Elaborating Why Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi Wa Aalihi Was’Sallam) Feared Somethings For His Ummah And Why Not The Others.

MuhammedAli

تجویز کردہ جواب

Introduction:

There are numerous Ahadith in which Prophet (sallallahu alayhi wa aalihi was’sallam) said to have feared things for his Ummah and others which he did not fear. This is explanation of some of those Ahadith.

Ahadith Of What Prophet Does And Doesn’t Fear:

“Mahmud bin Labid narrated that the Messenger of Allah said: “The thing I fear most for you is the lesser shirk, showing-off (of good deeds).” ‘Related by [Imam] Ahmad [Bin Hanbal in his Musnad] with a good chain of narrators.’ [Ref: Bulugh Al Maram, B16, H1527] “ So the the Messenger of Allah (s.a.w) performed the Salat and when he finished, they assembled before him. The Messenger of Allah (s.a.w) smiled when he saw them, then he said: 'I think that you heard that Abu 'Ubaidah has arrived with something?' They said: 'Yes O Messenger of Allah! 'He said: 'Then receive good news, and hope for what will please you. By Allah! It is not poverty that I fear for you, but what I fear for you is that the world will be presented for you just as it was presented for those before you, then you will compete for it, just as they competed for it, and it will destroy you, just as it destroyed them.'” [Ref: Tirmadhi, B11, H2462] “Once the Prophet went out and offered the funeral prayers for the martyrs of Uhud, and then went to the pulpit and said, "I am a predecessor for you and I am a witness for you: and by Allah, I am looking at my Fount just now, and the keys of the treasures of the earth (or the keys of the earth) have been given to me: and by Allah, I am not afraid that you will commit Shirk after me, but I am afraid that you will strive and struggle against each other over these treasures of the world.” [Ref: Bukhari, B76, H590]

Three Essential Principles:

i) What Prophet (sallallahu alayhi wa aalihi was’sallam) does not fear, is for two reasons, a) it will not take place, b ) or it may take place, and if it does, it will not negatively impact on Eman (i.e. faith) and Amaal (i.e. actions) of a significant majority. ii) What Prophet (sallallahu alayhi wa aalihi was’sallam) fears because it will be a major Fitnah in his Ummah and it will negatively impact on Eman (i.e. faith) and Amaal (i.e. actions) of his followers. iii) If Prophet (sallallahu alayhi wa aalihi was’sallam) fears a tribulation more then another, he fears it more because it will cause greater harm to Eman and Amaal, of his Ummah.

Two – Explaining: I Fear Most For You Is The Lesser Shirk:

Allah (subhanahu wa ta’ala) has stated in: "So woe to the worshippers, who are neglectful of their prayers. Those who want to be seen (by men)." [Ref: 107:4/6] Prophet (sallallahu alayhi wa aalihi was’sallam) has termed desire to be seen by others as, hidden Shirk – Performing of prayers to show-off sincerity, submission, in worship: “We said: ‘Yes.’He said: ‘Hidden polytheism, when a man stands to pray and makes it look good because he sees a man looking at him.’” [Ref: Ibn Majah, B37, H4204] Prophet (sallallahu alayhi wa aalihi was’sallam) is reported to have said – that he feared hidden/lesser for his Muslim Ummah: “Mahmud bin Labid narrated that the Messenger of Allah said: “The thing I fear most for you is the lesser shirk, showing-off.” ‘Related by [Imam] Ahmad [Bin Hanbal in his Musnad] with a good chain of narrators.’ [Ref: Bulugh Al Maram, B16, H1527]  He feared minor/lesser Shirk more then tribulation of Dajjal: “It was narrated that Abu Sa’eed said: “The Messenger of Allah came out to us when we were discussing Dajjal and said: ‘Shall I not tell you of that which I fear more for you than Dajjal?’ We said: ‘Yes.’He said: ‘Hidden polytheism, when a man stands to pray and makes it look good because he sees a man looking at him.’” [Ref: Ibn Majah, B37, H4204] He feared it more then tribulation of Al Massih Al-Dajjal because of it good deeds are invalidated. Allah (subhanahu wa ta’ala) has stated: "To whomsever desires the life of this world and its glitter, We shall pay [the price of] their deeds therein - without decrease. They are those for whom there is nothing in the Hereafter except the Fire: Vain are their deeds therein" [Ref: 11:15/16] The life of this world includes; wealth, its enjoyments, and praise and approval of people in doing good – hence the deeds in which ar-Riya was part of will be nullified. In an Hadith Qudsi it is recorded that Allah (subhanahu wa ta’ala) stated: I am the One, One Who does not stand in need of a partner. If anyone does anything in which he associates anyone else with Me, I shall abandon him with one whom he associates with Allah.” [Ref: Muslim,  B42, H7114] Prophet (sallallahu alayhi wa aalihi was’sallam) is reported to have said regarding those who committed Shirk of ar-Riya: “Verily, what I fear most for you is the lesser idolatry.” And he elaborated, “It is showing off. Allah the Exalted will say to them (who show off), on the Day of Resurrection when the people are being rewarded for their deeds: Go to those whom you wished to show off in the world and look for your reward with them.” [Ref: Musnad Ahmad, H23119] In other words, Allah (subhanahu wa ta’ala) will abandon him telling the committer of Shirk ar-Riya to go and seek the reward of good deed/deeds from whom he intended to please. Allah (subhanahu wa ta’ala) the Only, the One, rewards for good deeds and punishes, hence even if he goes to the person, he will not be able to reward him.

Three – Explaining: I Do Not Fear Poverty For You:

Prophet (sallallahu alayhi wa aalihi was’sallam) has stated, he does not fear poverty for his Ummah but he feared wealth which would destroy his Ummah: “ So the the Messenger of Allah (s.a.w) performed the Salat and when he finished, they assembled before him. The Messenger of Allah (s.a.w) smiled when he saw them, then he said: 'I think that you heard that Abu 'Ubaidah has arrived with something?' They said: 'Yes O Messenger of Allah! 'He said: 'Then receive good news, and hope for what will please you. By Allah! It is not poverty that I fear for you, but what I fear for you is that the world will be presented for you just as it was presented for those before you, then you will compete for it, just as they competed for it, and it will destroy you, just as it destroyed them.'” [Ref: Tirmadhi, B11, H2462] Poverty: When Prophet (sallallahu alayhi wa aalihi was’sallam) says, he does not fear something, it implies it is not going to damage the Eman and Amaal of Ummah as whole – in this case poverty. Poverty by itself is a negative but it does not harm the religion infact it brings the poverty stricken to Allah (subhanahu wa ta’ala) because it is means of alleviating it: “Abu Hurairah narrated that the Messenger of Allah said: "Indeed Allah, Most High said: 'O son of Adam! Devote yourself to My worship, I will fill your chest with riches and alleviate your poverty. And if you do not do so, then I will fill your hands with problems and not alleviate your poverty.'” [Ref: Tirmadhi, B11, H2466] Riches: It is established the wealthy ones abandon religion and God. We can see the effect of wealth on our lives. How it has distanced Muslims from the religion and brought us into sin. Wealth will introduce gradual secularisation of Muslim world until action on practical aspects, Prayers, Fasting, Pilgrimage, Charity will altogathered abandoned by Ummah as whole. Prophet (sallallahu alayhi wa aalihi was’sallam) has foretold: “Ka'b bin 'Iyad narrated that the Prophet said: "Indeed there is a fitnah for every Ummah, and the Fitnah for my Ummah is wealth." [Ref: Tirmadhi, B10, H2336] Prophet (sallallahu alayhi wa aalihi was’sallam) has stated: “The Messenger of Allah said: ‘The likeness of this nation is that of four people: A man to whom Allah gives wealth and knowledge, so he acts according to his knowledge with regard to his wealth, spending it as it should be spent; a man to whom Allah gives knowledge, but he does not give him wealth, so he says: “If I had been given (wealth) like this one, I would have done what (the first man) did.” The Messenger of Allah said: ‘They will be equal in reward. And a man to whom Allah gives wealth but does not give knowledge, so he squanders his wealth and spends it in inappropriate ways; and a man to whom Allah gives neither knowledge nor wealth, and he says: “If I had (wealth) like this one, I would do what (the third man) did.” The Messenger of Allah said: ‘They are equal in their burden (of sin).’” [Ref: Ibn Majah, B37, H4228] Note, considering this Hadith wealth is not Fitnah (i.e. tribulation) if wealth is used appropriately according to teaching of Islam. It is only Fitnah if it is used for Haram, or Kufr, or Shirk, or sinful activities. Hence when Prophet (sallallahu alayhi wa aalihi was’sallam) said it will be Fitnah. He meant wealth will be used inappropriately – alcahol, drugs, prostitutions, TV, immodest dress, wasting wealth, etc. Note the Hadith of Tirmadhi states: “… but what I fear for you is that the world will be presented for you just as it was presented for those before you, then you will compete for it, just as they competed for it, and it will destroy you, just as it destroyed them” Wealth will destroy the Ummah Muslimah like it destroyed the previous nations. The Hadith states, Ummahs before us were Jews and Christians: “Narrated Abu Sa`id Al-Khudri: The Prophet said, "You will follow the ways of those nations who were before you, span by span and cubit by cubit (i.e., inch by inch) so much so that even if they entered a hole of a mastigure, you would follow them." We said, "O Allah's Messenger! (Do you mean) the Jews and the Christians?" He said, "Whom else?" [Ref: Bukhari, B92, H 422] Prophet (sallallahu alayhi wa aalihi was’salalm) said we will follow collective ways of Jews and Christians – in my own words – inch by inch, centimetre by centimetre. In light of Hadith of Bukhari, reference to previous nations was, to Jewish and Christian nations. Now in this context, wealth completely destroyed the religious practices of Jews and Christians. This was result of wealth which gradualy secularised followers of these two religions and nearly eliminated effect of their religions upon Jews and Christians. Majority of followers of these religions are only nominal Christians/Jews. Therefore as wealth gradually creeps into Muslim world and poverty lifts secularisation will begin to take hold as it is already happening. Eventually Muslims will be nominal Muslims like the Jews and Christians are at present. With little to no knowledge of their religion. Until the state of Ummah reaches a level where one reciting Shahadah will not know what it means, he will say I heard my parents say this and Prophet (sallallahu alayhi wa aalihi was’sallam) said, in that times it will be enough for his forgiveness.

Four - Explaining: I Am Not Afraid You Will Commit Shirk After Me:

Prophet (sallallahu alayhi wa aalihi was’sallam) is reported to have said: “… and by Allah, I am looking at my Fount just now, and the keys of the treasures of the earth (or the keys of the earth) have been given to me: and by Allah, I am not afraid that you will commit Shirk after me, but I am afraid that you will strive and struggle against each other over these treasures of the world.” [Ref: Bukhari, B76, H590] He does not fear that, we as whole Ummah, will commit [major] Shirk after him, meaning, after his departure from earthly life. He did not fear it because the harm of it will equale to taking of a drop from an ocean. And precisely this is established. Throughout fourteen centuries number of apostates from Islam have been so miniscule that it is as if there were no apostates from Islam. He feared, Muslims competing against each other for wealth of world. In centuries past effect of wealth was miniscule on practicing of religion because Ummah as whole was not wealthy enough to have leasure time. But at present, dessert rabble, the bandits of Najd, the naked, bare-footed, destitute, and sheperds are competing for tallest building titles. At present, the competition has just started. Ummah is beginning to horde the wealth. Effects of which are evident, to keep a job Salah has to be abandoned, especially in Europe/America. With wealth other evils have crept into lives of Muslims. TV and related Media, one of the greatest Fitnah of modern times, and most destructive weapon of Iblees against Muslims. In modern world, possession of wealth leads to secularisation and immitation of collective Jewish and Christian achievements in dress, language, moral philosophy, behaviour, and eating habbits. Prophet (sallallahu alayhi wa aalihi was’sallam) is reported to have foretold that Muslims will immitate the Jews and Christians so deligently until they resemble them: “Narrated Abu Sa`id Al-Khudri: The Prophet said, "You will follow the ways of those nations who were before you, span by span and cubit by cubit (i.e., inch by inch) so much so that even if they entered a hole of a mastigure, you would follow them." We said, "O Allah's Messenger! (Do you mean) the Jews and the Christians?" He said, "Whom else?" [Ref: Bukhari, B92, H 422] T-Shirt and Trouser has already replaced the traditional dress of Muslims. Traditionally the Muslim women wore more modest clothes then men but at present trend of, tightest jeans, thinest material, and see through t-shirt is becoming popular amongst them. And those men/women who had oppurtunity to attend a university, or even a college speak the language of trend, sophistication, education, civilisation, and seem too eager to do away with native language of lands, and parents, and religion, thinking them to be languages, moral, dress sense, religion of foolish illiterate medieval barbaric barbarians. Prophet (sallallahu alayhi wa aalihi was’sallam) is reported to have said: “It was narrated that ‘Abd-Allaah ibn ‘Umar said: The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Whoever imitates a people is one of them.” [Ref: Abu Dawood, B, H3512] In light of modern context, the harm of wealth to Ummah as whole is evident and as it increases to the level where a righeous man will struggle to find a person to whom he gives his charity, the practice of religion will disappear along side it. Until the book of Allah (subhanahu wa ta’ala) remains but those who know how to understand it and know the practical aspects are so little in number that it would be as if they don’t exist. Religion will retreat back to Madinah.

Conclusion:

Prophet (sallallahu alayhi wa aalihi was’sallam) feared minor Shirk more then tribulation of Al Massih Al-Dajjal because it nullifies the good deed committed in which it is part of. Ar-Riya is a major tribulation in which only few in the Ummah are free off. The vast majority of people have fallen into this minor Shirk and it nullifies their good deeds. Prophet (sallallahu alayhi wa aalihi was’sallam) told that as time progresses the good deeds of people will decrease and a major contributor to this is ar-Riya. Prophet (sallallahu alayhi wa aalihi was’sallam) not fearing major Shirk is proof that Ummah as whole was and is in no danger of falling into major Shirk. He feared tribulation of wealth because it is this tribulation which has in past, currently is, and will continue to strip off the religion of Islam of Muslims. And it was for this reason he warned the Muslims regarding the tribulation of wealth.

Wama alayna ilal balaghul mubeen
Muhammed Ali Razavi

بحث میں حصہ لیں

آپ ابھی پوسٹ کرکے بعد میں رجسٹر ہوسکتے ہیں۔ اگر آپ پہلے سے رجسٹرڈ ہیں تو سائن اِن کریں اور اپنے اکاؤنٹ سے پوسٹ کریں۔
نوٹ: آپ کی پوسٹ ناظم کی اجازت کے بعد نظر آئے گی۔

اس ٹاپک پر جواب دیں

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• حالیہ دیکھنے والے   0 اراکین

• کوئی رجسٹرڈ رُکن اس صفحے کو نہیں دیکھ رہا