Muslims Will Not Fall Into Idolatry In Arabian Peninsula.

MuhammedAli

تجویز کردہ جواب

• 5 years later...
مراسلہ: (ترمیم شدہ)

Muslims Will Not Fall Into Idolatry In Arabian Peninsula.

Intorduction:

In 17th century Muhammed Ibn Abdul Wahhab Najdi at-Tamimi rose up against Ahle Sunnat Wal Jammat of Arabian peninsula accusing them of major Shirk; grave-worshipping and tree-worshipping etc. Three hundered years later his fallowers are doing their best to spread their Khariji heresy with similar tactics. When it is explained to the Wahhabi's; RasoolAllah (sallallahu alayhi wa aalihi was'sallam) stated clearly in Sahih Ahadith that Ummah will not worship others beside Allah (subhana wa ta'ala) they resort to false interpretations to defend their positions. Or when Muhammed bin Abdul Wahhab Najdi at-Tamimi is criticised for his takfir of Muslims his fallowers resort to: 'Indeed people of Arabia in his time were upon major Shirk, they worshipped the graves, trees, made mosques on graves and worshipped the dead saints. Therefore after exhorting them to repent Shaykh declared them as Mushrik, and there is no wrong in this.' This line of response maybe best form of defence for a person who has his brain in cloud cuckoo land. With decerning knowledge of Quran, Sunnah it becomes apparent that this defence of Shaykh of Najd is nothing but a monstrosity to defend a monstrous Takfiri rebel of Sharia. If Allah (subhanahu wa ta’ala) wills this article will establish with clear evidences from Quran and Sunnah that people of Arabian peninsula were not guilty of Shirk; this would establish with no ambiguity that Takfir of Muhammad Ibn  Abdul Wahhab was unjust.[1]

Ahadith Of Prophet About Satan Worship In Arabian Peninsula:

"Jabir reported: I heard Allah's Apostle (may peace be upon him) as saying: Verily, the Satan has lost all hopes that the worshippers would ever worship (him) in the peninsula of Arabia, but he (is hopeful) that he would sow the seed of dissension amongst them." [Ref: Muslim, B39, H6752] “It was narrated from Sulaiman bin ‘Amr bin Ahwas that his father said: “I heard the Prophet () say, during the Farewell Pilgrimage: ‘O people! Which day is the most sacred?’ three times. They said: ‘The day of the greatest Hajj.’ He said: ‘Your blood and your wealth and your honor are sacred to one another, as sacred as this day of yours, in this land of your. No sinner commits a sin but it is against himself. No father is to be punished for the sins of his child, and no child is to be punished for the sins of his father. Satan has despaired of ever being worshipping in this land of yours, but he will be obeyed in some matters which you regard as insignificant, and he will be content with that. All the blood feuds of the Ignorance days are abolished, and the first of them that I abolish is the blood feud of Harith bin ‘Abdul-Muttalib, who was nursed among Banu Laith and killed by Hudhail. All the usuries of the Ignorance days are abolished, but you will have your capital. Do not wrong others and you will not be wronged. O my nation, have I conveyed (the message)?’ (He asked this) three times. They said: ‘Yes.’ He said: ‘O Allah, bear witness!’ three times.” [Ref: Ibn Majah, Vol1, B25, H3055]

People Of Prophet Ibrahim And His Father Worshipped Idol-Gods:

Prophet Ibrahim (alayhis salam) addressing his father states: “Behold, he said to his father: "O my father! why worship that which heareth not and seeth not, and can profit thee nothing?” [Ref: 19:42] In verse 46, Allah (subhana wa ta'ala) makes clear that Prophet Ibrahim (alayhis salam) refered to idol gods with above words that’s why his father responds with a question: “(The father) replied: "Dost thou hate my gods, O Abraham? If thou forbear not, I will indeed stone thee: Now get away from me for a good long while!" [Ref: 19:46] The gods refered in the above verse were idols, which the people Ibrahim (alayhis salam) worshipped: "Lo! Abraham said to his father Azar: "Takest thou idols for gods? For I see thee and thy people in manifest error." [Ref: 6:74] In summary people of Ibrahim (alayhis salam), as well as his father took idols as gods besides Allah (subhana wa ta'ala) and worshiped them as such. Due to inability of idols to hear the call, seeing Mushrikeen, and there lack of helpfulness Prophet Ibrahim (alayhis salam) reasoned with his father: “Why worship that which heareth not and seeth not, and can profit thee nothing?” [Ref: 19:42]

Meaning Of Prophet Ibrahim’s (alayhis salam) Referrence Of Satan Worship:

In verse 43 Prophet Ibrahim (alayhis salam) continues to exhort his father Azhar: "… To me has come knowledge which has not reached thee: so follow me: I will guide thee to a way that is even and straight (i.e. worship of Allah).” [Ref: 19:43] In language of Quran worship of Allah (subhanahu wa ta’ala) is straight path: “And that you should worship Me. That is the straight path.“ [Ref: 36:61] So Prophet Ibrahim (alayhis salam) said to his father follow me I will guide you to worshiping Allah (subhanahu wa ta’ala). In the next verse, 44, as part of the exhortion; Prophet Ibrahim (alayhis salam) says to his father to abstain from worship of Satan: "O my father! Worship not satan: for satan is a rebel against Ar'Rahman (i.e. Allah the most Gracious).” [Ref: 19:44] When the facts are clear that father of Prophet Ibrahim (alayhis salam) and his people worshipped idol-gods. Then logical deduction is that Prophet Ibrahim (alayhis salam) termed worship of idol-gods of his people as Satan-worship. In the following there is indication that father of Prophet Ibrahim (alayhis salam) understood worship of Satan as idol-worship. And therefore he responded by saying: “(The father) replied: "Dost thou hate my gods, O Abraham? If thou forbear not, I will indeed stone thee: Now get away from me for a good long while!" [Ref: 19:46]

Clear Proof Establishes Goddess Worship Is Worship Of Satan:

Allah (subhana wa ta'ala) states; Mushrikeen leave Allah (subhana wa ta'ala) and instead call upon in worship to the goddesses: (The Mushrikeen) leaving Him (i.e. Allah) call but upon (i.e. yad'una) goddesses: They call but upon satan the persistent rebel!” [Ref: 4:117] Invocation directed toward a diety/god is worship. Therefore when the polytheists of Arabia invoked on their goddesses they in reality worshipped them. And their this act of worship is termed as if they actually call upon Satan the persistent rebel. Their goddesses are mentioned in Quran: Have ye seen Lat and Uzza. And another, the third Manat? What! for you the male , and for Him, the female?” [Ref: 53:19/21]

Commentators Of Quran Idol-Worship Is Satan Worship:

The interpretation that 'idolatory is worship of Shaytan' or 'worship of Shaytan is idolatory' is affirmed by commentators of Quran. First of all I quote Sayyidil Mufassireen Ibn Abbas (radiallah ta'ala anh): “(They invoke in His stead) the people of Mecca worship in place of Allah (only females) lifeless idols such as al-Lat, al-'Uzza and Manat; (they pray to) they worship (none else than Satan, a rebel) who is intense in his rebellion.” [Ref: 4:11, Tafsir Ibn Abbas] Tafsir of Jalal Ud Din Suyuti (rahimullah alayhi ta'ala), and Jalal Ud Din Al Mahalli (rahimullah alayhi ta'ala) makes it absolutely clear that idol worship is reffered as Satan worship: “What (in, is [to be understand as] mā, ‘only’) they pray to, [what] the idolaters worship, instead of Him, God, that is, other than Him, are but females, idols with feminine names, such as al-Lāt, al-‘Uzza and Manāt; and they (in, is [to be understand as] mā, ‘only’) only pray to, they [only] worship, by worshipping [these female idols], a rebellious satan, one who has rebelled against obedience [to God], for they are obeying him in this [worship of female idols][2].” [Ref: 4:11, Tafsir Al Jalalayn] Ibn Kathir (rahimullah alayhi ta'ala) leaves no doubt in mind that idol-worship is being refered as Shaytaan worship: They invoke nothing but female deities besides Him.” The idolators claimed that the angels are Allah's daughters, saying, `We only worship them so that they bring us closer to Allah.' So they took the angels as gods, made the shapes of girls and decided, `These (idols) resemble the daughters of Allah (i.e., the angels), Whom we worship. ''' This is similar to Allah's statements: Have you then considered Al-Lat and Al-`Uzza” (53:19) “And they make the angels who themselves are servants of the Most Gracious (Allah) females.” (43:19) and “And they have invented a kinship between Him and the Jinn.” (37:158) Allah's statement: and they invoke nothing but Shaytan, a persistent rebel!” means, Shaytan has commanded them to do this and made it seem fair and beautiful in their eyes. Consequently, they are worshipping Shaytan in reality, just as Allah said in another Ayah: ...” [Ref: 4:11, Tafsir Ibn Kathir] Based on the Quranic evidence and supplementary evidence from classical commentarie it can be concluded that idol worship is in reality Satan worship.

Muslims Will Not Worship Satan In Arabian Peninsula:

Prophet (sallalahu alayhi was'sallam) has stated in a authentic Hadith: "Jabir reported: I heard Allah's Apostle (may peace be upon him) as saying: Verily, the Satan has lost all hopes that the worshippers would ever worship (him) in the peninsula of Arabia, but he (is hopeful) that he would sow the seed of dissension amongst them." [Ref: Muslim, B39, H6752] In the language of Quran idol worship is synonymous with worship of Satan: (The Mushrikeen) leaving Him (i.e. Allah), call but upon goddesses: They call but upon satan the persistent rebel!” In this context Prophet (sallallahu alayhi wa aalihi was’sallam) said: ...the Satan has lost all hopes that the worshippers would ever worship {him} in the peninsula of Arabia, ...” Therefore the meaning of Prophet's (sallallahu alayhi wa aalihi was’sallam) statement is that Satan has lost hope in succeeding to incite the worshippers of Allah (subhana wa ta'la); the Muslims; to take idol as gods beside Allah (subhana wa ta'ala) in Arabian peninsula and worship them.

Shirk In Arabian Peninsula:

It is recorded in a authentic hadith that Prophet (sallallahu alayhi wa aalihi was’salam) that those Muslims who have iota of faith in their hearts they will die when Allah (subhana wa ta'ala) will send a fragrant musky wind which will take the lives of all the believers. Those remaining will be the worst of people on earth, and it is on these people that Allah (subhana wa ta'ala) will establish day of judgement: “... A group of people from my Umma will continue to fight in obedience to the Command of Allah, remaining dominant over their enemies. Those who will oppose them shall not do them any harm. They will remain ill this condition until the Hour overtakes them. (At this) 'Abdullah said: Yes. Then Allah will raise a wind which will be fragrant like musk and whose touch will be like the touch of silk; (but) it will cause the death of all (faithful) persons, not leaving behind a single person with an iota of faith in his heart. Then only the worst of men will remain to be overwhelmed by the Hour.” [Ref: Muslim, B20, H4721] Another Hadith of Prophet (sallallahu alayhi wa aalihi was’sallam) reveals that day of judgement will not be established until people revert back to worship of pre-Islamic idol-gods Lat and Uzza: 'A'isha reported: I heard Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying: The (system) of night and day would not end until the people have taken to the worship of Lat and Uzza. I said: Allah's Messenger, I think when Allah has revealed this verse: "He it is Who has sent His Messenger with right guidance, and true religion, so that He may cause it to prevail upon all religions, though the polytheists are averse (to it)." (9:33) It implies that (this promise) is going to be fulfilled. Thereupon he (Allah's Apostle) said: It would happen as Allah would like. Then Allah would send the sweet fragrant air by which everyone who has even a mustard grain of faith in Him would die and those only would survive who would have no goodness in them. And they would revert to the religion of their forefathers.” [Ref: Muslim, B41, H6945]

BreakDown Of Hadith To Understand When And Who Will Become Mushrik:

Ummul Momineen Aysha (radiallah ta'ala anha), the truthful, questioned Prophet (sallalahu alayhi was'sallam) after hearing this saying: “’He it is Who has sent His Messenger with right guidance, and true religion, so that He may cause it to prevail upon all religions, though the polytheists are averse (to it).’ It implies that (this promise) is going to be fulfilled.” Upon hearing this from her Prophet (sallallahu alayhi wa aalihi was'sallam) replied: Then Allah would send the sweet fragrant air by which everyone who has even a mustard grain of faith in Him would die and those only would survive who would have no goodness in them.” Note in another Hadith words are every Muslim and every Momin would die due to this wind. This saying is same as above Hadith where Prophet is reported to have said that worst people will be left behind: Then only the worst of men will remain to be overwhelmed ...” The people remaining in Arabian peninsula will be worst for many reasons but one of those reasons is: And they would revert to the religion of their forefathers.” And part of Arabs reverting to religion of fore-fathers is that: The (system) of night and day would not end until the people have taken to the worship of Lat and 'uzza.” To simplify the Muslims would die from face of earth and only Kafirs would remain and then people would revert back to religion of their forefathers and for Arabs it is reverting to worship of mentioned idols. In other words the Hadith is specific to Arabs and not all people of earth. And it is specific about Kafirs reverting to idolartory not Muslims.

UnJustifief Takfir Of Muslims Returns To Issuer:

Beloved Messenger of Allah (sallalahu alayhi was'sallam) stated:
“It is reported on the authority of Ibn 'Umar that the Apostle (may peace and blessings be upon him) observed: When a man calls his brother an unbeliever, it returns (at least) to one of them.” [Ref: Muslim, B1, H116] The narration has been explained by another: ”Narrated Abu Dhar: That he heard the Prophet saying, "If somebody accuses another of Fusuq (i.e. wickedness by calling him wicked) or accuses him of Kufr, such an accusation will revert to him (i.e. to the accuser) if his companion (i.e. the accused) is innocent." [Ref: Bukhari, B73, H71] “... Prophet (sallallahu alayhi wa aalihi was’sallam) said: 'The most I fear on you is a man who will recite the Quran until its brightness appears on him and he becomes a supporter to Islam, then he changes it (i.e. Islamic teachings) to what Allah permits and wills. Upon that, the man become detached from it (i.e. Islam), and he throws it behind his back, and start to fight his neighbor with sword, and he accuse him (his neighbor) of shirk". I (i.e. Hudhaifah) said: O prophet of Allah (sallallahu alayhi wa aalihi was’sallam): Who amongst them both deserve to be called a Mushrik? The accused or the accuser? He replied: "The accuser" [Ref: Sahih Ibn Hibban,V1, H81] These three ahadith establish without doubt that one who makes Takfir of a underserving person; a person who isnt upon Kuffr Al Akbar or upon Shirk Al Akbar then the Takfir returns upon the one who accuses the Muslim of kuffr or shirk.

The Truths Established So Far And Implications Of Them:

In the terminology of Quran worship of idol gods and goddesses is synonymous with worship of Satan therefore the meaning of following prophetic statement is that Muslims in Arabian peninsula will not revert back to idolatory in any time: ...the Satan has lost all hopes that the worshippers would ever worship {him} in the peninsula of Arabia, ...” Instead people of Arabia will revert to worship of al-Lat, and Uzza; after all the Muslims have died. And the rabble left behind will consist of immoral, irreligious, atheists, who will over time will revert back to idolatory and this is evidenced by following Hadith: “... I heard Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying: Only the wicked people would survive and they would be as careless as birds with the charactertistics of beasts. They would never appreciate the good nor condemn evil. Then the satan would come to them in human form and would say: Don't you respond? And they would say: What do you order us? And he would command them to worship the idols but, in spite of this, they would have abundance of sustenance and lead comfortable lives. Then the trumpet ...” [Ref: Muslim B41, H7023] Note that prior to the blowing of musky wind which will take the lives of believers RasoolAllah (sallalahu alayhi was'sallam) did not indicate Muslims reverting back to Shirk in the Arabian peninsula had there been any chance of Muslims reverting to idolatory prior to the mentioned time Messenger (sallallahu alayhi wa aalihi was’sallam) would have informed the believers of it. This refutes the claim of Wahhabiyah that in Arabian Peninsula Shirk was being practiced prior to and during the life of founder of Wahhabism. And Muhammad Ibn Abdul Wahhab strived to bring people back to Tawheed of Kitabullah & Sunnah of RasoolAllah (sallalahu alayhi was'sallam). And it is also has been proven  that Takfir of Muslims, Ahlus Sunnah Wal Jammah, by Muhammad bin Abdul Wahhab and his minions of Satan[3] under the pretext of Shirk is established as unjust, and stands refuted.

The Misguided Are Misguided After Knowledge Of Guidance Has Been Granted:

This leads to the natural conclusion that Muhammad Ibn Abdul Wahhab's and Takfir made by his minions; of Muslims, Ahlus Sunnah, returned upon him and his followers. And the excuse of ignorance can not be extended to him. He was a man of knowledge who had inherited from his father the creed of Ahlus Sunnah which he threw behind his back and deviated from path of Ahlus Sunnah. Allah (subhana wa ta'ala) has stated about such people: "And Allaah is not one to misguide a people after He has guided them, until He explains to them that which they should avoid." [Ref: 9:115] Muhammed Ibn Abdul Wahhab opposed what Messenger of Allah (subhana wa ta'ala) stated in the authenticly reported Ahadith and about such people Allah (subhana wa ta'ala) has stated: "And whoever contends with the Messenger after the guidance has been made clear to him, and he follows a path other than the path of the believers, We shall leave him in the path he has chosen and land him in Jahannam, an evil refuge" [Ref: 4:115] Therefore the apostacy of Muhammed Ibn Abdul Wahhab is certain and it would be legitimate to call him Kafir. Those who make Takfir of Muslims in obedience to Shaykh of Najd are also guilty of Kufr but Takfir of such people should not be made until it becomes apparent that their rejection does not stem from ignorance. Even then it would be advised that Takfir is not made until the individual shows sign of Abu Jahli type of rejection, opposition and hate of Ahlus Sunnah; and all means of correction have been exhausted.

Conclusion:

In the lanugage of Quran Satan worship is termed as worship of idols. Statement that Prophet (sallallahu alayhi wa aalihi was’sallam) does not fear people of Arabia would worship Satan because he has despaired means; Satan has given up hope of managing to misguide Muslims to worship idols in Arabian Peninsula. Muhammad Ibn Abdul Wahhab’s Khariji movement was started because he believed Muslims of Arabia are worshipping idols and almost all have become Mushrik to an extent that none of them knew meaning of simple words of Tawheed; none has the right to be worshipped except Allah. Shaykh of Najd belied Prophet (sallallahu alayhi wa aalihi was’sallam) and we are instrcuted to believe in Allah (subhanahu wa ta’ala) and His beloved Messenger (sallallahu alayhi wa aalihi was’sallam) and not one who contends with him in his religion.

Wama alayna ilal balaghul mubeen.
Muhammed Ali Razavi

FootNotes:

- [1] Naturally if the Takfir of Muhammad Ibn Abdul Wahhab was erroneous any arguments used to defend Shaykh an'Najdi's Takfir would automatically be erronenous. And any arguments used by his co-religionists to implicate members of Ahle Sunnat in Shirk would be by default falsehood because Prophet (sallalahu alayhi was'sallam) testified that people of Arabian peninsula will be free from Shirk until a apointed time.

- [2] Someone may attempt to argue the two propositions are not same i.e. idol/goddess worship and Satan worship. Note according to Quran all forms of idol/god worship is worship of Satan in reality, and if Satan was directly worshipped as god it would also be idolatory. The difference is that idol worship indirectly leads to satan worship. In reality idolatory is worship of Satan because he made taking of idol as Ilah and worship of these Ilahs beside Allah (subhana wa ta'ala) as Halal: ... but it is satan who turns them away from the right religion and he makes unlawful what has been declared lawful for them and he commands them to ascribe partnership with Him, although he has no justification for that.” [Ref: Bukhari, B40, H6853] This is something which Allah (subhana wa ta'ala) declared Haram. Those who obeyed Satan and took his declared Halal and believed it they took him as Lord besides Allah (subhana wa ta'ala). Obedience to Allah (subhana wa ta'ala) is worship because obedience to Him entails, fear, respecting, honouring His commands. Therefore those who honour, respect and fear these idol-gods and worship them also obey Satan hence his obedience implies worship of Satan.

- [3] Qarn ash'Shaytan (i.e. group of devil) was to emerge from East of Makkah and Madinah: I heard Allah's Messenger as saying while pointing his hands towards the east: The turmoil would appear from this side; verily, the turmoil would appear from this side where appear the group of Satan.” [ref: Muslim, B41, H6942] Najd is in East of Madinah and Makkah. Darriyah is exact due east [a town in Najd] where Muhammad bin Abdul Wahhab was born: (The Prophet) said, "O Allah! Bless our Sham and our Yemen." People said, "Our Najd as well." ... On that the Prophet said, "There will appear earthquakes and afflictions, and from there will come out the side of the group of Satan." [Ref: Bukhari, B17, H147]

- [4] If a Khariji makes Takfir of members of Ahlus Sunnah under whatever pre-text the Muslims should say with conviction and sincere belief: ‘None has the right to be worshipped except Allah.' And this would be sufficient to prove he is a liar:
From Ubayd-Allah Ibn Umar, from Nafi: A man said to Ibn `Umar: "I have a neighbor who bears witness against me that I commit shirk." He replied: "Say: 'La Ilaha ill Allah,' you will make him a liar." [Ref: Tibyan al Kadhib al Muftari, by Imam Ibn Asakir, Page 373.]  It will also earn the reciter the intercession of beloved Prophet (sallallahu alayhi wa aalihi was’sallam) on the day of judgement; where he would request from Allah (subhana wa ta'ala) reciters entrance to paradise: “The luckiest person who will have my intercession on the Day of Resurrection will be the one who said, 'None has the right to be worshipped but Allah,' sincerely from the bottom of his heart." [Ref: Bukhari, B76, H574]

-------------------------------------------
Formatting And Content Improved.

Edited by MuhammedAli

• MuhammedAli changed the title to Muslims Will Not Fall Into Idolatry In Arabian Peninsula.

بحث میں حصہ لیں

آپ ابھی پوسٹ کرکے بعد میں رجسٹر ہوسکتے ہیں۔ اگر آپ پہلے سے رجسٹرڈ ہیں تو سائن اِن کریں اور اپنے اکاؤنٹ سے پوسٹ کریں۔
نوٹ: آپ کی پوسٹ ناظم کی اجازت کے بعد نظر آئے گی۔

اس ٹاپک پر جواب دیں

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• حالیہ دیکھنے والے   0 اراکین

• کوئی رجسٹرڈ رُکن اس صفحے کو نہیں دیکھ رہا