Heritical Wahhabi Methodology Using Call Upon Verses To Describe Muslims

Saad Qadri

تجویز کردہ جواب

Wahhabi's Describing Muslims With Verses Revealed For Mushrikeen

Introduction:

Wahhabi's often quote verses of Quran which were revealed about the idol-gods of Mushrikeen, and about actions of Mushrikeen in order to accuse the Muslims of worshiping ghairullah. All the verses which they refer to as evidence of their position use the words tad'una, yad'una, ta'duna, tad'unahu, wad'u, nad'u and many other variations. In this article servant will provide a basic guide which will enable readers to figure out to whom such verses refer to.

Tafsir Of 'Call Upon':

- Allah (subhana wa ta'ala) in Quran uses the words Yad'una, Tad'una, Yad'u, and other variations used in Quran, depending on the gramatical requirement of the sentence. All these words are derived from word dua, and it means to call, to implore, therefore the its derivatives are translated to mean 'Call Upon'. To call upon is in meaning of dua (i.e. invocation, supplication), and dua is Ibadah (i.e. worship)[1]:

Sunan Abu Dawood, Book 8, Hadith 1474: Narrated An-Nu'man ibn Bashir: The Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) said: 'Supplication (du'a') is itself the worship'. (He then recited:) "And your Lord said: Call on Me, I will answer you" (40:60).

- Continuing from the verse of Quran:

Surah Ghafir (40) Verse 60: And your Lord said: "Call upon (i.e. Mud'uni) Me, I will answer you. Verily, those who scorn My worship they will surely enter Hell in humiliation!''

Prophet (sallalahu alayhi was'salam) explained that Mud'uni (i.e. call upon) is used in meaning of Ibadati (i.e. worship) and as a proof he quoted the above verse:

Jami’ At-Tirmidhi, Book 44, Number 3247: “Narrated An-Nu’man ibn Bashir (ra): I heard the Prophet (sa) saying: “Supplication is worship.” Then he (saw) recited the verse: “And your Lord says, ‘Call upon Me; I will respond to you.’ Indeed, those who disdain My worship will enter Hell contemptible.” (40:60) Abu Eisa (Imam at-Tirmidhi) said: This narration is Hasan Sahih (good, authentic).”

It is infered from the verse that calling upon Allah (subhana wa ta'ala) is actually worship of Allah (subhana wa ta'ala). The verse is in meaning of: 'Ask me and I will help you, if you don't ask its your own fault.' to ask another for something, is to ask for help, therefore the sentence actually means: 'Ask me [for help] and I will help you, if you don't ask [for help] its your own fault.' In the similar fashion the verse means: ‘Call upon Me [in worship]; I will respond to you.’ Indeed, those who disdain [to Call Upon Me in] My worship will enter Hell contemptible.

- The Mufassireen explaining Surah Ghafir verse sixty have stated:

Tafsir Ibn Abbas: “(And your Lord hath said: Pray unto me) profess My divine Oneness (and I will hear your prayer) I will forgive you; it is also said that this means: pray unto Me; I will hear your prayers and accept them from you. (Lo! those who scorn My service) My divine Oneness and obedience, (they will enter hell, disgraced) humiliated.”

Tafsir Al Jalalayn: And your Lord has said, ‘Call on Me and I will respond to you.' in other words, worship Me and I will reward you — judging [this to be the meaning] by what follows. Surely those who disdain to worship Me shall enter (sa-yadkhulūna, or [passive] sa-yudkhalūna, ‘they shall be admitted into’) Hell [utterly] humiliated’, abased.”

From these two examples it's clear that Mud'uni used is in meaning of Ibadati.

Implications Of Yad'una & Tad'una etc

- The word 'dua' and the usage of it's derivatives in Quran and Hadith, when used in connection with Mushrikeen and idol-gods of Mushrikeen it means worship of idol-gods:

Surah Al Ankabut (29) Verse 17:"For you worship[2] Idols besides Allah, and ye invent falsehood. The things that ye worship besides Allah (i.e. mindu'nillah) have no power to give you sustenance: then seek ye sustenance from Allah, serve Him, and be grateful to Him: to Him will be your return."

- To establish firmly that Mushrikeen of all ages took their idols as gods:

Surah Al An'am (6) Verse 74: "Lo! Abraham said to his father Azar: "Takes thou idols for gods? For I see thee and thy people in manifest error."

This discourse is continued in this verse:

Surah Maryam (19) Verse 46: "(The father) replied: "Dost thou hate my gods, O Abraham? If thou forbear not, I will indeed stone thee: Now get away from me for a good long while! (47) Abraham said: "Peace be on thee: I will pray to my Lord for thy forgiveness for He is to me Most Gracious.

Allah (subhana wa ta'ala) narrates the historical event of Ibrahim (alayhis salam) to highlight the similarity between the actions of Mushrikeen of past , and actions of Mushrikeen of Makkah who threatened, persecuted Prophet (sallalahu alayhi was'salam) and the Sahabah (alayhi ridwan). The overall point being made is; 'When a Prophet is sent to a people; the polytheistic belief system is threatened, their idol-gods refuted, then the people in defense of their idol-gods, threaten and even persecute the Prophet and his followers.' The important point to note is that Mushrikeen of past Ummats and Mushrikeen of Prophets (sallalahu alayhi was'salam) Ummat (i.e. Makkans) took idols as gods and as gods they made dua to them as an act of worship.

Conclusion

Its been substantiated that any verse in the Quran where Allah (subhana wa ta'ala) used word dua and its derivatives in connection with Mushrikeen, as well as their idol-gods its means worship of idols-gods. Naturally where ever these words have been used to instruct Muslims to 'call upon' (i.e. dua, tad'una, yad'una etc …) Allah (subhana wa ta'ala) their these words mean worship of Allah (subhana wa ta'ala) as ilahuv wahid (i.e. one god).

Its been narrated in Sahih Hadith that those who use verses revealed regarding Mushrikeen and describe the Muslims they are the worst of creatures in the creation of Allah (subhana wa ta'ala):

Sahih Al Bukhari, Volume 9, Page 49, Chapter 6: Killing The Khawarij “... and the Mulhidun (heretical) after the establishment of firm proof against them:"And the statement of Allah: 'Allah will not mislead a people after He has guided them, until He makes clear to them what to avoid.' [9:115] And Ibn Umar used to consider them (the Khawarij and the Mulhidun) the worst of Allah's creatures and said: "These people took some verses that had been revealed concerning the disbelievers and interpreted them as describing the believers.”

And this Hadith also points out that this was the practice of Khawarij, therefore the Wahhabiyah are offshoot of Khawarij apostasy because they have differences with Khawarij yet on misinterpreting verses of Quran in the manner specified is uniquely their characteristic.

Wama alayna ilal balaghul mubeen.
Muhammed Ali Razavi

========================

FootNotes:

-
[1]
Not all dua are worship: “Deem not the calling (i.e. du`aee) of the Messenger of Allah among yourselves like the calling of one of you to another.” [ref: Surah 24 Verse 63]
-
[2] “'Supplication' (i.e. dua) is 'Worship' (i.e. ibadah).”, same is true if its opposite: 'Worship' (i.e. ibadah)  is 'Supplication' (i.e. dua).' Hence Prophet Ibrahim's (alayhis salam) can be interpreted to mean: 'For you supplicate to Idols besides Allah, and ye invent falsehood.'

Edited by Saad Qadri

بحث میں حصہ لیں

آپ ابھی پوسٹ کرکے بعد میں رجسٹر ہوسکتے ہیں۔ اگر آپ پہلے سے رجسٹرڈ ہیں تو سائن اِن کریں اور اپنے اکاؤنٹ سے پوسٹ کریں۔
نوٹ: آپ کی پوسٹ ناظم کی اجازت کے بعد نظر آئے گی۔

اس ٹاپک پر جواب دیں

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• حالیہ دیکھنے والے   0 اراکین

• کوئی رجسٹرڈ رُکن اس صفحے کو نہیں دیکھ رہا