Tawassul Bil Amwat: Explaining Wahhabi Quranic Evidence Against It - [Part One].

MuhammedAli

تجویز کردہ جواب

Introduction:

Tawassul bil amwat is a controversial subject who’s practitioner consider it to be legitimate practice, within the boundaries of Shariah. Whose detractors consider it nothing less then Shirk Al Akbar, grave-worship, saint worship, dead-worship, and then its fallowed with edicts of Takfir; Sufi mushrik filth, you're apostate worst then the Mushrikeen of Makkah, we will behead you in public, confiscate your property, enslave your women and children.[1]

They argue that these verses describe the helplessness of the dead and indicate that you have taken the dead as idol-gods beside Allah (subhana wa ta'ala). And their this saying is falsehood because the dead are not helpless but helpful. Insha'allah ta'ala ul aziz in a seperate article servent will list the arguments which the heretics draw from these verses of Quran and prove this with evidence from Quran & Sunnah that their claims of dead being helpless is falsehood. In this article servant will explain the meanings of the verses in light of Quran and ahadith which the Wahhabi's use or may use as evidence to against the creed of Ahle Sunnat Wal Jammat on Tawassul Bil Amwat.

Wahhabi Evidence - One:

Surah An'Nisa (4) Verse 117: “(The Pagans), leaving Him, call but upon (i.e. yad'una) female goddesses: They call but upon Satan the persistent rebel!"

Part One:

The female goddess referred in the verse have been named:

Surah An'Najm {53} Verse 19: “Have ye seen Lat. and 'Uzza, {20} And another, the third Manat? (21) What! for you the male , and for Him, the female?”

The commentators of Qur’an Surah an'Nisa verse hundred and seventeen have explained what the verse means:

Tafsir Al Jalalayn:“What ('in' is to be understand as 'mā' [i.e. ‘only’])[2] they pray to, [what] the idolaters worship, instead of Him, God, that is, other than Him, are but females, idols with feminine names, such as al-Lāt, al-‘Uzza and Manāt; and they …[2*] only pray to, they [only] worship, by worshiping [these female idols], a rebellious Satan, one who has rebelled against obedience [to God], for they are obeying him in this [worship of female idols]."

Tafsir Ibn Abbas:(They invoke in His stead) the people of Mecca worship in place of Allah (only females) lifeless idols such as al-Lat, al-'Uzza and Manat; (they pray to) they worship (none else than Satan, a rebel) who is intense in his rebellion."

Part Two:

The worship of these three idol-goddesses is also mentioned in ahadith:

Sahih Bukhari, Book 26, Hadith 706: “... 'Aisha said, "O, my nephew! Your interpretation is not true. Had this interpretation of yours been correct, the statement of Allah should have been, 'It is not harmful for him if he does not perform Tawaf between them.' But in fact, this divine inspiration was revealed concerning the Ansar who used to assume lhram for worshiping an idol called Manat which they used to worship at a place called Al-Mushallal before they embraced Islam, and whoever assumed Ihram (for the idol), would consider it not right to perform Tawaf between Safa ...”

Sahih Bukhari, Book 60, Hadith 383: Narrated Abu Huraira: Allah's Apostle said, "Whomever takes an oath in which he mentions Lat and 'Uzza (forgetfully),[3] should say: 'None has the right to be worshiped but Allah.' And whoever says to his companion: 'Come along, let us gamble must give alms (as an expiation)."

Negation of worship of ghairullah in the context of taking oath by mentioning name of Uzza and Lat; then affirmation of worship of Allah (subhana wa ta'ala) is evidence that Lat as well as Uzza were considered gods which were worshiped by Mushrikeen.

Wahhabi Evidence - Two:

Surah Al An'am (6) Verse 40 Say: "Think ye to yourselves, if there come upon you the wrath of Allah, or the Hour (that ye dread), would ye then call upon (i.e. tad'una) other than Allah.- (reply) if ye are truthful?”

Part One:

The answer to this question has been answered in the very next verse:

Surah Al An'am (6) Verse 41:"Nay,- On Him would ye call, and if it be His will, He would remove (the distress) which occasioned your call upon Him, and ye would forget the associates ye join (with Him)."

In another verse Allah (subhana wa ta'ala) reveals the nature of Mushrikeen:

Surah Al Isra (17) Verse 67: When distress seizes you at sea, those that ye call upon - besides Himself - leave you in the lurch but when He brings you back safe to land, ye turn away (from Him). Most ungrateful is man!"

Part Two:

Verse 41: “... and ye would forget the associates ye join (with Him)." indicates that Mushrikeen of Makkah had associates with Allah (subhana wa ta'ala). The meaning Mushrikeen associated partners, associates with Allah (subhana wa ta'ala) is explained in Qur’an:

Surah at'Tawbah (9) Verse 31: “They take their priests and their anchorites to be their lords in derogation of Allah and Christ the son of Mary; yet they were commanded to worship but One Allah. There is no god but He. Praise and glory to Him: (Far is He) from having the partners they associate (with Him).“

The verse makes it clear that Polytheistic Christians took Isa (alayhis salam) as Lord with Allah (subhana wa ta'ala) and the Jews took their Rabbi's as Lords as well as Allah (subhana wa ta'ala). In refutation to their these beliefs Allah (subhana wa ta'ala) states: “There is no god but He. Praise and glory to Him: (Far is He) from having the partners they associate (with Him).” Negation of gods, and affirmation of Allah (subhana wa ta'ala) as God is proof that attributed Lords were considered partners in godhood.

In case of Prophet Isa (alayhis salam) as well as his mother Maryam (alayhis salam) them being taken as gods is affirmed explicitly in Qur’an:

Surah Al Maidah (5) Verse 116: And behold! Allah will say: "O Jesus the son of Mary! Didst thou say unto men, worship me and my mother as gods in derogation of Allah?" He will say: "Glory to Thee! never could I say what I had no right (to say). Had I said such a thing, thou wouldst indeed have known it. Thou ...”

Part Three:

From this we can conclude that associates mentioned in ayaat: “... and ye would forget the associates ye join (with Him)." as well as in “... from having the partners they associate (with Him).“ are in meaning of lords, gods.[4] And in the context of 6:41 the verse: “... would ye then call upon (i.e. tad'una) other than Allah.- (reply) if ye are truthful?” [ref: 6:40] refers to gods of Mushrikeen, the idols. Implication of which are; will you mushrikeen call upon Allah (subhana wa ta'ala) in time if distress or call upon your idol-gods.

Part Four:

Incase 'ye of little sense'[5] scream out: 'TA'WHEEL, BA'TAL TA'WHEEL!' servant will substantiate my conclusion from tafasir of well respected commentators of Qur’an. Hadhrat Ibn Abbas (radiallah ta'ala anh) has interpreted the verse to be referring to idols of Mushrikee:

Tafsir Ibn Abbas: “(Say: Can ye see yourselves) what you are saying, O people of Mecca, (if the punishment of Allah come upon you) such was the case on the Day of Badr, Uhud or the Confederates (or the Hour come upon you) or if torment comes upon you on the Day of Judgment, (calling upon other than Allah? Do ye then call (for help) to any other than Allah) to lift the torment from you? ((Answer that) if ye are truthful) that the idols are His partners.”

Tafsir Al Jalalayn: “Say, O Muhammad (s), to the Meccans: ‘Do you see yourselves, [that is] inform me, if God’s chastisement comes upon you, in this world, or the Hour, the Resurrection, which includes this [chastisement], comes upon you, suddenly, will ye call upon any other than God? No! If you speak truly!’, that the idols can benefit you, then call upon them."

The darling of Wahhabi's Ibn Kathir (rahimullah alayhi ta'ala) has linked idols of Mushrikeen with gods of Mushrikeen:

Tafsir Ibn Kathir: “Say:"Tell me if Allah's torment comes upon you, or the Hour comes upon you, would you then call upon any one other than Allah (Reply) if you are truthful!'' This means, you -- disbelievers -- will not call other than Allah in this case, because you know that none except He is able to remove the affliction. Allah said: “if you are truthful”by taking gods besides Him. “Nay! To Him alone you call, and, if He willed, He would remove that (distress) for which you call upon Him, and you forget at that time whatever partners you joined with Him (in worship).” for in times of necessity, you only call on Allah and forget your idols and false deities. In another Ayah, Allah said; ...”

Wahhabi Evidence - Three:

Allah (subhana wa ta'ala) instructs beloved Messenger (sallalahu alayhi was'sallam) in the Qur’an to say:“Say: "I am forbidden to worship those - others than Allah - whom ye call upon (i.e. tad'una)."in two verses of Qur’an:

Surah Al An'am (6) Verse 56: “Say: "I am forbidden to worship those - others than Allah - whom ye call upon (i.e. tad'una)."[6] Say: "I will not follow your wain desires: If I did, I would stray from the path, and be not of the company of those who receive guidance."

Surah Ghafir (40) Verse 66: “Say: "I have been forbidden to invoke those whom ye invoke besides Allah,- seeing that the Clear Signs have come to me from my Lord; and I have been commanded to bow (in Islam) to the Lord of the Worlds."

Part One:

After being instructed to say that he is forbidden to invoke in worship in another verse of Qur’an Prophet (sallalahu alayhi was'sallam) declares on command of Allah (subhana wa ta'ala):

Surah Yunus (10) Verse 104: “Say: "O ye men! If ye are in doubt as to my religion, (behold!) I worship not what ye worship other than Allah. But I worship Allah - Who will take your souls (at death): I am commanded to be (in the ranks) of the Believers”

Prophet (sallalahu alayhi was'sallam) states: “I worship not what you worship … I worship Allah; Who will take your souls (at death).” this indicates what his opponents worship are unable to to take souls at death/sleep. And in Qur’an Allah (subhana wa ta'ala) explicitly declares:

Surah an'Nahl (16) Verse 70:“It is Allah who creates you and takes your soul at death; and of you there are some who are sent back to a feeble age, so that they know nothing after having known (much): for Allah is All-Knowing, All-Powerful.”

Now it has been established that Allah (subhana wa ta'ala) takes soul at death/sleep and Prophet worshiped Allah (subhana wa ta'ala). If it is said: 'I do not attend school which you attend but I attend school which has higher ranking.' It will imply that one who is saying this considers his school to be superior and is discrediting the credentials of the other school. In the similar fashion the understanding derived from this verse:“I worship not what ye worship other than Allah. But I worship Allah - Who will take your souls (at death).” is that Allah the God of Prophet Muhammed (sallalahu alayhi was'sallam) takes the soul of person at death/sleep and gods which his opposition worships are unable to take the soul at death/sleep. This inability of gods besides Allah (subhana wa ta'ala) is mentioned in the Qur’an:

Surah Al Furqan (25) Verse 3: “Yet have they taken, besides him, gods that can create nothing but are themselves created; that have no control of hurt or good to themselves; nor can they control death nor life nor resurrection.”

From this we can conclude that Prophet (sallalahu alayhi was'sallam) was instructed to say to Mushrikeen that he is forbidden to worship gods besides Allah (subhana wa ta'ala) which can not take the soul at the time of death/sleep. Instead he was instructed to worship Allah (subhana wa ta'ala) who can take souls at the time of death/sleep and has control over benefit as well as harm. And controls life,death of His creation as well as their resurrection on the day of judgment.

Part Two:

Hadhrat Ibn Abbas (radiallah ta'ala anh) interpreted: "I am forbidden to worship those - others than Allah - whom ye call upon (i.e. tad'una)." to mean: “(I am forbidden) in the Qur'an (to worship those) idols (unto whom ye cry) whom you worship ...”

Tafsir Ibn Abbas: “(Say) O Muhammad, to the people of Mecca, when they said to him: " revert to the religion of your forefathers ": (I am forbidden) in the Qur'an (to worship those) idols (unto whom ye cry) whom you worship (beside Allah since there have come unto me clear proofs from my Lord, and I am commanded) in the Qur'an (to surrender) to be straight in following Islam (to the Lord of the Worlds) the Lord of all that which has a spirit and moves on the face of the earth.” [ref: Surah 6 Verse 65]

Ibn Kathir (rahimullah alayhi ta'ala) does not interpret the surah al an'Am verse 56, but instead he only interprets the verse partly. The first part of of the verse is interpreted in another verse which has same wording as surah al an'Am verse 65:

Tafsir Ibn Kathir: “Allah says, `say, O Muhammad, to these idolaters, that Allah forbids them to worship anyone, such as these idols and false gods, except Him.' Allah explains that no one apart from Him is deserving of worship, as He says: ...” [ref: Surah 40 Verse 66]

Imam Jalal Ud Din Suyuti (alayhi rehma) does not interpret the verse explicitly:

Tafsir Al Jalalayn: “Say: ‘Truly I have been forbidden to worship those whom you call upon, [those whom] you worship, besides God.’ Say: ‘I shall not follow your whims, by worshiping them, for then, if I did follow them, verily I would have gone astray and I would not be of the rightly guided’.”

The ambiguity of whom the verse refers to is only removed when Tafsir of surah al Ghafir verse 66 is read in the context of previous verse's Tafsir:

Tafsir Al Jalalayn: “He is the Living; there is no god except Him. So supplicate Him, worship Him, devoting [your] religion purely to Him, [free] from any idolatry. Praise be to God, the Lord of the Worlds. Say: ‘I have been forbidden to worship those on whom you call, [those whom] you worship, besides God, since there have come to me clear signs, proofs of His Oneness, from my Lord; and I have been commanded to submit to the Lord of the Worlds’.” [ref: Surah 40 Verse 65-66]

Wahhabi Evidence - Four :

Surah Al A'raf (7) Verse 194: “Verily those whom ye call upon (i.e. tad'una) besides Allahare servants like unto you: Call upon them,[7] and let them listen to your prayer, if ye are (indeed) truthful!”

Part One:

Hadith reveals the identity of the servants referred in the verse of Qur’an:

Sahih Bukhari, Book 60, Hadith 442: “... All the idols which were worshiped by the people of Noah were worshiped by the Arabs later on. As for the idol Wadd, it was worshiped by the tribe of Kalb at Daumat-al-Jandal; Suwa' was the idol of (the tribe of) Murad and then by Ban, Ghutaif at Al-Jurf near Saba; Yauq was the idol of Hamdan, and Nasr was the idol of Himyr, the branch of Dhi-al-Kala.' The names (of the idols) formerly belonged to some pious men of the people of Noah, and when they died Satan inspired their people to prepare and place idols at the places where they used to sit, and to call those idols by their names. The people did so, but the idols were not worshiped till those people (who initiated them) had died and the origin of the idols had become obscure, whereupon people began worshiping them.”

The Hadith explains that the Idols which the Mushrikeen of Makkah worshiped were in fact pious people belonging to Ummah of Nuh (alayhis salam), when these pious people died Shaytan came and whispered to them to make Idols of the pious worshipers of Allah (subhana wa ta'ala). Later the narrative of why the Idols were created was forgotten because shaytaan made them forget it and these idols of were then worshiped by Mushrikeen.

Part Two:

Allah (subhana wa ta'ala) says: “Verily those whom ye call upon (i.e. tad'una) besides Allah are servants like unto you: Call upon them, and ...” in another verse Allah (subhana wa ta'ala) discussing the same servants states:“Yet they attribute to some of His servants a share with Him (in his godhead)! truly is man a blasphemous ingrate avowed.”[ref: 43:15] The share which they attribute to servants of Allah (subhana wa ta'ala) is mentioned in detail in another verse of Qur’an:

Surah Al An'aam (6) Verse 136: And they assign to Allah share of the tilth and cattle which He has created, and they say: "This is for Allah'' according to their claim, "and this is for our partners.'' But the share of their partners reaches not Allah, while the share of Allah reaches their partners! Evil is the way they judge!”

Surah Al Maidah (5) Verse 103: “It was not Allah who instituted (superstitions like those of) bahira, or sahiba, or wasila, or ham: It is blasphemers who invent a lie against Allah. but most of them lack wisdom.”

The verses of Qur’an only allude to some of the customs of Mushrikeen related to their animals, a hadith of Sahih Bukhari sheds light on it in detail:

Sahih Bukhari, Book 60, Hadith 147: ...bahira is a she-camel whose milk is kept for the idols and nobody is allowed to milk it; Sa'iba was the she-camel which they used to set free for their gods and nothing was allowed to be carried on it. ... Wasila is the she-camel which gives birth to a she-camel as its first delivery, and then gives birth to another she-camel as its second delivery. People (in the Pre-lslamic periods of ignorance) used to let that she camel loose for their idols if it gave birth to two she-camels successively without giving birth to a male camel in between. 'Ham' was the male camel which was used for copulation. When it had finished the number of copulations assigned for it, they would let it loose for their idols and excuse it from burdens so that nothing would be carried on it, and they called it the 'Hami.' ...."

Part Three:

Allah (subhana wa ta'ala) states:

Surah Al Ambiyah (21) Verse 26: “And they say: "The Most Gracious has begotten children.'' Glory to Him! They are but honored servants.”

Allah (subhana wa ta'ala) states that the children (i.e. daughters, which Mushrikeen attributed, sons which Jews, Christians) attributed to Him are nothing more then honored servants of Allah (subhana wa ta'ala). And Allah subhana wa ta'ala states about these servants:: Verily those whom ye call upon (i.e. tad'una) besides Allah are servants like unto you: Call upon them, ...” These honored servants which Mushrikeen call upon are subjects of Allah (subhana wa ta'ala) they are creation like the Mushrikeen are creation of Allah (subhana wa ta'ala) and not gods besides Allah (subhana wa ta'ala).

Part Four:

Allah (subhana wa ta'ala) will gather the pious people of Nuh (alayhis salam) which the Mushrikeen took as gods besides Allah (subhana wa ta'ala), as well as the sons, the daughters, which the Mushrikeen attributed to Allah (subhana wa ta'ala) and ask them: "Was it ye who let these My servants astray, or did they stray from the Path themselves?" [ref: 25:17] And they all will reply to Allah (subhana wa ta'ala)

Surah Al Furqan (25) Verse 18: “They will say: Glorified be You! It was not for us to take any protectors besides You, but You gave them and their fathers comfort till they forgot the warning, and became a lost people.”

In the case of Isa (alayhis salam) and Maryam (alayhis salam) when Allah (subhana wa ta'ala) will inquire from them: "O Jesus the son of Mary! Didst thou say unto men, take me and my mother as gods in derogation of Allah.?"[8] He will reply to Allah's question:

Surah Al Maidah (5) Verse 116: “... He will say: "Glory to Thee! never could I say what I had no right (to say). Had I said such a thing, thou wouldst indeed have known it. Thou knowest what is in my heart, Thou I know not what is in Thine. For Thou knowest in full all that is hidden.”

This leads me to conclude that Mushrikeen of Makkah worshiped the idols of pious people of Nuh (alayhis salam) whom they had taken as gods besides Allah (subhana wa ta'ala) and they give share of their cattle, and crops to their idol-gods. And the servants of Allah (subhana wa ta'ala) on the day of judgment will disassociate them self from Mushrikeen and deny the status godhood which the Mushrikeen attributed to them.

Part Five:

Ibn Kathir (rahimullah alayhi ta'ala) interprets surah al A'raf verse 194 in the context of story of Ibrahim (alayhi salam). Its long detailed Tafsir in the mentioned context but servant will only quote from the beginning of Tafsir, which starts from verse 191 and then the relevant part:

Allah admonishes the idolaters who worshiped idols, rivals and images besides Him, although these objects were created by Allah, and neither own anything nor can they bring harm or benefit. These objects do not see or give aid to those who worship them. They are inanimate objects that neither move, hear, or see. Those who worship these objects are better than they are, for they hear see and have strength of their own. Allah said: “Do they attribute as partners to Allah those who created nothing but they themselves are created.” meaning, `Do you associate with Allah others that neither create, nor have power to create anything'”

It seems that Ibn Kathir (rahimullah alayhi ta)'ala in his Tafsir had this part of verse: “...Call upon them, and let them listen to your prayer, ...” [ref: 7:194] in mind when he wrote the below:

“The Ayah:“And if you call them to guidance, they hear not and you will see them looking at you, yet they see not:” is similar to another Ayah:“If you invoke (or call upon) them, they hear not your call.” [35:14] Allah said next: ”... and you will see them looking at you, yet they see not.meaning they have eyes that stare as if they see, although they are solid. Therefore, the Ayah treated them as if they had a mind saying, Tarahum, instead of Taraha ﴾since they are made in the shape of humans with eyes drawn on them.)”

Tafsir Ibn Abbas (radiallah ta'ala anh) explicitly mentions the idols:

Tafsir Ibn Abbas: “Lo! those on whom ye call ...”(i.e. worship)“... beside Allah ...” (i.e. of idols)“... are slaves like unto you ...” (i.e. are created like you.)“Call on them ...” (i.e. the idols)“... now, and let them answer you ...”(i.e. let them hear your call and answer) “... if ye are truthful!” (i.e. that they can benefit you.)“

Finally coming to Tafsir of Imam Jalal Ud Din Suyuti (rahimullah alayhi ta'ala), he interprets the verse 194: “ … call them then and let them answer you, your call, if you are truthful, in [claiming] that they are gods: ...” from this it becomes clear that the verse is about a people who took servant of Allah (subhana wa ta'ala) as gods, but for a clearer understanding read verse 194 in the context of 193:

Tafsir Al Jalalayn – Verse 193: And if you call them, that is, the idols, to guidance, they will not follow you (read yatba‘ūkum or yattabi‘ūkum). It will be the same [response] for you, whether you call them, to it, or whether you are silent, [refraining] from calling them, they will not follow it, because they cannot hear. (194) Truly those on whom you call, [whom] you worship, besides God are servants, owned, like you; call them then and let them answer you, your call, if you are truthful, in [claiming] that they are gods: God then illustrates their utter incapacity and the superiority which their worshipers possess over them, saying: ...”

Part Seven:

The overall conclusion in the light of Quran, Hadith, and commentaries is that the ayaat in dicussion was revealed for the Idols of Mushrikeen. And the servents reffered in the ayaat are those pious worshippers of Allah (subhana wa ta'ala) who have been elivated to the status of gods after their passing away. These servents (i.e. pious worshippers belonging to Nuh alayhis salam ummah, Isa alayhis salam, Maryam alayhis salam, etc ...) on the day of judgement will deny claiming to be gods besides Allah (subhana wa ta'ala)[9].

Wahhabi Evidence - Five:

Surah Al A'raf (7) Verse 197: "But those ye call upon (i.e. tad'una) besides Him, are unable to help you, and indeed to help themselves."

Part One:

Allah (subhana wa ta'ala) saying: “... besides Him are unable to help you and indeed to help themselves.” is in meaning of that the idols of mushrikeen are unable to grant anything to anyone or protect themselves. A demonstration of this is in story of Ibrahim (alayhis salam) when his uncle[10] Azhar leaves him with idols:

Surah Al Anbiyah (21) Verse 57:"And by Allah, I have a plan for your idols - after ye go away and turn your backs". (58) So he broke them to pieces, (all) but the biggest of them, that they might turn (and address themselves) to it. (59) They said, "Who has done this to our gods? He must indeed be some man of impiety!" (60) They said, "We heard a youth talk of them: He is called Abraham." (61) They said, "Then bring him before the eyes of the people, that they may bear witness." (62) They said, "Art thou the one that did this with our gods, O Abraham?" (63) He said: "Nay, this was done by - this is their biggest one! ask them, if they can speak intelligently!" (64) So they turned to themselves and said, "Surely ye are the ones in the wrong!" (65) Then were they confounded with shame: (they said), "Thou knowest full well that these (idols) do not speak!" (66) (Abraham) said, "Do ye then worship, besides Allah, things that can neither be of any good to you nor do you harm? (67) "Fie upon you, and upon the things that ye worship besides Allah. Have ye no sense?"

Not only the idols of Mushrikeen are unable to help themselves by defending them selves against Ibrahim (alayhis salam) but they are unable to help the Mushrikeen in their difficulties. Ibrahim (alayhis salam) also makes it clear that: “... besides Allah things that can neither be of any good to you nor do you harm?” and if they were able to do good as well as harm to anyone; they would have done good to them selves first by defending themselves and harmed Ibrahim (alayhis salam) for breaking the idol of gods into smithrens. And this is supported by; idol-gods of Mushrikeen have no control over harm or good for themselves:

Surah Al Furqan (25) verse 3:“Yet have they taken mindu’nillah godsthat can create nothing but are themselves created; that have no control of hurt or good to themselves; nor can they control death nor life nor resurrection.“

Part Two:

Tafsir al Jalalayn should be read from 195 to 198 to properly understand the context in which Imam Jalal ud Din Suyuti rahimullah alayhi ta'ala explained the verse but I will only present two Tafsir of two verses:

Tafsir Al Jalalayn 197: “And as for those on whom you call besides God, they have no power to help you, nor can they help themselves’, so why should I be concerned with them? (198) And if you call upon them, that is, the idols, to guidance, they do not hear; and you see them, that is, the idols, O Muhammad (s), staring at you, looking toward you, as a person looks, but they do not perceive.”

In Tafsir Tanwir al Miqbas Ibn Abbas (radi'allah ta'ala anh) has interpreted the verse as fallows:

Tafsir Ibn Abbas: “(They on whom ye call) worship (beside Him) of idols (have no power to help you) to benefit or harm you, (nor can they help themselves) nor prevent what is wanted with them.”

From Quran as well as commentaries of mufassireen it has become clear that this verse was revealed about the Mushrikeen of Makkah who worshipped the idol-gods.

Wahhabi Evidence – Six:

Surah Al Isra (17) Verse 56: “Say: "Call on those - besides Him - whom ye fancy: they have neither the power to remove your troubles from you nor to change them."

Part One:

Allah (subhana wa ta'ala) states: "Call on those - besides Him - whom ye fancy: they have neither the power to remove your troubles from you nor to change them." in another place Allah (subhana wa ta'ala) questions the Mushrikeen: “... "Will ye worship, besides Allah, something which hath no power either to harm or benefit you?”[11] and Allah (subhana wa ta'ala) declares: "… those ye call upon besides Him, are unable to help you, and indeed to help themselves"[12] And further in another verse of Qur’an Allah (subhana wa ta'ala) states that Mushrikeen had taken against Allah gods: “Yet have they taken besides Allah gods that can create nothing but are themselves created; that have no control of hurt or good to themselves; nor can they control death nor life nor resurrection.”[13] In another verse Allah (subhana wa ta'ala) also states that Mushrikeen had taken idols against Allah:"You have taken besides of Allah as idols, out of mutual love and regard between yourselves in this life; but on the Day of Judgment ye shall disown each other and curse each other.”[14] This means that Mushrikeen had taken beside of Allah (subhana wa ta'ala) idols as gods and these idol-gods do not have ability to harm, benefit or change the fortune of anyone, they are themselves created by men and do not control life or death.

Part Two:

Surah Al An'am (6) Verse 100: "Yet they make the jinn equals with Allah, though Allah did create the Jinn; and they falsely, having no knowledge, attribute to Him sons and daughters. Praise and glory be to Him! (for He is) above what they attribute to Him!"

Jinn are shayateen (i.e. Satans)[15] and these shayateen have been assigned to every one.[16] The Mushrikeen of Makkah in obedience to the shayateen attributed to Allah (subhana wa ta'ala) idols as gods, and daughters to Allah (subhana wa ta'ala). A group of Jews in obedience to Shayateen attributed to Allah (subhana wa ta'ala) Uzair as son, and Christians attributed to Allah (subhana wa ta'ala) Isa (alayhis salam) as son. And this obedience in fundamental aspect of aqeedah of Tawheed & Shirk is termed as worship because obedience is form of respect and any respect given to a being who is given a attribute of Allah[17] (subhana wa ta'ala) and obeyed in a matter which he opposes Allah (subhana wa ta'ala) is worship of that being. In the context of this discussion the Shayateen have incited in past and will incite in future for people to worship idols[18] and those who obeyed them in past, and those who will obey them in future have taken the shayateen as partners to Allah (subhana wa ta'ala).

Their obedience is worship of shayateen the Jinn and Allah (subhana wa ta'ala) will question on the day of judgment:

Surah Ya Seen (36) Verse 60 "Did I not enjoin on you, O ye Children of Adam, that ye should not worship Satan; for that he was to you an enemy avowed?”

Surah Saba (34) Verse 41: They will say, "Glory to Thee! our (tie) is with Thee - as Protector - not with them. Nay, but they worshiped the Jinns: most of them believed in them."

In context of above discussion the verse: "Call on those - besides Him - whom ye fancy: they have neither the power to remove your troubles from you nor to change them." means; Mushrikeen call upon in worship besides Him anyone of the gods you have attribute. Mushrikeen of Makkah call upon the idols of pious peoples of Nuh (alayhis salam) or the pious people whom you have taken as gods or call upon the Jinns whom you worship. Jews call upon Uzair whom you have taken as son of God, Christians call upon Isa (alayhis salam) whom you have taken as son of God because your call to them will be not answered because do not posses ability to help[19] you in time of your distress or ward off evil by inflicting another or by changing what was destined for you by Allah (subhana wa ta'ala).

Part Three:

Surah Al Isra (17) Verse 55: “And your Lord is most knowing of whoever is in the heavens and the earth. And We have made some of the prophets exceed others [in various ways], and to David We gave the book [of Psalms]. (56) Say: "Call on those - besides Him - whom ye fancy: they have neither the power to remove your troubles from you nor to change them. (57) Those whom they invoke seek means of access to their Lord, [striving as to] which of them would be nearest, and they hope for His mercy and fear His punishment. Indeed, the punishment of your Lord is ever feared.

The meaning of ayaat: “Those whom they invoke seek means of access to their Lord, [striving as to] which of them would be nearest, ...” is that the pious worshipers belonging to Ummah of Honorable Prophet Nuh (alayhis salam)[20] and Honorable Prophet Isa (alayhis salam), his righteous mother Honorable Maryam (alayhis salam) the Jinn who became Muslims[21], and Uzair[22], that all of these compete with one and other and seek Wasilah (i.e. means) to approach onto Allah (subhana wa ta'ala) because they are Muslims believers in oneness of Allah (subhana wa ta'ala) whom they worship as their God without associating a partner with Him. Therefore: "Call on those - besides Him - whom ye fancy: they have neither the power to remove your troubles from you nor to change them." because the aid, the removal of affliction, the granting of mercy is in control of Allah (subhana wa ta'ala) and in His Godhood there are no partners, and as god none can help not even these pious worshipers of Allah (subhana wa ta'ala).

Part Four:

Tafsir Ibn Kathir: “Say ...”O Muhammad to these idolaters who worship things other than Allah. “Call upon those - besides Him whom you pretend.” such as idols and rivals of Allah. Even if you turn to them: “They have neither the power to remove the adversity from you” they have no such power at all, “nor even to shift (it from you to another person.)).” to lift the distress from you and give it to someone else. The meaning is that the only one Who is able to do that is Allah Alone, with no partner or associate, Who is the One Who creates and issues commands.”

Tafsir Al Jalalayn: “Say, to them: ‘Call on those whom you assumed, to be gods, besides Him, such as the angels, Jesus and Ezra (‘Uzayr); yet they have no power to rid you of misfortune nor to transfer, it to [persons] other than you.”

Tafsir Ibn Abbas: “(Say) O Muhammad, to Khuza'ah who worshiped the jinn, thinking they were angels: (Cry unto those (saints and angels) whom ye assume (to be gods)) you worship (beside Him) apart from Allah in times of hardship, (yet they have no power to rid you of misfortune) they cannot remove hardship from you (nor to change) nor transfer this hardship to someone else.”

The commentaries make it clear that the ones referred in the verse: “... "Call on those - besides Him - whom ye fancy: they have neither the power to remove your troubles from you nor to change them." are not just ordinary people, but they are those people who had been taken as gods by Mushrikeen of Arabia.

Wahhabi Evidence – Seven:

Surah Al Ahqaf (46) Verse 5: “And who is more astray than one who invokes besides Allah, such as will not answer him to the Day of Judgment, and who (in fact) are unaware of their call (to them)?”[23]

Part One:

Those whom the Mushrikeen called upon can not answer a dua because they do not posses the abilities, organs, with which they can hear, see, help the Mushrikeen nor they posses the power to do as they please. Allah (subhana wa ta'ala) questions the Mushrikeen: “Have they feet to walk with? Or hands to lay hold with? Or eyes to see with? Or ears to hear with? Say: "Call your 'god-partners', scheme (your worst) against me, and give me no respite!” [Ref: Surah 7:195] Allah (subhana wa ta'ala) partly answers the questions Himself in in verse: “If thou callest them for guidance, they hear not. Thou wilt see them looking at thee, but they see not.” [Ref: Surah 7:198] This means that they have eyes but do not see with them eyes, and due to this we can infer that (some of) idol-gods have feet but are unable to walk with, have hands but are unable to hold with, have ears but are unable to hear with them. And due to this: “If ye invoke them, they will not listen to your call, and if they were to listen, they cannot answer your (prayer). On the Day of Judgment they will reject your "Partnership" ...” [Ref: Surah 35:14] In another part of Qur’an Allah (subhana wa ta'ala) why the Idols are unable to hear: “... mindu’nillah gods that can create nothing but are themselves created; that have no control of hurt or good to themselves; nor can they control death nor life nor resurrection.“ [Ref: Surah 25:3] and the idol-gods which the Mushrikeen in worship call upon in time of their distress: “(They the idols are) dead, lifeless, and they know not when they (the people) will be raised up." [Ref: Surah 16:21]

Part Two:

Tafsir Al Jalalayn: “And who is (man here is interrogative but meant [rhetorically] as a negation: in other words, ‘no one is’) further astray than him who invokes, [him who] worships, besides God, that is to say, other than Him, such as would not respond to him [even] until the Day of Resurrection — these are the idols, who never answer those who worship them in anything that they ask for — and who are heedless of their supplication, their worship, because they are inanimate that possess no [faculty of] comprehension.

Tafsir Ibn Abbas: “And who is further astray ...” from the Truth and guidance “... than those who instead of Allah, ...” (i.e. the disbeliever)“... call[24] unto ...” worship “... such as hear not their prayer ...” such as respond not to his supplication “... until the Day of Resurrection and ...”, (i.e. the idols) “... are unconscious of their prayer ...” and are unaware of the prayers of those who worship them.[25]

Tafsir Ibn Kathir: “And who is more astray than those who invokes besides Allah others who will not answer them until the Day of Resurrection, and who are unaware of their invocations to them.” Meaning, no one is more misguided than those who invoke idols instead of Allah, asking them for things that they cannot give -- until the Day of Judgment. They (the idols) are unaware of what he asks, they can neither hear, see, or act. This is because they are inanimate, senseless stones.”

Commentators of Quran has affirmed that the ones who are reffered in these verses of Quran are Idol-gods of Mushrikeen of Makkah, and Idol-gods in general.

Footnotes:

- [1] A Arab Wahhabi issued this edict against me in a meeting. For a similar edict refer to Arabic original: 'Al Hadaya'tus Saniy'yat' [by: Sulaiman bin Sahman Najdi] Urdu translation: 'Tohfa e Wahhabiyah', [by: Ismail Ghaznavi] and from which I translate: “… meaning their this action is Shirk [al Akbar] in every scenario and its permissible to spill the blood of such people … and robbing them of their property is mubah (i.e. permissible)

- [2] Original: (in, is [to be understand as] mā, ‘only’), altered to: ('in' is to be understand as 'mā' [i.e. ‘only’])[2*] Removed: (in, is [to be understand as] mā, ‘only’), inserted three dots instead.

- [3] A oath taken on idol-god instead of Allah (subhana wa ta'ala) is worship of that idol-god, therefore a oath taken on Idol-god intentionally will warrant Shirk Al Akbar for which a person must re-affirm his belief in Islam with: 'La ila'ha il'Allah, Muhammedur RasoolAllah.' {i.e. There is no god worthy of worship accept Allah, Muhammed is a Rasool from Allah.) In mistake as it is in the context of hadith it will NOT nullify ones Islam but affirmation of Tawheed with words: 'La ila'ha il'Allah.' is to be understood in light of: “If a suggestion from Satan assail thy (mind), seek refuge with Allah ...” [ref: 7:200] Another important point; oaths taken on any other object, being, without polytheistic aqeedah are Haram (i.e. forbidden).

- [4] Even though 6:40-41 are about Mushrikeen of Makkah, and other ayaat are about Jews and the Christians; the inferred point is valid because Shirk of all these groups was same. Note 6:41 uses word “tu'Shrikoon” and verse 9:31 uses “yu'Shrikoon” hence the meaning of words and implications of the words in the context of belief of Jews,Christians and Mushrikeen of Makkah are same therefore inference is valid.

- [5] According to Bible Jesus said to one of his disciples 'Ye of little faith.' and in humor sometimes I address my Wahhabi associates as: 'Ye of little sense.'

- [6] Allah (subhana wa ta'ala) directly instructs Honorable Messenger (sallalahu alayhi was'sallam) to say for education of the Muslims as well as Mushrikeen:"I am forbidden to worship those - others than Allah - whom ye call upon (i.e. tad'una) ...” It means: 'I am [has a human being] forbidden to worshiped those others than Allah – whom you call upon.[because Allah created mankind for His worship]. I will not follow your wain desires: [of Shaytan because inspiration has come to me that your God is the One God (i.e. Allah)] and I have been commanded to bow to the Lord of the Worlds[and in the worship of his Lord, admit no one as partner.]” If the instruction of Allah (subhana wa ta'ala) is understood to be directly for Honorable Prophet (sallalahu alayhi was'sallam) then it instructs to negate in dua (i.e. supplication) the worship of Idol-gods, instead affirm the Tawheed of Allah (subhana wa ta'ala). There are many duas of Honorable Prophet (sallalahu alayhi was'sallam) in which he did this: "la ilaha illal-lahu al-'Azim, al-Halim, la ilaha illal-lahu Rabbu-s-samawati wal-ard wa Rabbu-l-arsh il-azim," [Ref: Bukhari, B75, H357]

- [7] Allah (subhana wa ta'ala) says to mushrikeen that in reality the Idols you created and named after the pious worshipers of Allah (subhana wa ta'ala) are servants, subjects of Allah's kingdom: “Verily those whom ye call upon (i.e. tad'una) besides Allah are servants like unto you: Call upon them, ...” therefore they are like you in the inability to grant anything to anyone, which is supported by: “... and if they were to hear they could not grant it ...” [ref: 35:14]. Another interpretation is that the Mushrikeen are unable to hear the call of Tawheed, Islam, just as the Idols can not hear their prayers: “If you invoke them they will not hear your call; ...” [ref: 35:14] because Mushrikeen are like them (i.e. idols). This interpretation is supported by: “Deaf, dumb, and blind, they will not return (to the path).”[ref: 2:18]

- [8] The question of: "O Jesus the son of Mary! Didst thou say unto men, take me and my mother as gods in derogation of Allah.?" reveals that gathered servants of Allah (subhana wa ta'ala) [i.e. pious people of Nuh alayhis salam, angle-daughters, Uzair, Isa alayhis salam] are being questioned about if they claimed to be gods besides Allah (subhana wa ta'ala).

- [9] Allah (subhana wa ta'ala) states: “And he said: "You have taken instead of Allah (i.e. mindu'nillah) as idols, out of mutual love and regard between yourselves in this life;but on the Day of Judgment ye shall disown each other and curse each other: and your abode will be the Fire, and ye shall have none to help." [ref:Surah Ankabut (29) verse 25]

- [10] Qur’an uses the word abeehi (i.e. father) for Azar who was uncle of Ibrahim (alayhis salam). There are weak ahadith which have reached to the level of talluqi bil qabool which explain that Azar was uncle of Ibrahim (alayhis salam). Its common in Arab culture and in culture of subcontinent that youngsters address their elders with appellations such as father, mother ignoring the factual titles for the elders. Such use of titles is sign of deep love, and respect which youngsters have for their elders.

- [11] Surah Al Maidah (5) Verse 76

- [12] Surah Al A'raf (7) Verse 197

- [13]Surah Al Furqan (25) verse 3

- [14]Surah Ankabut (29) verse 25

- [15] Iblees (i.e. Satan) is reffered as Jinn in this verse of Quran: “Behold! We said to the angels, "Bow down to Adam": They bowed down except Iblis. He was one of the Jinns, and he broke the Command of his Lord. Will ye then take him and his progeny as protectors rather than Me? And they ...” [ref: 18:5]

- [16] Sahih Muslim, Book 39, Hadith 6757: “Abdullah b. Mas'ud reported that Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) said: There is none amongst you with whom is not an attache from amongst the Jinn (devil). They (the Companions) said: Allah's Messenger, with you too? Thereupon he said: Yes, but Allah helps me against him and so I am safe from his hand and he does not command me but for good.”

- [17] Attribute of Allah (subhana wa ta'ala) given to shaytaan is mentioned here: "If not Him, ye worship nothing but names which ye have named,- ye and your fathers,- for which Allah hath sent down no authority: the command is for none but Allah. He hath commanded that ye worship none but Him: that is the right religion, but most men understand not ...”[Surah Yusuf (12) Verse 40] The command here means the authority to legislate religion, and in the context of verse it means right to declare who should be worshiped, and who should be taken as Ilah (i.e. god), this is Allah's (subhana wa ta'ala) right alone. Allah (subhana wa ta'ala): excercising his right had commanded: “He hath commanded that ye worship none but Him: that is the right religion, ...”And if right of legislating religion, and declaring who is God, and worship is given to another (i.e. shaytaan), or accept what Shaytaan has legislated as part of deen then you have taken shaytaan as Ilah (i.e. god) beside Allah (subhana wa ta'ala).

- [18] Prophet of Allah (sallalahu alayhi was'sallam) foretold that near the end of time Allah (subhana wa ta'ala) will send a musky wind which will take the life of anyone who have iota, or mustard seed size faith in their heart the people left behind will revert to idolatry when shaytan will incite them to it: “... I heard Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying: Only the wicked people would survive and they would be as careless as birds with the charactertistics of beasts. They would never appreciate the good nor condemn evil. Then the satan would come to them in human form and would say: Don't you respond? And they would say: What do you order us? And he would command them to worship the idols but, in spite of this, they would have abundance of sustenance and lead comfortable lives. Then the trumpet ...” [ref: Muslim B 41, H 7023]

- [19] Here the inability to help mentioned is bidh'dhaat, meaning they are unable to help by their ownselves but with permission of Allah (subhana wa ta'ala) they can help. Also the verse means that they as gods do not posses any ability to help, remove distress. As a creation of Allah (subhana wa ta'ala) and as Muslims the Jinn and Isa (alayhis salam) can help bi'iznillah, they can beseech Allah (subhana wa ta'ala) to ward off evil from believers.

- [20] Idols of these pious worshippers of Allah (subhana wa ta'ala) were made and later taken to be gods beside Allah (subhana wa ta'ala).

- [21] Surah Al Jinn (72) Verse 1: “Say, [O Muhammad], "It has been revealed to me that a group of the jinn listened and said, 'Indeed, we have heard an amazing Qur'an.(2) It guides to the right course, and we have believed in it. And we will never associate with our Lord anyone.”

- [22] According to the Tafsir of verse 56 and in context of the verse 57 Uzair was a pious man who had been elivated to level of being son of Allah (subhana wa ta'ala). Allah (subhana wa ta'ala) knows better!

- [23] Wahhabi's may argue: 'The dead can not hear therefore the verse also refers to the deceased, and those who make Tawassul of the Awliyah.' To put it bluntly, the Awliyah are Idols dead, lifeless, unable to hear, or see, or grant anything to anyone, and Muslims who make Tawassul of Awliyah are Mushirkeen. To apply verses of Qur’an which were revealed about Idols as well as Mushrikeen on Awliyah who have passed away and Muslims is rebellion against teaching of Islam. Prophet (sallalahu alayhi was'sallam) knew that Khawarij would do this so he quoted what Allah (subhana wa ta'ala) said: “… and My slave keeps on coming closer to Me ... till I love him, … so I (i.e. Allah) become his sense of hearing with which he hears, and his sense of sight with which he sees, and his hand with which he grips, and his leg with which he walks; and if he asks Me, I will give him, and if he asks My protection (Refuge), I will protect him; ...” [Ref: Bukhari, B76, H509] and because there is no death for Allah (subhana wa ta'ala) there is no death for Wali's sight, hearing, walking, gripping, there is no ceasing of his beseeching Allah (subhana wa ta'ala). Note Allah (subhana wa ta'ala) literally does not become part of his creation (i.e. eyes, ears, hands, feet) its metaphoric expression of supernatural (i.e. Karamati) abilities which Allah (subhana wa ta'ala) grants a Wali. Another reason for Allah (subhana wa ta'ala) stating that He becomes, eyes, ears, hands, feet, is to convey that as His attributes are not effected by time so do the supernatural attributes of Wali's do not cease after their death. Khidr (alayhis salam) a Wali of Allah who lived in the time of Musa (alayhis salam) will expose Dajjal's reality. When Dajjal kills him and then restores his life he will turn around and say: “... By Allah, I had no better proof of the fact (that you are a dajjal) than at the present time (that you are actually so). The dajjal would then make an attempt to kill him (again) but he would not be able to do that. Abu Ishaq reported that it was Said: That person would be Khadir (Allah be pleased with him).” [Ref: Muslim, B41, H7017] I have personally observed as well as of countless other Muslims observed that bodies of pious believers do not decay, a true Wali's body remains as it was in life. Even though Khidr (alayhis salam) has passed away centuries ago he has eyes with which he sees, ears with which he hears, and hands with which he holds, and feet with which he walks. Another example is of Musa (alayhis salam) performing Salah in his grave, in fact all the Ambiyah (alayhis salam) had passed away, but in their graves they are alive, they possess seeing eyes, hearing ears, holding hands, walking feet, and nothing is restricted for them. In fact fulfillment of the promise which Allah's (subhana wa ta'ala) had secured from Ambiyah on Misaqun nabiyeen was when he Prophet lead the Ambiyah (alayhis salam) in prayers, all the Ambiyah (alayhis salam) gathered in Masjid Al Aqsa in support of Messenger (sallalahu alayhi was'sallam) to aid him. Conclusion is that once a human has earned nearness to Allah (subhana wa ta'ala) Nabi or Wali regardless after his death his barzakhi life is real has life of this world, with body and all the purified attributes. They hear, see, hold, walk and beseech Allah (subhana wa ta'ala) in worship, and their karamati abilities which Allah (subhana wa ta'ala) granted them in their life do not cease even after their death. And if they wish they can aid in time of difficulty, or like Khidr (alayhis salam) expose the reality of enemy of Islam (i.e. Dajjal).

- [24] In the original translation the phrase: “... pray unto ...” was used, and the word 'pray' is associated with worship in English language. Therefore the translation of yad'u to pray would eliminate the valid basis for Tafsir of yad'u. Only reason it would require Tafsir is if yad'u was translated literally: “... call unto ...” and the word worship was interpretation of yad'u (i.e. call unto, call upon).

- [25] As it was translated it was hard to comprehend what was being said without detective work. Edited so the Tafsir is bit more clear.

• 7 years later...

Tawassul Bil Amwat:  Explaining Wahabi Quranic Evidence Against It. [Part Two]

Wahhabi Evidence – Eight:

Surah Yunus (10) Verse 18: “They worship besides Allah, things that hurt them not nor profit them, and they say: "These are our intercessors with Allah." Say: …"

Part One:

The worship in essences is invoking of, calling upon a X with with belief that X is god as well as deserving of worship. Therefore the meaning of: “They worship besides Allah, things that hurt them not nor profit them, ...” is that the Mushrikeen: “... call on besides Allah which can neither hurt nor profit them: ...” [Ref: Surah 22:12] These who can not hurt nor profit anyone else were taken besides Allah (subhana wa ta'ala) as gods: “... gods that can create nothing but are themselves created; that have no control of hurt or good to themselves[26]; nor can they control death nor life nor resurrection.” [Ref: Surah 25:3] The created gods are idols because Bani Israel asked Musa (alayhis salam) to fashion, design, create for them  idol as god beside Allah: “... They came upon a people devoted entirely to some idols they had. They said: "O Moses! fashion for us a god like unto the gods they have." He said: "Surely ye are a people without knowledge.” [Ref: Surah 7:138] And when they take idols besids Allah (subhana wa ta'ala) as gods the Mushrikeen say: "These are our intercessors with Allah."

Part Two:

The Mushrikeen said:
"We worship idols, and we remain constantly in attendance on them." [Ref: Surah 26:71] and Allah (subhana wa ta'ala) informs the believers and mushrikeen alike: “They worship besides Allah, things that hurt them not nor profit them, and they say: "These are our intercessors with Allah." the reason they take idol-gods as intercessors with Allah (subhana wa ta'ala) is explained by saying of Mushrikeen recorded:We do not worship them except that they might bring us near to Allah.” [Ref: Surah 39:3] Ignoring their justifications Allah (subhana wa ta'ala) tells them: “Verily ye (i.e. unbelievers), and the (false) gods that ye worship besides Allah, are fuel for Hell! to it will ye (surely) come!” [Ref: Surah 21:98] Allah (subhana wa ta'ala) hints at the fuel of hellfire: “... then fear the Fire whose fuel is men and stones,- which is prepared for those who reject Faith.” [Ref: Surah 2:24] the fuel is men, and stones (i.e. idols).

Part Three:

The Mushrikeen declared about their idol-gods:
"These are our intercessors with Allah." and Allah (subhana wa ta'ala) questions them: “What! Do they take for intercessors others besides Allah? Say: "Even if they have no power whatever and no intelligence?[27]" [Ref: Surah 39:43] Allah (subhana wa ta'ala) states explicitly: “No intercessor will they have among their "Partners"[28] and they will (themselves) reject their "Partners". [Ref: Surah 30:13] on the day of judgement then the Mushrikeen will say after realising that there are no idol-gods who can interced for: "The apostles of our Lord did indeed bring true (tidings). Have we no intercessors now to intercede on our behalf? Or could we be sent back? Then should we behave differently from our behaviour in the past." Allah (subhana wa ta'ala) says that it will be too late: “In fact they will have lost their souls, and the things they invented will leave them in the lurch.” [Ref: Surah 7:53]

Part Four:

Tafsir Ibn Kathir:
Allah reproaches the idolators that worshipped others beside Allah, thinking that those gods would intercede for them before Allah. Allah states that these gods do not harm or benefit. They don't have any authority over anything, nor do they own anything. These gods can never do what the idolators had claimed about them. That is why Allah said: “Say: `Do you inform Allah of that which He knows not in the heavens and on the earth'” Ibn Jarir said: "This means, `Are you telling Allah about what may not happen in the heavens and earth' Allah then announced that His Glorious Self is far above their Shirk and Kufr by saying: “Glorified and Exalted is He above all that which they associate as partners (with Him)!”[29]

Tafsir Al Jalalayn: And they worship, besides God, that is, other than Him, that which can neither hurt them, should they not worship it, nor profit them, if they do worship it — and these are the idols; and they say, of them: ‘These are our intercessors with God’. Say, to them: ‘Would you tell, would you inform, God of what He does not know in the heavens or in the earth?’ (the interrogative is meant as a disavowal), for if He had a partner, He [Himself] would know it, since nothing can be hidden from Him. Glory be to Him!, in [affirmation of] His transcendence, and High be He exalted above what they associate! with Him.

Tafsir Ibn Abbas: “They worship ...” i.e. the disbelievers of Mecca “... beside Allah that which neither hurteth them ...” in this life or in the Hereafter, if they did not worship it, “... nor profiteth them ...” in this life or in the Hereafter if they worshipped it, “... and they say: These ...” i.e. these idols “... are our intercessors ...” which will intercede for us “... with Allah. Say ...” to them, O Muhammad: “Would ye inform Allah of (something) that He knoweth not in the heavens or in the earth.” i.e. He knows there does not exist a god who hurts and benefits except Him? “Praised be He ...” He exalted Himself far above having a son or partner “... and high exalted above ...” and absolves Himself from “... all that ye associate (with Him) ...” of idols!

The verses of Quran as well as the commentaries make it absolutely clear that this verse refers to the worsthip of idols of Mushrikeen by Mushrikeen.

Wama alayna ilal balaghul mubeen.
Muhammed Ali Razavi

Footnotes:

-
[26] Allah (subhana wa ta'ala) states that Idols do not have ability to do good or harm themselves: “... gods that can create nothing but are themselves created; that have no control of hurt or good to themselves ...” [Ref: Surah 25:3] is indirectly from rehetorical point of view saying: "Besides Allah can they help you or help themselves?” [Ref: Surah 23:93]. Thoughtful answer to this is no they can not help themselves or anyone else. This answer leads to; if one can not do harm or good for his own self then how do you expect them to benefit you or punish you! And in the context of story (i.e. breaking of idols) of Ibrahim (alayhis salam) the verse means that the idols can not benefit  (i.e. by protecting) themselves, nor can they harm anyone this is why Allah (subhana wa ta'ala) asks: "Who is it that can screen you from Allah if it be His wish to give you punishment or to give you Mercy?" [Ref: Surah 33:17] the answer is none because the idols are unable to defend themselves therefore to expect them to protect you is senseless. Hence there is no justified reason for them being taken as Awliyah (i.e. protectors) instead of Allah (subhana wa ta'ala). Allah (subhana wa ta'ala) states: “… But those who take for protectors other than Allah (say): "We only worship them in order that they may bring us nearer to Allah." [Ref: Surah 39:3] Allah (subhana wa ta'ala) informs: “… and ye have no protectors other than Allah, nor shall ye be helped.” [Ref:  Surah 11:113] in another verse Allah (subhana wa ta'ala) states: “What! Have they taken besides Him protectors (for worship)? But it is Allah; He is the Protector, and it is He Who gives life to the dead: It is He Who has power over all things.” [Ref: Surah 42:9]

-
[27a] The idols have no power, no authority because they are: “... gods that can create nothing but are themselves created; that have no control of hurt or good to themselves; nor can they control death nor life nor resurrection.” [Ref: Surah 25:3] : and neither can these gods can hurt or do good for them. These gods: “...cannot create (even) a fly, if they all met together for the purpose! and if the fly should snatch away anything from them, they would have no power to release it from the fly.” [Ref: Surah 22:73] and these idol-gods “... have no power of providing them sustenance with anything in heavens or earth, and cannot possibly have such authority.” [Ref: Surah 16:73] “... then seek ye sustenance from Allah, serve Him, and be grateful to Him: to Him will be your return.” [Ref: Surah 29:17] and they have no intelligence because Allah (subhana wa ta'ala) has described the idol-gods as: (They the idols are) dead, lifeless, and they know not when they (the people) will be raised up." [Ref: Surah 16:21] Allah (subhana wa ta'ala) says about the dead and the deaf: “Truly thou canst not cause the dead to listen, nor canst thou cause the deaf to hear the call, ...” [Ref: Surah 27:80] therefore the Idols are worse then the dead and the deaf, they neither hear, see, or have any form of intelligence. [27b] Another interpretation of: “What! Do they take for intercessors others besides Allah?  Say: "Even if they have no power whatever and no intelligence?” Refers to Mushrikeen of Makkah who took the idols as gods besides Allah (subhana wa ta'ala) because they do not have the power, authority, right, power of decision to attribute to Allah (subhana wa ta'ala) a partner: “Say: the things that my Lord hath indeed forbidden are: ... assigning of partners to Allah, for which He hath given no authority (to the Mushrikeen); and saying things about Allah of which ye have no knowledge.” [Ref: Surah 7:33] without authority from Allah (subhana wa ta'ala) they do not have power of attributing to Allah (subhana wa ta'ala) a partner, and without knowledge they are ignorant, without intelligence because prerequisite for intelligence is knowledge. Allah (subhana wa ta'ala) informs them: “Soon shall We cast terror into the hearts of the Unbelievers, for that they joined companions with Allah, for which He had sent no authority: their abode will be the Fire: And evil is the home of the wrong-doers!” [Ref: Surah 3:151] and because of their lack of intelligence the Mushrikeen will say to each other: "Had we but understood, we should not (now) be among the Companions of the Blazing Fire!" [Ref: Surah 67:10]

-
[28] The part of verse:  No intercessor will they have among their "Partners" and ...” means that as a god, as a worthy of worship beside Allah (subhana wa ta'ala), as a god-partner with Allah (subhana wa ta'ala) there will be no intercessors, but does not negate intercessors in absolute terms. Allah (subhana wa ta'ala) states about intercessors: “None shall have the power of intercession but such a one as has received permission from ar'Rahman (i.e. Most Gracious). [Ref: Surah 19:87] in another verse Allah (subhana wa ta'ala) states: “And those whom they invoke besides Allah have no power of intercession; only he who bears witness to the Truth (i.e. of Islam, Quran,) and they know (him).“ [Ref: Surah 43:86] And the one who bares witness to the truth, and one who is known to the Mushrikeen is our beloved Prophet (sallalahu alayhi was'sallam). Prophet (sallalahu alayhi was'sallam) informed that Allah (subhana wa ta'ala) will say to Prophet (sallalahu alayhi was'sallam😞 “Raise your head. Ask, and your request will be granted; say, and your saying will be listened to; intercede, and your intercession will be accepted.' I will raise my head and praise Allah with a saying (i.e. invocation) He will teach me, and then I will intercede.” [Ref, Bukhari, B60, H3]

-
[29] Online English translation of Tafsir Ibn Kathir does not have the interpretation where it suppose to be. The Urdu as well as Arabic both have the above interpretation under the verse 18 so I assume that the typists wrongly placed the interpetation of the verse 18 under verse 17.

• 10 months later...

Iska Urdu Translation mil sakta hai??

On 6/14/2013 at 8:28 AM, MuhammedAli said:

Introduction:

Tawassul bil amwat is a controversial subject who’s practitioner consider it to be legitimate practice, within the boundaries of Shariah. Whose detractors consider it nothing less then Shirk Al Akbar, grave-worship, saint worship, dead-worship, and then its fallowed with edicts of Takfir; Sufi mushrik filth, you're apostate worst then the Mushrikeen of Makkah, we will behead you in public, confiscate your property, enslave your women and children.[1]

They argue that these verses describe the helplessness of the dead and indicate that you have taken the dead as idol-gods beside Allah (subhana wa ta'ala). And their this saying is falsehood because the dead are not helpless but helpful. Insha'allah ta'ala ul aziz in a seperate article servent will list the arguments which the heretics draw from these verses of Quran and prove this with evidence from Quran & Sunnah that their claims of dead being helpless is falsehood. In this article servant will explain the meanings of the verses in light of Quran and ahadith which the Wahhabi's use or may use as evidence to against the creed of Ahle Sunnat Wal Jammat on Tawassul Bil Amwat.

Wahhabi Evidence - One:

Surah An'Nisa (4) Verse 117: “(The Pagans), leaving Him, call but upon (i.e. yad'una) female goddesses: They call but upon Satan the persistent rebel!"

Part One:

The female goddess referred in the verse have been named:

Surah An'Najm {53} Verse 19: “Have ye seen Lat. and 'Uzza, {20} And another, the third Manat? (21) What! for you the male , and for Him, the female?”

The commentators of Qur’an Surah an'Nisa verse hundred and seventeen have explained what the verse means:

Tafsir Al Jalalayn:“What ('in' is to be understand as 'mā' [i.e. ‘only’])[2] they pray to, [what] the idolaters worship, instead of Him, God, that is, other than Him, are but females, idols with feminine names, such as al-Lāt, al-‘Uzza and Manāt; and they …[2*] only pray to, they [only] worship, by worshiping [these female idols], a rebellious Satan, one who has rebelled against obedience [to God], for they are obeying him in this [worship of female idols]."

Tafsir Ibn Abbas:(They invoke in His stead) the people of Mecca worship in place of Allah (only females) lifeless idols such as al-Lat, al-'Uzza and Manat; (they pray to) they worship (none else than Satan, a rebel) who is intense in his rebellion."

Part Two:

The worship of these three idol-goddesses is also mentioned in ahadith:

Sahih Bukhari, Book 26, Hadith 706: “... 'Aisha said, "O, my nephew! Your interpretation is not true. Had this interpretation of yours been correct, the statement of Allah should have been, 'It is not harmful for him if he does not perform Tawaf between them.' But in fact, this divine inspiration was revealed concerning the Ansar who used to assume lhram for worshiping an idol called Manat which they used to worship at a place called Al-Mushallal before they embraced Islam, and whoever assumed Ihram (for the idol), would consider it not right to perform Tawaf between Safa ...”

Sahih Bukhari, Book 60, Hadith 383: Narrated Abu Huraira: Allah's Apostle said, "Whomever takes an oath in which he mentions Lat and 'Uzza (forgetfully),[3] should say: 'None has the right to be worshiped but Allah.' And whoever says to his companion: 'Come along, let us gamble must give alms (as an expiation)."

Negation of worship of ghairullah in the context of taking oath by mentioning name of Uzza and Lat; then affirmation of worship of Allah (subhana wa ta'ala) is evidence that Lat as well as Uzza were considered gods which were worshiped by Mushrikeen.

Wahhabi Evidence - Two:

Surah Al An'am (6) Verse 40 Say: "Think ye to yourselves, if there come upon you the wrath of Allah, or the Hour (that ye dread), would ye then call upon (i.e. tad'una) other than Allah.- (reply) if ye are truthful?”

Part One:

The answer to this question has been answered in the very next verse:

Surah Al An'am (6) Verse 41:"Nay,- On Him would ye call, and if it be His will, He would remove (the distress) which occasioned your call upon Him, and ye would forget the associates ye join (with Him)."

In another verse Allah (subhana wa ta'ala) reveals the nature of Mushrikeen:

Surah Al Isra (17) Verse 67: When distress seizes you at sea, those that ye call upon - besides Himself - leave you in the lurch but when He brings you back safe to land, ye turn away (from Him). Most ungrateful is man!"

Part Two:

Verse 41: “... and ye would forget the associates ye join (with Him)." indicates that Mushrikeen of Makkah had associates with Allah (subhana wa ta'ala). The meaning Mushrikeen associated partners, associates with Allah (subhana wa ta'ala) is explained in Qur’an:

Surah at'Tawbah (9) Verse 31: “They take their priests and their anchorites to be their lords in derogation of Allah and Christ the son of Mary; yet they were commanded to worship but One Allah. There is no god but He. Praise and glory to Him: (Far is He) from having the partners they associate (with Him).“

The verse makes it clear that Polytheistic Christians took Isa (alayhis salam) as Lord with Allah (subhana wa ta'ala) and the Jews took their Rabbi's as Lords as well as Allah (subhana wa ta'ala). In refutation to their these beliefs Allah (subhana wa ta'ala) states: “There is no god but He. Praise and glory to Him: (Far is He) from having the partners they associate (with Him).” Negation of gods, and affirmation of Allah (subhana wa ta'ala) as God is proof that attributed Lords were considered partners in godhood.

In case of Prophet Isa (alayhis salam) as well as his mother Maryam (alayhis salam) them being taken as gods is affirmed explicitly in Qur’an:

Surah Al Maidah (5) Verse 116: And behold! Allah will say: "O Jesus the son of Mary! Didst thou say unto men, worship me and my mother as gods in derogation of Allah?" He will say: "Glory to Thee! never could I say what I had no right (to say). Had I said such a thing, thou wouldst indeed have known it. Thou ...”

Part Three:

From this we can conclude that associates mentioned in ayaat: “... and ye would forget the associates ye join (with Him)." as well as in “... from having the partners they associate (with Him).“ are in meaning of lords, gods.[4] And in the context of 6:41 the verse: “... would ye then call upon (i.e. tad'una) other than Allah.- (reply) if ye are truthful?” [ref: 6:40] refers to gods of Mushrikeen, the idols. Implication of which are; will you mushrikeen call upon Allah (subhana wa ta'ala) in time if distress or call upon your idol-gods.

Part Four:

Incase 'ye of little sense'[5] scream out: 'TA'WHEEL, BA'TAL TA'WHEEL!' servant will substantiate my conclusion from tafasir of well respected commentators of Qur’an. Hadhrat Ibn Abbas (radiallah ta'ala anh) has interpreted the verse to be referring to idols of Mushrikee:

Tafsir Ibn Abbas: “(Say: Can ye see yourselves) what you are saying, O people of Mecca, (if the punishment of Allah come upon you) such was the case on the Day of Badr, Uhud or the Confederates (or the Hour come upon you) or if torment comes upon you on the Day of Judgment, (calling upon other than Allah? Do ye then call (for help) to any other than Allah) to lift the torment from you? ((Answer that) if ye are truthful) that the idols are His partners.”

Tafsir Al Jalalayn: “Say, O Muhammad (s), to the Meccans: ‘Do you see yourselves, [that is] inform me, if God’s chastisement comes upon you, in this world, or the Hour, the Resurrection, which includes this [chastisement], comes upon you, suddenly, will ye call upon any other than God? No! If you speak truly!’, that the idols can benefit you, then call upon them."

The darling of Wahhabi's Ibn Kathir (rahimullah alayhi ta'ala) has linked idols of Mushrikeen with gods of Mushrikeen:

Tafsir Ibn Kathir: “Say:"Tell me if Allah's torment comes upon you, or the Hour comes upon you, would you then call upon any one other than Allah (Reply) if you are truthful!'' This means, you -- disbelievers -- will not call other than Allah in this case, because you know that none except He is able to remove the affliction. Allah said: “if you are truthful”by taking gods besides Him. “Nay! To Him alone you call, and, if He willed, He would remove that (distress) for which you call upon Him, and you forget at that time whatever partners you joined with Him (in worship).” for in times of necessity, you only call on Allah and forget your idols and false deities. In another Ayah, Allah said; ...”

Wahhabi Evidence - Three:

Allah (subhana wa ta'ala) instructs beloved Messenger (sallalahu alayhi was'sallam) in the Qur’an to say:“Say: "I am forbidden to worship those - others than Allah - whom ye call upon (i.e. tad'una)."in two verses of Qur’an:

Surah Al An'am (6) Verse 56: “Say: "I am forbidden to worship those - others than Allah - whom ye call upon (i.e. tad'una)."[6] Say: "I will not follow your wain desires: If I did, I would stray from the path, and be not of the company of those who receive guidance."

Surah Ghafir (40) Verse 66: “Say: "I have been forbidden to invoke those whom ye invoke besides Allah,- seeing that the Clear Signs have come to me from my Lord; and I have been commanded to bow (in Islam) to the Lord of the Worlds."

Part One:

After being instructed to say that he is forbidden to invoke in worship in another verse of Qur’an Prophet (sallalahu alayhi was'sallam) declares on command of Allah (subhana wa ta'ala😞

Surah Yunus (10) Verse 104: “Say: "O ye men! If ye are in doubt as to my religion, (behold!) I worship not what ye worship other than Allah. But I worship Allah - Who will take your souls (at death): I am commanded to be (in the ranks) of the Believers”

Prophet (sallalahu alayhi was'sallam) states: “I worship not what you worship … I worship Allah; Who will take your souls (at death).” this indicates what his opponents worship are unable to to take souls at death/sleep. And in Qur’an Allah (subhana wa ta'ala) explicitly declares:

Surah an'Nahl (16) Verse 70:“It is Allah who creates you and takes your soul at death; and of you there are some who are sent back to a feeble age, so that they know nothing after having known (much): for Allah is All-Knowing, All-Powerful.”

Now it has been established that Allah (subhana wa ta'ala) takes soul at death/sleep and Prophet worshiped Allah (subhana wa ta'ala). If it is said: 'I do not attend school which you attend but I attend school which has higher ranking.' It will imply that one who is saying this considers his school to be superior and is discrediting the credentials of the other school. In the similar fashion the understanding derived from this verse:“I worship not what ye worship other than Allah. But I worship Allah - Who will take your souls (at death).” is that Allah the God of Prophet Muhammed (sallalahu alayhi was'sallam) takes the soul of person at death/sleep and gods which his opposition worships are unable to take the soul at death/sleep. This inability of gods besides Allah (subhana wa ta'ala) is mentioned in the Qur’an:

Surah Al Furqan (25) Verse 3: “Yet have they taken, besides him, gods that can create nothing but are themselves created; that have no control of hurt or good to themselves; nor can they control death nor life nor resurrection.”

From this we can conclude that Prophet (sallalahu alayhi was'sallam) was instructed to say to Mushrikeen that he is forbidden to worship gods besides Allah (subhana wa ta'ala) which can not take the soul at the time of death/sleep. Instead he was instructed to worship Allah (subhana wa ta'ala) who can take souls at the time of death/sleep and has control over benefit as well as harm. And controls life,death of His creation as well as their resurrection on the day of judgment.

Part Two:

Hadhrat Ibn Abbas (radiallah ta'ala anh) interpreted: "I am forbidden to worship those - others than Allah - whom ye call upon (i.e. tad'una)." to mean: “(I am forbidden) in the Qur'an (to worship those) idols (unto whom ye cry) whom you worship ...”

Tafsir Ibn Abbas: “(Say) O Muhammad, to the people of Mecca, when they said to him: " revert to the religion of your forefathers ": (I am forbidden) in the Qur'an (to worship those) idols (unto whom ye cry) whom you worship (beside Allah since there have come unto me clear proofs from my Lord, and I am commanded) in the Qur'an (to surrender) to be straight in following Islam (to the Lord of the Worlds) the Lord of all that which has a spirit and moves on the face of the earth.” [ref: Surah 6 Verse 65]

Ibn Kathir (rahimullah alayhi ta'ala) does not interpret the surah al an'Am verse 56, but instead he only interprets the verse partly. The first part of of the verse is interpreted in another verse which has same wording as surah al an'Am verse 65:

Tafsir Ibn Kathir: “Allah says, `say, O Muhammad, to these idolaters, that Allah forbids them to worship anyone, such as these idols and false gods, except Him.' Allah explains that no one apart from Him is deserving of worship, as He says: ...” [ref: Surah 40 Verse 66]

Imam Jalal Ud Din Suyuti (alayhi rehma) does not interpret the verse explicitly:

Tafsir Al Jalalayn: “Say: ‘Truly I have been forbidden to worship those whom you call upon, [those whom] you worship, besides God.’ Say: ‘I shall not follow your whims, by worshiping them, for then, if I did follow them, verily I would have gone astray and I would not be of the rightly guided’.”

The ambiguity of whom the verse refers to is only removed when Tafsir of surah al Ghafir verse 66 is read in the context of previous verse's Tafsir:

Tafsir Al Jalalayn: “He is the Living; there is no god except Him. So supplicate Him, worship Him, devoting [your] religion purely to Him, [free] from any idolatry. Praise be to God, the Lord of the Worlds. Say: ‘I have been forbidden to worship those on whom you call, [those whom] you worship, besides God, since there have come to me clear signs, proofs of His Oneness, from my Lord; and I have been commanded to submit to the Lord of the Worlds’.” [ref: Surah 40 Verse 65-66]

Wahhabi Evidence - Four :

Surah Al A'raf (7) Verse 194: “Verily those whom ye call upon (i.e. tad'una) besides Allahare servants like unto you: Call upon them,[7] and let them listen to your prayer, if ye are (indeed) truthful!”

Part One:

Hadith reveals the identity of the servants referred in the verse of Qur’an:

Sahih Bukhari, Book 60, Hadith 442: “... All the idols which were worshiped by the people of Noah were worshiped by the Arabs later on. As for the idol Wadd, it was worshiped by the tribe of Kalb at Daumat-al-Jandal; Suwa' was the idol of (the tribe of) Murad and then by Ban, Ghutaif at Al-Jurf near Saba; Yauq was the idol of Hamdan, and Nasr was the idol of Himyr, the branch of Dhi-al-Kala.' The names (of the idols) formerly belonged to some pious men of the people of Noah, and when they died Satan inspired their people to prepare and place idols at the places where they used to sit, and to call those idols by their names. The people did so, but the idols were not worshiped till those people (who initiated them) had died and the origin of the idols had become obscure, whereupon people began worshiping them.”

The Hadith explains that the Idols which the Mushrikeen of Makkah worshiped were in fact pious people belonging to Ummah of Nuh (alayhis salam), when these pious people died Shaytan came and whispered to them to make Idols of the pious worshipers of Allah (subhana wa ta'ala). Later the narrative of why the Idols were created was forgotten because shaytaan made them forget it and these idols of were then worshiped by Mushrikeen.

Part Two:

Allah (subhana wa ta'ala) says: “Verily those whom ye call upon (i.e. tad'una) besides Allah are servants like unto you: Call upon them, and ...” in another verse Allah (subhana wa ta'ala) discussing the same servants states:“Yet they attribute to some of His servants a share with Him (in his godhead)! truly is man a blasphemous ingrate avowed.”[ref: 43:15] The share which they attribute to servants of Allah (subhana wa ta'ala) is mentioned in detail in another verse of Qur’an:

Surah Al An'aam (6) Verse 136: And they assign to Allah share of the tilth and cattle which He has created, and they say: "This is for Allah'' according to their claim, "and this is for our partners.'' But the share of their partners reaches not Allah, while the share of Allah reaches their partners! Evil is the way they judge!”

Surah Al Maidah (5) Verse 103: “It was not Allah who instituted (superstitions like those of) bahira, or sahiba, or wasila, or ham: It is blasphemers who invent a lie against Allah. but most of them lack wisdom.”

The verses of Qur’an only allude to some of the customs of Mushrikeen related to their animals, a hadith of Sahih Bukhari sheds light on it in detail:

Sahih Bukhari, Book 60, Hadith 147: ...bahira is a she-camel whose milk is kept for the idols and nobody is allowed to milk it; Sa'iba was the she-camel which they used to set free for their gods and nothing was allowed to be carried on it. ... Wasila is the she-camel which gives birth to a she-camel as its first delivery, and then gives birth to another she-camel as its second delivery. People (in the Pre-lslamic periods of ignorance) used to let that she camel loose for their idols if it gave birth to two she-camels successively without giving birth to a male camel in between. 'Ham' was the male camel which was used for copulation. When it had finished the number of copulations assigned for it, they would let it loose for their idols and excuse it from burdens so that nothing would be carried on it, and they called it the 'Hami.' ...."

Part Three:

Allah (subhana wa ta'ala) states:

Surah Al Ambiyah (21) Verse 26: “And they say: "The Most Gracious has begotten children.'' Glory to Him! They are but honored servants.”

Allah (subhana wa ta'ala) states that the children (i.e. daughters, which Mushrikeen attributed, sons which Jews, Christians) attributed to Him are nothing more then honored servants of Allah (subhana wa ta'ala). And Allah subhana wa ta'ala states about these servants:: Verily those whom ye call upon (i.e. tad'una) besides Allah are servants like unto you: Call upon them, ...” These honored servants which Mushrikeen call upon are subjects of Allah (subhana wa ta'ala) they are creation like the Mushrikeen are creation of Allah (subhana wa ta'ala) and not gods besides Allah (subhana wa ta'ala).

Part Four:

Allah (subhana wa ta'ala) will gather the pious people of Nuh (alayhis salam) which the Mushrikeen took as gods besides Allah (subhana wa ta'ala), as well as the sons, the daughters, which the Mushrikeen attributed to Allah (subhana wa ta'ala) and ask them: "Was it ye who let these My servants astray, or did they stray from the Path themselves?" [ref: 25:17] And they all will reply to Allah (subhana wa ta'ala)

Surah Al Furqan (25) Verse 18: “They will say: Glorified be You! It was not for us to take any protectors besides You, but You gave them and their fathers comfort till they forgot the warning, and became a lost people.”

In the case of Isa (alayhis salam) and Maryam (alayhis salam) when Allah (subhana wa ta'ala) will inquire from them: "O Jesus the son of Mary! Didst thou say unto men, take me and my mother as gods in derogation of Allah.?"[8] He will reply to Allah's question:

Surah Al Maidah (5) Verse 116: “... He will say: "Glory to Thee! never could I say what I had no right (to say). Had I said such a thing, thou wouldst indeed have known it. Thou knowest what is in my heart, Thou I know not what is in Thine. For Thou knowest in full all that is hidden.”

This leads me to conclude that Mushrikeen of Makkah worshiped the idols of pious people of Nuh (alayhis salam) whom they had taken as gods besides Allah (subhana wa ta'ala) and they give share of their cattle, and crops to their idol-gods. And the servants of Allah (subhana wa ta'ala) on the day of judgment will disassociate them self from Mushrikeen and deny the status godhood which the Mushrikeen attributed to them.

Part Five:

Ibn Kathir (rahimullah alayhi ta'ala) interprets surah al A'raf verse 194 in the context of story of Ibrahim (alayhi salam). Its long detailed Tafsir in the mentioned context but servant will only quote from the beginning of Tafsir, which starts from verse 191 and then the relevant part:

Allah admonishes the idolaters who worshiped idols, rivals and images besides Him, although these objects were created by Allah, and neither own anything nor can they bring harm or benefit. These objects do not see or give aid to those who worship them. They are inanimate objects that neither move, hear, or see. Those who worship these objects are better than they are, for they hear see and have strength of their own. Allah said: “Do they attribute as partners to Allah those who created nothing but they themselves are created.” meaning, `Do you associate with Allah others that neither create, nor have power to create anything'”

It seems that Ibn Kathir (rahimullah alayhi ta)'ala in his Tafsir had this part of verse: “...Call upon them, and let them listen to your prayer, ...” [ref: 7:194] in mind when he wrote the below:

“The Ayah:“And if you call them to guidance, they hear not and you will see them looking at you, yet they see not:” is similar to another Ayah:“If you invoke (or call upon) them, they hear not your call.” [35:14] Allah said next: ”... and you will see them looking at you, yet they see not.meaning they have eyes that stare as if they see, although they are solid. Therefore, the Ayah treated them as if they had a mind saying, Tarahum, instead of Taraha ﴾since they are made in the shape of humans with eyes drawn on them.)”

Tafsir Ibn Abbas (radiallah ta'ala anh) explicitly mentions the idols:

Tafsir Ibn Abbas: “Lo! those on whom ye call ...”(i.e. worship)“... beside Allah ...” (i.e. of idols)“... are slaves like unto you ...” (i.e. are created like you.)“Call on them ...” (i.e. the idols)“... now, and let them answer you ...”(i.e. let them hear your call and answer) “... if ye are truthful!” (i.e. that they can benefit you.)“

Finally coming to Tafsir of Imam Jalal Ud Din Suyuti (rahimullah alayhi ta'ala), he interprets the verse 194: “ … call them then and let them answer you, your call, if you are truthful, in [claiming] that they are gods: ...” from this it becomes clear that the verse is about a people who took servant of Allah (subhana wa ta'ala) as gods, but for a clearer understanding read verse 194 in the context of 193:

Tafsir Al Jalalayn – Verse 193: And if you call them, that is, the idols, to guidance, they will not follow you (read yatba‘ūkum or yattabi‘ūkum). It will be the same [response] for you, whether you call them, to it, or whether you are silent, [refraining] from calling them, they will not follow it, because they cannot hear. (194) Truly those on whom you call, [whom] you worship, besides God are servants, owned, like you; call them then and let them answer you, your call, if you are truthful, in [claiming] that they are gods: God then illustrates their utter incapacity and the superiority which their worshipers possess over them, saying: ...”

Part Seven:

The overall conclusion in the light of Quran, Hadith, and commentaries is that the ayaat in dicussion was revealed for the Idols of Mushrikeen. And the servents reffered in the ayaat are those pious worshippers of Allah (subhana wa ta'ala) who have been elivated to the status of gods after their passing away. These servents (i.e. pious worshippers belonging to Nuh alayhis salam ummah, Isa alayhis salam, Maryam alayhis salam, etc ...) on the day of judgement will deny claiming to be gods besides Allah (subhana wa ta'ala)[9].

Wahhabi Evidence - Five:

Surah Al A'raf (7) Verse 197: "But those ye call upon (i.e. tad'una) besides Him, are unable to help you, and indeed to help themselves."

Part One:

Allah (subhana wa ta'ala) saying: “... besides Him are unable to help you and indeed to help themselves.” is in meaning of that the idols of mushrikeen are unable to grant anything to anyone or protect themselves. A demonstration of this is in story of Ibrahim (alayhis salam) when his uncle[10] Azhar leaves him with idols:

Surah Al Anbiyah (21) Verse 57:"And by Allah, I have a plan for your idols - after ye go away and turn your backs". (58) So he broke them to pieces, (all) but the biggest of them, that they might turn (and address themselves) to it. (59) They said, "Who has done this to our gods? He must indeed be some man of impiety!" (60) They said, "We heard a youth talk of them: He is called Abraham." (61) They said, "Then bring him before the eyes of the people, that they may bear witness." (62) They said, "Art thou the one that did this with our gods, O Abraham?" (63) He said: "Nay, this was done by - this is their biggest one! ask them, if they can speak intelligently!" (64) So they turned to themselves and said, "Surely ye are the ones in the wrong!" (65) Then were they confounded with shame: (they said), "Thou knowest full well that these (idols) do not speak!" (66) (Abraham) said, "Do ye then worship, besides Allah, things that can neither be of any good to you nor do you harm? (67) "Fie upon you, and upon the things that ye worship besides Allah. Have ye no sense?"

Not only the idols of Mushrikeen are unable to help themselves by defending them selves against Ibrahim (alayhis salam) but they are unable to help the Mushrikeen in their difficulties. Ibrahim (alayhis salam) also makes it clear that: “... besides Allah things that can neither be of any good to you nor do you harm?” and if they were able to do good as well as harm to anyone; they would have done good to them selves first by defending themselves and harmed Ibrahim (alayhis salam) for breaking the idol of gods into smithrens. And this is supported by; idol-gods of Mushrikeen have no control over harm or good for themselves:

Surah Al Furqan (25) verse 3:“Yet have they taken mindu’nillah godsthat can create nothing but are themselves created; that have no control of hurt or good to themselves; nor can they control death nor life nor resurrection.“

Part Two:

Tafsir al Jalalayn should be read from 195 to 198 to properly understand the context in which Imam Jalal ud Din Suyuti rahimullah alayhi ta'ala explained the verse but I will only present two Tafsir of two verses:

Tafsir Al Jalalayn 197: “And as for those on whom you call besides God, they have no power to help you, nor can they help themselves’, so why should I be concerned with them? (198) And if you call upon them, that is, the idols, to guidance, they do not hear; and you see them, that is, the idols, O Muhammad (s), staring at you, looking toward you, as a person looks, but they do not perceive.”

In Tafsir Tanwir al Miqbas Ibn Abbas (radi'allah ta'ala anh) has interpreted the verse as fallows:

Tafsir Ibn Abbas: “(They on whom ye call) worship (beside Him) of idols (have no power to help you) to benefit or harm you, (nor can they help themselves) nor prevent what is wanted with them.”

From Quran as well as commentaries of mufassireen it has become clear that this verse was revealed about the Mushrikeen of Makkah who worshipped the idol-gods.

Wahhabi Evidence – Six:

Surah Al Isra (17) Verse 56: “Say: "Call on those - besides Him - whom ye fancy: they have neither the power to remove your troubles from you nor to change them."

Part One:

Allah (subhana wa ta'ala) states: "Call on those - besides Him - whom ye fancy: they have neither the power to remove your troubles from you nor to change them." in another place Allah (subhana wa ta'ala) questions the Mushrikeen: “... "Will ye worship, besides Allah, something which hath no power either to harm or benefit you?”[11] and Allah (subhana wa ta'ala) declares: "… those ye call upon besides Him, are unable to help you, and indeed to help themselves"[12] And further in another verse of Qur’an Allah (subhana wa ta'ala) states that Mushrikeen had taken against Allah gods: “Yet have they taken besides Allah gods that can create nothing but are themselves created; that have no control of hurt or good to themselves; nor can they control death nor life nor resurrection.”[13] In another verse Allah (subhana wa ta'ala) also states that Mushrikeen had taken idols against Allah:"You have taken besides of Allah as idols, out of mutual love and regard between yourselves in this life; but on the Day of Judgment ye shall disown each other and curse each other.”[14] This means that Mushrikeen had taken beside of Allah (subhana wa ta'ala) idols as gods and these idol-gods do not have ability to harm, benefit or change the fortune of anyone, they are themselves created by men and do not control life or death.

Part Two:

Surah Al An'am (6) Verse 100: "Yet they make the jinn equals with Allah, though Allah did create the Jinn; and they falsely, having no knowledge, attribute to Him sons and daughters. Praise and glory be to Him! (for He is) above what they attribute to Him!"

Jinn are shayateen (i.e. Satans)[15] and these shayateen have been assigned to every one.[16] The Mushrikeen of Makkah in obedience to the shayateen attributed to Allah (subhana wa ta'ala) idols as gods, and daughters to Allah (subhana wa ta'ala). A group of Jews in obedience to Shayateen attributed to Allah (subhana wa ta'ala) Uzair as son, and Christians attributed to Allah (subhana wa ta'ala) Isa (alayhis salam) as son. And this obedience in fundamental aspect of aqeedah of Tawheed & Shirk is termed as worship because obedience is form of respect and any respect given to a being who is given a attribute of Allah[17] (subhana wa ta'ala) and obeyed in a matter which he opposes Allah (subhana wa ta'ala) is worship of that being. In the context of this discussion the Shayateen have incited in past and will incite in future for people to worship idols[18] and those who obeyed them in past, and those who will obey them in future have taken the shayateen as partners to Allah (subhana wa ta'ala).

Their obedience is worship of shayateen the Jinn and Allah (subhana wa ta'ala) will question on the day of judgment:

Surah Ya Seen (36) Verse 60 "Did I not enjoin on you, O ye Children of Adam, that ye should not worship Satan; for that he was to you an enemy avowed?”

Surah Saba (34) Verse 41: They will say, "Glory to Thee! our (tie) is with Thee - as Protector - not with them. Nay, but they worshiped the Jinns: most of them believed in them."

In context of above discussion the verse: "Call on those - besides Him - whom ye fancy: they have neither the power to remove your troubles from you nor to change them." means; Mushrikeen call upon in worship besides Him anyone of the gods you have attribute. Mushrikeen of Makkah call upon the idols of pious peoples of Nuh (alayhis salam) or the pious people whom you have taken as gods or call upon the Jinns whom you worship. Jews call upon Uzair whom you have taken as son of God, Christians call upon Isa (alayhis salam) whom you have taken as son of God because your call to them will be not answered because do not posses ability to help[19] you in time of your distress or ward off evil by inflicting another or by changing what was destined for you by Allah (subhana wa ta'ala).

Part Three:

Surah Al Isra (17) Verse 55: “And your Lord is most knowing of whoever is in the heavens and the earth. And We have made some of the prophets exceed others [in various ways], and to David We gave the book [of Psalms]. (56) Say: "Call on those - besides Him - whom ye fancy: they have neither the power to remove your troubles from you nor to change them. (57) Those whom they invoke seek means of access to their Lord, [striving as to] which of them would be nearest, and they hope for His mercy and fear His punishment. Indeed, the punishment of your Lord is ever feared.

The meaning of ayaat: “Those whom they invoke seek means of access to their Lord, [striving as to] which of them would be nearest, ...” is that the pious worshipers belonging to Ummah of Honorable Prophet Nuh (alayhis salam)[20] and Honorable Prophet Isa (alayhis salam), his righteous mother Honorable Maryam (alayhis salam) the Jinn who became Muslims[21], and Uzair[22], that all of these compete with one and other and seek Wasilah (i.e. means) to approach onto Allah (subhana wa ta'ala) because they are Muslims believers in oneness of Allah (subhana wa ta'ala) whom they worship as their God without associating a partner with Him. Therefore: "Call on those - besides Him - whom ye fancy: they have neither the power to remove your troubles from you nor to change them." because the aid, the removal of affliction, the granting of mercy is in control of Allah (subhana wa ta'ala) and in His Godhood there are no partners, and as god none can help not even these pious worshipers of Allah (subhana wa ta'ala).

Part Four:

Tafsir Ibn Kathir: “Say ...”O Muhammad to these idolaters who worship things other than Allah. “Call upon those - besides Him whom you pretend.” such as idols and rivals of Allah. Even if you turn to them: “They have neither the power to remove the adversity from you” they have no such power at all, “nor even to shift (it from you to another person.)).” to lift the distress from you and give it to someone else. The meaning is that the only one Who is able to do that is Allah Alone, with no partner or associate, Who is the One Who creates and issues commands.”

Tafsir Al Jalalayn: “Say, to them: ‘Call on those whom you assumed, to be gods, besides Him, such as the angels, Jesus and Ezra (‘Uzayr); yet they have no power to rid you of misfortune nor to transfer, it to [persons] other than you.”

Tafsir Ibn Abbas: “(Say) O Muhammad, to Khuza'ah who worshiped the jinn, thinking they were angels: (Cry unto those (saints and angels) whom ye assume (to be gods)) you worship (beside Him) apart from Allah in times of hardship, (yet they have no power to rid you of misfortune) they cannot remove hardship from you (nor to change) nor transfer this hardship to someone else.”

The commentaries make it clear that the ones referred in the verse: “... "Call on those - besides Him - whom ye fancy: they have neither the power to remove your troubles from you nor to change them." are not just ordinary people, but they are those people who had been taken as gods by Mushrikeen of Arabia.

Wahhabi Evidence – Seven:

Surah Al Ahqaf (46) Verse 5: “And who is more astray than one who invokes besides Allah, such as will not answer him to the Day of Judgment, and who (in fact) are unaware of their call (to them)?”[23]

Part One:

Those whom the Mushrikeen called upon can not answer a dua because they do not posses the abilities, organs, with which they can hear, see, help the Mushrikeen nor they posses the power to do as they please. Allah (subhana wa ta'ala) questions the Mushrikeen: “Have they feet to walk with? Or hands to lay hold with? Or eyes to see with? Or ears to hear with? Say: "Call your 'god-partners', scheme (your worst) against me, and give me no respite!” [Ref: Surah 7:195] Allah (subhana wa ta'ala) partly answers the questions Himself in in verse: “If thou callest them for guidance, they hear not. Thou wilt see them looking at thee, but they see not.” [Ref: Surah 7:198] This means that they have eyes but do not see with them eyes, and due to this we can infer that (some of) idol-gods have feet but are unable to walk with, have hands but are unable to hold with, have ears but are unable to hear with them. And due to this: “If ye invoke them, they will not listen to your call, and if they were to listen, they cannot answer your (prayer). On the Day of Judgment they will reject your "Partnership" ...” [Ref: Surah 35:14] In another part of Qur’an Allah (subhana wa ta'ala) why the Idols are unable to hear: “... mindu’nillah gods that can create nothing but are themselves created; that have no control of hurt or good to themselves; nor can they control death nor life nor resurrection.“ [Ref: Surah 25:3] and the idol-gods which the Mushrikeen in worship call upon in time of their distress: “(They the idols are) dead, lifeless, and they know not when they (the people) will be raised up." [Ref: Surah 16:21]

Part Two:

Tafsir Al Jalalayn: “And who is (man here is interrogative but meant [rhetorically] as a negation: in other words, ‘no one is’) further astray than him who invokes, [him who] worships, besides God, that is to say, other than Him, such as would not respond to him [even] until the Day of Resurrection — these are the idols, who never answer those who worship them in anything that they ask for — and who are heedless of their supplication, their worship, because they are inanimate that possess no [faculty of] comprehension.

Tafsir Ibn Abbas: “And who is further astray ...” from the Truth and guidance “... than those who instead of Allah, ...” (i.e. the disbeliever)“... call[24] unto ...” worship “... such as hear not their prayer ...” such as respond not to his supplication “... until the Day of Resurrection and ...”, (i.e. the idols) “... are unconscious of their prayer ...” and are unaware of the prayers of those who worship them.[25]

Tafsir Ibn Kathir: “And who is more astray than those who invokes besides Allah others who will not answer them until the Day of Resurrection, and who are unaware of their invocations to them.” Meaning, no one is more misguided than those who invoke idols instead of Allah, asking them for things that they cannot give -- until the Day of Judgment. They (the idols) are unaware of what he asks, they can neither hear, see, or act. This is because they are inanimate, senseless stones.”

Commentators of Quran has affirmed that the ones who are reffered in these verses of Quran are Idol-gods of Mushrikeen of Makkah, and Idol-gods in general.

Footnotes:

- [1] A Arab Wahhabi issued this edict against me in a meeting. For a similar edict refer to Arabic original: 'Al Hadaya'tus Saniy'yat' [by: Sulaiman bin Sahman Najdi] Urdu translation: 'Tohfa e Wahhabiyah', [by: Ismail Ghaznavi] and from which I translate: “… meaning their this action is Shirk [al Akbar] in every scenario and its permissible to spill the blood of such people … and robbing them of their property is mubah (i.e. permissible)

- [2] Original: (in, is [to be understand as] mā, ‘only’), altered to: ('in' is to be understand as 'mā' [i.e. ‘only’])[2*] Removed: (in, is [to be understand as] mā, ‘only’), inserted three dots instead.

- [3] A oath taken on idol-god instead of Allah (subhana wa ta'ala) is worship of that idol-god, therefore a oath taken on Idol-god intentionally will warrant Shirk Al Akbar for which a person must re-affirm his belief in Islam with: 'La ila'ha il'Allah, Muhammedur RasoolAllah.' {i.e. There is no god worthy of worship accept Allah, Muhammed is a Rasool from Allah.) In mistake as it is in the context of hadith it will NOT nullify ones Islam but affirmation of Tawheed with words: 'La ila'ha il'Allah.' is to be understood in light of: “If a suggestion from Satan assail thy (mind), seek refuge with Allah ...” [ref: 7:200] Another important point; oaths taken on any other object, being, without polytheistic aqeedah are Haram (i.e. forbidden).

- [4] Even though 6:40-41 are about Mushrikeen of Makkah, and other ayaat are about Jews and the Christians; the inferred point is valid because Shirk of all these groups was same. Note 6:41 uses word “tu'Shrikoon” and verse 9:31 uses “yu'Shrikoon” hence the meaning of words and implications of the words in the context of belief of Jews,Christians and Mushrikeen of Makkah are same therefore inference is valid.

- [5] According to Bible Jesus said to one of his disciples 'Ye of little faith.' and in humor sometimes I address my Wahhabi associates as: 'Ye of little sense.'

- [6] Allah (subhana wa ta'ala) directly instructs Honorable Messenger (sallalahu alayhi was'sallam) to say for education of the Muslims as well as Mushrikeen:"I am forbidden to worship those - others than Allah - whom ye call upon (i.e. tad'una) ...” It means: 'I am [has a human being] forbidden to worshiped those others than Allah – whom you call upon.[because Allah created mankind for His worship]. I will not follow your wain desires: [of Shaytan because inspiration has come to me that your God is the One God (i.e. Allah)] and I have been commanded to bow to the Lord of the Worlds[and in the worship of his Lord, admit no one as partner.]” If the instruction of Allah (subhana wa ta'ala) is understood to be directly for Honorable Prophet (sallalahu alayhi was'sallam) then it instructs to negate in dua (i.e. supplication) the worship of Idol-gods, instead affirm the Tawheed of Allah (subhana wa ta'ala). There are many duas of Honorable Prophet (sallalahu alayhi was'sallam) in which he did this: "la ilaha illal-lahu al-'Azim, al-Halim, la ilaha illal-lahu Rabbu-s-samawati wal-ard wa Rabbu-l-arsh il-azim," [Ref: Bukhari, B75, H357]

- [7] Allah (subhana wa ta'ala) says to mushrikeen that in reality the Idols you created and named after the pious worshipers of Allah (subhana wa ta'ala) are servants, subjects of Allah's kingdom: “Verily those whom ye call upon (i.e. tad'una) besides Allah are servants like unto you: Call upon them, ...” therefore they are like you in the inability to grant anything to anyone, which is supported by: “... and if they were to hear they could not grant it ...” [ref: 35:14]. Another interpretation is that the Mushrikeen are unable to hear the call of Tawheed, Islam, just as the Idols can not hear their prayers: “If you invoke them they will not hear your call; ...” [ref: 35:14] because Mushrikeen are like them (i.e. idols). This interpretation is supported by: “Deaf, dumb, and blind, they will not return (to the path).”[ref: 2:18]

- [8] The question of: "O Jesus the son of Mary! Didst thou say unto men, take me and my mother as gods in derogation of Allah.?" reveals that gathered servants of Allah (subhana wa ta'ala) [i.e. pious people of Nuh alayhis salam, angle-daughters, Uzair, Isa alayhis salam] are being questioned about if they claimed to be gods besides Allah (subhana wa ta'ala).

- [9] Allah (subhana wa ta'ala) states: “And he said: "You have taken instead of Allah (i.e. mindu'nillah) as idols, out of mutual love and regard between yourselves in this life;but on the Day of Judgment ye shall disown each other and curse each other: and your abode will be the Fire, and ye shall have none to help." [ref:Surah Ankabut (29) verse 25]

- [10] Qur’an uses the word abeehi (i.e. father) for Azar who was uncle of Ibrahim (alayhis salam). There are weak ahadith which have reached to the level of talluqi bil qabool which explain that Azar was uncle of Ibrahim (alayhis salam). Its common in Arab culture and in culture of subcontinent that youngsters address their elders with appellations such as father, mother ignoring the factual titles for the elders. Such use of titles is sign of deep love, and respect which youngsters have for their elders.

- [11] Surah Al Maidah (5) Verse 76

- [12] Surah Al A'raf (7) Verse 197

- [13]Surah Al Furqan (25) verse 3

- [14]Surah Ankabut (29) verse 25

- [15] Iblees (i.e. Satan) is reffered as Jinn in this verse of Quran: “Behold! We said to the angels, "Bow down to Adam": They bowed down except Iblis. He was one of the Jinns, and he broke the Command of his Lord. Will ye then take him and his progeny as protectors rather than Me? And they ...” [ref: 18:5]

- [16] Sahih Muslim, Book 39, Hadith 6757: “Abdullah b. Mas'ud reported that Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) said: There is none amongst you with whom is not an attache from amongst the Jinn (devil). They (the Companions) said: Allah's Messenger, with you too? Thereupon he said: Yes, but Allah helps me against him and so I am safe from his hand and he does not command me but for good.”

- [17] Attribute of Allah (subhana wa ta'ala) given to shaytaan is mentioned here: "If not Him, ye worship nothing but names which ye have named,- ye and your fathers,- for which Allah hath sent down no authority: the command is for none but Allah. He hath commanded that ye worship none but Him: that is the right religion, but most men understand not ...”[Surah Yusuf (12) Verse 40] The command here means the authority to legislate religion, and in the context of verse it means right to declare who should be worshiped, and who should be taken as Ilah (i.e. god), this is Allah's (subhana wa ta'ala) right alone. Allah (subhana wa ta'ala😞 excercising his right had commanded: “He hath commanded that ye worship none but Him: that is the right religion, ...”And if right of legislating religion, and declaring who is God, and worship is given to another (i.e. shaytaan), or accept what Shaytaan has legislated as part of deen then you have taken shaytaan as Ilah (i.e. god) beside Allah (subhana wa ta'ala).

- [18] Prophet of Allah (sallalahu alayhi was'sallam) foretold that near the end of time Allah (subhana wa ta'ala) will send a musky wind which will take the life of anyone who have iota, or mustard seed size faith in their heart the people left behind will revert to idolatry when shaytan will incite them to it: “... I heard Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying: Only the wicked people would survive and they would be as careless as birds with the charactertistics of beasts. They would never appreciate the good nor condemn evil. Then the satan would come to them in human form and would say: Don't you respond? And they would say: What do you order us? And he would command them to worship the idols but, in spite of this, they would have abundance of sustenance and lead comfortable lives. Then the trumpet ...” [ref: Muslim B 41, H 7023]

- [19] Here the inability to help mentioned is bidh'dhaat, meaning they are unable to help by their ownselves but with permission of Allah (subhana wa ta'ala) they can help. Also the verse means that they as gods do not posses any ability to help, remove distress. As a creation of Allah (subhana wa ta'ala) and as Muslims the Jinn and Isa (alayhis salam) can help bi'iznillah, they can beseech Allah (subhana wa ta'ala) to ward off evil from believers.

- [20] Idols of these pious worshippers of Allah (subhana wa ta'ala) were made and later taken to be gods beside Allah (subhana wa ta'ala).

- [21] Surah Al Jinn (72) Verse 1: “Say, [O Muhammad], "It has been revealed to me that a group of the jinn listened and said, 'Indeed, we have heard an amazing Qur'an.(2) It guides to the right course, and we have believed in it. And we will never associate with our Lord anyone.”

- [22] According to the Tafsir of verse 56 and in context of the verse 57 Uzair was a pious man who had been elivated to level of being son of Allah (subhana wa ta'ala). Allah (subhana wa ta'ala) knows better!

- [23] Wahhabi's may argue: 'The dead can not hear therefore the verse also refers to the deceased, and those who make Tawassul of the Awliyah.' To put it bluntly, the Awliyah are Idols dead, lifeless, unable to hear, or see, or grant anything to anyone, and Muslims who make Tawassul of Awliyah are Mushirkeen. To apply verses of Qur’an which were revealed about Idols as well as Mushrikeen on Awliyah who have passed away and Muslims is rebellion against teaching of Islam. Prophet (sallalahu alayhi was'sallam) knew that Khawarij would do this so he quoted what Allah (subhana wa ta'ala) said: “… and My slave keeps on coming closer to Me ... till I love him, … so I (i.e. Allah) become his sense of hearing with which he hears, and his sense of sight with which he sees, and his hand with which he grips, and his leg with which he walks; and if he asks Me, I will give him, and if he asks My protection (Refuge), I will protect him; ...” [Ref: Bukhari, B76, H509] and because there is no death for Allah (subhana wa ta'ala) there is no death for Wali's sight, hearing, walking, gripping, there is no ceasing of his beseeching Allah (subhana wa ta'ala). Note Allah (subhana wa ta'ala) literally does not become part of his creation (i.e. eyes, ears, hands, feet) its metaphoric expression of supernatural (i.e. Karamati) abilities which Allah (subhana wa ta'ala) grants a Wali. Another reason for Allah (subhana wa ta'ala) stating that He becomes, eyes, ears, hands, feet, is to convey that as His attributes are not effected by time so do the supernatural attributes of Wali's do not cease after their death. Khidr (alayhis salam) a Wali of Allah who lived in the time of Musa (alayhis salam) will expose Dajjal's reality. When Dajjal kills him and then restores his life he will turn around and say: “... By Allah, I had no better proof of the fact (that you are a dajjal) than at the present time (that you are actually so). The dajjal would then make an attempt to kill him (again) but he would not be able to do that. Abu Ishaq reported that it was Said: That person would be Khadir (Allah be pleased with him).” [Ref: Muslim, B41, H7017] I have personally observed as well as of countless other Muslims observed that bodies of pious believers do not decay, a true Wali's body remains as it was in life. Even though Khidr (alayhis salam) has passed away centuries ago he has eyes with which he sees, ears with which he hears, and hands with which he holds, and feet with which he walks. Another example is of Musa (alayhis salam) performing Salah in his grave, in fact all the Ambiyah (alayhis salam) had passed away, but in their graves they are alive, they possess seeing eyes, hearing ears, holding hands, walking feet, and nothing is restricted for them. In fact fulfillment of the promise which Allah's (subhana wa ta'ala) had secured from Ambiyah on Misaqun nabiyeen was when he Prophet lead the Ambiyah (alayhis salam) in prayers, all the Ambiyah (alayhis salam) gathered in Masjid Al Aqsa in support of Messenger (sallalahu alayhi was'sallam) to aid him. Conclusion is that once a human has earned nearness to Allah (subhana wa ta'ala) Nabi or Wali regardless after his death his barzakhi life is real has life of this world, with body and all the purified attributes. They hear, see, hold, walk and beseech Allah (subhana wa ta'ala) in worship, and their karamati abilities which Allah (subhana wa ta'ala) granted them in their life do not cease even after their death. And if they wish they can aid in time of difficulty, or like Khidr (alayhis salam) expose the reality of enemy of Islam (i.e. Dajjal).

- [24] In the original translation the phrase: “... pray unto ...” was used, and the word 'pray' is associated with worship in English language. Therefore the translation of yad'u to pray would eliminate the valid basis for Tafsir of yad'u. Only reason it would require Tafsir is if yad'u was translated literally: “... call unto ...” and the word worship was interpretation of yad'u (i.e. call unto, call upon).

- [25] As it was translated it was hard to comprehend what was being said without detective work. Edited so the Tafsir is bit more clear.

Iska Urdu Translation mil sakta hai

بحث میں حصہ لیں

آپ ابھی پوسٹ کرکے بعد میں رجسٹر ہوسکتے ہیں۔ اگر آپ پہلے سے رجسٹرڈ ہیں تو سائن اِن کریں اور اپنے اکاؤنٹ سے پوسٹ کریں۔
نوٹ: آپ کی پوسٹ ناظم کی اجازت کے بعد نظر آئے گی۔

اس ٹاپک پر جواب دیں

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• حالیہ دیکھنے والے   0 اراکین

• کوئی رجسٹرڈ رُکن اس صفحے کو نہیں دیکھ رہا