Fatwa on Beard

Ruqaiyah

تجویز کردہ جواب

(salam)

Dear Brother(s)/Sister(s)

I would be grateful if anyone could provide me with the fatwa of Imam Ahmad Raza Khan Qadri (ra) on beard. In Faizan-e-Sunnat it is stated that keeping a beard less than a fist is haram but many people don't believe in it since some sahabah (ra) had a beard less than a fist. Also it has not been indicated in Hadith Shareef that it's haram to keep a beard less than a fist. What is the reason that Imam Ahmad Raza Khan Qadri declared a beard less than a fist as haram.

PS I'm sorry for starting a thread in English my Urdu is rather week and I found it very hard to explain this in Urdu - I'm sorry to admin(s) & mods.

JazakAllah

Fi amanAllah

Edited by Ruqaiyah

(bis)

Question? Jan 15, 1998

Please state with references if a full beard is wajib. Nearly all imams here are Shaafi and do not have a full beard.

Imam reply:

A handful of beard is also incumnant near shafeeis according as near Ahnaf. A great scholar of shafee maslak Imam sharfuddin Nawwi (Rahmatullah Alaih) says:

"The correct word is that to cut beard, in any case, is abominable but it should be left as it is. There is no problem how long it is because it has been narrated in Hadith i.e. "leave your beard".

(Sharhul Muhazzab, Vol-1, Page 290) Printed from Matbua Darulfikr Barute.

http://www.dawateislami.net/services/imam/...=106&title=View

----------------------------------------------------------

Question? Feb 7, 1999

I have a beard and know it is very good - but is it permisseable ofr a Muslim to remove his beard -

Imam reply:

To have beard up to the length of one fist is Wajib (incumbent). And to cut before this length is not (Jaaiz) permissible. (Ftawa-e- Razawiyya, Vol. 10, page 68)

http://www.dawateislami.net/services/imam/...=259&title=View

Question? Aug 7, 2003

my question is that does islam asks us to shave our beards?

Imam reply:

Answer with the help of ALLAH ALMIGHTY...

To grow a beard at least one fist long is (Wajib) incumbent not fard. To shave it or reduce it to less than the required length is Haram (Unlawful). As Hazrat Haisam (Radi Allahu anhu) narrates that, "Hazrat Abdullah Ibne Umar (Radi Allahu anhuma) used to hold the beard in his fist and cut the amount of the hair out side the fist. " Imam Muhammad (Rahmatullah alaih) says we act upon this very hadith and Imam-e- Azam abu hanifa (radi aAllahu anhu) said the same. (Kitabul Asar). There are people who say that keeping the beard one fist long is not necessary but they are wrong. As has been said in Durre-Mukhtar, "The act of reducing the beard to less than a fist, like some western Christians and eunuchs do, has not been said permissible by anyone. And cutting all of it is an act of the Jews, Hindus, non Arabs (of that time) and fire-worshipper." (Durre-Mukhtar, Vol. 2, page 461). It becomes wajib from the time it starts growing. As the Prophet (Allah's Grace & Peace be upon Him) says, "Cut the moustaches and let the beard grow. Oppose the fire-worshippers." (Saheeh Bukhari.) (Faizan-e-Sunnat, page 544).

ALLAH ALMIGHTY and HIS PROPHET(Salallah-o-Alaih Wasallam) know the best...

http://www.dawateislami.net/services/imam/...0546&title=View

Question? Dec 27, 2002

Assalam o Alaikum

i read your question but i heard that i our fiqh hanafi beard is sunnat a muqada, just now i read that beard is wajib.

please clear my cofusion and make my self clear, i am waiting for your reply, jazakallah azwajal

fee aman allah azwajal, salam ma al akram

Question? Oct 8, 2000

what is the concept of making KHAT in the beard.

Is the limit of beard is one mist plus one or two finger long according to Sunnat.

Imam reply:

To keep beard upto the length of one fist is (Wajib) obligatory and to shave it completely or to decrease it from one fist is (Haram) forbidden . Although you may cut the hair increasing one fist.

Durremukhtar , Bahar-e-Shariat Page. 705 , Part 16. publisher Shabbir Brother Lahore.

To make

• 2 months later...
  • 3 years later...

(salam)

Dear Brother(s)/Sister(s)

I would be grateful if anyone could provide me with the fatwa of Imam Ahmad Raza Khan Qadri (ra) on beard. In Faizan-e-Sunnat it is stated that keeping a beard less than a fist is haram but many people don't believe in it since some sahabah (ra) had a beard less than a fist. Also it has not been indicated in Hadith Shareef that it's haram to keep a beard less than a fist. What is the reason that Imam Ahmad Raza Khan Qadri declared a beard less than a fist as haram.

PS I'm sorry for starting a thread in English my Urdu is rather week and I found it very hard to explain this in Urdu - I'm sorry to admin(s) & mods.

JazakAllah

Fi amanAllah

(wasalam)

لمعة الضحى في إعفاء اللحى

داڑھی کے وجوب اسکی حد اور اسے کتروانے یا منڈانے کی مذمت کا مدلل بیان

http://www.razanw.org/modules/alahazratbooks/item.php?itemid=173

بحث میں حصہ لیں

آپ ابھی پوسٹ کرکے بعد میں رجسٹر ہوسکتے ہیں۔ اگر آپ پہلے سے رجسٹرڈ ہیں تو سائن اِن کریں اور اپنے اکاؤنٹ سے پوسٹ کریں۔
نوٹ: آپ کی پوسٹ ناظم کی اجازت کے بعد نظر آئے گی۔

اس ٹاپک پر جواب دیں

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• حالیہ دیکھنے والے   0 اراکین

• کوئی رجسٹرڈ رُکن اس صفحے کو نہیں دیکھ رہا