Prophet Muhammed Is Bashr (Human).

MuhammedAli

تجویز کردہ جواب

Aqeedah Of Ahle Sunnat Wal Jammat:

Ahle Sunnat is of the aqeedah that RasoolAllah {sallalahu alayhi was'salam} as well as all the Ambiyah {alayhis salam} were Bashr {human} beings, and anyone who does not believe in the Bashriat (humanity) of Ambiyah (alayhis salam) is Kaffir.

Evidence One – Surah Fussilat Verse 5:

Allah subhana wa tallah quoting the Mushrikeen had states in the Quran:

* Surah Fussilat {41} Verse 5: “And they say: "Our hearts are under coverings (screened) from that to which you invite us, and in our ears is deafness, and between us and you is a screen, so work you (on your way); verily, we are working (on our way)."

In response to that, Allah subhana wa tallah instructs RasoolAllah to:

* Surah Fussilat {41} Verse 6:Say thou: "Only I am human like you: It is revealed to me by Inspiration, that your Allah is one Allah. so stand true to Him, and ask for His Forgiveness." And woe to those who join gods with Allah,- “

- O Mushrikeen you claim: "Our hearts are under coverings (screened) from that to which you invite us, and in our ears is deafness, and between us and you is a screen, ...”and yet: Only I am human like you, ...” implying that my humanity is not hindering in my receiving the message of Allah subhana wa tallah, my heart receives the Quranic message receive Wahi, and I hear the Quran with my ears, and there is no barrier between me and my Lord, and this true even when I am makhlooq, a created human. And yet there is no difference between me and you because: Only I am human like you, ...” but you still claim to have barrier between me and you. If these claims of your indeed were true, I too would have had these problems because: "Only I am human like you.”

- Another interpretation of the verse: "Only I am human like you.” in the light of: It is revealed to me by Inspiration, that your Allah is one Allah.” would be that since I am human, and you too are humans, and my Allah is One so is your Allah One due to our likeness in being created humans, so stand true to Allah affirm His One'ness and ask for forgiveness for your Shirk, and woe to those who associate with Allah partners, and make others partners in His worship.

Evidence Two – Surah Kahf Verse 110:

When the Jews questioned RasoolAllah {sallalahu alayhi was'salam} about the Ruh {soul}, Prophet {sallalahu alayhi was'salam} informed them:

Surah Al Isra {17} Verse 85: “And they ask you (O Muhammad SAW) concerning the Rûh (the Spirit); Say: "The Rûh (the Spirit): is one of the things, the knowledge of which is only with my Lord. And of knowledge, you (mankind) have been given only a little."

To this the Jews objected:

- Tafsir Asbab Ul Nuzul: “(Say: Though the sea became ink for the Words of my Lord…) [18:109]. Ibn 'Abbas said: “When the Prophet, Allah bless him and give him peace, told them (… and knowledge ye have been vouchsafed but little), the Jews said: 'How can this be when we have been given the Torah? He who has been given the Torah has been given abundant goodness!' Upon which this verse was revealed (Say: Though the sea became ink for the Words of my Lord…)”.

And it is in this context, Allah subhana wa tallah instructs RasoolAllah {sallalahu alayhi was'salam} to inform the Jews:

* Surah Al Kahf {18} Verse 109: “Say: Though the sea became ink for the Words of my Lord, verily the sea would be used up before the words of my Lord were exhausted, even though We brought the like thereof to help."

And in the verse proceeding it RasoolAllah {sallalahu alayhi was'salam} is instructed to add as well:

* Surah Al Kahf {18} Verse 110: “Say: "Only I am human like yourselves, (but) the inspiration has come to me, that your Allah is one Allah. whoever expects to meet his Lord, let him work righteousness, and, in the worship of his Lord, admit no one as partner.”

- O Jews the words of Allah can not be exhausted even if the sea's were ink, but Mushrikeen: "Only I am man like yourselves, (but) the inspiration has come to me, ...” and I only gain knowledge through Wahi, therefore what I have been given is limited because just like your knowledge is limited. It is only Allah who's knowledge is limitless.

- I act righteously, and Worship my Lord, and associate no partner with Him in His worship because: "Only I am man like yourselves, ...” therefore: whoever expects to meet his Lord, let him work righteousness, and, in the worship of his Lord, admit no one as partner.”

In quoted evidences, the Prophet Muhammed {sallalahu alayhi was'salam} is mentioned as a human, and indeed this is true, but the reason for which this is mentioned is not to declare the Bashari'at {human'ness} of Prophet Muhammed {sallalahu alayhi was'salam} but rather to reffute the excuses which the kuffar came up with to hold to their polytheistic creeds, to rebutt various objections of Jews, to golorify Allah's knowledge, and instruct the Mushrikeen, Jews to obey Allah's commands, to believe in His One'ness, and act righteously.

Classical Commentaries: On Human'ness Of Prophet Muhammed.

The classical scholars have interpreted the verses in various ways, some detailed, and other brief. In this part of article inshallah I will disscuss how the Mufassireen have explained the verses, and implications of their Tafasirs.

- Surah Fussilat Verse 6:

- Tafsir Al Jalalayn: Say: ‘I am only a human being like you. It has been revealed to me [simply] that your God is One God. So be upright [in your conduct] before Him, through faith and obedience, and seek forgiveness from Him. And woe (waylun is an expression implying ‘chastisement’) to the idolaters,

- Tafsir Ibn Abbas: (Say) to them, O Muhammad: (I am only a mortal) a human being (like you. It is inspired in me) Gabriel was sent to me with the Qur'an to convey to you (that your God is One God) He has no son or partner, (therefore take the straight path unto Him) therefore turn to Him with repentance from idolatry (and seek forgiveness of Him) and declare His divine Oneness. (And woe) severe punishment; it is also said this means: a river of puss and blood in Gehenna (unto the idolaters) Abu Jahl and his host.

- Surah Kahf Verse 110:

- Tafsir Al Tustari: “His words:So whoever hopes to encounter his Lord, let him do righteous work and not associate anyone with the worship of his Lord.He said:A righteous act is that which is free of ostentation (riyā'), and bound (muqayyad) by the Sunna. But God, Transcendent and Exalted is He, knows best.”

- Tafsir Al Jalalayn: “Say: ‘I am only a human being, a son of Adam, like you; it has been revealed to me that your God is only One God (annamā, the anna assimilated with the mā retains [its function of referring to] the verbal noun), in other words, the Oneness of the Divine is [what is being] revealed to me. So whoever hopes to encounter his Lord, through the Resurrection and the Requital, let him do righteous work and not associate with the worship of his Lord, that is to say, [let him not commit idolatry] in [performing] it by feigning [faith] before, anyone’.”

- Tafsir Ibn Abbas: “(Say) O Muhammad: (I am only a mortal like you) I am a human being like you. (My Lord inspireth in me) through Gabriel (that your God is only One God) and He has no son or partner. (And whoever hopeth for the meeting with his Lord) whoever fears resurrection after death, (let him do righteous work) sincerely, and secretly between him and his Lord, (and make none sharer of the worship due unto his Lord) he should not show off or associate in the worship of his Lord anything or anyone; it is also said that this means: he should not associate in his obedience of his Lord anything or anyone. This verse was revealed about Jundub Ibn Zuhayr al-'Amiri'.”

- Tafsir Asbab Al Nuzul: “(And whoever hopeth for the meeting with his Lord…) [18:110]. Said Ibn 'Abbas: “This verse was revealed about Jundub ibn Zuhayr al-'Amiri who said: 'I do the deed seeking Allah but I get happy when other people come to know about it'. The Messenger of Allah, Allah bless him and give him peace, said to him: 'Allah, exalted is He, is pure and does not accept except that which is pure. He does not accept that in which other than Him is associated'. Allah, exalted is He, then revealed this verse”. Said Tawus: “A man said: 'O Prophet of Allah, I love striving in the way of Allah, but I also love to be seen!' Allah, exalted is He, revealed this verse [about this]”. Mujahid said: “A man went to see the Prophet, Allah bless him and give him peace, and said: 'I give alms and keep my ties of kinship and do this only for Allah, glorious and exalted is He. However, when other people mention this and praise me for it, it makes me happy and I like it'. The Messenger of Allah, Allah bless him and give him peace, did not respond to him. Then, Allah, exalted is He, revealed (And whoever hopeth for the meeting with his Lord, let him do righteous work, and make none sharer of the worship due unto his Lord).”

Tafsir Asbab Ul Nuzul is comprehensive and captures the essences of the Tafasir quoted with it. Therefore I will only comment on the mentioned Tafsir highlight important aspect which might be missed by readers.'

- Jundub ibn Zuhayr al-'Amiri said to Prophet Muhammed {sallalahu alayhi was'salam}:'I do the deed seeking Allah but I get happy when other people come to know about it'. Another man came to Messenger of Allah {sallalahu alayhi was'salam}:'O Prophet of Allah, I love striving in the way of Allah, but I also love to be seen!'Also someone came to Messenger of Allah {sallalahu alayhi was'salam} said:“… 'I give alms and keep my ties of kinship and do this only for Allah, glorious and exalted is He. However, when other people mention this and praise me for it, it makes me happy and I like it.” These people were guilty of Riya {a minor form of Shirk}, Riya meaning doing good deeds for Allah's sake in hope of recognition, and praise by people.

In this context, Allah subhana wa tallah instructs RasoolAllah {sallalahu alayhi was'salam} to show them his humility by saying:... "Only I am human like yourselves, (but) the inspiration has come to me, that your Allah is one Allah.” so that the Sahabah too adopt humility by emulating the manners of RasoolAllah {sallalahu alayhi was'salam}. RasoolAllah {sallalahu alayhi was'salam} is a human who is the Imam of Ambiyah {alayhis salam}, yet he declares: "… Only I am human like yourselves ...”, like those who commit Shirk Ar'riya, like a ordinary human, this is expression of humility, and Messenger of Allah is human unlike anyone but human indeed.Allah subhana wa tallah states in Quran:

* Surah Al Furqaan {25} Verse 63: And the servants of Most Gracious are those who walk on the earth in humility, and when the ignorant address them, they say, "Peace!"

Messenger of Allah {sallalahu alayhi was'salam} is the most humble Abd of Allah subhana wa tallah who ever walked on earth.

- O beleivers Messenger of Allah {sallalahu alayhi was'salam} is claiming to be a ordinary man like you, therefore you too: “Say {to your fellow Sahabah in humility}: "Only I am human like yourselves, (but) the inspiration has come to me {via RasoolAllah}, that your Allah is one Allah. whoever expects to meet his Lord, let him work righteousness and, in the worship of his Lord admit no one as partner {as in Ar'riya}.”

And finally Imam Fakhr Ud Din Raazi {rahimullah alayhi tallah}, certifies in his Tafsir that indeed RasoolAllah was being instructed to be humble:

- Mufatih Ul Ghayb Al Tafsir Al Kabeer:

المسألة الثانية: احتج المخالفون على الطعن في قول أصحابنا أن كلام الله تعالى واحد بهذه الآية، وقالوا: إنها صريحة في إثبات كلمات الله تعالى وأصحابنا حملوا الكلمات على متعلقات علم الله تعالى، قال الجبائي: وأيضاً قوله: { قَبْلَ أَن تَنفَدَ كَلِمَـٰتُ رَبّى } يدل على أن كلمات الله تعالى قد تنفد في الجملة وما ثبت عدمه امتنع قدمه، وأيضاً قال: { ولَوْ جِئْنَا بِمِثْلِهِ مِدَاداً } وهذا يدل على أنه تعالى قادر على أن يجيء بمثل كلامه والذي يجاء به يكون محدثاً والذي يكون المحدث مثلاً له فهو أيضاً محدث وجواب أصحابنا أن المراد منه الألفاظ الدالة على تعلقات تلك الصفة الأزلية، واعلم أنه تعالى لما بين كمال كلام الله أمر محمداً صلى الله عليه وسلم بأن يسلك طريقة التواضع فقال: { قُلْ إِنَّمَا أَنَاْ بَشَرٌ مّثْلُكُمْ يُوحَىٰ إِلَىَّ } أي لا امتياز بيني وبينكم في شيء من الصفات إلا أن الله تعالى أوحى إلي أنه لا إله إلا الله الواحد الأحد الصمد، والآية تدل على مطلوبين: الأول: أن كلمة { إِنَّمَا } تفيد الحصر وهي قوله: { أَنَّمَا إِلَـٰهُكُمْ إِلَـٰهٌ وٰحِدٌ }. والثاني: أن كون الإله تعالى: { إِلَـٰهاً وٰحِداً } يمكن إثباته بالدلائل السمعية، وقد قررنا هذين المطلوبين في سائر السور بالوجوه القوية، ثم قال: { فَمَن كَانَ يَرْجُو لِقَاء رَبّهِ } والرجاء هو ظن المنافع الواصلة إليه والخوف ظن المضار الواصلة إليه، وأصحابنا حملوا لقاء الرب على رؤيته والمعتزلة حملوه على لقاء ثواب الله وهذه المناظرة قد تقدمت والعجب أنه تعالى أورد في آخر هذه السورة ما يدل على حصول رؤية الله في ثلاث آيات: أولها: قوله

This is bit crude translation:

Translation: "I know that the meaning of the perfect Word of God is; Muhammad {peace be upon him} is following the way of humility, he said: (Say: only I am human like you) in which there is no difference between you and me, or in any of the attributes, but that God revealed to me that there is no god but Allah, the One Self-Sufficient Master, ..."

Therefore words of both these verses {41:6, 18:110} instruct humility. And this declaration of RasoolAllah {sallalahu alayhi was'salam} with words: "Only I am Bashr like you ..." means that he declared his humanity in an act of absolute humility. To ensure that his Sahabah too adopt humility, and those who like to be seen, and show off their good deeds, become humble by emulating the way of the RasoolAllah {sallalahu alayhi was'salam}.

Conclusion:

Indeed RasoolAllah {sallalahu alayhi was'salam} is a Bashr whom Allah sent to guide the people of earth to Islam and the verses in discussion do prove that RasoolAllah {sallalahu alayhi was'salam} is Bashr. It has to be said, verses in discussion were not revealed to declare the Bashariat { i.e. humaness} of Prophet Muhammed {sallalahu alayhi was'salam}, because even the Mushrikeen beleived RasoolAllah {sallalahu alayhi was'salam} is Bashr, but some of the actual reasons for revealing the verses are explained above.

Muhammed Ali Razvi

بحث میں حصہ لیں

آپ ابھی پوسٹ کرکے بعد میں رجسٹر ہوسکتے ہیں۔ اگر آپ پہلے سے رجسٹرڈ ہیں تو سائن اِن کریں اور اپنے اکاؤنٹ سے پوسٹ کریں۔
نوٹ: آپ کی پوسٹ ناظم کی اجازت کے بعد نظر آئے گی۔

اس ٹاپک پر جواب دیں

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• حالیہ دیکھنے والے   0 اراکین

• کوئی رجسٹرڈ رُکن اس صفحے کو نہیں دیکھ رہا