Hadhir Nazir Objection: If Prophet is Hadhir Nazir Then Prophet Musa Must Also Be Considered Hadhir Nazir.

MuhammedAli

تجویز کردہ جواب

Introduction:

Muslims believe Prophet (sallallahu alayhi wa aalihi was’sallam) was and is witness upon mankind observing the deeds of Muslims and non-Muslims. The anti-Islamic element disbelieves in this teaching of Quran and strives to refute this belief with distorted understanding of Quran and Hadith. This article will address an argument based on incorrect understanding of verse. And if Allah (subhanahu wa ta’ala) wills correct interpretation of the verse not only refute the argument of anti-Islam element but will establish Islamic belief.

0.0 - BackGround To Origin Of Argument:

While ago I frequented IslamicAwakening forum [as SkippedPath] which was owned and run by Khawarij of Najd. Someone initiated discussion on topic of Hadhir Nazir seeking help from members on subject of Hadhir Nazir. Anti-Islamic members of the forum chipped-in and contributed a ‘refutation’ of Islamic belief. One members suggested the following: “Another argument against this statement can be verse 15 of Surah Muzzammil:- “Undoubtedly, We sent towards you a Messenger who is a witness over you, as We sent to Firawn a Messenger. “ (73:15) If by witness, Sufis and Barelvis mean Haazir wa Naazir, then they have to give the same status to Musa (alayhis salam). Will they accept the same for Musa (alayhis salam) as well?” At that juncture I was too busy to respond and decided save a random portion of content with link of thread. With intention that saved content will remind me of subject of content of discussion and when time becomes available I will respond to academic arguments in the thread. Unfortunately the forum has been closed over two years and I am unable to access the content leaving me with little material to work with.

0.1 - Tafsir Of Surah Muzammils Verse 15:

Allah (subhanahu wa ta’ala) narrates the story of Prophet Musa (alayhis salam) and details how Prophet Musa (alayhis salam) was prepared by Allah (subhanahu ta’ala) to be sent as a witness to Fir’aun: "So when he reached it (the fire), he was called from the right side of the valley, in the blessed place, from the tree: "O Musa! Verily I am Allah, the Lord of the Alameen! And throw your stick!" But when he saw it moving as if it were a snake, he turned in flight, and looked not back. (It was said:) "O Musa! Draw near, and fear not. Verily, you are of those who are secure. "Put your hand in your bosom, it will come forth white without a disease; and draw your hand close to your side to be free from the fear. These are two proofs from your Lord to Fir'aun and his chiefs. Verily, they are the people who are rebellious." [Ref: 28:30/32] Then Allah (subhanahu wa ta’ala) instructed Prophet Musa (alayhis salam) to go to Fir’aun but Prophet Musa (alayhis salam) sought to excuse himself on account that his ability of speech is hampered and he isn’t fluent and elequent as his brother Prophet Haroon (alayhis salam). Allah (subhanahu wa ta’ala) appointed Prophet Haroon (alayhis salam) as a Prophet and instructed both of them to go to Fir’aun and ask him to let the Bani Israel go free: Then We sent after them Moses with Our signs to Pharaoh and his establishment, but they were unjust toward them. So see how was the end of the corrupters. And Moses said, "O Pharaoh, I am a messenger from the Lord of the worlds. (And I am) obligated not to say about Allah except the truth. I have come to you with clear evidence from your Lord, so send with me the Children of Israel." [Ref: 7:103/105] "And (mention) when your Lord called Moses. (Saying): "Go to the wrongdoing people -: to the people of Pharaoh. (And say to them) Will they not fear Allah?" He said: "My Lord, indeed I fear that they will deny me. And that my breast will tighten and my tongue will not be fluent, so send for Aaron. And they have upon me a [claim due to] sin, so I fear that they will kill me." Said: "No! Go both of you with Our signs; indeed, We are with you, listening. Go to Pharaoh and say: 'We are the Messengers of the Lord of the worlds: 'Send with us the Children of Israel.'" [Ref: 26:10/17] Once Prophet Musa (alayhis salam) and his brother Prophet Haroon (alayhis salam) they reached Fir’aun they told him; they have been sent by Allah (subhanahu wa ta’ala), his Lord and Lord of his fore-fathers. But when Prophet Musa (alayhis salam) offered to give evidence of his Prophet-hood and Fir’aun accepted the challenge. After seeing the miracle he sought advice of his ministers and they advised him to postpone until he has gathered magicians to compete with Prophet Musa (alayhis salam). Fir’aun gathers his magicans and attempts to compete with Prophet Musa (alayhis salam): “(Pharaoh) said, "If you take a god other than me, I will surely place you among those imprisoned." (Moses) said, "Even if I brought you proof manifest?" (Pharaoh) said, "Then bring it, if you should be of the truthful." So (Moses) threw his staff, and suddenly it was a serpent manifest. And he drew out his hand; thereupon it was white for the observers. (Pharaoh) said to the eminent ones around him, "Indeed, this is a learned magician. He wants to drive you out of your land by his magic, so what do you advise?" They said, "Postpone (the matter of) him and his brother and send among the cities gatherers.Who will bring you every learned, skilled magician." So the magicians were assembled for the appointment of a well-known day. And it was said to the people, "Congregate will you?" [Ref: 26:29/39] Prophet Musa (alayhis salam) gives the magicians the first oppurtunity to demonstrate their skill and they throw the ropes and staffs and all seem to be snakes. Then Prophet Musa (alayhis salam) throws his staff and turns to snake and devours all the snakes. Fir’aun’s magician are defeated and they accept Islam. He threatens them with death but they remain firm on their faith. Fir’aun accuses Prophet Musa (alayhis salam) being the leader/teacher of the magicians: “Moses said to them, "Throw whatever you will throw." So they threw their ropes and their staffs and said, "By the might of Pharaoh, indeed it is we who are predominant." Then Moses threw his staff, and at once it devoured what they falsified. So the magicians fell down in prostration (to Allah). They said, "We have believed in the Lord of the worlds, the Lord of Moses and Aaron." [Ref: 26:43/48] Alhasil it is evident Allah (subhanahu wa ta’ala) sent to Prophet Musa (alayhis salam) and Prophet Haroon (alayhis salam) Fir’aun and they went to him in person. And this is what Allah (subhanahu wa ta’ala) mentioned in the following verse: "Indeed, We have sent to you a Messenger as a witness upon you just as We sent to Pharaoh a Messenger. But Pharaoh disobeyed the messenger, so We seized him with a ruinous punishment." [Ref: 73:15/16]

1.0 - Fundamental Fact Regarding A Witness:

Every witness is Hadhir (i.e. present) and Nazir (i.e. seeing/hearing). It is not important for a witness to be to witness absolutely everything of universe or everything of earth. Instead as long as the claimant has witnessed the events to which he/she bears witness in court he/she is truthful witness. And to be witness (in limited/resctricted sense as result of envoriment) one must be Hadhir and Nazir. If a witness is not Hadhir, or someone claims witness does not have to be Hadhir, then this would imply witness does not exist and something which doesn’t exist its Nazir cannot exist without it. Fundamental requirement for a witness is to be Hadhir Nazir.

2.0 - Prophet Musa Sent As A Witness To Fira’aun:

Allah (subhanahu wa ta’ala) states: "Indeed, We have sent to you a Messenger as a witness upon you just as We sent to Pharaoh a Messenger. But Pharaoh disobeyed the messenger, so We seized him with a ruinous punishment." [Ref: 73:15/16] Note he was sent as a witness to Fir’aun and Quran explains some of the events that transpired and some of events which Prophet Musa (alayhis salam) witnessed, Fir’aun say and do. Now coming to the question: “If by witness, Sufis and Barelvis mean Haazir wa Naazir, then they have to give the same status to Musa (alayhis salam). Will they accept the same for Musa (alayhis salam) as well?” The answer is emphatic: Yes! Prophet Musa (alayhis salam) was sent to Fir’aun as a Messenger and as a witnes. In simple words, Prophet Musa (alayhis salam) was Hadhir Nazir (i.e. witness) upon actions of Fir’aun.

2.1 - Prophet Musa Witnessing Deeds Of Fir’aun Is Essential Part Of Islamic Belief:

We Muslims cannot deny and reject this fundamental fact of the verse nor any sane and reasonably educated Muslim would negate this. Even Kharijis of Najd cannot reject this factual teaching of Islam. The verse does not state prophet Musa (alayhis salam) is witness upon mankind but the verse says Prophet Musa (alayhis salam) was sent as a witness (i.e. Hadhir Nazir) upon deeds of Fir’aun. No one who recites, there is none worthy of worship except Allah, Muhammad is Messenger of Allah, will disbelieve in Prophet Musa (alayhis salam) being Hadhir and Nazir (i.e. witness) over deeds of Fir’aun except a Jahil. Prophet Musa (alayhis salam) is Hadhir Nazir (i.e. witness) upon to whom he was sent as a witness.

2.2 - Prophets Are Witnesses Over Their Own Nations:

Allah (subhanahu wa ta’ala) stated, every nation was sent a Messenger: And for every nation there is a Messenger; when their Messenger comes, the matter will be judged between them with justice, and they will not be wronged.“ [Ref: 10:47] And Allah (subhanahu wa ta’ala) in another verse states, every nation was sent a Messenger and he proclaimed one fundamental message – worship Allah (subhanahu wa ta’ala) and sinful activities encouraged by Satan: “And verily, We have sent among every nation a Messenger (proclaiming): "Worship Allah, and avoid Taghut (i.e. Satan)." Then of …“ [Ref: 10:36] In the following two verses it becomes evident that Allah (subhanahu wa ta’ala) will call from every nation a witness to be witness against nation which they were sent:
And on that day We shall raise from every nation a witness against them from amongst themselves: and We shall bring you as a witness against these (people): and We have sent down to thee the Book explaining all things, a Guide, a Mercy, and Glad Tidings to Muslims.” [Ref: 16:89] And We shall take out from every nation a witness, and We shall say: "Bring your proof." Then they shall know that the truth is with Allah (Alone), and the lies (false gods) which they invented will disappear from them.”  [Ref: 28:75] Every nation being sent a Messenger and every nation having a witness against them on judgment day indicates; every nation was sent a Messenger to be witness over them and on the day of judgment Allah (subhanahu wa ta’ala) will call this Messenger to be a witness against his nation. Alhasil every nation, including Prophet Musa (alayhis salam), received a Messenger of Allah as a witness and therefore every Messenger was witness (i.e. Hadhir Nazir) over his nation.

3.0 – Prophet Muhammad A Witness Like Prophet Musa:

Allah (subhanahu wa ta’ala) states, Prophet Muhammad (sallallahu alayhi wa aalihi was’sallam) has been sent to people of Makkah, Madinah, Arabia and world, as a Messenger and a witness, like Prophet Musa (alayhis salam) was sent to Fir’aun: "Indeed, We have sent to you a Messenger as a witness upon you just as We sent to Pharaoh a Messenger. But Pharaoh disobeyed the messenger, so We seized him with a ruinous punishment." [Ref: 73:15/16] Prophet Musa (alayhis salam) went to deliver the message with miracles and he Hadhir Nazir witness over deeds of Fir’aun and this naturally too applies to Prophet (sallallahu alayhi wa aalihi was’sallam). He has been sent to Jinn and mankind as a Messenger and he is witness over us.

3.1 – The Commentators Of Quran And Chapter 73 Verse 15:

Imam Jalal al-Din Suyuti (rahimullah) interpreted the verse that Prophet (sallallahu alayhi wa aalihi was’sallam) is witnessing the deeds of people of Makkah and on the day of ressurection he testify against them: “We have indeed sent to you O people of Mecca a Messenger namely Muhammad s to be a witness against you on the Day of Resurrection to any disobedience that you engage in just as We sent to Pharaoh a messenger namely Moses peace be upon him.” [Ref: Tafsir Al Jalalayn, 73:15,
here.] And in this context the implication is Prophet Musa (alayhis salam) did too witness the deeds of his Ummah and Fir’aun and he will also bear witness against them on the day of judgment for their sins. Also note Imam Jalal al-Din Suyuti (rahimullah) only interpreted verse in the historical context, in which the verse was revealed. And it also can be interpreted in wider context Jinn and mankind because Prophet (sallallahu alayhi wa aalihi was’sallam) has been sent to entire Jinn and mankind. And before you let loose your horses of accusations hear-out what Hafidh Ibn Kathir (rahimullah) has stated in regards to this verse: “Then addresses the disbelievers of the Quraysh, and along with them the rest of mankind: “Verily, We have sent to you a Messenger to be a witness over you, …” Meaning witnessing your deeds: “… as We did send a Messenger to Fir`awn. But Fir`awn disobeyed the Messenger; so We seized him with a severe punishment.” [Ref: Tafsir Ibn Kathir, 73:15, here.] Hafidh Ibn Kathir (rahimullah) interpreted the verse in context of Quraysh and mankind and specified that Prophet (sallallahu alayhi wa aalihi was’sallam) sent as a Messenger. And to be witness over Quraysh and Mankind in meaning witnessing of their deeds. This reveals Hafidh Ibn Kathir (rahimullah) believed in Islamic belief of Hadhir Nazir which partly consists of beliefe; Prophet Muhammad (sallallahu alayhi wa aalihi was’sallam) is witnessing the deeds of Jinn/Mankind. Naturally in the context of entire verse meaning of witnessing the deeds of Fir’aun and Bani Israel is also being affirmed for Prophet Musa (alayhis salam).

3.2 - Uniqueness Of Prophet Muhammad’s Station Of Shahid:

We the Muslims believe every nation was sent a Messenger and a witness. And their Prophet-hoods and their stations of witnessing were limited/restricted to the nations they were sent to. Hence their witnessing of deeds was limited/restricted to people to whom they were sent to and they will bear witness against the evil deeds of their nations on judgment day. The last and final Prophet, Muhammad the Messenger of Allah (sallallahu alayhi wa aalihi was’sallam), has been sent to entire Jinn and Mankind as a Messenger and Witness. Therefore he is witness over the deeds every nation earth including those who have accepted Islam and those who rejected it. And on the day of judgment Allah (subhanahu wa ta’ala) will call him to bear witness over the deeds of nations which passed before his birth:
“And on that day We shall raise from every nation a witness against them from amongst themselves: and We shall bring you as a witness against these (people): and We have sent down to thee the Book explaining all things, a Guide, a Mercy, and Glad Tidings to Muslims.” [Ref: 16:89] Note to be witness over the nations passed before him for him to be truthful witness he must have observed the events unfold. And Prophets do not bare false testimony. Hadith reveals Prophet Nuh (alayhis salam) will call upon Prophet Muhammad (sallallahu alayhi wa aalihi was’sallam) and his Ummah to be witness against his own nation. Prophet (sallallahu alayhi wa aalihi was’sallam) has informed his Muslim Ummah; Prophets delivered the message. Hence when testimony of his Ummah will be challenged then Prophet (sallallahu alayhi wa aalihi was’sallam) who witnessed the events as they unfolded will bear witness in defence of Prophets that they delivered the message. And he will testify that he has informed his Ummah that Prophets delivered the message. The station of Hadhir Nazir (Shahid/Witness) for Prophet (sallallahu alayhi wa aalihi was’sallam) is unique in sense that he is Witness over the Jinn and Mankind since his station of Witness was perfected in him. And he is witness over the deeds of nations passed before him.

Conclusion:

Witness must be Hadhir (i.e. present) and Nazir (i.e. observing, and hearing). Every Prophet is witness over his own nation and Prophet Musa (alayhis salam) is no different. He was sent to be witness over Fir’aun and Bani Israel. He will be called to bear witness against the sinful deeds of Fir’aun and his own nation. Prophet Muhammad (sallallahu alayhi wa aalihi was’sallam) is unique in his station of Shahid/Witness because he was sent to entire Jinn and Mankind. And therefore his witnesses the deeds of both kinds. Also he is witness over the deeds of nations passed before him due to which Prophets will ask him to bear witness in their defence and ask him Ummah to bear witness also because RasoolAllah (sallallahu alayhi wa aalihi was’sallam) has informed his Ummah that Prophets delivered the Message.

Wama alayna ilal balaghul mubeen.
Muhammed Ali Razavi

بحث میں حصہ لیں

آپ ابھی پوسٹ کرکے بعد میں رجسٹر ہوسکتے ہیں۔ اگر آپ پہلے سے رجسٹرڈ ہیں تو سائن اِن کریں اور اپنے اکاؤنٹ سے پوسٹ کریں۔
نوٹ: آپ کی پوسٹ ناظم کی اجازت کے بعد نظر آئے گی۔

اس ٹاپک پر جواب دیں

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• حالیہ دیکھنے والے   0 اراکین

• کوئی رجسٹرڈ رُکن اس صفحے کو نہیں دیکھ رہا