ghusl e mayyit or kafan denay ka tareeqa

Umm-e-Anwaar Raza

تجویز کردہ جواب

(salam)

dear sisters!plz raed it carefully

its neccessary for all of us:

KAFFAN...the SIZE of the 5 pieces for a WOMAN...

ALL OF THE MATERIAL SHOULD BE WHITE...symbolising the equality within Islam..even when we go we ALL look the same!

LIFAFA...The length of this should be 2 handspans above & below the body..2 above head & 2 below feet.

IZHAR...The length of this should be so that it covers the area from the top of the head to the ankles.

KAMEEZ...This should be from the shoulders to the knees (when it is folded) then a slit is made in the top for the head to go through.

SEENA BAND (chest covering)...The length of this should be from the woman's underarms to her thighs.

DUPATTA...Enough material to cover her hairBefore the actual ghusl..you need to go round the body with incense sticks (agarbathi) either 3, 5 or 7 times...this because the angles will enter..so it will smell nice.

-You need another spare piece of material that will cover the whole body...preferably dark as the body is not allowed to be exposed to anybody at anytime.

So the Ghusl will be done under this material.

The material needs to be placed over the body and the clothes of the lady need to be cut off..so that her body is not exposed.

(please correct me if Im wrong..im not too sure on this bit!)

The material being dark is better because if it is light..when it gets wet it will become see-through.

This needs to stay over the body throughout the WHOLE PROCESS.

NOTE..If by accident any part of the body is seen then you should not tell anybody what you have seen..As if you cover somebody else's faults on the day of Qiyamah Allah ta'lah will cover your faults and if you expose anybodys faults then Allah ta'lah will expose yours (this applies not only to the dead body, but even in everyday life...we need to refrain from exposing anybody's faults.)

WUDU..before the GHUSL

-Making sure body is covered with material, put a glove on the left hand, and do the istinja of the lady..pouring water on the private parts and cleaning the area...NOT removing material..NOT looking under.

- Then gently press the stomache, washing away any dirt that comes out.

- Then with wet cotton wool clean the inside of the nose, ears and mouth.

- Wash the face, arms, feet and do masah of the head,GHUSL

- Wash the hair, making sure all of the hair is wet...shampoo, rinse.It is good to use Khitmee (a type of shampoo), but any kind of herbal shampoo is ok.

- Tilt the body to the left and pour water over the right side, 3 times.

-Tilt thebody to the right side and pour water over theleft side, 3 times.

- Sit the body up slightly and gently press thestomache so that any dirt that remains in the body will go out. If any dirt does come out..wash it away. There is no need to repeat the ghusl or wuzu.

- Pour kafoor water (something to do with moth balls) on both sides of the body.

- Just make sure that EVERY part of the body gets wet and not 1 hair remains dry.

-Ghusl is now complete.

WRAPPING THE KAFFAN

1) KAMEEZ...put it over the head of the woman.

2) Put some KAFOOR on sajda spots...forehead, nose, palms of hands, elbows, ankles...this is so that no insects don't come near those areas.

3) Divide the hair and put one half on left side and the other on the right side..covering the chest.

4) SEENA BAND (chest covering)..placing the material under the body..need to wrap it round to cover the chest...first place left side over chest then right side over the left.

5) DUPATTA..wrap round so that it covers all the hair..don't insert any pins..just cover the hair.

6) IZHAR..wrap the body..first the left and then placing the right one over the left (same way as the seena band is done).

7) LIFAFA..wrap around the whole body..left side over the right (again the same way as the others).

regards

• 1 month later...
(salam)

I Think

Ok Thankyou for the reply, can someone please give me some more details regarding this topic?

Now i'm confirmed this is not a fard..

Namaz-e-Janaza Fard-e-Kafaya Hai.. Ager Koi Aik Bhi Ada Ker Ley Tu Sub Bari ul Zima Ho Gaye Aur Ager Kisi Ney Ada Nhin Ki Tu Jin Jin Tak Khabar Pohnchi Sub Gunahgar Hongey (Namaz Key Ahkam, Page 380,381)

Tu Ghusl Kesay Fard Ho Sakta Hai? Book Namaz Key Ahkam (Writer: Ameer-e-Ahle Sunnat) Mein Namaz-e-Janaza Key Tareqa Mein Page No 379 Per Likha Hai..

Hazrat-e-Moula-e-Kainat Ali ul Murtaza Shair-e-Khuda (ra) Sey Riwayat Hai Key Sarkar-e-Madinah (saw) Ney Irshad Fermaya Key, "Jo Kisi Mayit Ko Nehlaye (Ghusl Dey), Kafan Pehnaye, Khushbo Lagaye, Janaza Uthaye, Namaz Perhey, Aur Jo Naqis Bat Nazer Aaye Usay Chupaye, Apney Gunahoon Sey Aisa Pak Ho Jata Hai Jesa Jis Din Maan Key Pait Sey Paida Howa Tha (Sunan-e-Ibn-e-Maajah, Jild 2, Page 201, Hadees No 1462)

Is Sey Aagey Ameer-e-Ahle Sunnat (damat barkthum aaliya) Ney Ghusal Dena Fard Honey Key Barey Mein Kuch Nhin Likha..

Wasalam Ma'Al Ikram

Ok Thankyou for the reply, can someone please give me some more details regarding this topic?

Now i'm confirmed this is not a fard..

Namaz-e-Janaza Fard-e-Kafaya Hai.. Ager Koi Aik Bhi Ada Ker Ley Tu Sub Bari ul Zima Ho Gaye Aur Ager Kisi Ney Ada Nhin Ki Tu Jin Jin Tak Khabar Pohnchi Sub Gunahgar Hongey (Namaz Key Ahkam, Page 380,381)

Tu Ghusl Kesay Fard Ho Sakta Hai? Book Namaz Key Ahkam (Writer: Ameer-e-Ahle Sunnat) Mein Namaz-e-Janaza Key Tareqa Mein Page No 379 Per Likha Hai..

Hazrat-e-Moula-e-Kainat Ali ul Murtaza Shair-e-Khuda (ra) Sey Riwayat Hai Key Sarkar-e-Madinah (saw) Ney Irshad Fermaya Key, "Jo Kisi Mayit Ko Nehlaye (Ghusl Dey), Kafan Pehnaye, Khushbo Lagaye, Janaza Uthaye, Namaz Perhey, Aur Jo Naqis Bat Nazer Aaye Usay Chupaye, Apney Gunahoon Sey Aisa Pak Ho Jata Hai Jesa Jis Din Maan Key Pait Sey Paida Howa Tha (Sunan-e-Ibn-e-Maajah, Jild 2, Page 201, Hadees No 1462)

Is Sey Aagey Ameer-e-Ahle Sunnat (damat barkthum aaliya) Ney Ghusal Dena Fard Honey Key Barey Mein Kuch Nhin Likha..

Wasalam Ma'Al Ikram

its just that koi aurathein baath kar raheh teh aur urdu mein baath ho rahe thee, kise neh kaha keh zindagi meh you have to do Ghusl about 7/6 (cant remember) times

Thankyou anyway

P.s please can you translate the hadees?

(salam)

dear sunni sister

(oh sister how poor my english iz ,but i m trying my best)

admin bhai already cleared it that this iz not a fard ,yes but this iz mustahab.The word "mustahabb" means "seeking the love (of Allah SWT A hadith qudsi beautifully describes the way to seek the love of Allah SWT: Abu Huraira reported that the Prophet said, "Allah said: My servant draws not near to Me with anything more loved by Me than the religious duties I have enjoined upon him, and My servant continues to draw near to Me with supererogatory works so that I shall love him"

found in Sahih Bukhari

& all muslim & muslimah should learn it b/c when we ll give ghsl to our relative deceased it would be better than other non relative person,

now im trying to translate that hadith:

Narrated hadrat Ali (ra) that prophet Mohammad (saw) said:

whoever gives the ghusel to a deceased,wraps the coffin,applies perfume(kaafoor),carries the funeral,conceals physicall defects of deceased ,thus he shall be absolved of all of his sins just like the day he was born.((Sunan-e-Ibn-e-Maajah, Jild 2, Page 201, Hadees No 1462)

(sorry for bad english sis)

JazakAllah (azw)

wassalam ma'al ikram

• 9 months later...

(bis)

(saw)

(salam)

kia meeyat ko ghussal dainay sai pahlay dhaaye saparay bhi parhay jatay hain?

kia jab meeyat ko kafan pahna kar rakha jaye to kia sab log baari baari aa kar us kai kaan main yah kahtay hain kah tum nai jo kuch bhi mairay saath kia maine bakhsha? yaani usi waqt yah sab kuch kahna zaroori hai ?

• 5 years later...

http://www.islamimehfil.com/topic/10167-mayat-jo-dafnaney-ka-sharai-tareeqa/

bismillah.gif

saw.gif

salam.gif

kia meeyat ko ghussal dainay sai pahlay dhaaye saparay bhi parhay jatay hain?

kia jab meeyat ko kafan pahna kar rakha jaye to kia sab log baari baari aa kar us kai kaan main yah kahtay hain kah tum nai jo kuch bhi mairay saath kia maine bakhsha? yaani usi waqt yah sab kuch kahna zaroori hai ?

WaAlaikumussalam

Aap nay jo batain bayan ki hain , istrah karna zroori NAHEEN hay . Murday k Kafan dafan main jaldi karni chaheay , bila waja takheer say parhaiz karna chaheay.

• 2 years later...

بحث میں حصہ لیں

آپ ابھی پوسٹ کرکے بعد میں رجسٹر ہوسکتے ہیں۔ اگر آپ پہلے سے رجسٹرڈ ہیں تو سائن اِن کریں اور اپنے اکاؤنٹ سے پوسٹ کریں۔
نوٹ: آپ کی پوسٹ ناظم کی اجازت کے بعد نظر آئے گی۔

اس ٹاپک پر جواب دیں

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• حالیہ دیکھنے والے   0 اراکین

• کوئی رجسٹرڈ رُکن اس صفحے کو نہیں دیکھ رہا