Understanding Requirements Of Ibadadh In Islam: And Determining Why Evil Innovations Are Accepted As Valid Evidence Of Shirk And Kufr.

MuhammedAli

تجویز کردہ جواب

Understanding Requirements Of Ibadadh In Islam: And Determining Why Evil Innovations Are Accepted As Valid Evidence Of Shirk And Kufr.

Introduction:

During a debate/discussion with a Pakistani Ghayr-Muqallid Wahhabi on topic of Talaq e Thalathah (i.e. three divorces) and generally about subject of innovation/Biddah. He jibed Barelwis have introduced so many innovations as acts of worship that another innovation of three divorces issued in an instant ending marriage would not harm your reputation anymore. This discussion can be read, here. when I pointed out to him that your knowledge of definition of  Biddah, your understand what Ibadah is defective. And you most certainly don’t know what we believe thus you’re in no position to make any judgment about Biddah, Ibadah, and our belief. He responded by saying test me and tested I him certainly. He failed to meet the challenge and instead got quite angry/abusive. He charged me with instilling doubts in his faith. He called me names i.e. agent of Iblees … went far as issuing edict of Kufr. In response to his evil best I could do was to to educate him, what Ibadah is in Islam, what are requirements for action to be of worship, here, here.

Principally Innovated Acts Of Worship Are Rejected:

For a Muslim every act of worship he performs must be sanctioned and instructed by Allah (subhanahu wa ta’ala) in Quran or by the Prophet (sallallahu alayhi was’sallam), transmitted and recorded in books of Ahadith. If a Muslim innovates an act of worship which does not agree with principles of Deen and performs innovated act of worship to gain pleasure of Allah (subhanahu wa ta’ala) then his innovative practice will be only be rejected. He will gain no reward but instead will be punished for such [reprhensible] innovation. Technically the [reprehensible] innovation will be considered act of worship but will be termed as a [reprehensible] innovation and rejected due to lack of authority from Allah (subhanahu wa ta’ala) and his beloved Messenger (sallallahu alayhi was’sallam). In this context it is evident their riatual-acts do not have sanction from of Islam. Thus how can these people be guilty of worshiping false gods when their methods of worship and Ilah/gods are their innovations? Readers should note that this question can only be correctly answered if authorative Ibadah and Biddah definitions are known.

The Core Which Defines Islamic And Non-Islamic Ritual Acts As Worship:

Islamic and non-Islamic ritual-acts are defined as acts of worship based on three factors; creed, action and intention. If one believes a certain ritual-act is act is of worship and believes one to whom act is as an Ilah/Ma’bud; then with intention of worship directs ritual-act toward that Ilah/Ma’bud then act will be judged as worship.

Scenario To Elaborate The Core Principles Of Worship:

Suppose Amr invokes Krishna with love, and praises Krishna, or invokes and seeks need from Krishna believing Krishna is an ilah then major Shirk has occurred due to creed and action. Shirk in creed because Amr has taken Krishna to be an Ilah and in action because Amr has praised and sought need from Krishna believing him to be an ilah. Take for example innovated act of worship; kissing candle twice, third time lighting it and circumbulating it around the mini idol/ilah seven times and then finally putting the candle out by dashing it on the feet of mini idol/ilah. This practice is not Islamicly sanctioned as an act of worship but instead it is [reprehensible] innovation. If polytheist performed it with intention of worship and believed that idol/ilah then major Shirk has occurred in belief and in practice. The innovated ritual-acts of worship practiced by polytheists are acts of worship regardless of rituals involved.

Ahadith Of Rejected Evil Innovations:

Ahadith record every innovation is misguidance and takes to hell-fire,
here. ‘Every’ is not absolutely inclusive of ‘all innovations’ because Prophet (sallallahu alayhi wa aalihi was’sallam) reported to have said, a matter and a action not from Islam is rejected, here, here. This proves Prophet (sallallahu alayhi wa aalihi was’sallam) made Takhsees and informed us to reject every innovation which contradicts with teaching of religion of Islam. Bukhari, Muslim, numbering of Surahs and verses, additions of diacritical markings to faciliate recitation of Quran for non-Arabs even though are innovations but they are not contradicting Islamic teaching but rather mean of promoting and faciliating Islam therefore are not part of rejected innovations which are misguidance and take to hell-fire.

Innovated Good Sunnahs Are Made Part Of Islam:

Prophet (sallallahu alayhi wa aalihi was’sallam) is reported to have said whoever introduces a good Sunnah in Islam for him and those who follow the newly introduced Sunnah into Islam will equally be rewarded,
here. This Hadith is proof that a good Sunnah (i.e. innovation) introduced by any Muslim is part of Islam. Note innovation is not part of Islam and if a good Sunnah not already part of Islam is made part of Islam and there is reward for initiator and actor: Then natural meaning of Hadith is initiator of good innovation in Islam and actors will get equal reward.

Way In Which Evil Innovation Is Rejected And Accepted:

i) Every good innovative Sunnah when it is introduced by default becomes part of Ijtihadi-Islam [and is not part of revealed Islam] but an evil innovation; i.e. evil Sunnah, rejected matter, a rejected action; is to be rejected and not made part of Ijtihadi-Islam. And rejected in meaning that it is not acted on because it is misguidance which takes to hell-fire. Ahadith of rejected matter/action also means that on day of judgment Allah (subhanahu wa ta’ala) will not accept innovative action and will not reward it. Evil innovation is rejected in these meanings only. ii) But evil innovation, be it in belief or action, of Kufr or Shirk, is accepted and valid proof for Kufr/Shirk. Rejection of evil innovation does not include rejection where innovation is completely rejected and is not deemed as proof of someons belief/action. Such complete rejection would/does mean Mushrikeen of world of past/present cannot be judged to be Mushrikeen. And this completely and utterly contravenes Quranic message and Islamic teachings.

Answering The All Important Question In Light Of Established Facts:

Islamicly ritual worship is defined by three fundamental cores; the creed and the actions and intentions. Muslims believes Allah (subhanahu wa ta’ala) is worthy of worship (i.e. Ilah); ritual-actions performed in accordance with teaching of Quran/Sunnah, and with intention of worship are therefore worship. Non-Islamic ritual-acts are also defined by three fundamental cores; creed, action and intentions. If Krishna is believed to be an Ilah and a ritual-act believed to be of worship is directed toward Krishna with intention of worship then ritual-act is worship. And to be precise worship of Krishna. This would be so even if method of worship has no approval of Allah (subhanahu wa ta’ala), or of Prophet (sallallahu alayhi was’sallam). Their ritual-actions are judged to be worship in accordance with their own belief, intention, and practice. Mushrikeen certainly have no permission from Allah (subhanahu wa ta’ala) to worship anyone other then Allah (subhanahu wa ta’ala), or to take anyone other then Him as an Ilah. Mushrikeen worshiping a creation and taking Ilahs beside/instead of Allah (subhanahu wa ta’ala) is innovation. Despite it being an innovation if a certain creation is believed to be an Ilah then it is rejected by Muslims and not deemed a part of Ijtihadi-Islam, nor acted, and will be rejected and not rewarded by Him. Yet it will be valid/accepted proof of Mushrik individual’s Shirk.

Conclusion:

Foundation of worship is affirmation of belief of Ilahiyyah for deity. And along with it are two essential components; intention to worship a deity and ritual-action to worship a deity with. If any one of three is missing then no act of worship has been performed. Action of worship is determined to be worship by judging the belief of person performing ritual-action. Even if ritual-action of worship has no sanction in Shari’ah due to it being an innovation it is of worship and valid/accepted proof of an individual’s Shirk/Kufr. Rejection of innovations only means not making it part of Ijtihadi-Islam, not acting on it, and innovation bearing no reward from Allah (subhanahu wa ta’ala) on day of judgment.

Wama alayna ilal balaghul mubeen.
Muhammed Ali Razavi

بحث میں حصہ لیں

آپ ابھی پوسٹ کرکے بعد میں رجسٹر ہوسکتے ہیں۔ اگر آپ پہلے سے رجسٹرڈ ہیں تو سائن اِن کریں اور اپنے اکاؤنٹ سے پوسٹ کریں۔
نوٹ: آپ کی پوسٹ ناظم کی اجازت کے بعد نظر آئے گی۔

اس ٹاپک پر جواب دیں

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• حالیہ دیکھنے والے   0 اراکین

• کوئی رجسٹرڈ رُکن اس صفحے کو نہیں دیکھ رہا