Performing Tahajud Prayers In Islam

iamqasim

تجویز کردہ جواب

Salah is the obligatory ritual, which is compulsory to establish hence has declared one of the significant pillar to strengthen faith and devotion with the Mighty Lord. Apart from the obligatory prayers there are some voluntary prayers entailing double virtues and are source of redemption for the Muslims. In Hadith, it is stated that Allah will ask from His angels, on Judgment day that:

“Look at My slave’s prayer, is it complete or lacking?’ If it is complete, it will be recorded as complete, but if it is lacking, He will say, ‘Look and see whether My slave did any voluntary (Nawafil) prayers.’ If he had done voluntary prayers, He will say, ‘Complete the obligatory prayers of My slave from his voluntary prayers.” [sunan Abu Dawud]

Aforementioned Hadith is the best proof towards establishment of voluntary prayers out of which Tahajud is considered the most virtuous and divine in sight of Allah.

Tahajud Prayers in Islam:

Tahajud prayers are offered in the last thirst part of the night once get up after taking some sleep as the mandatory condition for the establishment of this Salah is to sleep and then wake up. It is the time when Allah descends down from heaven on earth and asks His followers to invoke Him for He is much near than a jugular vein. Hadith narrates:

“Our Lord descends to the lowest heaven during the last third of the night, inquiring: 'Who will call on Me so that I may respond to him? Who is asking something of Me so I may give it to him? Who is asking for My forgiveness so I may forgive him?” [sahih Bukhari]

How to Offer Tahajud Prayers:

This voluntary prayer may be performed from 2 Raka’ah to 12 depending on one’s will power. It was Allah’s Apostles Sunnah to offer eleven Raka’ah during Tahajud prayers with long extended prostration in it where one can easily perform fifty Quranic verses in it.

Whilst sleeping in one cozy bed it is difficult to wake up and offer Salah for the sole pleasure of Allah. Those are indeed the people near and dear to Allah and they are awarded with their true deeds and great status. Quran states:

25_64.png

“And those who spend [part of] the night to their Lord prostrating and standing (in prayer).” [Quran, 25: 64]

Desirable form of Worship:

Night prayers and worship is otherwise a desirable form of worship in sight of Allah. The third form of night is the time when Allah is all near to His servant and hears to what he wishes.

During the day when one is absorbed in all daily activities, one is distracted by surroundings and cannot concentrate on supplication. In night when everything is serene enough then a worshipper can perform obligation in full devotion. As Hadith narrates:

“Be vigilant in standing up [in prayer] at night, for it was the practice of the pious before you. It is a means of gaining proximity to Allah, expiation for transgressions and a barrier from sins.” [Tirmidhi]

Source of Expiation from sins:

Tahajud Salah has regarded as a source of expiation from sins and warding off satanic influence. Satan is the worst enemy to distract a Muslim from worship and from glorification of lord. While sticking to the ritual of worshipping Satan stays away from those who hold onto Allah and the book of guidance for solace in order to keep one away from worldly pungencies and inner daemons.

“ When one wakes up and remembers Allah, one knot is undone; and when one performs ablution, the second knot is undone, and when one prays the third knot is undone and one gets up energetic with a good heart in the morning; otherwise one gets up lazy and with a mischievous heart.” [sahih Bukhari]

Edited by iamqasim

بحث میں حصہ لیں

آپ ابھی پوسٹ کرکے بعد میں رجسٹر ہوسکتے ہیں۔ اگر آپ پہلے سے رجسٹرڈ ہیں تو سائن اِن کریں اور اپنے اکاؤنٹ سے پوسٹ کریں۔
نوٹ: آپ کی پوسٹ ناظم کی اجازت کے بعد نظر آئے گی۔

اس ٹاپک پر جواب دیں

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.