The Qualities And Excellence Of The Noble Prophets [Sallallahualaihiwasallam]

Attari.Rafique

تجویز کردہ جواب

37528_416070320333_672380333_5290458_4836088_n.jpg

Each and every Prophet and Messenger of Allah was blessed with a perfect disposition. They were handsome and their lineage noble. Their character was good as was their behavior. This is because they all possess the attributes of perfection. They guided to the completed the code of human spiritual behavior which was to be completed by Prophet Muhammad Peace and Blessings of Allah be Upon Him and practiced virtuous deeds on account of their rank being of the most noble and their degree being of the highest.

165393_478420105333_672380333_6451909_181924_n.jpg

The Seal of the Prophethood – Sayyiduna wa Mawlana

MuHammad ar-RasoolAllah SallAllaho Alaihi wa Aalihi wa Sallam

Allah tells us that He preferred some of the Prophets and Messengers over others with His words,

تلك الرسل فضلنا بعضهم على بعض منهم من كلم اللـه ورفع بعضهم درجات وآتينا عيسى ابن مريم البينات وأيدناه بروح القدس

"These are the Noble Messengers, to whom We gave excellence over each other; of them are some with whom Allah spoke, and some whom He exalted high above all others; and We gave Eisa (Jesus), the son of Maryam, clear signs and We aided him with the Holy Spirit" [surah al-Baqarah : 253]

He also tells us,

ولقد اخترناهم على علم على العالمين

"And We knowingly chose them, among all others of their time" [surah al-Dukhan : 32]

Prophet Muhammad Peace and Blessings of Allah be Upon Him said, "The first group to enter the Garden of Paradise will be like the full moon… every man will be in the height of their father Adam who was sixty cubits (90 feet) tall." [sahih Bukhari, Volume 4, Page 93 – Sahih Muslim, Volume 4, Page 2179]

164749_478411670333_672380333_6451770_5348443_n.jpg

Sayyiduna Moosa Kalimullah (Moses) Alaihis Salam - Palestine

The description of several of the prophets has been made known to us by Prophet Muhammad Peace and Blessings of Allah be Upon Him who tells us, "I saw Moosa (Moses), he was tall with curly hair. He resembled the men of Shanu'a. I saw Eisa (Jesus), he was of medium height with a reddish face just as if he had come out after having taken a hot bath." He further described him as being slender, like a sword. He gave additional information about Moosa saying, "He is like the best men you have ever seen with a dark complexion." Of himself he said, "Among the descendants of Ibrahim, I am the one who most resembles him." [sahih Bukhari, Volume 4, Page 122 – Sahih Muslim, Volume 1, Page 153]

Sayyiduna Abu Hurayrah Radi Allahu Ta'ala Anhu tells us, "After Prophet Lot, Allah did not send a prophet who was not from the noblest class of his people." In addition to this is that they were among the wealthy and powerful. [Mustadrak, Volume 2, Page 561]

Sayyiduna Anas ibn Maalik Radi Allahu Ta'ala Anhu tells us that Allah did not send a prophet without making his face and voice beautiful, and that Prophet Muhammad, may Allah praise and venerate him and grant him peace, had the most handsome face of all of them and also the best voice. [shama'il al-Tirmidhi, Page 254]

During the cross-examination of Sayyiduna Abu Sufyan Radi Allahu Ta'ala Anho by Heraclius, Emperor of Rome, Heraclius said, "I questioned you about his lineage and you said that he was of good lineage among you, and that is how all the Messengers have bee sent, from the noble families of their people." [sahih Bukhari, Volume 4, Page 125]

166373_478411900333_672380333_6451777_4336149_n.jpg

Sayyiduna Yusha' bin Noon Alaihis Salam - Iraq

Prophets and Messengers preferred by Almighty Allah

There are many references to the Prophets and Messengers who were preferred by Allah mentioned in the Holy Qur'an, some of which are mentioned below:

Of Prophet Ayyub Alaihis Salam, Allah says,

إنا وجدناه صابرا نعم العبد إنه أواب

"We indeed found him patiently enduring; what an excellent bondman! He is indeed most inclined." [surah al-Saad : 44]

Of Prophet Yahya Alaihis Salam, Allah says,

يا يحيى خذ الكتاب بقوة وآتيناه الحكم صبيا۔ وحنانا من لدنا وزكاة وكان تقيا۔ وبرا بوالديه ولم يكن جبارا عصيا۔ وسلام عليه يوم ولد ويوم يموت ويوم يبعث حيا

"O Yahya - hold the Book firmly"; and We gave him Prophethood in his infancy. And compassion from Ourselves, and chastity; and he was extremely pious. And was good to his parents and not forceful, nor disobedient. And peace is upon him the day he was born, and the day he will taste death, and the day he will be raised alive." [surah al-Maryam : 12-15]

167398_478411790333_672380333_6451774_2000448_n.jpg

Sayyiduna Zakariya Alaihis Salam - Alleppo, Syria

He also tells us of the time Prophet Zakariyah Alaihis Salam was given the good news of a son,

أن اللـه يبشرك بيحيى مصدقا بكلمة من اللـه وسيدا وحصورا ونبيا من الصالحين

"Indeed Allah gives you glad tidings of Yahya (John), who will confirm a Word (or sign) from Allah, - a leader, always refraining from women, a Prophet from one of Our devoted ones." [surah Aal-e-Imran : 39]

He tells us,

إن اللـه اصطفى آدم ونوحا وآل إبراهيم وآل عمران على العالمين

"Indeed Allah chose Adam, and Nooh, and the Family of Ibrahim, and the Family of Imran over the creation." [surah Aal-e-Imran : 33]

Of Prophet Nuh He says,

إنه كان عبدا شكورا

"He was indeed a grateful bondman." [surah al-Isra : 3]

166130_478411490333_672380333_6451766_7591765_n.jpg

Sayyiduna Jarjees Alaihis Salam - Mousul, Iraq

Of Prophet Eisa Alaihis Salam He says,

إذ قالت الملائكة يا مريم إن اللـه يبشرك بكلمة منه اسمه المسيح عيسى ابن مريم وجيها في الدنيا والآخرة ومن المقربين

"And remember when the angels said, “O Maryam! Allah gives you glad tidings of a Word from Him, whose name is the Messiah, Eisa the son of Maryam - he will be honourable in this world and in the Hereafter, and among the close ones (to Allah)." [surah Aal-e-Imran : 45]

Allah quotes Prophet Eisa Alaihis Salam who said,

إني عبد اللـه آتاني الكتاب وجعلني نبيا۔ وجعلني مباركا أين ما كنت وأوصاني بالصلاة والزكاة ما دمت حيا

"I am Allah’s bondman; He has given me the Book and made me a Herald of the Hidden (a Prophet). And He has made me blessed wherever I be; and ordained upon me prayer and charity, as long as I live." [suran al-Maryam : 30-31]

165222_478410840333_672380333_6451751_3933644_n.jpg

Sayyiduna YaHya Alaihis Salam - Damascus, Syria

and Almighty Allah warns,

يا أيها الذين آمنوا لا تكونوا كالذين آذوا موسى

"O People who Believe! Do not be like the people who troubled Moosa" [surah al-Ahzab : 69]

Prophet Muhammad Peace and Blessings of Allah be Upon Him tells us that Prophet Moosa Alaihis Salam was a modest man who covered himself. No part of his body was seen on account of his modesty. [Ash-Shifa, Volume 1, Page 136]

Allah quotes Prophet Moosa Alaihis Salam as saying,

فوهب لي ربي حكما وجعلني من المرسلين

"so my Lord commanded me and appointed me as one of the Noble Messengers." [surah al-Shu'ara : 21]

167852_478410720333_672380333_6451747_2016109_n.jpg

Sayyiduna Hud and Sayyiduna Sualeh Alaihim as-Salam - Iraq

Several Prophets mentioned by Almighty Allah

Several of the prophets are mentioned by Almight Allah in the Holy Qur'an as saying to their people,

إني لكم رسول أمين

"I am indeed a trustworthy Noble Messenger of Allah to you." [surah al-Shu'ara : 107]

In reference to Prophet Ibrahim Alahis Salam, Almighty Allah says,

ووهبنا له إسحاق ويعقوب كلا هدينا ونوحا هدينا من قبل ومن ذريته داوود وسليمان وأيوب ويوسف وموسى وهارون وكذلك نجزي المحسنين۔ وزكريا ويحيى وعيسى وإلياس كل من الصالحين۔ وإسماعيل واليسع ويونس ولوطا وكلا فضلنا على العالمين۔ ومن آبائهم وذرياتهم وإخوانهم واجتبيناهم وهديناهم إلى صراط مستقيم۔ ذلك هدى اللـه يهدي به من يشاء من عباده ولو أشركوا لحبط عنهم ما كانوا يعملون۔ أولئك الذين آتيناهم الكتاب والحكم والنبوة فإن يكفر بها هؤلاء فقد وكلنا بها قوما ليسوا بها بكافرين۔ أولئك الذين هدى اللـه فبهداهم اقتده قل لا أسألكم عليه أجرا إن هو إلا ذكرى للعالمين

"And We bestowed upon him Ishaq (Isaac) and Yaqub (Jacob); We guided all of them; and We guided Nooh before them and of his descendants, Dawud and Sulaiman and Ayyub and Yusuf and Moosa and Haroon; and this is the way We reward the virtuous. And (We guided) Zakaria and Yahya (John) and Eisa and Ilyas; all these are worthy of Our proximity. And Ismael (Ishmael) and Yasa’a (Elisha) and Yunus (Jonah) and Lut (Lot); and to each one during their times, We gave excellence over all others. And some of their ancestors and their descendants and their brothers; and We chose them and guided them to the Straight Path. This is the guidance of Allah, which He may give to whomever He wills among His bondmen; and had they ascribed partners (to Allah), their deeds would have been wasted. These are the ones whom We gave the Book and the wisdom and the Prophethood; so if these people do not believe in it, We have then kept ready for it a nation who do not reject (the truth). These are the ones whom Allah guided, so follow their guidance; say (O dear Prophet Mohammed - peace and blessings be upon him), “I do not ask from you any fee for the Qur’an; it is nothing but an advice to the entire world." [surah al-An'aam : 84-90]

166178_478410580333_672380333_6451743_7515643_n.jpg

Sayyiduna Younus Alaihis Salam - Mousul, Iraq

Prophets and Messengers as Possessors of Admirable Qualities

In the following Qur'anic quotations Allah describes the prophets and messengers as possessors of many fine and admirable qualities; right action, chosen, judgment and prophecy.

Concerning Ishaq Alahis Salam, Allah tells us that the angels said to Ibrahim Alahis Salam,

لا تخف وبشروه بغلام عليم

"“Do not fear!”; and they gave him the glad tidings of a knowledgeable son." [surah adh-Dhariyat : 28]

And of Ismail Alaihis Salam Allah says,

فبشرناه بغلام حليم

"We therefore gave him the glad tidings of an intelligent son" [surah as-Saaffat : 101]

Almight Allah says,

ولقد فتنا قبلهم قوم فرعون وجاءهم رسول كريم۔ أن أدوا إلي عباد اللـه إني لكم رسول أمين

"And before them We indeed tried the people of Fir'aun, and an Honourable Noble Messenger came to them. Who said, “Give the bondmen of Allah into my custody; I am indeed a trustworthy Noble Messenger for you.”" [surah al-Dukhan : 17-18]

165231_478410490333_672380333_6451742_1271381_n.jpg

Sayyiduna Sheeth Alaihis Salam - Iraq

At the time when Prophet Ibrahim Alaihis Salam was about to fulfill his sacrificial vision of his son, Ismail Alaihis Salam told him,

يا أبت افعل ما تؤمر ستجدني إن شاء اللـه من الصابرين

"O my father! Do what you are commanded! Allah willing, you will soon find me patiently enduring!" [surah as-Saaffat : 102]

Of Ismail Alaihis Salam, Almighty Allah says,

واذكر في الكتاب إسماعيل إنه كان صادق الوعد وكان رسولا نبيا

"And remember Ismail in the Book; he was indeed true to his promise and was a Noble Messenger, a Prophet." [surah al-Maryam : 54]

Allah speaks of the devotion of Moosa Alaihis Salam saying,

إنه كان مخلصا وكان رسولا نبيا

"He was indeed a chosen one, and he was a Noble Messenger, a Herald of the Hidden."[surah al-Maryam : 51]

Also,

قال ستجدني إن شاء اللـه صابرا ولا أعصي لك أمرا

"Said Moosa, 'Allah willing, you will soon find me patient and I will not do anything against your instructions.'" [surah al-Kahf : 69]

163789_478410275333_672380333_6451733_483327_n.jpg

Sayyiduna Ibrahim Khalilullah Alaihis Salam - Palestine

Allah tells us that Sulayman Alaihis Salam was,

نعم العبد إنه أواب

"what an excellent bondman! He is indeed most inclined." [surah al-Saad : 30]

Allah calls upon us to remember,

واذكر عبادنا إبراهيم وإسحاق ويعقوب أولي الأيدي والأبصار۔ إنا أخلصناهم بخالصة ذكرى الدار۔ وإنهم عندنا لمن المصطفين الأخيار

"And remember Our bondmen Ibrahim, and Ishaq, and Yaqub – the men of power and knowledge. We indeed gave them distinction with a genuine affair – the remembrance of the (everlasting) abode. And in Our sight, they are indeed the chosen ones, the beloved."[surah al-Saad : 45-47]

Of Prophet Dawud Alaihis Salam, He says,

عبدنا داوود ذا الأيد إنه أواب

"Our bondman Dawud, the one blessed with favours; he is indeed most inclined (towards His Lord)." [surah al-Saad : 17]

and,

وشددنا ملكه وآتيناه الحكمة وفصل الخطاب

"And We strengthened his kingdom and gave him wisdom and just speech." [surah al-Saad : 20]

167886_478410320333_672380333_6451735_1176049_n.jpg

Sayyiduna Ishaaq Alaihis Salam - Palestine

Of Prophet Yousuf Alaihis Salam, Almighty Allah says,

قال اجعلني على خزائن الأرض إني حفيظ عليم

"Said Yusuf, 'Appoint me over the treasures of the earth; indeed I am a protector, knowledgeable.'" [surah al-Yousuf : 55]

Allah mentions the saying of Prophet Shu'aib Alaihis Salam,

ستجدني إن شاء اللـه من الصالحين

"Allah willing, you will probably find me of the righteous." [surah al-Qasas : 27]

And,

ما أريد أن أخالفكم إلى ما أنهاكم عنه إن أريد إلا الإصلاح ما استطعت وما توفيقي إلا باللـه عليه توكلت وإليه أنيب

"I do not wish that I myself act against it; I only intend to make improvements as far possible; my guidance is only from Allah; I rely only upon Him and towards Him only do I incline." [surah al-Hud : 88]

148199_478409980333_672380333_6451722_4545142_n.jpg

Sayyiduna Sho'aib Alaihis Salam

Of Prophet Loot Alaihis Salam, Allah tells us,

ولوطا آتيناه حكما وعلما

"And We gave Lut the kingdom and knowledge" [surah al-Anbiya : 74]

Of Zakariyah and Yahya Alaihim as-Salam, Allah tells us,

إنهم كانوا يسارعون في الخيرات ويدعوننا رغبا ورهبا وكانوا لنا خاشعين

"indeed they used to hasten to perform good deeds, and pray to Us with hope and fear; and used to weep before Us." [surah al-Anbiya : 90]

Sayyiduna Sufyan Ath-Thawri Alaihir raHma draws our attention to another aspect of the characteristics and qualities found in the prophets, which is their continuous sorrow, this is an indication of their perfection and there are many prophetic quotations that endorse this fact.

167820_478447905333_672380333_6452445_3847456_n.jpg

Sayyiduna Imran Alaihis Salam - Salalah, Oman

Prophet Muhammad, may Allah praise and venerate him and grant him perfect peace, described for himself, "Verily! without a doubt, I am Generous, son of the Generous, son of the Generous." [sahih Bukhari, Volume 4, Page 119 – Mustadrak, Volume 2, Page 571]

He also described the noble lineage of Prophet Yousuf Alaihis Salam, saying, "The noble son of a noble son, of a noble son of a noble man, Yousuf, son of Ya'qub, son of Ishaq, son of Ibrahim the prophet, son of a prophet, son of a prophet, son of a prophet." [Ash-Shifa, Volume 1, Page 139]

He also said, "The eyes of the prophets slept, but their hearts did not sleep." [sahih Bukhari, Volume 4, Page 152]

Prophet Sulayman Alaihis Salam who was given a great kingdom, never raised his eyes to the heavens because he was humble and feared Allah. As for his diet, he would eat coarse bread made from barley but would serve others with fine food. [Az-Zuhud wa Imam Ahmad Ibn Hanbal, Page 91]

It was revealed to him, "O leader of worshipers and goal of the abstinent." The story has reached us of how one day when he was riding on the wind with his armies, an elderly woman complained to him, whereupon he commanded the wind to stop so he might attend to her need before he continued on his way. [Ash-Shifa, Volume 1, Page 140]

167565_478410235333_672380333_6451732_8382028_n.jpg

Sayyiduna Haroon Alaihis Salam - Mount Ohud, Madina Munawwarah

When Prophet Yousuf Alaihis Salam was asked, "Why are you hungry when you are in charge of the treasures of the earth?" He replied, "I am fearful that I might become full and thereby forget those who are hungry." [Ash-Shifa, Volume 1, Page 140]

Abu Hurayrah heard the Prophet Peace and Blessings of Allah be Upon Him say, "Recitation was made easy for Dawud. He would order his mount and turn it loose, and would finish his recitation before his mount wandered off." [Ash-Shifa, Volume 1, Page 140]

Prophet Dawud Alaihis Salam ate only from the labor of his own hands and would ask Allah to provide for him from the work of his own labor so that he would not need to take anything from the treasury. Almighty Allah tells us,

ألنا له الحديد ۔ أن اعمل سابغات وقدر في السرد

"and We made iron soft for him. 'Make large coats of armour and keep proper measure while making;'" [surah Saba : 10-11]

162653_478410220333_672380333_6451731_3259928_n.jpg

Sayyiduna Dhul-Kifl Alaihis Salam - Iraq

Prophet Muhammad Peace and Blessings of Allah be Upon Him told his Companions, "The prayer Allah loves most is that of Dawud, and the fast He loves most is that of Dawud. He would sleep for half of the night, stand up for a third and sleep for a sixth. He would fast alternate days. He wore wool and slept on hair. He ate barley bread mixed with salt and ashes. His drink was mixed with tears after his error of inaccurate judgment in which he had passed judgment before hearing from the second party. He was never seen to laugh nor look upwards to the sky because of his shyness before his Lord and he wept continuously until he died. It is said that he wept until plants sprang up from his tears and until the tears formed a crease on his cheeks, and that when he went out he would disguise himself to learn what people thought of his justice, and upon hearing people praise him, he became more humble." [sahih Bukhari, Volume 4, Page 128 – Sahih Muslim, Volume 2, Page 816 – Kitab az-Zuhud, Page 71 – Ash-Shifa, Volume 1, Page 140]

Eisa Alaihis Salam was asked, "Why don't you ride a donkey?" He replied, "I exalt Allah so much to be occupied with tending to a donkey." [Musannaf Abi Shayba as stated in Manabil as-Safa of Imam Suyooti, Page 87]

His clothing was made from hair and he ate from the trees. He did not have a house and would sleep wherever sleep overtook him. The name he most liked to be called by was "the very poor". [Kitab az-Zuhud]

163979_478410190333_672380333_6451730_7470935_n.jpg

Sayyiduna Danial Alaihis Salam - Mousul, Iraq

Prophet Muhammad Peace and Blessings of Allah be Upon Him spoke of the trials of previous prophets saying, "Some of the prophets before me were tested with poverty and lice. They preferred those trials to gifts." [Mustadrak, Volume 4, Page 307]

Mujahid tells us that Prophet Yahya's food was that of herbs and he wept so much on account of his fear of Allah that puffed-up folds formed on his cheeks. To avoid people he would eat in the company of wild animals. [al-Bidaya wa an-Nihaya, Volume 1, Page 149]

Tibri narrated from Wahb Ibn Munabbih that Moosa sought shelter in a hut. He ate and sipped from a stone with a hollow in it. In humility he sipped in a way similar to that of an animal because of the honor Allah had shown him by speaking to him. [Ash-Shifa, Volume 1, Page 141]

164193_478410085333_672380333_6451727_5502939_n.jpg

Sayyiduna Ayyub Alaihis Salam - Between Babil and Kufa, Iraq

These reports have all been recorded and the perfect attributes of the prophets and messengers together with their good character, handsome features and qualities are well known so we will not linger any more on them. Should you read contrary to these reports in other books, know that the historian or commentator is among the ill-informed.

38416_416063640333_672380333_5290384_1648254_n.jpg

بحث میں حصہ لیں

آپ ابھی پوسٹ کرکے بعد میں رجسٹر ہوسکتے ہیں۔ اگر آپ پہلے سے رجسٹرڈ ہیں تو سائن اِن کریں اور اپنے اکاؤنٹ سے پوسٹ کریں۔
نوٹ: آپ کی پوسٹ ناظم کی اجازت کے بعد نظر آئے گی۔

اس ٹاپک پر جواب دیں

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• حالیہ دیکھنے والے   0 اراکین

• کوئی رجسٹرڈ رُکن اس صفحے کو نہیں دیکھ رہا