Hadith Distortion Series: - Abdullah Ibn Umar Understood Iraq To Be Najd – Because He Applied The East To Iraqis.

MuhammedAli

تجویز کردہ جواب

Introduction:

According to Ahadith a group of Satan was to emerge from Najd and another Hadith indicates this group was to emerge from East of Madinah. This group of Satan is unanimously agreed by all factions is the sect of Khawarij. Muslims believe Najd is in Saudi Arabia, East of Makkah and Madinah. The opponents of Islam argue, depending on the individual, Najd is in Iraq, or Najd is a place in Iraq. Muhammad bin Abdul Wahhab the founder of Khariji sect popularly known as the Wahhabism was born in popularly known and established central Saudi region of Najd. Hence his supporters attempt to divert criticism to vindicate the founder of Wahhabism by arguing Najd is in Iraq, or Najd is Iraq. Note, Muslims do not negate the emergence of Khawarij from Iraq. Rather we affirm that Khawarij emerged from Iraq but the Ahadith of Najd and in which Prophet (sallallahu alayhi wa aalihi was’sallam) pointed toward the direction of East do not apply to Iraq.

The Foundation Of Anti-Islam Elements Argument:

“Narrated Ibn Abi Nu'm: A person asked `Abdullah bin `Umar whether a Muslim could kill flies. I heard him saying (in reply). "The people of Iraq are asking about the killing of flies while they themselves murdered the son of the daughter of Allah's Messenger. The Prophet said, They are my two sweet basils in this world." [Ref: Bukhari, B57, H96] “Narrated Ibn Abi Na'm: I was present when a man asked Ibn Umar about the blood of mosquitoes. Ibn Umar said, "From where are you?" The man replied. "From Iraq." Ibn `Umar said, "Look at that! he is asking me about the blood of Mosquitoes while they (the Iraqis ) have killed the (grand) son of the Prophet. I have heard the Prophet saying, "They (Hasan and Husain) are my two sweet-smelling flowers in this world." [Ref: Bukhari, B73, H23] “Ibn Fudail reported on the authority of his father that he heard Salim b. 'Abdullah b. 'Umar as saying: O people of Iraq, how strange it is that you ask about the minor sins but commit major sins? I heard from my father 'Abdullah b. 'Umar, narrating that he heard Allah's Messenger as saying while pointing his hand towards the east: Verily. the turmoil would come from this side, from where appear the group of Satan and you would strike the necks of one another; and Moses killed a person from among the people of Pharaoh unintentionally and Allah, the Exalted and Glorious, said: "You killed a person but We relieved you from the grief and tried you with (many a) trial." (xx. 40). Ahmad b. Umar reported this hadith from Salim, but he did not make a mention of the words: "I heard". [Ref: Muslim, B41, H6943]

Position Of Opponents Of Islam On The Hadith:

Abdullah Ibn Umar (radiallah ta’ala anhu) applied the words of Prophet (sallallahu alayhi wa aalihi was’sallam) upon people of Iraq. This is why he adressed the Iraqi man and quoted the following part of Hadith: “…heard Allah's Messenger as saying while pointing his hand towards the east: …” He was in better position to understand what Prophet (sallallahu alayhi wa aalihi was’sallam) meant when he pointed toward East.

Explaining The Hadith Of Iraqis – Horn of Satan Toward East:

Hadith in question states: “I heard from my father 'Abdullah b. 'Umar, narrating that he heard Allah's Messenger as saying while pointing his hand towards the east: …“ According to the Hadith, Prophet (sallallahu alayhi wa aalihi was’sallam) pointed toward the East to indicate the direction from which group of Satan will emerge. Another Hadith establishes Najd is the name of region from where it would emerge: “Narrated Ibn 'Umar: (The Prophet) said, "O Allah! Bless our Sham and our Yemen." People said, "Our Najd as well." The Prophet again said, "O Allah! Bless our Sham and Yemen." They said again, "Our Najd as well." On that the Prophet said, "There will appear earthquakes and afflictions, and from there will come out the side of the group of Satan." [Ref: Bukhari, B17, H147] All we need to establish is where the Prophet (sallallahu alayhi wa aalihi was’sallam) was positioned to precisely know the location of Najd. If he was in Northern most boundary of Saudi Arabia then Najd is Iraq. If he was situated in UAE then the East would be Iran, Pakistani, and Afhganistan, etc. If he was in Madinah on the Minbar (i.e. pulpit) of Masjid Nabvi and he pointed toward East then he would be pointing toward region of Saudi capital Riyadh. According to the Hadith Prophet (sallallahu alayhi wa aalihi was’sallam) was sitting on the pulpit of Masjid Nabvi and he stood up and pointed toward East, the direction of sunrise, and said group of Satan will emerge from that direction: “Narrated Salim's father: The Prophet stood up beside the pulpit and said, "Afflictions are there! Afflictions are there, from the side where group of Satan will come out," or said, "... the side of the sun [rise] ..." [Ref: Bukhari, B88, H212] Another Hadith establishes Prophet (sallallahu alayhi wa aalihi was’sallam) pointed toward the direction of house of Hadhrat Aysha (radiallah ta’ala anha) when he informed about emergence of group of Satan. Note, house of Hadhrat Aysha (radiallah ta’ala anha) is where he was laid to rest. It is stated in the Hadith: Narrated 'Abdullah: The Prophet stood up and delivered a sermon, and pointing to 'Aisha's house, he said thrice, "Affliction (will appear from) here," and, "from the side, where Satan's head will come out." [Ref: Bukhari, B53, H336] All this evidence comes togather to establish, Prophet (sallallahu alayhi wa aalihi was’sallam) was seating on pulpit of masjid Nabvi, from there he pointed toward East, the direction of sunrise, the direction Aysha’s (radiallah ta’ala anha) house to indicate the direction of Najd. If one consults google map, locates Madinah, from there gets a general direction of East, it would pretty accurately point toward Saudi capital Riyadh. And Islamic position is Najd is area surrounding the modern Saudi capital of Riyadh. Following article is crucial to understanding the direction toward which Prophet (sallallahu alayhi wa aalihi was’sallam) pointed and where Najd is, here. The pictures and maps in this article speak more then my million words. In this case, seeing indeed is believing. Alhasil, Iraq is not East and definitely not the direction toward which Prophet (sallallahu alayhi wa aalihi was’sallam) pointed toward. And it is established that Najd is in Arabia, region surrounding Riyadh and this is where Wahhabism emerged.

What Abdullah Ibn Umar Actually Stated:

Abdullah Ibn Umar (radiallah ta’ala anhu) stated that Prophet (sallallahu alayhi wa aalihi was’sallam) pointed toward East, the direction of Najd and said: “Verily. the turmoil would come from this side, from where appear the group of Satan and you would strike the necks of one another. What Abdullah Ibn Umar (radiallah ta’ala anhu) has stated is that Prophet (sallallahu alayhi wa aalihi was’sallam) had foretold about the emergence of group of Satan from Eastern side of Madinah and as a result you the Sahabah/Iraqis and the group of Satan i.e. Khawarij would engage in war, killing each other. There is nothing to indicate that he considered Iraq in East of Madinah, or Iraq as Najd. Nor there is indication that he deemed the Iraqis to be Khawarij. The opponents of Islam are misconstruing a statement of companion to make their ends meet. In fact Hadith from Sahih of Imam Muslim establishes the group closer to the truth would kill the Khawarij i.e. group of Satan. And same Hadith explicitly states the ones who have killed them are Iraqis: “Abu Sa'id al-Khudri said that the Apostle of Allah made a mention of a sect that would be among his Ummah which would emerge out of the dissension of the people. Their distinctive mark would be shaven heads. They would be the worst creatures or the worst of the creatures. The group who would be nearer to the truth out of the two would kill them. The Apostle of Allah gave an example (to give their description) or he said: A man throws an arrow at the prey (or he said at the target), and sees at its iron head, but finds no sign (of blood there), or he sees at the lowest end, but would not see or find any sign (of blood there). He would then see into the grip but would not find (anything) sticking to it. Abu Sai'd then said: People of Iraq it is you who have killed them.” [Ref: Muslim, B5, H2324] This clearly refutes the allegation that Khawarij emerged from Iraq or the Iraqis were [the very first] Khawarij. Reality is, the Iraqis were part of army of Ali (radiallah ta’ala anhu) and it was them who killed the members belonging to group of Satan in battle at Nahrawan.

Khawarij Emerged From Banu Tamim Situated In East Of Madinah In Najd:

Hadith which the opponent of Islam quoted is being quoted again: “Ibn Fudail reported on the authority of his father that he heard Salim b. 'Abdullah b. 'Umar as saying: O people of Iraq, how strange it is that you ask about the minor sins but commit major sins? I heard from my father 'Abdullah b. 'Umar, narrating that he heard Allah's Messenger as saying while pointing his hand towards the east: Verily. the turmoil would come from this side, from where appear the group of Satan and you would strike the necks of one another; and Moses killed a person from among the people of Pharaoh unintentionally and Allah, the Exalted and Glorious, said: "You killed a person but We relieved you from the grief and tried you with (many a) trial." (xx. 40). Ahmad b. Umar reported this hadith from Salim, but he did not make a mention of the words: "I heard". [Ref: Muslim, B41, H6943] Hadith indicates the Khawarij and the Muslims will strike necks of each other in battle. Following Hadith adds details: “Narrated Abu Sa'id:While the Prophet was distributing (something, 'Abdullah bin Dhil Khawaisira At-Tamimi came and said, "Be just, O Allah's Apostle!" The Prophet said, "Woe to you ! Who would be just if I were not?" 'Umar bin Al-Khattab said, "Allow me to cut off his neck!" The Prophet said, " Leave him, for he has companions, and if you compare your prayers with their prayers and your fasting with theirs, you will look down upon your prayers and fasting, in comparison to theirs. Yet they will go out of the religion as an arrow darts through the game's body in which case, … These people will appear when there will be differences among the people (Muslims)." Abu Sa'id added: I testify that I heard this from the Prophet and also testify that 'Ali killed those people while I was with him. The man with the description given by the Prophet was brought to 'Ali. The following Verses were revealed in connection with that very person (i.e., 'Abdullah bin Dhil-Khawaisira At-Tarnimi): 'And among them are men who accuse you (O Muhammad) in the matter of (the distribution of) the alms.'” [Ref: Bukhari, B84, H67] The group of Khawarij appeared when there was differences/disagreement between Muslims between Muawiyah (radiallah ta’ala anhu) and Ali (radiallah ta’ala anhu), and their followers. Hadith also goes on to establish, the group closer to truth, the followers of Ali (radiallah ta’ala anhu), killed the members of group of Satan and amongst the killed were Dhil Al Khawaisirah at-Tamimi. Abdullah Ibn Dhil Khuwaisirah, was from Banu Tamim, hence appellation, Tamimi. Hadith also points he had companions/followers. Note, following map is taken from Saudi published Atlas, it indicates where tribe of Banu Tamim was situated in East of Madinah, here. This establishes, Dhil Khuwaisirah of Banu Tamim tribe and his followers, marched from their native land of Najd, situated in central Saudi Arabia, area surrounding Riyadh, from East of Madinah, went into Iraq, fought against Ali (radiallah ta’ala anhu) and all died at the hands of Iraqis, including the leader, Dhil Khuwaisirah at-Tamimi, here. Overall it has been established that the man power of Khawarij (i.e. group of Satan) was from area surrounding Saudi capital, Riyadh and emerged as a distinct sect whose teaching contradicted that of Prophet (sallallahu alayhi wa aalihi was’sallam) and his companions.

Conclusion:

Prophet (sallallahu alayhi wa aalihi was’sallam) was sitting on pulpit of Masjid Nabvi, pointed toward East, Najd, toward the house of Aysha (radiallah ta’ala anha), pointed toward the direction of sunrise, toward the tribe of Dhil Khuwaisirah at-Tamimi, and pointed toward followers of Dhil Khuwaisirah at-Tamimi and declared them to be horn of Satan. These minions of Iblees then marched from Najd and fought against Ali (radiallah ta’ala anhu) at Nahrawan which resulted in death of all except few. In other words Najd was place of origin for Khawarij, Syria is where they earned the title Khariji, because they seperated from the Jammah of companions, and Iraq was the place where they fought and met their end. Prophet said regarding Khawarij they will continue to emerge until Dajjal appears amongst them. Due to Jawami Al Kalim (i.e.
the shortest expression carrying the widest meanings) nature of prophetic words the Ahadith of Khawarij emerging from East/Najd also apply to latter group of Khawarij which was to emerged from posterity of Dhil Khuwaisirah at-Tamimi. Apart from the very first sect of Khawarij – comprimised of Dhil Khuwaisirah and his followers - the Ahadith also establish emergence of another group of Satan to emerge from posterity of Dhil Khuwaisirah at-Tamimi and it can be read, here. This group is none other then what is popularly known as Wahhabism. Note, Shaykh Muhammad bin Abdul Wahhab lived was born in Najd - Uyaynah, later he moved to Dirriyah. Both these places are pretty close to the direction which Prophet (sallallahu alayhi wa aalihi was’sallam) pointed toward. Najdi Shaykh, started his mission from Najd - mission of eradicating what he percieved to be polytheism and polytheists. Hence the Ahadith pointing to out the direction from which group of Satan will emerge also apply to him and his group of Shayateen.

Wama alayna ilal balaghul mubeen.
Muhammed Ali Razavi.

بحث میں حصہ لیں

آپ ابھی پوسٹ کرکے بعد میں رجسٹر ہوسکتے ہیں۔ اگر آپ پہلے سے رجسٹرڈ ہیں تو سائن اِن کریں اور اپنے اکاؤنٹ سے پوسٹ کریں۔
نوٹ: آپ کی پوسٹ ناظم کی اجازت کے بعد نظر آئے گی۔

اس ٹاپک پر جواب دیں

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• حالیہ دیکھنے والے   0 اراکین

• کوئی رجسٹرڈ رُکن اس صفحے کو نہیں دیکھ رہا