Answering Objection: If Prophet Is Hadhir Nazir Then Why Do Angels Submit Blessing And Actions To Him?

MuhammedAli

تجویز کردہ جواب

Introduction:

Allah (subhanahu wa ta’ala) has stated that He has sent Prophet (sallallahu alayhi wa aalihi was’sallam) has a Shahid. Shahid is means witness [and to be witness one must be Hadhir/present and Nazir/seeing] and it also means present. Evidence of this is n supplication of Janazah. We read: “Allahum maghfirli hayyitina wa mayyitina, wa shahidina wa ghaybina, wa sagheerina wa kabeerina …” Which translates to means: “O Allah forgive our living and our dead, and our present and our absent, and our minors and our elders,…” Fundamentally the meaning of Shahid boils down to hearing and seeing of Shahid (i.e. witness or present). Thus as Muslims we believe Prophet (sallallahu alayhi wa aalihi was’sallam) has been sent as a hearing/seeing type of witness. Opponents of Islam argue that Prophet (sallallahu alayhi wa aalihi was’sallam) has not been sent as a seeing/hearing type of witness.

Argument Against Islamic Belief Of Hadhir And Nazir:

Opponents of Islam quote the following Ahadith in which Prophet (sallallahu alayhi wa aalihi was’sallam) said: “My life is a great good for you in whom you talk (to me) and you are responded. And when I will die my demise will be a great good for you. Your deeds will be presented to me, if I see goodness, I will praise Allah, and if I see wrongs, I will ask Allah’s forgiveness for you." [Ref: Ibn Sa‘d, at-Tabaqat-ul-kubra (2: 194); ‘Ali bin Abu Bakr Haythami related in Majma‘-uz-zawa’id (9:24)] “The Prophet said: Among the most excellent of your days is Friday; on it Adam was created, on it he died, on it the last trumpet will be blown, and on it the shout will be made, so invoke more blessings on me that day, for your blessings will be submitted to me.” [Ref: Abu Dawood, B3, H1042] Based on these Ahadith the opponents of Muslims argue that if Prophet (sallallahu alayhi wa aalihi was’sallam) was witnessing the actions he would be aware who recited blessings upon him and who committed which deed. This would require no angels to submit actions or blessings to him. Angels submitting blessings and actions to him is therefore proof that Prophet (sallallahu alayhi wa aalihi was’sallam) isn’t hearing/seeing type of witness (i.e. Hadhir and Nazir).

A Reasoned Response To Angels Submitting Blessings And Actions Argument:

It is recorded in the Hadith that: "Allah has appointed an angel in the womb, …” of a mother after pregnancy. The angel informs Allah (subhanahu wa ta’ala): “… and the angel says, O Lord, a drop of discharge (i.e. semen). “ Then goes on to inform Allah (subhanahu wa ta’ala) about next two stages of development of an embryo by saying: “O Lord, a clot. O Lord, a piece of flesh.” The Hadith then continues to state: “And then, if Allah wishes to complete the child's creation, the angel will say. 'O Lord, a male or a female? O Lord, wretched or blessed? What will his livelihood be? What will his age be?' The angel writes all this while the child is in the womb of its mother." [Ref: Bukhari, B55, H550] Another Hadith attests to contents of the quoted Hadith: “The Prophet said, "At every womb Allah appoints an angel who says, 'O Lord, a drop of semen, O Lord, a clot. O Lord, a little lump of flesh." [Ref: Bukhari, B6, H315] Considering, angel informing Allah (subhanahu wa ta’ala) about the stages of embryonic development would it be appropriate to argue and to believe that Allah (subhanahu wa ta’ala) Himself is not aware of happening in the womb of a mother and Allah (subhanahu wa ta’ala) is dependent upon information from an angel to fill knowledge gap? He is independent and dependent upon none, not upon the angels nor upon Jinn or mankind. He is fully aware of all eons. His knowledge does not increase nor does it decrease.

Deeds Are Presented To Allah (subhanahu wa ta’ala) Twice A Week:

A Sahabi said to Prophet (sallallahu alayhi wa aalihi was’sallam): "… 'O Messenger of Allah, sometimes you fast, and you hardly ever break your fast, except two days which, if you are fasting, you include them in your fast, and if you are not fasting, then you fast them on your own.” Then Prophet (sallallahu alayhi wa aalihi was’sallam) asked him about the days and companion responded: “I said: Monday and Thursday.” Prophet (sallallahu alayhi wa aalihi was’sallam) went on to tell him: Those are two days in which deeds are shown to the Lord of the worlds, and I like my deeds to be shown (to Him) when I am fasting." [Ref: Nisa’i, B22, H2360] There are many Ahadith which support the quoted text but here only one more will be quoted: “… Why do you fast on Monday and Thursday, while you are an old man? He said: The Prophet of Allah used to fast on Monday and Thursday. When he was asked about it, he said: The works of the servants (of Allah) are presented (to Allah) on Monday and Thursday.” [Ref: Abu Dawood, B13, H2430] It is a fact that deeds are presented to Allah (subhanahu wa ta’ala) once on Monday and once on Thursday. Taking this into account question is, would it be correct to believe; Allah (subhanahu wa ta’ala) is not aware of events which transpire between the period of Thursday to Monday (i.e. Friday, Saturday, Sunday) and from Monday to Thursday (i.e. Tuesday, Wednesday)? Absolutely not, Allah (subhanahu wa ta’ala) is knower of all Ghayb and knower of all that is in hearts and minds. He knows before the action takes place, as it takes place, nothing of past, present, future is hidden from him. Use of such logic to refute established beliefs is absurd and extremely heretical.

The Reasons Why Actions Are Being Presented:

Ahadith reveal that when actions of Ummatis of Prophet (sallallahu alayhi wa aalihi was’sallam) are presented to him if they are good he praises Allah (subhanahu wa ta’ala) and if the actions are in contradiction to Shari’ah then he seeks forgiveness of Allah (subhanahu wa ta’ala) on behalf of sinner, here: “My life is a great good for you in whom you talk (to me) and you are responded. And when I will die my demise will be a great good for you. Your deeds will be presented to me, if I see goodness, I will praise Allah, and if I see wrongs, I will ask Allah’s forgiveness for you." [Ref: Ibn Sa‘d, at-Tabaqat-ul-kubra (2: 194); ‘Ali bin Abu Bakr Haythami related in Majma‘-uz-zawa’id (9:24)] Due to Prophet (sallallahu alayhi wa aalihi was’sallam) seeking forgiveness on behalf of the Ummati Allah (subhanahu wa ta’ala) forgives the sins of a believer except for people who have fallen out and continued to shun each other, here:  Abu Hurairah narrated that the Messenger of Allah said: "The gates of Paradise are opened on Monday and Thursday. In them, (will enter) whoever has not associated anything with Allah will be forgiven, except for the two who shun each other, (about whom) it is said: 'Return these two until they make amends." [Ref: Tirmadhi, B1, H2023] So submission of actions to Prophet (sallallahu alayhi wa aalihi was’sallam) is for purpose of him seeking forgiveness for Muslims from Allah (subhanahu wa ta’ala). And submission of actions to Allah (subhanahu wa ta’ala) is for purpose of granting them forgiveness.

Prophet (sallallahu alayhi wa aalihi was’sallam) Hears Recitation Of Blessings:

Prophet (sallallahu alayhi wa aalihi was’sallam) said: “Among the most excellent of your days is Friday; so invoke many blessings on me on that day, for your blessing will be submitted to me.” The companions enquired from Prophet (sallallahu alayhi wa aalihi was’sallam) saying: “Messenger of Allah, how can our blessings be submitted to you, when your body has decayed?” This establishes the companions connected the hearing/seeing of actions with body not decaying and in keeping with their understanding Prophet (sallallahu alayhi wa aalihi was’sallam) said: “Allah has prohibited the earth from consuming the bodies of Prophets.” [Ref: Abu Dawood, B8, H1526] Preserved body is not able to hear/see if it does not have life in it. Hadith of Prophet (sallallahu alayhi wa aalihi was’sallam) reveal the Prophets are alive in their graves and engage in worship.[1] Prophet (sallallahu alayhi wa aalihi was’sallam) maintaining the conception of companions; body hears/sees and telling them bodies of Prophets do not decay, and Prophets being alive in their graves, all establishes life of Prophet (sallallahu alayhi wa aalihi was’sallam) is in his blessed body in his grave. A Hadith quoted by Ibn Qayyim Al Jawzi in his Jala Al Afham establishes that Prophet (sallallahu alayhi wa aalihi was’sallam) listens to the voice of one sending blessing upon him: “Abu Darda said, Rasoolallah said: On Friday recite copious amount of blessings upon me, for that is day of witnessing [actions]. That day angels visit [with deeds of people]. A person does not sends blessings upon me except that his voice reaches me, where ever he maybe. We said: Even after the death? He said: Even after my death. For Allah has prohibited the earth to consume the bodies of Prophets.”[1] Note, first Hadith establishes actions are submitted to him while he is alive and will be submitted to him after his death and the second Hadith quoted here establishes Prophet (sallallahu alayhi wa aalihi was’sallam) hears recitation of blessings upon him in his life time and will continue to do so afterward his death.

Witnessing Of Deeds Of Mankind By Prophet (sallallahu alayhi wa aalihi was’sallam):

Allah (subhanahu wa ta’ala) states Prophet (sallallahu alayhi wa aalihi was’sallam) was sent entire to mankind as a Messenger and as a Prophet: "Whatever of good reaches you, is from Allah, but whatever of evil befalls you is from yourself. And We have sent you as a Messenger to mankind, and Allah is Sufficient as a Witness." [Ref: 4:79] “I have been given words which are concise but comprehensive in meaning; I have been helped by terror (in the hearts of enemies): spoils have been made lawful to me: the earth has been made for me clean and a place of worship; I have been sent to all mankind and the line of prophets is closed with me. [Ref: Muslim B4, H1062]  Allah (subhanahu wa ta’ala) states, saying to mankind: “Indeed, We have sent to you a Messenger as a witness upon you just as We sent to Pharaoh a messenger.” [Ref: 73:15] In another verse Allah (subhanahu wa ta’ala) addresses Prophet (sallallahu alayhi wa aalihi was’sallam) saying: “O Prophet! Truly We have sent you as a Witness, a Bearer of Glad Tidings, and Warner." [Ref: 33:45] This establishes Prophet (sallallahu alayhi wa aalihi was’sallam) is witness to deeds of mankind like Prophet Musa (alayhis salaam) was witnessing the deeds of Pharaoh.

Conclusion:

It is evident from the Hadith, the life of Prophet (sallallahu alayhi wa aalihi was’sallam) in his grave is of body and he himself hears the recitation of blessings recited for him. Prophet (sallallahu alayhi wa aalihi was’sallam) being hearing and seeing type of Shahid (i.e. Hadhir and Nazir) is explicitly and textually established from the text of Quran. Just as Allah (subhanahu wa ta’ala) all-knowing, all-seeing, all-hearing, is established. Presentation of actions to Allah (subhanahu wa ta’ala) by angels does not and cannot refute Islamic belief that Allah (subhanahu wa ta’ala) is all-seeing, all-hearing, and all-knowing. So cannot the presentation of blessings and actions to Prophet (sallallahu alayhi wa aalihi was’sallam) be valid argument against Prophet’s (sallallahu alayhi wa aalihi was’sallam) station of Shahid (i.e. Hadhir and Nazir). Point worth noting and remembering is; beliefs which are explicitly and textually stated in Quran cannot be refuted and should not be refuted with reasoned arguments and one who does so achieves nothing but destruction of his Eman.

Wama Alayna Ilal BalaghulMubeen
Muhammed Ali Razavi.

Footnote:

- [1] The Hadith has been recorded in Musnad Abu Yala, here. Same Hadith is also recorded in Majma’az Zawa’id, here.

- [2] This translation is based on Urdu translation hence literal accuracy maybe bit off but the correct meanings have been conveyed. This Hadith is recorded by Ibn Qayyim in his Jala Al Afham, Imam Sakhawi (rahimullah) recorded it in his Al Qawl Al Badi’h, Ibn Hajr Al Haythmi (rahimullah) in his A l Darul Mandood. All references these references are available in Arabic, here.

Edited by MuhammedAli

بحث میں حصہ لیں

آپ ابھی پوسٹ کرکے بعد میں رجسٹر ہوسکتے ہیں۔ اگر آپ پہلے سے رجسٹرڈ ہیں تو سائن اِن کریں اور اپنے اکاؤنٹ سے پوسٹ کریں۔
نوٹ: آپ کی پوسٹ ناظم کی اجازت کے بعد نظر آئے گی۔

اس ٹاپک پر جواب دیں

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• حالیہ دیکھنے والے   0 اراکین

• کوئی رجسٹرڈ رُکن اس صفحے کو نہیں دیکھ رہا