Knowledge Of The Unseen

Abdullah Yusuf

تجویز کردہ جواب

Knowledge of Unseen (In the light of Quran and Sunnah)

Ahlus-Sunna wa'l Jam'ah believe that Allah has given the knowledge of  Ghayb (unseen) to His Prophet (may Allah bless him and grant him peace), and that it is also permissible to say that our Prophet (may Allah bless him and grant him peace) knows the knowledge of the Ghayb. However, it is not possible nor permissible rather it is Kufr to say that the Prophet's (may Allah bless him and grant him peace) knowledge of the Ghayb is equal to that of Allah - or even like the knowledge of Allah, since Allah's knowledge is His own and the Prophet's (may Allah bless him and grant him peace) knowledge has been given/granted to him by Allah.

The Ahlus Sunnah Wa'l Jama'ah also believes that our Holy Prophet (sallal laahu alaihi wasallam), after being informed by Allah Ta'ala, is aware of everything that happened and will happen (Being a Makhlooq i.e. Plus he keeps on learning more and more about Dhaat and Sifaat of Allah hence knowledge is increasing every single moment for Prophet, whereas this cannot be applicable to Allah's knowledge which is from Azl and till Abad)

Categories in knowledge of Unseen 

A) Dhaati & Atai'i [Personal & Bestowed]

B) Kulli & Baadh' [Total & Partial]

1: Dhaati Ilm ul Ghayb  - [Personal Knowledge Of Ghayb] is of ALLAH Ta'ala alone, It is He who has the knowledge of Ghayb by His "OWN SELF" and no one has taught Him, revealed to Him, shown Him, nor has He learnt it with passage of time rather He has it from Awal to Akhir. This is the knowledge of Unseen which has been made Khaas (specific) with Allah in Quran at many places.

2: Atai'i Ilm ul Ghayb - [bestowed Knowledge Of Ghayb] is of RasoolAllah (صلی اللہ علیھ وآلھ وسلم), he was given this knowledge by Allah, he himself did not know it, but Allah Ta'ala bestowed the knowledge of Ghayb on him, this knowledge of Unseen is also mentioned at many places in Qur'an so rejection any of these two or having confusion by mixing these two together is a fallacy.

3: Kulli Ilm ul Ghayb  - [Total Knowledge Of Ghayb] is of Allah Ta'ala alone, it is He who knows everything in his creation and what was before the creation, no creation of Allah knows as much as Allah tallah knows, Allah knows absolutely EVERY GHAYB, nothing what so ever is hidden from Him, however when it is referred to Prophet (Peace be upon him) then it only means in "REFERENCE TO MAKHLOOQ NOT KHALIQ"

4: Ba'adh Ilm ul Ghayb  - [Partial Knowledge Of Ghayb] is of RasoolAllah (صلی اللہ علیھ وآلھ وسلم), Allah Ta'ala gave limited, partial, some, knowledge of Ghayb to RasoolAllah (صلی اللہ علیھ وآلھ وسلم)What ever Ghayb RasoolAllah (صلی اللہ علیھ وآلھ وسلم) knows, revealed, prophecised, is in the category of 'Partial'. For no creation of Allah can know as much as Allah, not even RasoolAllah (صلی اللہ علیھ وآلھ وسلم) not even Al Lawh Al Mahfooz

Key Points

● Some Verses Of Qur'an refer To Dhaati [Personel] Knowledge Of Ghayb

● Some Verses of Qur'an refer To Atai'i Knowledge Of Ghayb,

Some Verses refer To Kulli [Total, Absolute] knowledge of Ghayb,

Some Verses refer to Ba'adh [Partial] Knowledge Of Ghayb,

Verses referring to Allah's Knowledge of Ghayb are Dhaati & Kulli, verses referring to creations knowledge are Atai'i & Baadh.

● Prophets(صلی اللہ علیھ وآلھ وسلم) Knowledge Was/Is Not Same At All The Times, It Increases/Increased Gradually

In some Cases ' the verses and hadiths of Earler period are abrogated by later period verses and hadiths.

In some Verses Of The Qur'an Prophet {Peace be upon him} Is commanded To Be humble

● In other Verses his deep qualities are mentioned strongly.

The Prophet (صلی اللہ علیھ وآلھ وسلم)'s knowledge of unseen is greater than all creations of Allah, but in no way equal to Allah, however Allah has granted him (صلی اللہ علیھ وآلھ وسلم) knowledge of every thing in the universe. Remember Allah has no limits (unlike what Bin Baaz Wahabi believed that Allah has a limit, Naudhobillah. It is they the wahabis who limit Allah's knowledge not us Ahlus Sunnah wa'l Jammah) and His knowledge cannot be comprehended even if all oceans were ink and all trees were Pens. Hence in no way is Prophet (صلی اللہ علیھ وآلھ وسلم) being compared to Allah as some ignorant claim. 

1. Allah azza Wajjal says in Qur'an:

"He (alone) knows the Unseen, nor does He make any one acquainted with His Mysteries Except an apostle whom He has chosen: and then He makes a band of watchers march before him and behind him" (72:26/27)

Shaykh ul Islam Ibn Hajr al Asqalani (rah) quotes al-Qurtubi (rah) saying:

The truthful, righteous Muslim (al-muslim al-sadiq al-salih) is he whose state matches that of Prophets and thereby is bestowed (ukrima) some of the same kind of gift they were, and that is to behold the unseen (wa huwa al-ittila` `ala al-ghayb).
 As for the disbeliever (al-kafir), the corrupt person (al-fasiq), and the contentious one who confuses matters for the listeners (al-mikhlat)-- then no

Reference: Al-Qurtubi as quoted by Ibn Hajar in Fath al-Bari (1989 ed.) 12:449.

2. Allah azza Wajjal says in Qur'an:

وَعَلَّمَكَ مَا لَمْ تَكُنْ تَعْلَمُ وَكَانَ فَضْلُ اللّهِ عَلَيْكَ عَظِيمًا

Allah has sent down to you the Book and Wisdom and has taught to you what you did not know, and great is the grace of Allah upon you" [sura an-Nisa, verse 113]

Imam Jalal udin Suyuti Writes:

مِنْ الْأَحْكَام وَالْغَيْب

Translation: (Taught to you what you did not know) means that Allah Most High has told the Prophet (may Allah bless him and grant him peace) of Ahkam and Unseen.

Imam Ibn Jarir at-Tabari writes under this verse:

وقوله: {وَأَنزَلَ ٱللَّهُ عَلَيْكَ ٱلْكِتَـٰبَ وَٱلْحِكْمَةَ} يقول: ومن فضل الله عليك يا محمد مع سائر ما تفضل به عليك من نعمه، أنه أنزل عليك الكتاب، وهو القرآن الذي فيه بيان كل شيء، وهدى وموعظة، {وَٱلْحِكْمَةَ} : يعني وأنزل عليك مع الكتاب الحكمة، وهي ما كان في الكتاب مجملاً ذكره، من حلاله وحرامه، وأمره ونهيه وأحكامه، ووعده ووعيده. {وَعَلَّمَكَ مَا لَمْ تَكُن تَعْلَمُۚ} من خبر الأوّلين والآخرين، وما كان، وما هو كائن قبل، ذلك من فضل الله عليك يا محمد مذ خلقك، فاشكره

(The following is a rough Translation due to very deep and spiritual explanation by Imam at-Tabri):

Allah saying of Allah: {
Allah has sent down to you the Book and Wisdom} This is Allah's Fadhl (Bestowed Grace) upon you O Muhammad (Salallaho alaihi wasalam) among all other graces upon you, this bounty is superior. He revealed unto you the Kitaab which is al-Qur'an containing "MENTION OF EVERYTHING" and guidance and admonition.  {The wisdom} meaning He revealed unto you along with Kitaab also Wisdom... {Taught you what you did not know} which includes "NEWS OF FIRST MOST AND LAST MOST" of what was and it is regarding what had happened before. That is the grace of Allah upon you O Muhammad (Peace be upon you) in creation, so THANK HIM!...

Reference: Tafsir at-Tabari, Sura an-Nisa, under Verse # 113

More Proof from the Qur'an that the Prophet Muhammad (may Allah bless him and grant him peace) has been given the knowledge of al-Ghayb:

3. Allah Subhan Wa Taalah says in the Qur'an:

تِلْكَ مِنْ أَنبَاءِ الْغَيْبِ نُوحِيهَا إِلَيْكَ ۖ مَا كُنتَ تَعْلَمُهَا أَنتَ وَلَا قَوْمُكَ مِن قَبْلِ هَٰذَا ۖ فَاصْبِرْ ۖ إِنَّ الْعَاقِبَةَ لِلْمُتَّقِينَ

Qur'an states: This is of the tidings of the Unseen which We inspire in thee (Muhammad). Thou thyself knewest it not, nor did thy folk (know it) before this. Then have patience. Lo! the sequel is for those who ward off (evil).

[surah Hud (11), verse 49]

Although this verse is a "NASS" from Qur'an on Ilm ul Ghayb of Prophet (Peace be upon him) but still there are some unfortunate and disrespectful people who use this verse in a very strange manner. They claim that once knowledge of Unseen is given to Prophet then it ceases to be Unseen (Naudhobillah). This is such a Baatil Qiyaas of Wahabis and some deobandis that they do not have any verse nor Hadith to justify it. If we accept their Baatil Qiyaas then remember Allah already knows all Ghuyub so does that mean Allah also ceases to be A'alim ul Ghayb? (Naudhobillah).

Note: This is an Ilzami answer and it destroys the Wahabi/Deobandi logic if only they ponder. We have used the title A'alim ul Ghayb for Allah to clarify that the title is only reserved for Allah. It is a lie of Wahabis/Deobandis that Ahlus Sunnah consider Prophet (Peace be upon him) to be A'alim ul Ghayb. Imam Ahmed Ridha Khan (rah) has explicitly said in his Fatawa Ridhwiya that just like word azza Wajjal cannot be used for Prophet (Peace be upon him) similarly the title Aa'lim ul Ghayb cannot be used either. This however doesn't mean that Prophet does not have "IMMENSE KNOWLEDGE OF UNSEEN (ILM UL GHAYB)"

Qur'an states: Nor will He disclose to you the secrets of the Unseen. "But He chooses of His Apostles [for the purpose]"

[sura Aali-Imran, verse 179]

In the light of Hadith Ash Shareef

Hadith No.1

عَن مُعَاذِ بن جَبَلٍ ، رضي الله عنه قَالَ «احْتَبَسَ عَنَّا رَسُولُ الله ذَات غَدَاةٍ مِنْ صَلاَة الصُّبْح حَتَّى كِدْنَا نَتَراءَى عَيْنَ الشَّمْسِ فخَرَجَ سريعاً فَثُوِّبَ بالصَّلاَةِ فَصَلّى رَسُولُ الله وَتَجَوَّزَ في صَلاَتِه، فَلَّما سَلَّمَ دَعا بِصَوْتِهِ فَقَالَ لَنَا: عَلَى مَصَافِّكُمْ كَمَا أَنْتُمْ ثُمَّ انْفَتَلَ إِلَيْنَا ثم قَالَ: أَمَا إِنِّي سَأُحَدِّثُكُمْ مَا حَبَسَنِي عَنْكُم الغَدَاةَ أَنَّي قُمْتُ مِنَ اللَّيْلِ فَتَوَضَّأْتُ فَصَلَّيْتُ مَا قُدِّرَ

لِي فَنَعَسْتُ فِي صَلاَتِي حتى اسْتَثْقَلْتُ فإِذَا أَنَا بِرَبِّي تَبَارَكَ وَتَعَالى في أَحْسَنِ صُورَةٍ فَقَالَ يَا مُحَمَّدُ، قُلْتُ لَبَيَّكَ رَبِّ، قالَ فِيمَ يَخْتَصِمُ المَلأُ الأَعْلَى؟ قُلْتُ: لاَ أَدْرِي رَبِّ قَالَهَا ثَلاَثاً، قَالَ فَرَأَيْتُهُ وَضَعَ كَفَّهُ بَيْنَ كَتِفَيَّ. قَدْ وَجَدْتُ بَرْدَ أَنَامِلِهِ بَيْنَ ثَدْيَيَّ فتجَلَّى لِي كُلُّ شَيْءٍ وَعَرَفْتُ

فَقَالَ يَا مُحَمَّدُ. قُلْتُ لَبَّيْكَ رَبِّ، قَالَ فِيمَ يَخْتَصِمُ المَلأُ الأعْلَى؟ قُلْتُ في الكَفّارَاتِ، قَالَ مَاهُنَّ؟ قُلْتُ مَشْيُ الأقْدَامِ إِلَى الْجَماعَاتِ، وَالْجُلُوسُ في المَسَاجِدِ بَعْدَ الصَّلوات، وإِسْبَاغُ الْوُضُوءِ في المَكْرُوهَاتِ، قَالَ ثُمَّ فِيمَ؟ قُلْتُ: إِطْعَامُ الطَّعَامِ، وَلِينُ الكَلاَمِ، والصَّلاَةُ بِاللّيْلِ والنَّاسُ نِيَامٌ. قَالَ سَلْ، قُلْتُ اللّهُمَّ إِنِّي أَسْأَلُكَ فِعْلَ الْخَيْرَاتِ، وَتَرْكَ المُنْكَرَاتِ، وَحُبَّ المَسَاكِينِ، وأَنْ تَغْفِرَ لِي وتَرْحَمَنِي، وَإِذَا أَرَدْتَ فِتْنَةً فِي قَوْمٍ فَتَوَفّنِي غَيْرَ مَفْتُونٍ، وأَسْأَلُكَ حُبَّكَ وَحُبَّ مَنْ يُحِبُّكَ وحُبَّ عَمَلٍ يُقَرِّبُ إلَى حُبِّكَ. قَالَ رَسُولُ الله إِنَهَا حَقٌّ فادْرُسُوهَا ثُمَّ تَعَلّمُوهَا

Narrated Mu'adh ibn Jabal

Allah's Messenger (peace be upon him) was detained one morning from observing the dawn prayer (in congregation) along with us till the sun had almost appeared on the horizon. He then came out hurriedly and Iqamah for prayer was observed and he conducted it (prayer) in brief form. When he had concluded the prayer by saying As-salamu alaykum wa Rahmatullah, he called out to us saying: Remain in your places as you were. Then turning to us he said: I am going to tell you what detained me from you (on account of which I could not join you in the prayer) in the morning. I got up in the night and performed ablution and observed the prayer as had been ordained for me. I dozed in my prayer till I was overcome by (sleep)

And Lo, I found myself in the presence of my Lord, the Blessed and the Glorious, in the best form. He said: Muhammad! I said: At Thy service, my Lord. He said: What these highest angels contend about? I said: I do not know. He repeated it thrice. He said: Then I saw Him put his palms between my shoulder blades till I felt the coldness of his fingers between the two sides of my chest. Then everything was illuminated for me and I recognized everything (فتجَلَّى لِي كُلُّ شَيْءٍ وَعَرَفْتُ).

He said: Muhammad! I said: At Thy service, my Lord. He said: What do these high angels contend about? I said: In regard to expiations. He said: What are these? I said: Going on foot to join congregational prayers, sitting in the mosques after the prayers, performing ablution well despite difficulties. He again said: Then what do they contend? I said: In regard to the ranks. He said: What are these? I said: Providing of food, speaking gently, observing the prayer when the people are asleep. He again said to me: Beg (Your Lord) and say: O Allah, I beg of Thee (power) to do good deeds, and abandon abominable deeds, to love the poor, that Thou forgive me and show mercy to me and when Thou intendst to put people to trial Thou causes me to die unblemished and I beg of Thee Thy love and the love of one who loves Thee and the love for the deed which brings me near to Thy love. Allah's Messenger (peace be upon him) said: It is a truth, so learn it and teach it.

- End of Hadith

Hukm on this hadith by Imam al Bukhari (rah):

قال أبو عيسى: هَذَا حَدِيثٌ حَسَنٌ صحيحٌ. سَأَلْتُ مُحَمَّدَ بنَ إِسْماعِيلَ عَن هَذا الحَدِيثِ فَقَالَ هَذَا حديث حسنٌ صحيحٌ

Translation: Imam at-Tirmidhi said: This is a "Hasan Sahih (Good and authentic)" hadith and I asked Muhammad ibn Isma'il (i.e. Imam Bukhari) about this hadith and he said: It is a "Hassan Sahih (Good and Authentic)" hadith.

Reference

► (Sunnan Tirimdhi, Volume No. 5, Page No. 368-369, Tafsir Surah S'ad, Hadith No. 3235)

Click here for Scanned Page (23)

Hadith No.2

عَنْ عُمَرَ رضي الله عنه يَقُوْلُ : قَامَ فِيْنَا النَّبِيُّ صلي الله عليه وآله وسلم مَقَامًا، فَأَخْبَرَنَا عَنْ بَدْءِ الْخَلْقِ حَتَّي دَخَلَ أَهْلُ الْجَنَّةِ مَنَازِلَهُمْ وَأَهْلُ النَّارِ مَنَازِلَهُمْ، حَفِظَ ذَلِکَ مَنْ حَفِظَهُ وَنَسِيَهُ مَنْ نَسِيَهُ .

رَوَاهُ الْبُخَارِيُّ .

Narrated 'Umar: One day the Prophet stood up amongst us for a long period and informed us about the beginning of creation (and talked about everything in detail) till he mentioned how the people of Paradise will enter their places and the people of Hell will enter their places. Some remembered what he had said, and some forgot it.

Reference

Sahih Bukhari Volume 4, Book 54, Number 414

Hadith No.3

عَنْ حُذَيفَةَ رضي الله عنه قَالَ : قَامَ فِيْنَا رَسُوْلُ اﷲِ صلي الله عليه وآله وسلم مَقَامًا مَا تَرَکَ شَيْئًا يَکُوْنُ فِي مَقَامِهِ ذَلِکَ إِلَي قِيَامِ السَّاعَةِ، إِلَّا حَدَّثَ بِهِ حَفِظَهُ مَنْ حَفِظَهُ وَنَسِيَهُ مَنْ نَسِيَهُ.

مُتَّفَقٌ عَلَيْهِ وَهَذَا لَفْظُ مُسْلِمٍ

Narated By Hudhaifa :The Prophet once delivered a speech in front of us wherein he left nothing but mentioned (about) everything that would happen till the Hour. Some of us stored that our minds and some forgot it. (After that speech) I used to see events taking place (which had been referred to in that speech) but I had forgotten them (before their occurrence). Then I would recognize such events as a man recognizes another man who has been absent and then sees and recognizes him.

Reference

►Sahih Bukhari Volume 008, Book 077, Hadith Number 601

Here is proof of Ilme-Ghayb of Prophet (Peace be upon him) along with greatness of first three caliphs:

Hadith No.4

Narrated by Anas bin Malik:

The Prophet once climbed the mountain of Uhud with Abu Bakr, 'Umar and 'Uthman. The mountain shook with them. The Prophet said (to the mountain), "Be firm, O Uhud! For on you there are no more than a Prophet, a Siddiq and two martyrs."

Reference

►Sahih Bukhari Volume 5 Number 24.

The Prophet Salallaho Alaihi wa-Alihi Wasalam knew that Hazrat Umar R.A and Hazrat Uthman R.A will be Martyrs.

Hadith No.5

Hudhaifa reported that:

Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) stood before us one day and he did not leave anything unsaid (that he had to say) at that very spot which would happen (in the shape of turmoil) up to the Last Hour. Those who had to remember them preserved them in their minds and those who could not remember them forgot them. My friends knew them and there are certain things which slip out of my mind, but I recapitulate them when anyone makes a mention of them just as a person is lost from one's mind but is recalled to him on seeing his face.

Reference

►Sahih Muslim The Book Pertaining to the Turmoil and Portents of the Last Hour (Kitab Al-Fitan wa Ashrat As-Sa`ah) Book 041, Number 6909

Hadith No.6

عَنْ أَنَسٍ رضي الله عنه أَنَّ النَّبِيَّّ صلي الله عليه وآله وسلم نَعَي زَيْدًا وَجَعْفَرًا وَابْنَ رَوَاحَةَ رضي الله عنهم لِلنَّاسِ قَبْلَ أَنْ يَأْتِيَهُمْ خَبَرُهُمْ، فَقَالَ : أَخَذَ الرَّايَةَ زَيْدٌ فَأُصِيْبَ، ثُمَّ أَخَذَ جَعْفَرٌ فَأُصِيْبَ، ثُمَّ أَخَذَ ابْنُ رَوَاحَةَ فَأُصِيْبَ. وَعَيْنَاهُ تَذْرِفَانِ حَتَّي أَخَذَ الرَّايَةَ سَيْفٌ مِنْ سُيُوْفِ اﷲِ، حَتَّي فَتَحَ اﷲُ عَلَيْهِمْ.

رَوَاهُ الْبُخَارِيُّ وَالنَّسَائِيُّ وَأَحْمَدُ

Narrated Anas:

The Prophet had informed the people of the martyrdom of Zaid, Ja'far and Ibn Rawaha before the news of their death reached. The Prophet said, "Zaid took the flag (as the commander of the army) and was martyred, then Ja'far took it and was martyred, and then Ibn Rawaha took it and was martyred." At that time the Prophet's eyes were shedding tears. He added, "Then the flag was taken by a Sword amongst the Swords of Allah (i.e. Khalid) and Allah made them (i.e. the Muslims) victorious.

Reference

►Sahih Bukhari Volume 5, Book 59, Number 561

Hadith No.7

Narated By Abu Musa :

The Prophet was asked about things which he did not like, but when the questioners insisted, the Prophet got angry. He then said to the people, "Ask me anything you like." A man asked, "Who is my father?" The Prophet replied,"Your father is Hudhafa." Then another man got up and said, "Who is my father, O Allah's Apostle ?" He replied, "Your father is Salim, Maula (the freed slave) of Shaiba." So when 'Umar saw that (the anger) on the face of the Prophet he said, "O Allah's Apostle! We repent to Allah (Our offending you)."

Reference

►Sahih Bukhari Volume 001, Book 003, Hadith Number 092]

Hadith No.8

Narrated Anas:

Once the people started asking Allah's Apostle questions, and they asked so many questions that he became angry and ascended the pulpit and said, "I will answer whatever questions you may ask me today." I looked right and left and saw everyone covering his face with his garment and weeping. Behold ! There was a man who, on quarreling with the people, used to be called as a son of a person other than his father. He said, "O Allah's Apostle! Who is my father?" The Prophet replied, "Your father is Hudhaifa." And then 'Umar got up and said, "We accept Allah as our Lord, and Islam as (our) religion, and Muhammad as (our) Apostle; and we seek refuge with Allah from the afflictions." Allah's Apostle said, " I have never seen a day like today in its good and its evil for Paradise and the Hell Fire were displayed in front of me, till I saw them just beyond this wall.

Reference

► Sahih Bukhari Volume 8, Book 75, Number 373:

Hadith No.9

Then Allah's Apostle said, "By Him in Whose Hand my life is, Paradise and Hell were displayed before me across this wall while I was praying, and I never saw such good and evil as I have seen today."

Reference

►Sahih Bukhari, Volume 9, Book 92, Number 397

Hadith No.10

It is narrated on the authority of Abu Huraira:

We participated in the Battle of Hunain along with the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him). He (the Holy Prophet) said about a man who claimed to be a Muslim that he was one of the denizens of the Fire (of Hell). When we were in the thick of the battle that man fought desperately and was wounded. It was said: Messenger of Allah, the person whom you at first called as the denizen of Fire fought desperately and died. Upon this the Apostle of Allah (may peace be upon him) remarked: He was doomed to the Fire (of Hell). Some men were on the verge of doubt (about his fate) when it was said that he was not dead but fatally wounded. When it was night he could not stand the (pain of his) wound and killed himself. The Apostle (may peace be upon him) was informed of that. He (the Holy Prophet) observed: Allah is Great, I bear testimony to the fact that I am the servant of Allah and His messenger. He then commanded Bilal to announce to the people that none but a Muslim would enter Paradise. Verily Allah helps this faith even by a sinful person.

Reference

►Sahih Muslim Book 001, Hadith Number 0205.

Hadith No.11

عَنْ أَنَسٍ رضي الله عنه في رواية طويلة أَنَّ رَسُوْلَ اﷲِ صلي الله عليه وآله وسلم شَاوَرَ، حِيْنَ بَلَغَنَا إِقَبَالُ أَبِي سُفْيَانَ، وَقَامَ سَعْدُ بْنُ عُبَادَةَ رضي الله عنه فَقَالَ : وَالَّذِي نَفْسِي بِيَدِهِ، لَوْ أَمَرْتَنَا أَنْ نُخِيْضَهَا الْبَحْرَ لَأَخَضْنَاهَا. وَلَوْ أَمَرْتَنَا أَنْ نَضْرِبَ أَکْبَادَهَا إلَي بَرْکِ الْغِمَادِ لَفَعَلْنَا. قَالَ : فَنَدَبَ رَسُوْلُ اﷲِ صلي الله عليه وآله وسلم النَّاسَ، فَانْطَلَقُوْا حَتَّي نَزَلُوْا بَدْرًا، فَقَالَ رَسُوْلُ اﷲِ صلي الله عليه وآله وسلم : هَذَا مَصْرَعُ فُلَانٍ قَالَ : وَيَضَعُ يَدَهُ عَلَي الْأَرْضِ، هَاهُنَا وَهَاهُنَا. قَالَ : فَمَا مَاتَ أَحَدُهُمْ عَنْ مَوْضِعِ يَدِ رَسُوْلِ اﷲِ صلي الله عليه وآله وسلم .

رَوَاهُ مُسْلِمٌ وَأَبُوْدَاوُدَ.

Narrated Anas : That when (the news of) the advance of Abu Sufyan (at the head of a force) reached him. the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) held consultations with his Companions. The narrator said: Abu Bakr spoke (expressing his own views), but he (the Holy Prophet) did not pay heed to him. Then spoke 'Umar (expressing his views), but he (the Holy Prophet) did not pay heed to him (too). Then Sa'd b. 'Ubada stood up and said: Messenger of Allah, you want us (to speak). By God in Whose control is my life, if you order us to plunge our horses into the sea, we would do so. If you order us to goad our horses to the most distant place like Bark al-Ghimad, we would do so. The narrator said: Now the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) called upon the people (for the encounter). So they set out and encamped at Badr. (Soon) the water-carriers of the Quraish arrived. Among them was a black slave belonging to Banu al-Hajjaj. The Companions of the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) caught him and interrogated him about Abu Sufyan and his companions. He said: I know nothing about Abu Sufyan, but Abu Jahl, Utba, Shaiba and Umayya b. Khalaf are there.When he said this, they beat him. Then he said: All right, I will tell you about Abu Sufyan. They would stop beating him and then ask him (again) about Abu Sufyan. He would again say', I know nothing about Abu Sufyan, but Abu Jahl. 'Utba, Shaiba and Umayya b. Khalaf are there. When he said this, they beat him likewise. The Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) was standing in prayer. When he saw this he finished his prayer and said: By Allah in Whose control is my life, you beat him when he is telling you the truth, and you let him go when he tells you a lie. The narrator said: Then the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) said: This is the place where so and so would be killed. He placed his hand on the earth (saying) here and here; (and) none of them fell away from the place which the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) had indicated by placing his hand on the earth.

Reference

►Sahih Muslim Book 019, Number 4394.

Hadith No.12

Narrated Asma' bint Abu Bakr: I came to 'Aisha during the solar eclipse. The people were standing (offering prayer) and she too, was standing and offering prayer. I asked, "What is wrong with the people?" She pointed towards the sky with her hand and said, Subhan Allah!'' I asked her, "Is there a sign?" She nodded with her head meaning, yes. When Allah's Apostle finished (the prayer), he glorified and praised Allah and said, "There is not anything that I have not seen before but I have seen now at this place of mine, even Paradise and Hell. It has been revealed to me that you people will be put to trial nearly like the trial of Ad-Dajjal, in your graves. As for the true believer or a Muslim (the sub-narrator is not sure as to which of the two (words Asma' had said) he will say, 'Muhammad came with clear signs from Allah, and we responded to him (accepted his teachings) and believed (what he said)' It will be said (to him) 'Sleep in peace; we have known that you were a true believer who believed with certainty.' As for a hypocrite or a doubtful person, (the sub-narrator is not sure as to which word Asma' said) he will say, 'I do not know, but I heard the people saying something and so I said the same.'"

Reference

►Bukhari, Volume 9, Book 92, Number 390

Hadith No.13

The Prophet's "knowledge of all things between the East and the West" is confirmed by the famous narration with a grade of hasan (fair) from al-Bara' ibn `Azib whereby:

At the time of the Battle of Ahzab or the battle of the Trench, the Prophet went down to hit a rock with his pick, whereupon he said: "Bismillah" and shattered one third of the rock. Then he exclaimed: "Allahu akbar! I have been given the keys of Syria. By Allah, verily I can see her red palaces right from where I stand." Then he said: "Bismillah," and shattered another third and exclaimed: "Allahu akbar! I have been given the keys of Persia. By Allah, I can see her cities and her white palace right from where I stand." Then he said: "Bismillah" and shattered the remainder of the rock and exclaimed: "Allahu akbar! I have been given the keys of Yemen. By Allah, I can see the gates of San`a' right from where I stand."

Reference

►Al-Haythami said: "Ahmad (4:303 #18718) narrated it and its chain contain Maymun Abu `Abd Allah. Ibn Hibban declared him trustworthy while a group of others declared him weak. The remainder of its sub-narrators are trustworthy."

Hadith No.14

Another version of the above is related from Salman al-Farisi. Ibn Hisham relates it in his Sira through Ibn Ishaq thus:

Salman al-Farisi said: "I was digging in one corner of the trench at which time one rock gave me difficulty. Allah's Messenger came near me and saw my difficulty as I was digging. He came down and took the pick from my hands. Then he struck and a great spark flashed under the pick. He struck again and another spark flashed. He struck a third time and a third spark flashed. I said to him: My father and mother (be ransomed) for you, O Messenger of Allah! What is that I saw flashing under the pick as you were striking? He said: Did you see this, O Salman? I said: Yes! He said: The first time, Allah opened Yemen [in the South] for me; the second time, He opened the North (al-Sham) and the West (al-Maghrib) for me; and the third time, he opened the East (al-Mashriq)."

Reference:

►Ibn Hisham relates it in his Sira (Beirut, dar al-wifaq ed. 3-4: 219) and also Ibn Kathir in al-Bidaya (4:99).

Hadith No.15

عَنْ عَمْرِو بْنِ أَخْطَبَ رضي الله عنه قَالَ : صَلَّي بِنَا رَسُوْلُ اﷲِ صلي الله عليه وآله وسلم الْفَجْرَ. وَصَعِدَ الْمِنْبَرَ فَخَطَبَنَا حَتَّي حَضَرَتِ الظُّهْرُ، فَنَزَلَ فَصَلَّي ثُمَّ صَعِدَ الْمِنْبَرَ. فَخَطَبَنَا حَتَّي حَضَرَتِ الْعَصْرُ، ثُمَّ نَزَلَ فَصَلَّي ثُمَّ صَعِدَ الْمِنْبَرَ. فَخَطَبَنَا حَتَّي غَرَبَتِ الشَّمْسُ، فَأَخْبَرَنَا بِمَا کَانَ وَبِمَا هُوَ کَاءِنٌ قَالَ : فَأَعْلَمُنَا أَحْفَظُنَا.
رَوَاهُ مُسْلِمٌ وَالتِّرْمِذِيُّ

Amr b. Akhtab reported:

Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) led us in the dawn prayer and then mounted the pulpit and addressed us until it was (time for the) noon prayer. He then came down the pulpit and observed prayer and then again mounted the pulpit and again addressed us until it was time for the 'Asr prayer. He then again came down and observed the prayer and again pointed the pulpit and addressed us until the sun was set and he informed (about) everything (pertaining to turmoil) that lay hidden in the past and what lies in (the womb) of) the future and the most learned amongst us is one who remembers them well

Reference

►Sahih Muslim Book 041, Hadith Number 6913 ,

►Tirmidhi  Hadith No.16

Hadith No 16

Narated By Ibn 'Abbas :

The Prophet (pbuh) passed by two graves. He said: Both (the dead) are being punished, but they are not being punished for a major (sin). One did not safeguard himself from urine. The other carried tales. He then called for a fresh twig and split it into two parts and planted one part on each grave and said: Perhaps their punishment may be mitigated as long as the twigs remain fresh.

Another version of Hammad has: "One of them did not cover himself while urinating." The version does not have the words: "He did not safeguard himself from urine."

Reference

►Abu Dawood Book 001, Hadith Number 0020.

Hadith No.17

Anas reported:

The Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) one day led us in the prayer and when he completed the Prayer he turned his face towards us and said: O People, I am your Imam, so do not precede me in bowing and prostration and in standing and turning (faces, i.e. In pronouncing salutation), for I see you in front of me and behind me,and then said: By Him in Whose hand Is the life of Muhammad, if you could see what I see, you would have laughed little and wept much more. They said: What did you see, Messenger of Allah? He replied: (I saw) Paradise and Hell.

Reference

►Sahih Muslim Book 004, Hadith Number 0857

Hadith No.18

Anas b. Malik reported:

The Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) said: Complete the rows, for I can see you behind my back.

Reference

►Sahih Muslim Book 004, Hadith Number 0872.

بحث میں حصہ لیں

آپ ابھی پوسٹ کرکے بعد میں رجسٹر ہوسکتے ہیں۔ اگر آپ پہلے سے رجسٹرڈ ہیں تو سائن اِن کریں اور اپنے اکاؤنٹ سے پوسٹ کریں۔
نوٹ: آپ کی پوسٹ ناظم کی اجازت کے بعد نظر آئے گی۔

اس ٹاپک پر جواب دیں

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• حالیہ دیکھنے والے   0 اراکین

• کوئی رجسٹرڈ رُکن اس صفحے کو نہیں دیکھ رہا