by cubit so much so that even if they entered a hole of a mastigure, you would follow them." We said, "O Allah's Apostle! (Do you mean) the Jews and the Christians?" He said, "Whom else?"  [Ref: Bukhari, B92, H422] The reasoning is, Muslims are to follow Jews as well as Christians, they committed major Shirk, therefore Muslims will commit major Shirk, Sufi’s are/were Muslims, Sufi’s worship creation, Sufi’s commit major Shirk as foretold, Sufi’s followed footsteps of Jews and Christians, Sufi’s are Mushrik, comprehend! The important words used in the hadith are ‘qabluqum’. In the light of wording qablu (i.e. before) qum (i.e. you) and the companions being the audience, it would be appropriate to interpret that Prophet (sallallahu alayhi was’sallam) was referring to the companions, only. I believe any Khariji with bit of sense and foresight will realize the implications of this specific interpretation.

Muhammad bin Abdul Wahhab in his book Kitab at-Tawheed, chapter twenty-three, page ninty-one of English translation, published by Darus-Salam quotes verse of Quran which states Jews believe in al-Jibt and at-Taghoot (all false deities) and the Jews say to Mushrikeen, that Mushrikeen are better guided then Muslims, (4:51). Continues to verse which states Jews were transformed into swines and monkeys, (5:60). The next quoted verse is about the companions of cave who had died and the victors of dispute deciding to build place of worship over their graves, (18:21). Next the this hadith is quoted:  "You will follow the ways of those nations who were before you, span by span and cubit by cubit so much so that even if they entered a hole of a mastigure, you would follow them.” The objective was to establish that Muslims will worship idols as indicated by the title of the chapter; ’Some People Of This Ummah (Nation) will Worship Idols.’ His reasoning is, since the Muslims will/did follow the Jews and Christians completely, absolutely, they will/did worship idols just as Jews did and make Masajid over the graves of Awliyah-Allah just like the victors of Ashab al Kahf dispute did.

Using Muhammad bin Abdul Wahhab’s methodology from chapter twenty-three of his book, Kitab at-Tawheed. We can lay the charge of major Shirk, right on the heads of companions Prophet (sallallahu alayhi was’sallam). All we have to do is to interpret the following hadith to mean companions; "You will follow the ways of those nations who were before you, span by span and cubit by cubit so much so that even if they entered a hole of a mastigure, you would follow them.”  The words qabluqum i.e. before you, can be interpreted in historical context to mean, before you i.e. before companion just as the Khawarij interpret; that you will, to mean, that you companions will, in following hadith; “By Allah! I am not afraid that you will associate with Allah (i.e. idol-gods as partners to worship them) after my death, but I am afraid that you will fight with one another for the worldly things." With this methodology all the charges of Shirk, Kufr, grave-worshiping, saint-worshiping, Prophet Muhammad (sallallahu alayhi was’sallam) worshiping, dead worshiping, Kabah worshiping, black stone worshiping can be leveled against the companions of Prophet (sallallahu alayhi was’sallam). To add extra credibility to the accusation of major Shirk we can add extra oomph. Little bit of extra spice, the Khariji twisted understanding of following hadith; “… and the Last Hour will not come before the tribes of my Ummah[7] attach themselves to the polytheists and tribes of my Ummah worship idols. There will be among my people thirty great liars ..." [Ref: Abu Dawood, B30, H4239]  Viola! Soup A La Mushrik is ready, now let the Khariji’s distribute it fairly and equally amongst the companions.

3.2 - Purpose Of The Misconstrue Soup:

Just as the Khawarij misconstrue the previously quoted hadith to establish the possibility of Shirk in Muslim Ummah I have misconstrued the hadith establish Shirk for companions. Using Muhammad bin Abdul Wahhab’s methodology of chapter twenty-three and playing on the ambiguity of  Arabic words; alayqum, qum, you, one can misconstrue then re-direct the accusations of Muslims worshiping creation toward the companions i.e. charge the companions of committing major Shirk by worshiping creation of Allah (subhanahu wa ta’ala). The important point worth noting is, one can take advantage of the ambiguity in these hadith and twist these hadith in any direction, toward the companions or Muslims in general. The purpose of this section was to demonstrate the incorrect methodology of Khariji’s and their leader Muhammad bin Abdul Wahhab.

3.3 Not The Companions And Not The Muslim Ummah:

I have absolutely no intention of promoting the belief, companions committed major Shirk. It was an attempt to demonstrate how easily based on methodology of Khawarij and their interpretations of Ahadith one can accuse the companions of committing major Shirk. Therefore such a methodology and any interpretation which lends hand to this notion cannot be legitimate because Allah (subhanahu wa ta’ala) has stated about companions: “Those who believe, and adopt exile, and fight for the Faith, in the cause of Allah as well as those who give (them) asylum and aid,- these are (all) truthful mominoon: for them is the forgiveness of sins and a provision most generous. [Ref: 8:74] For Muslims of Arabia Prophet (sallallahu alayhi was’sallam) had foretold that there would be no Satan worship in Arabian peninsula, which is synonym to, no idol worship in Arabian peninsula. The only possible exception to this statement is after blowing of the wind. This wind has not blown yet, it will blow in future, when it does, it will take the life of all Muslims and only disbelievers will remain on earth. At that time, the disbelievers of Arabia will revert to religion of their ancestors and worship the gods of their ancestors. Hence, the companions are free from Shirk because Allah (subhanahu wa ta’ala) stated so and Muslims as whole are/were free from Shirk because Prophet (sallallahu alayhi was’sallam) there will be no idol worship in Arabia. Therefore, the charge of Muhammad bin Abdul Wahhab and his Khariji minions of Satan is false.

4.1 - I Am Not Afraid You Will Associate Partners With Allah:

There are numerous Ahadith in which it is stated Prophet (sallallahu alayhi was’sallam) is Shahid (witness), he does not fear major Shirk and  he fears the fighting within: "I will pave the way for you as your predecessor and will be a witness on you. By Allah! I see my Fount (Kauthar) just now and I have been given the keys of all the treasures of the earth (or the keys of the earth). By Allah! I am not afraid that you associate with Allah (idol-gods as partners to worship them) after my death, but I am afraid that you will compete with one another for the worldly things." [Ref: Bukhari, B23, H428] In this hadith, there are two points, which will enable us to understand about whom Prophet (sallallahu alayhi was’sallam) made the statement of; “By Allah! I am not afraid that you associate with Allah (idol-gods as partners to worship them) after my death, …” The first is the statement; “… and will be a witness on you.” and the second being; “… but I am afraid that you will compete with one another for the worldly things." If it can be soundly established that Prophet (sallallahu alayhi was’sallam) is Shahid upon entire Muslim Ummah and Muslim Ummah as whole is competing with each other to amass wealth of the world, then I believe we have a sound justification to believe the disputed portion of the hadith refers to Muslim Ummah as whole.

5.1 – Prophet (sallallahu alayi was’sallam) is Witness Upon You:

Allah (subhanahu wa ta’ala) states: "We have sent to you,  an apostle, to be a witness concerning you, even as We sent an apostle to Pharaoh." [Ref: 73:15] Another verse of Quran states: “And the Day when We shall raise up from every Ummah a witness against them from amongst themselves. And We shall bring you as a witness against these.”[8] [Ref: 16:89] There are two interpretations of this verse, one; Prophet (sallallahu alayhi was’sallam) being called to bear witness [in defense of Prophets] against the nations of Prophets, two; Ummah of Prophet (sallallahu alayhi was’sallam) being called as a witness against previous nations. On the second interpretation the Quran states, that Prophet (sallallahu alayhi was’sallam) will bear witness confirming the testimony of his own Ummah, who will be defending the Prophets in court of Allah (subhanahu wa ta’ala):Thus We have made you a Wasat (just) Ummah that you be witnesses over mankind and the Messenger be a witness over you. And We made the Qiblah which you used to face, only to test those who followed the Messenger from those who would turn on …” [Ref: 2:143] This establishes that Prophet (sallallahu alayhi was’sallam) was sent as a witness upon his Ummah. He will bear witness in court of Allah (subhanahu wa ta’ala) to defend the Prophets and he will attest the testimony of his own Ummah who would be testifying in court of Allah (subhanahu wa ta’ala). In order to defend the Prophets against unjustified denial of nations who would claim that Prophets did not deliver to them the message given to Prophets by Allah (subhanahu wa ta’ala). In another verse Allah (subhanahu wa ta’ala) states about Prophet (sallallahu alayhi was’sallam) that he has been sent as a Messenger to entire humankind: “Say: "O mankind! Verily, I am sent to you all as the Messenger of Allah - to Whom belongs the dominion of the heavens and the earth. There is no god but He.” [Ref: 7:158] In this context, it would be justified to argue that Prophet (sallallahu alayhi was’sallam) has been sent as a witness, bearer of glad tidings and as a warner to humankind: “Verily, We have sent you as a witness, as a bearer of glad tidings, and as a warner.” [Ref: 48:8] In light of all the evidence available it is established that the phrase of hadith; “… and will be a witness on you.”, means, I will be a witness on you the Muslim Ummah as well as the mankind to whom he was sent as a Messenger.

6.1 – Companions Reaping Rewards Of Their Struggle:

One hadith records that an expedition to Najd sent by Prophet (sallallahu alayhi was’salla) and Ibn Umar (radiallah ta’ala anhu) was part of it. This expedition was successful and returned with spoils. When the spoils were distributed between the troops: “We got camels and goats as spoils of war, and our share amounted to twelve camels per head, and the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) gave an extra camel to each of us.” [Ref: Muslim, B19, H4332] Another  hadith details the battle of Hunain and mentions the story of Hadhrat Abu Qatada how he earned the armor. Which he sold and brought with it his first property after conversion to Islam: “So, Allah's Apostle gave the spoils to me. I sold that armor (given to me as spoil of war) and with its price I bought a garden at Bani Salama, and this was my first property which I gained after my conversion to Islam.” [Ref: Bukhari, B53, H370] Prophet (sallallahu alayhi was’sallam) foretold: "The Hour [of Judgment] will not be established till your wealth increases so much so that one will be worried, for no one will accept his Zakat and the person to whom he will give it will reply, I am not in need of it." [Ref: Bukhari, B24, H493] This sign is from one of those, which increases in intensity as time progresses. Meaning wealth will increase until majority of every generation is not eligible for charity therefore, they will refuse it. In a hadith is recorded that Hadhrat Abdur Rahmad bin Auf was fasting and in evening meal was brought for him. There he high lights the poverty and then the increase of wealth amongst the companions, he said: ”Mustab bin 'Umar was martyred and he was better than I and was shrouded in his Burd and when his head was covered with it, his legs became bare, and when his legs were covered his head got uncovered.” Then commenting on the wealth earned by companions by fighting in the case of Allah (subhanahu wa ta’ala) states: “Now the worldly wealth have been bestowed upon us (or said a similar thing). No doubt, I fear that the rewards of my deeds might have been given earlier in this world." [Ref: Bukhari, B23, H365] In another hadith, it is reported that Hadhrat Adi bin Hatim (radiallah ta’ala anhu) complained of extreme poverty. Prophet (sallallahu alayhi was’sallam) told him number of things, one being: "If you should live long, the treasures of Khosrau will be opened (and taken as spoils)."  The companion enquired: "You mean Khosrau, son of Hurmuz?" to which Prophet (sallallahu alayhi was’sallam) said: "Khosrau, son of Hurmuz; and if you should live long, you will see that one will carry a handful of gold or silver and go out looking for a person to accept it from him, but will find none to accept it from him.” The same hadith mentions that companion Adi bin Hatim was part of the army which conquered Khorsau: “And I was one of those who opened (conquered) the treasures of Khosrau, son of Hurmuz." Moreover, as part of Sharia Hadhrat Adi bin Hatim (radiallah ta’ala anhu) would have received from the wealth which the conquering army brought back to Khilafat.

The companions of Prophet (sallallahu alayhi was’sallam) were reaping the rewards of fighting for the cause of Allah (subhanahu wa ta’ala) in form earning spoils of war. In short, there is substantial circumstantial evidence, which establishes that companions of Prophet (sallallahu alayhi was’sallam) were becoming wealthy. Through Jihad in the way of Allah (subhanahu wa ta’ala) but it would be daring and dangerous to accuse the companions of engaging in competition to gain worldly wealth. They competed with each other to out do each other in practice of charity, worship, obedience to commands of Allah (subhanahu wa ta’ala) and adherence to Sunnah of beloved Prophet (sallallahu alayhi was’sallam). Their wealth was reward from Allah (subhanahu wa ta’ala) for their efforts for the sake of deen and the three generations spent their wealth in accordance with teaching of deen. The practice of competing for worldly wealth  started after the Taba al Tabi’een and has continued unabated. Those Muslims who came after these three-generation, majority of them lacked the practice of deen and aspired to be rich like their predecessors. Prophet (sallallahu alayhi was’sallam) stated about the greedy human nature: "If the son of Adam (the human being) had two valley of money, he would wish for a third, for nothing can fill the belly of Adam's son except dust, and Allah forgives him who repents to Him."  [Ref: Bukhari,  B76, H444]

6.2 - You Will Compete For Wealth:

This greedy nature of humankind got the best of Muslims. Instead fighting in the cause of Allah (subhanahu wa ta’ala) and competing in deen, they began competing with each other for wealth of world through legal and illegal means. The desire of having more and better then another has been eroding the foundations of Islam. The foundations being abstaining from haram, prayers, earning halal [much more]. As time progresses this competition and the worldly wealth has taken many new turns each time diverting Muslims from deen: “I am not afraid that you will become poor, but I am afraid that worldly wealth will be given to you in abundance as it was given to those (nations) before you, and you will start competing each other for it as the previous nations competed for it, and then it will divert you (from good) as it diverted them." [Ref: Bukhari, B76, H433] In another hadith:  "The things I am afraid of most for your sake (concerning what will befall you after me) is the pleasures and splendors of the world and its beauties which will be disclosed to you." [Ref: Bukhari, B24, H544] The fear of Prophet (sallallahu alayhi was’sallam) was realized after the first three generation when the Muslims became increasingly rich and began displaying wealth. To combat the increasing secularization numerous scholars wrote books on Zuhd (i.e. asceticism) calling Muslim to the middle path, indicated in Quran and Sunnah. In this context group of righteous scholars started the practice of Zuhd, which later spread through out the Muslim world popularly known as Sufism.

At present
the Muslim Ummah has whole, the Sufi, Wahhabi, Deobandi, Shia, were/are competing to gather the wealth of world and their acquired wealth has deviated them from deen of Allah (subhanahu wa ta’ala). We only have to look at the present to realize the past and know the future because son of Adam (alayhis salam) cannot change his nature of wanting more and more. The only difference one would find is the purpose of amassing wealth. In the past, it was fine horse at present it is fine BMW and maybe in the future fine mini flying car. Before it was a walled structure then it became walled structure which didn’t need mud plastering and now its bigger, more beautiful, better then others. If one Arab Wahhabi Sheikh imports a blonde prostitute from Europe for his personal Zina the other filthy Sheikh has to get at least two to be able to hold position in rich society and one of the sign of day of judgment is competition in building tallest building: "The Hour will not be established … till wealth will be in abundance - so abundant that a wealthy person will worry lest nobody should accept his Zakat, and whenever he will present it to someone, that person (to whom it will be offered) will say, 'I am not in need of it, till the people compete with one another in constructing high buildings, …” [Ref: Bukhari, B88, H237] Also another hadith goes into detail what Prophet (sallallahu alayhi was’sallam) was afraid of; “I am not afraid of your poverty but I am afraid that you will lead a life of luxury as past nations did, whereupon you will compete with each other for it, as they competed for it, and it will destroy you as it destroyed them." [Ref: Bukhari, B53, H385] Based on all the textual and cumulative evidence I believe it would be sensible to conclude that the words of; “… but I am afraid that you will compete with one another for the worldly things." were spoken by Prophet (sallallahu alayhi was’sallam) for Ummah as whole and not just a group within Ummah.

6.3 – I Am Not Afraid Ummah Will Commit Shirk:

In the light of two established points: a) Prophet (sallallahu alayhi was’sallam) being witness upon Ummah, B) and Ummah as whole being engaged in competition to acquire wealth. The usage of alayqum (i.e. you) in following words of Prophet (sallallahu alayhi was’sallam); “… but I am afraid that you will compete with one another for the worldly things.", can be legitimately interpreted to mean that Prophet (sallallahu alayhi was’sallam) was not afraid of his Ummah falling into Shirk. Reason being, these words were spoken in context of words, which are spoken for Muslim Ummah as whole. Apart from the mentioned, there is explicit evidence available, which aids the interpretation that Prophet (sallallahu alayhi was’sallam) was not afraid of his Ummah committing major Shirk: “The thing that I fear most for my nation is associating others with Allah. I do not say that they will worship the sun or the moon or idols, but deeds done for the sake of anyone other than Allah, and hidden desires.” [Ref: Ibn Majah, Vol.1 B37, H4205] In addition, the Khariji evidence does not refer to the entire Muslim Ummah but to tribes of Arabian peninsula: “… and the Last Hour will not come before the tribes of my Ummah attach themselves to the polytheists and tribes of my Ummah worship idols. There will be among my people thirty great liars ..." [Ref: Abu Dawood, B30, H4239] Note Prophet (sallallahu alayhi was’sallam) made the takhsees by saying tribes therefore this hadith cannot be used to justify takfir of entire Ummah. In the next section the Khariji evidence will be fully explained, please proceed to it.

7.1 - Judgment Will Not Come Until, Tribes In Ummah Worship Idols:

Prophet (sallallahu alayhi was’sallam) is reported to have said, recorded in many books of Ahadith: “… and the Last Hour will not come before the tribes of my Ummah attach themselves to the polytheists and tribes of my Ummah worship idols. There will be among my people thirty great liars ..." The Ahadith record exactly which tribes from the Ummah of Prophet (sallallahu alayhi was’sallam) will revert to idol worship:  “The (system) of night and day would not end until the people have taken to the worship of Lat and 'Uzza.” [Ref: Muslim, B41, H6945] “... the women of the tribe of Daus would be seen going round Dhi al-Khalasa (for worship) and ..."[9] [Ref: Muslim, B41, H6944] Prophet (sallallahu alayhi was’sallam) is also reported to have said that the Arabs would revert to religion of their fore-fathers: “Then Allah would send the sweet fragrant air by which everyone who has even a mustard grain of faith in him would die and those only would survive who would have no goodness in them. And they would revert to the religion of their forefathers.”[10] [Ref: Muslim, B41, H6945] Due to absence of Islam from earth and as a result the Arab society in particular would degenerate to pre-Islamic era. By reviving the pre-Islamic Arab polytheistic religion. With the central aspect of polytheistic religion, also being revived i.e. the worship of idols.

As indicated above this would happen at a time when the Islam would no longer exist. Allah (subhanahu wa ta’ala anhu) will cause the death of Muslims and Quran would have disappeared from the face of earth.[11] In the Hadith it is recorded when Prophet (sallallahu alayhi was’sallam) stated that day system of day and night would not come until people worship idols of al-Lat, al-Uzza: “The (system) of night and day would not end until the people have taken to the worship of Lat and 'Uzza.”[12] Hadhrat Aisha (radiallah ta’ala anha) was confused between the statement of Prophet (sallallahu alayhi was’sallam) and the verse of Quran: "He it is Who has sent His Messenger with right guidance, and true religion, so that He may cause it to prevail upon all religions, though the polytheists are averse (to it)" [Ref: 9:33] Therefore she enquired from Prophet (sallallahu alayhi was’sallam) by stating that, the verse indicates Islam will dominate all religions even if the disbelievers are averse to Islam. She insinuated that if Islam was to dominate then how people could revert to worship of al-Lat and al-Uzza! In response to her Prophet (sallallahu alayhi was’sallam) explained: “It would happen as Allah would like.” Meaning, the domination, the dominion of Islamic state over earth as well as religions, would be as much as Allah (subhanahu wa ta’ala) wishes and for long as Allah (subhanahu wa ta’ala) wishes. He proceeds further by saying: “Then Allah would send the sweet fragrant air by which everyone who has even a mustard grain of faith in Him would die and those only would survive who would have no goodness in them. And they would revert to the religion of their forefathers." [Ref: Muslim, B41, H6945] Another hadith explicitly states that every singly Muslim will die “... Allah would send a pleasant wind which would soothe (people) even under their armpits, and would take the life of every Muslim and only the wicked would survive who would commit adultery like asses and the Last Hour would come to them.” [Ref: Muslim, B041, H7015] Now if every single Muslim would die due to the wind then those who would survive must be Kafirs without any goodness, they will commit adultery like donkeys (i.e. in front of people, without shame) and these Arabs would revert to the religion of their fore-fathers.[13] Part of this reversion to the religion of fore-fathers is the central principle of associating idols, such as al-Lat, al-Uzza, as god partners of Allah (subhanahu wa ta’ala), and worshiping them as such.

Understand that Prophet (sallallahu alayhi was’sallam) explained how the worship of al-Lat, and al-Uzza would return to Arabian Peninsula. Keeping the end of hadith in the context of starting point of hadith, we deduce that Prophet (sallallahu alayhi was’sallam) generalized the following statement: “And they would revert to the religion of their forefathers." To mean all aspects of polytheistic religion will be revived in future including the idol worship. Such as worship of al-Lat, al-Uzza after the blowing of wind. Prophet (sallallahu alayhi was’sallam) stated after the wind which takes the life of all Muslims the remaining [disbelievers] would commit adultery like donkeys and the judgment will be established upon these people: “... Allah would send a pleasant wind which would soothe (people) even under their armpits, and would take the life of every Muslim and only the wicked would survive who would commit adultery like asses and the Last Hour would come to them.” [Ref: Muslim, B041, H7015] To understand this part of the hadith we have to relate to Quran. Allah (subhanahu wa ta’ala) had promised the Mushrikeen of punishment if they choose to disbelieve in the message given by Prophet (sallallahu alayhi was’sallam). Allah (subhanahu wa ta’ala) states: But Allah would not punish them while you are among them, and Allah would not punish them while they seek forgiveness.” [Ref: 8:33] After their reversion to polytheism the promise of Allah (subhanahu wa ta’ala), not punishing the Mushrikeen until Muslims are amongst them would be fulfilled [because at that stage Muslims would be dead due to the wind]. Moreover, the promise of Allah (subhanahu wa ta’ala) that, they will not be punished until they can seek forgiveness will be fulfilled [because the gates of repentance would be closed at that juncture of time.]. Therefore Allah (subhanahu wa ta’ala), sometime after their reversion to idolatry, will order the destruction of earth, thus fulfilling the promise of punishment made to Mushrikeen. This explanation eliminates the possibility of this hadith referring to Muslims and possibility of Shirk in Muslim Ummah.

Conclusion:

The Khawarij believe that alayqum i.e. you in the following hadith: “By Allah! I am not afraid that you will associate with Allah (i.e. idol-gods as partners to worship them) after my death …” was employed for the companions of Prophet (sallallahu alayhi was’sallam) to protect their belief; Muslim majority is Mushrik.[14] The hadith has been explained in the light of evidence of Quran and Hadith. Evidence was brought forward to establish that alayqyum has been understood even by the Khawarij to address Muslim Ummah. However, in the case of this hadith selective interpretation is made. There are those who concede that this hadith refers to Muslim Ummah as whole but these Khariji’s exclude the great majority of Muslims i.e. the members of Ahle Sunnat from their ‘Ummah as whole’ and to put their this deviancy in perspective. It was explained that the great majority aka Ahle Sunnat is essential part of ‘Ummah as whole’ and excluding this great majority will mean that a Khariji minority will be ‘Ummah as whole’. In addition, Wahhabi evidence was explained in detail in the context, which eliminated the possibility of Muslim Ummah in Arabian Peninsula falling into Shirk before the blowing of wind. Thus establishing the error of Muhammad bin Abdul Wahhab’s claims that Muslim Ummah of Arabian peninsula had fallen into major Shirk so seriously that no one from knew Tawheed except him.[15] His this claim is veiled Takfir of millions of Muslims of Arabian peninsula and sufficient enough to warrant his disbelief on the grounds of false Takfir returning.

Wama alayna illal balaghul mubeen.
Muhammad Ali Razavi

Footnotes:

- [1] The definition of idol is anything that is worshipped and Khariji definition of worship fundamentally is respect, reverence, honoring. Ismail Dehalvi the apostate writes; “Meaning, worship is, those acts which Lord Allah (subhanahu wa ta’ala) has informed His people for His reverence.” [Ref: Taqwiyat ul Iman, Chap 4, Shirk Fil Ibadat] Therefore in Ismail Dehalvi’s understanding if anyone or anything is respected, held in reverence and honored by standing in front of something or someone with hands folded or on the sides, feet together or apart, or sitting as one sits in prayer position, hands folded or on the side, with head down, would constitute worship of the that thing or the individual. Therefore, technically in Khariji methodology anything or anyone could be an idol. However, to give idea what are idols in Khariji methodology here are few said and unsaid idols: graves, trees, caves, Jinn, Prophet (sallallahu alayhi was’sallam) and even his blessed grave. Part One: The Khariji definition of idol and Ismail Dehalvi’s definition of worship are both incorrect. Idol in meaning of Sharia is an image, a statue that is carved from stone, molded with clay, created with wood or made with metals or combinations of materials and believed to be a god. The definition of worship is, respecting, honoring a God, god, or gods with words or actions. Part Two: Ismail Dehalvi’s definition of worship is incorrect because Hindu’s worship their idol gods in ways, which are not subscribed in Quran or Ahadith, yet they are deemed as idol worshippers. If his definition was true to the teaching of Islam then Hindu’s are not guilty of idol worship. Every sane human being with speck of iman in heart would realize the error and heretically innovative nature of Ismail Dehalvi’s definition of worship. Part Three: Fact is Allah (subhanahu wa ta’ala) has only sanctioned what deeds of worship are in Islam. These defined forms of worship are only accepted in Islam and any innovative act of worship, which does not have sanction from Allah (subhanahu wa ta’ala), would is rejected. On other hand, worship out side of Islam is as a nation, culture, religion defines worship as and it has no connection with Allah (subhanahu wa ta’ala) sanctioning an act as worship or not. Instead, worship outside of Islam is as an individual or religion defines respectful worship. If it is defined as singing, dancing for a god or if one defines respectful worship of a idol god as, spitting, dragging, slapping and even urinating on it then this behavior will be accepted as form of polytheistic worship [not as Islamic form of Worship]. Prophet (sallallahu alayhi was’sallam): "The deeds depend upon the intentions and every person will get the reward according to what he has intended.”, based on this hadith if the polytheists intend to worship their god or gods in ways strange then their actions will be judged what they intend and believe. Now if the people believe their actions are sign of respect, reverence for their idol-god then based on their creed and intentions it will be deemed as worship. Part Four: Ismail Dehalvi deliberately presented his erroneous definition of worship so it would pave the way for supporting his position of Ummah of RasoolAllah (sallallahu alayhi was’sallam) has fallen into Shirk. With his definition, the readers would draw many parallels with Islamic forms of worship and arrive at many conclusions about Muslims in general. One such parallel is; Sajdah is performed to honor Allah (subhanahu wa ta’ala) in Salah therefore if Sajdah is performed to honor a creation of Allah (subhanahu wa ta’ala) it would be Shirk. Using definition of Ismail Dehalvi, the Khawarij have arrived at this conclusion and do believe that Sajdah to anyone other then Allah (subhanahu wa ta’ala) is Shirk because Sajdah constitutes worship. Part Five: It has already been demonstrated that the definition of worship is incorrect therefore; automatically anything based on this definition will be incorrect. Hence, fundamentally the basis for position that, Sajdah to creation of Allah (subhanahu wa ta’ala) is worship is flawed. Sajdah to creation of Allah (subhanahu wa ta’ala) if done with intention of worship is major Shirk and if it is done to show respect, as angles were instructed to prostrate to Adam (alayhis salam) to honor creation of Allah (subhanahu wa ta’ala), then such Sajdah is haram, forbidden but not major Shirk. With the observation we can conclude, any act sanctioned or not sanctioned, itself is not worship if its doer does not have creed of godhood for which the act of respect is performed. Even more importantly if the doer does not intend to worship then the act cannot be deemed worship and both of these were the case for Prophet Yaqoob (alayhis salam) when he met his long lost son Prophet Yusuf (alayhis salam) Quran states he prostrated to his son: “And he raised his parents to the throne and they fell down before him prostrate. And he said: "O my father! This is the interpretation of my dream aforetime!” [Ref: 12:100] Therefore Sajdah to creation in Shari’a of Prophet (sallallahu alayhi was’sallam) cannot be worship [therefore Shirk] if it is done with intention of respect. Khariji may say; there is no proof that Sajdah to creation is not Shirk if it is performed with intention of respecting a creation. The response, Allah (subhanahu wa ta’ala) stated in Quran; “Indeed in their stories, there is a lesson for men of understanding.” [Ref: 12:111] and based on this verse what lesson do we learn from this part of story of Yusuf (alayhis salam)? We learn Sajdah if performed with intention of respect and with creed that the one being prostrated to is creation of Allah (subhanahu wa ta’ala) is not Shirk.

- [2] Prophet (sallallahu alayhi was’sallam) is reported to have said: “I heard the Messenger of Allah (subhanhu wa ta’ala) say: ‘My nation will not unite on misguidance, so if you see them differing, follow the great majority.’” [Ref: Ibn Majah, Vol.1, B36, H3950] The understanding of majority, the Ahle Sunnat Wal Jammat is that Muslim Ummah of RasoolAllah (sallallahu alayhi was’sallam) is as whole protected from major Shirk. Hence, this is the correct understanding in light of Prophet’s (sallallahu alayhi was’sallam) hadith.  With this being said, lets return to the main subject. The Kharijis charge the Ahle Sunnat, the great majority of worshiping idols and this charge is proven a falsehood because Prophet (sallallahu alayhi was’sallam) would not instruct to fallow majority if the majority were upon misguidance of major Shirk. In another hadith Prophet (sallallahu alayhi was’sallam) is reported to have said: “One who found in his Amir something which he disliked should hold his patience, for one who separated from the main body of the Muslims even to the extent of a hand span and then he died would die the death of one belonging to the days of Jahilliyya.” [Ref: Muslim, B20, H4559] In the light of this hadith, the reviver of Khariji apostasy, Muhammad bin Abdul Wahhab, the Najdi, departed from the main body of Muslims, repacked Khariji extremism with new label, and promoted it with fear mongering tactics. Accusing Muslims of committing major Shirk and idol worshiping. Combined his effort with sword, duped the foolish, deficient of intellect and religious knowledge, the Bedouin rabble of Najd, into believing, his creed is of the pious predecessors.

- [3] Ahle Sunnat also believes in the occurrence of minor Shirk in the Muslim Ummah as whole. This is established with scriptural evidences; where Prophet (sallallahu alayhi was’sallam) has informed that he fears elements in the Muslim Ummah will perform deeds for other then Allah (subhanahu wa ta’ala): “The thing that I fear most for my nation is associating others with Allah. I do not say that they will worship the sun or the moon or idols, but deeds done for the sake of anyone other than Allah, and hidden desires.” [Ref: Ibn Majah, Vol.1 B37, H4205] What RasoolAllah (sallallahu alayhi was’sallam) does not fear for the Ummah we the Muslims do not have to fear for Muslim Ummah because our fear would be due to our ignorance and his comfort is due to the revelation. Hence, those who fear monger over with charge of Shirk to further their Khariji heresy should fear Allah (subhanahu wa ta’ala) and the punishment of hell. Coming to what Prophet (sallallahu alayhi was’sallam) feared in the Ummat. What Prophet (sallallahu alayhi was’sallam) feared was deeds done to show off piety, to impress another person with deeds of piety and not intending to worship Allah (subhanahu wa ta’ala) solely, whole-heartedly: "So woe to the worshippers, who are neglectful of their prayers. Those who want to be seen (by men)." [Ref: 107:4-6] “When they get up for the prayer (i.e. Salah), they get up lazily. That is because they only show off in front of the people and rarely do they think of Allah (in their worship and in daily life in general).” [Ref: 4:142] In a hadith Prophet (sallallahu alayhi was’sallam) explained that Shirk Al Khaffi (i.e. hidden shirk) is more dangerous then Dajjal: “The Messenger of Allah (sallallahu alayhi was’sallam) came out to us when we were discussing Dajjal and said: ‘Shall I not tell you of that which I fear more for you than Dajjal?’ We said: ‘Yes.’ He said: ‘Hidden Shirk, when a man stands to pray and makes it look good because he sees a man looking at him.’” [Ref: Ibn Majah, Vol.1, B37, H4204] This form of minor Shirk is something, which a Muslim should fear and strive to educate the Muslims.

- [5] The significance, no major Shirk via idol worship before the before the blowing of wind must be pointed to be truly appreciated. Muhammad bin Abdul Wahhab was born in East of Madinah in central Arabian province of Najd, in the region of modern Saudi capital city Riyadh. The first ones to be labeled Mushrikeen, grave worshipers, idol worshipers were from his home town and then generally everyone who did not subscribed to his understanding of Tawheed or Shirk This practice of Shirk, Mushrik, grave worshiper, idol worshiper, saint worshiper, Prophet Muhammad (sallallahu alayhi was’sallam) worshiper is very much alive in spirit and in practice, amongst his modern followers. So if you wish to see Muhammad bin Abdul Wahhab in action then simply; Eeni, Meeni, Mina, Moe, drag a Wahhabi by his toe [between a group of Wahhabi’s, for randomness sake]. Ask this question from your foe; can I kiss the grave of Prophet (sallallahu alayhi was’sallam) with love, O my Wahhabi bro? Then watch the Shirk, Mushrik, grave worshiper, idol worshiper, mad fit, will be the show. Say; kissing the black stone is not Shirk yet kissing the grave of Prophet (sallallahu alayhi was’sallam) is Shirk, why is this injustice so? He may say, kissing a grave is means to Shirk, if he says that then ask; and kissing black stone, performing Salah in front of Kabah is not? Point is Muhammad bin Abdul Wahhab charged the people of Arabian peninsula of committing major Shirk of worshiping idols, graves, trees, and Jinn before the blowing of wind. Technically major Shirk involving idol worship is not possible before it. The impossibility establishes the error of his accusation and vindicates the Ahle Sunnat of major Shirk.

- [6] The Arabic word used has been translated to mean compete, contend, vie, and fight. I believe the correct translation of the word used is compete not fight because Prophet (sallallahu alayhi was’sallam) was talking about the whole and not part. A faction of companions fought another and through out history minority of Muslims fought each other but the whole remained at peace. Coming to the competing for sake of wealth with each other, that has been pretty much the problem of Muslim Ummah as whole. Therefore, the correct translation, the demonstrated translation is, compete, vie, and contend.

- [7] I have encountered Hanbali Khariji’s online who do believe that alayqum in the hadith is about companions but they are willing to concede that it refers to Muslims ‘Ummah as whole’. Yet some how exclude the majority of Muslims, the Ahle Sunnat from this ‘Ummah as whole’ and brand this Ahle Sunnat majority as Mushrikeen. The great majority of Muslims of earth are from Ahle Sunnat Wal Jammat in creed, in practice, and importantly in methodology, about which Prophet (sallallahu alayhi was’sallam) said: “I heard the Messenger of Allah (subhanhu wa ta’ala) say: ‘My nation will not unite on misguidance, so if you see them differing, follow the great majority.’” [Ref: Ibn Majah, Vol.1, B36, H3950] Therefore ‘Ummah as whole’ is inclusive of Ahle Sunnat who are the majority and not exclusive. A peanut size faction, who originated from region of Najd, cannot dictate who is included in ‘Ummah as whole’ and who is excluded.

- [8] A heretic may argue that the hadith uses general term Ummah therefore, it is not about companions. Response would be, are the companions not part of the Ummah? If yes then application of the above hadith equally refers them. In fact, the companions are referred as Ummah in the verse of; you are the best of Ummah raised from humankind (3:110). Therefore, a Khariji cannot legitimately exclude the companions from his understanding of hadith because according to his position the hadith indicates possibility of Shirk from elements of Muslim Ummah. Hence, one cannot refute the charge of major Shirk, which was brought against companions using Khariji principles of interpretation and Khariji interpretations of hadith.

- [9] Note, the verse says from EVERY UMMAH a witness will be called and this EVERY UMMAH is inclusive of Prophet Muhammad (sallallahu alayhi was’sallam). Meaning he will be called to be bear witness against his own Ummah. Those people whom he will bear witness against from his own Ummah will be the ones who did not accept his message of Islam. Note there are two types of Ummah, 1) believing Ummah, 2) sent to Ummah. Whom he would bear witness against will be from ‘sent to Ummah’ but who did not believe in his message of Islam. Prophet (sallallahu alayhi was’sallam) has been sent to all humankind as a Messenger of Allah (subhanahu wa ta’ala): “Say: "O mankind! Verily, I am sent to you all as the Messenger of Allah - to Whom belongs the dominion of the heavens and the earth. There is no god but He. It is He Who gives life and causes death.” [Ref: 7:158] Therefore, those who have rejected his message after receiving the message of Islam will deny having received the message of Islam. Just as the other nations of previous Prophets and Prophet (sallallahu alayhi was’sallam) will bear witness in court of Allah (subhanahu wa ta’ala) testifying the message was delivered.

- [10] “... Allah's Apostle said, "The Hour will not be established till the buttocks of the women of the tribe of Daus move while going round Dhi-al-Khalasa." Dhi-al-Khalasa was the idol of the Daus tribe which they used to worship in the Pre Islamic Period of ignorance.” [Ref: Bukhari, B88, H232]

- [7] Part One: Anyone with bit of knowledge of Islam will immediately understand that the Arabs worshiped the idols believing they are their gods. Therefore, they would immediately understand that the phrase; “… religion of their forefathers …” refers to a complete system, which includes worship of idol gods. The following verse of the Quran quotes what the Mushrikeen said regarding the religion of their ancestors: “Nay! They say: "We found our fathers following a certain way and religion, and we guide ourselves by their footsteps." And similarly, We sent not a warner before you to any town (people) but the luxurious ones among them said: "We found our fathers following a certain way and religion, and we will indeed follow their footsteps." [Ref: 43:22/23] This indicates that polytheists had a complete belief system, a way of life evolved around central principle of worshiping idols and they were keen to following the footsteps of their polytheistic ancestors. In the story of Ibrahim (alayhis salam), he connects the central principle of idol worship with religion of ancestors: “When he said to his father and his people: "What do you worship?" They said: "We worship idols, and to them we are ever devoted." He said: "Do they hear you, when you call on (them)?”Or do they benefit you or do they harm (you)?" They said: "(Nay) but we found our fathers doing so." He said: "Do you observe that which you have been worshipping - "You and your ancient fathers? [Ref: 26: 70/76] Part Two: The polytheist Arabs also connected the central pillar of polytheistic religion, the worship of idols to their ancestors. In the court of Caesar, a companion while stating what Prophet (sallallahu alayhi was’sallam) invited to, stated about his pre-Muslim era belief: “He said, 'What does he order you to do?' I said, 'He tells us to worship Allah alone, and not to worship others along with Him, and to leave all that our fore-fathers used to worship. He orders us to pray, give in charity, be chaste, keep promises and return what is entrusted to us.' When I had said that, Caesar said to his translator …” [Ref: Bukhari, B1, H191] In a verse of Quran Allah (subhanahu wa ta’ala) declares the belief of Mushrikeen, stating Mushrikeen worship what theirs fathers worshipped: “So be not in doubt as to what these people worship. They worship nothing but what their fathers worshipped before (them). And verily, We shall repay them in full their portion without diminution.” [Ref: 11:109] Another verse of Quran presents the excuse of Mushrikeen, in which the Mushrikeen referenced idol worship to their ancestral fathers: “And those who joined others in worship with Allah said: "If Allah had so willed, neither we nor our fathers would have worshipped aught but Him, nor would we have forbidden anything without (Command from) Him." So did those before them. Then! Are the Messengers charged with anything but to convey clearly the Message?” [Ref: 16:35]  Even Prophet (sallallahu alayhi was’sallam) connected the worship of idols with religion of ancestors of Arabs while explaining to Hadhrat Aisha (radiallah ta’ala anha) how people would revert to worship of idols. Refer to footnote nine, below.

- [11] “From ‘Abd-Allaah ibn Mas’ood, who said: “Something will come and take the Qur’aan one night and not one aayah will be left, either in the Mus-haf or in the heart of any person, but it will be taken away.” [Ref: Sunan Darimi, Chap; Remembering Quran, H3377], “Abd-Allaah ibn Mas’ood said: “Recite the Qur’aan much before it is taken away.” They said, “These Mus-hafs will be taken away! What about that which is (memorized) in men’s hearts?” He said: “Something will come and take it one night, and in the morning they will wake up without it. They will forget the phrase ‘laa ilaaha ill-Allaah’ and they will start to recite the sayings and poetry of the Jaahiliyyah. That is when the Word will be fulfilled against them.” [Ref: Sunan Darimi, Chap; Remembering Quran, H3375]

- [12] “'A'isha reported: I heard Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying: The (system) of night and day would not end until the people have taken to the worship of Lat and 'Uzza. I said: Allah's Messenger, I think when Allah has revealed this verse: "He it is Who has sent His Messenger with right guidance, and true religion, so that He may cause it to prevail upon all religions, though the polytheists are averse (to it)", it implies that is going to be fulfilled. Thereupon he (Allah's Apostle) said: It would happen as Allah would like. Then Allah would send the sweet fragrant air by which everyone who has even a mustard grain of faith in Him would die and those only would survive who would have no goodness in them. And they would revert to the religion of their forefathers." [Ref: Muslim, B41, H6945]

- [13] Saudi Wahhabiyyah princes are funding the orientalist as well as archeological research efforts into history of Arabian peninsula. I have learnt that through the archeological efforts, ancient idol gods of pre-Islamic era have been discovered which are now being displayed in the museums in Saudi Wahhabiyyan state. This state is an enemy state, enemy of Muslims, enemy of Islam and enemy of Islamic heritage, which it strives to eliminate under the pretext; of eliminating means to Shirk. This state sponsors a doctrine whose core objective is to eliminate Islamic heritage of entire world yet these people sponsor archeological research into polytheistic history of Arabia and display them as valuable artifacts of Arab heritage. Yet Sunnah of RasoolAllah (sallallahu alayhi was’sallam) is that he personally destroyed these idols. In contrast this enemy state, the ally of Dajjal and his forces (i.e. Israel, America).  Not only demolished the graves of Sahabah they dug up their graves and approved the plans to build toilets over the house of Prophet (sallallahu alayhi was’sallam). Praise is to Allah; the Sunnis united and ensured this insult was not allowed. This Saudi Wahhabiyyan state and her Wahhabi minions from all over the world will converge to Saudi Arabia and they will join the force of Dajjal. In order to fight against the armies of Ahle Sunnat led by Imam Mahdi (rahimullah alayhi ta’ala) in order to protect their Wahhabi state from falling. At present, this state and her minions are busy with eliminating the heritage of Islam and the state of Wahhabiyyah is investing in archeology of pre-Islamic era. These findings will eventually contribute to interest in idolatry after death of Muslims and will aid the Satan in encouraging the Arabs to return to worship of idols. My intuitional belief is that world will be stripped of Islamic heritage until nothing remains pointing to Islam other then book of Allah (subhanahu wa ta’ala) and that too would be lifted. And I firmly believe, the Wahhabi’s are the vessel which Allah (subhanahu wa ta’ala) have destined this to happen until last of them marches upon Masjid al Haram and destroys Kabah to protect the doctrine of Tawheed, under the pretext of finding the treasure of Kiswah. Note, that Wahhabi’s have concept of ‘blocking the means’. It means that anything that can lead to Shirk should be prevented from existing. Combined with their misunderstanding that, invoking of Allah (subhanahu wa ta’ala) at the graves of Saliheen or engaging in worship at Islamic heritage sites such as Masajid where companions or Prophet (sallallahu alayhi was’sallam) prayed, is actually worship of the Saliheen, Sahabah and Prophet (sallallahu alayhi was’sallam). Hence based on the concept of ‘blocking the means’ these people destroyed all the Islamic heritage and eventually based on this same concept a even more extremist branch of Khawarij would march upon Kabah and destroy it but this will not happen before the blessed body of Prophet (sallallahu alayhi was’sallam) is exhumed and reburied on a undisclosed site by the fore-runners of Kabah destroyers, the Saudi Wahhabiyyan state sponsored Khariji-ism.

- [14] Abdur-Rahman Bin Hasan writes in his commentary of Kitab at-Tawheed called Fat’h Al Majeed; "Specially if it is known that today the majority of scholars from different (muslim) countries do not know from tawhid except what mushriks (of Makkah) approved and they did not know the meaning of "al-ilahiyya" that "kalimatul-ikhlas" denied its attribution to anything other than Allah." [Quoted by Wahhabi’s, not verified] In another portion of the book this grandson considered a Mujadid (i.e. Reviver Of Islam) also wrote in another portion of this commentary: “The people of Egypt are kuffaar because they worship Ahmad al-Badawi, the people of Iraq and those around them and the people of Oman are Kuffar because they worship (Abdal Qadir) al-Gilani, and the people of Sham are Kuffaar because they worship Ibn al-Arabi, as well as the people of Najd and Hijaz before the emergence of the Wahhabi dawa, and the people of Yemen” [Quoted by Wahhabi’s, not verified] He stopped at the mentioned countries but if he was aware of the Awliyah of subcontinent he would have included; people of Hind are kuffaar because they worship, Ali Al Hujweri, Mian Muhammad Baksh, Moin Ud Din Ajmeri, etc. Here is a simple principle to tell if you are Mushrik or not. If you do not agree to the concept taught Muhammad bin Abdul Wahhab the Khariji written in Kitab at-Tawheed, you are guilty of major Shirk. It is unlikely that you will be directly called out as a Mushrik or Kafir but rest assured you are one if you cross the path of Muhammad bin Abdul Wahhab.

- [15] Please note the seriousness of his claims: “And I inform you about myself – I swear by Allah whom there is none worthy to worship except Him – I have sought knowledge and those who knew me believed that I had knowledge while I did not know the meaning of La Ilaha Illa Allah at that time and did not know the religion of Islam before this grace that Allah favored. As well as my shaikhs (teachers) no one among them knew that. And if someone from the scholars of al-Arid (the lands of Najd and surrounding areas) claims that he knew the meaning of La Ilaha Illa Allah or knew the meaning of Islam before this time, or claims on behalf of his teachers that someone from them knew that, then he has lied and said falsehood and deceived people and praised himself with something he does not possess. [Ref: Ar-Rasa`il ash-Shakhsiyyah] No one in region of Najd knew meaning of; there is no god accept Allah, then how can anyone be Muslim without knowing something fundamental as this? This question is answered by Muhammad bin Abdul Wahhab’s grandson: “The people of Egypt are kuffaar because they worship Ahmad al-Badawi, the people of Iraq and those around them and the people of Oman are Kuffar because they worship (Abdal Qadir) al-Gilani, and the people of Sham are Kuffaar because they worship Ibn al-Arabi, as well as the people of Najd and Hijaz before the emergence of the Wahhabi dawa, and the people of Yemen [Quoted by Wahhabi’s, not verified] What Muhammad bin Abdul Wahhab was insinuating that there were no Muslims before not even him until Allah (subhanahu wa ta’ala) favored him with understanding of there is no god accept Allah; “… at that time and did not know the religion of Islam before this grace that Allah favored.” Until then as indicated by grandson of Muhammad bin Abdul Wahhab everyone was Kafir, Mushrik not just in Arabia, but in Egypt, Syria, Yemen, in fact the majority of [Muslims and their] scholars on the earth were upon ‘Tawheed’ of ‘Mushrikeen’ of Makkah. Note that the grandson of Muhammad bin abdul Wahhab was actually reffering to the Muslim scholars of Makkah and their understanding of Tawheed as Tawheed of Mushrikeen. The above quote is evidence of his mass takfir of Muslims even though he denied. His Takfir is established from the fact that he believes no one before him knew meaning of; ‘La Ilaha Illa Allah’.

Edited by MuhammedAli

بحث میں حصہ لیں

آپ ابھی پوسٹ کرکے بعد میں رجسٹر ہوسکتے ہیں۔ اگر آپ پہلے سے رجسٹرڈ ہیں تو سائن اِن کریں اور اپنے اکاؤنٹ سے پوسٹ کریں۔
نوٹ: آپ کی پوسٹ ناظم کی اجازت کے بعد نظر آئے گی۔

اس ٹاپک پر جواب دیں

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• حالیہ دیکھنے والے   0 اراکین

• کوئی رجسٹرڈ رُکن اس صفحے کو نہیں دیکھ رہا