Guidance For Wise And Intuitive Regarding, Innovation, Saved Sect, Kharijism And Its Connection With Wahhabism.

MuhammedAli

تجویز کردہ جواب

Introduction:

This article is result of a discussion I had with someone very dear and near to me. Discussion revolved around subject of Istighathah, Biddah, Tawheed, Shirk, and Wahhabism, how it is form of Kharijism, and not Sunnism. Which sect do we need to adhere to? How do we figure out which sect that is? Nothing beneficial was achieved in the first discussion but two conversations that followed progress was made. It was decided I will write article to help my dear brother understand the differences between Sunnism and Wahhabism. I should have written something on subject of Istighathah but three discussions worth of material is already available, here, here, and here. And there is high chance there could be another.

01 - Islam Is A Complete Way Of Life But These Are Worldly Innovations:

Muslims believe Islam is complete way of life and it provides explicit guidance on certain issues and contains within it principles to judge which Allah (subhanahu wa ta’ala) and the Messenger (sallallahu alayhi wa aalihi was’sallam) hasn’t clearly issued judgment about. Despite this belief they manage to somehow exclude many things out of Islam. Pizza is not part of Islam. Car is not part of Islam. Track suite isn’t part of Islam. Trainers are not part of Islam. They don’t realize Islam is a complete way of life because it completely encompasses every facet of life even things which have not been explicitly dealt with in the Quran/Sunnah. To truly believe Islam was/is complete way of life, an ideology, a Deen then they would know and believe laptop is covered in Islam. Track suite is covered in Islam. Trainers are covered in Islam. All things new are part of Islam because they are covered via injunctions/rulings which we derive from principles and rules which the Messenger (sallallahu alayhi wa aalihi was’sallam) taught in the Sunnah. We cannot say and believe something is not part of Islam and it is part of Dunya because than we have no right to judge it in principles of Shari’ah. Laptop is not part of Islam so why do I need to know how can it be used according to Islam? The need to know how it can be used in Islam itself establishes it has a connection with Islam which needs to be answered from Islam. And that connection is laptops usage. Even though Allah (subhanahu wa ta’ala) did not say use laptop, or don’t use laptop, nor mentioned laptop in anyway, the use of it, for what it can be used for, connects laptop with Islam. And since we give judgment about its usage in light of principles mentioned in Quran/Sunnah its usage is part of Islam. Not just the usage even the very existence of modern items is governed by rules and regulations set by Allah (subhanahu wa ta’ala). Laptop is greyish area with which people might disagree. Let’s go to dark alleys of modern things. -dolls, Islam doesn’t say explicitly we can’t make one. Question is does Islam allow us to make one and if we were allowed would it allow us to use it. We can see that even creation of modern worldly stuff is governed by teaching of Islam therefore nothing is excluded from Islam. The use of modern things and even the creation of other modern things all are governed by Islam. This is why we say Islam is a complete way of life that deals with every aspect of human life. Islam hasn’t provided legislation about laptop but Islam does have principles via which we can determine how it can be and how it can’t be used. Islam is complete way of life with things which it has clear and explicitly addressed and about others it has provided us principles through which we can judge. Hence nothing is worldly as a Muslim and everything is Islam for a Muslim either directly or indirectly via principles.

02 - Argument Against Good Innovation Originating From Perfection Of Islam:

Allah (subhanahu wa ta’ala) stated: “This day I have perfected for you your religion and completed My favour upon you and have approved for you Islam as religion. But whoever is forced by severe hunger with no inclination to sin - then indeed, Allah is Forgiving and Merciful.” [Ref: 5:3] Due to this verse Khawarij typically advance two arguments against those who establish and believe Islam allows good innovative Sunnahs to be made part of it: (i) Islam is perfected and completed in itself hence we have no need for any innovations good/bad. (ii) To introduce innovations into Islam, good/bad, is to disbelieve in the verse and to believe it isn’t as perfect. Hence rejecter of completion of Islam innovates into Islam innovations to remove what he views are short comings. And one who believes Islam was perfected and completed by Allah (subhanahu wa ta’ala) does not introduce, does not believe it is permissible to introduce into Islam any innovation neither does he partake in any.

03 - Eloquent Speech, Foolish Ideas, And Callers Calling To Hell:

How eloquent and compelling above speech and reasoning is. How many will be able to resist the magical appeal of reasoning in this speech? Prophet (sallallahu alayhi wa aalihi was’sallam) said about eloquence of two Najdis: “Narrated Abdullah Bin Umar: Two men came from the East and addressed the people who wondered at their eloquent speeches On that Allah's Messenger said. Some eloquent speech is as effective as magic.'” [Ref: Bukhari, B71, H662, here.] Speech that seems too persuasive due to eloquence you must resist it because its magical effect will blind your judgement. And in next section I will demonstrate why above speech and reasoning has blinded many and led them astray. Prophet (sallallahu alayhi wa aalihi was’sallam) has reportedly said: “Narrated Ali: I heard the Prophet saying, "In the last days (of the world) there will appear young people with foolish thoughts and ideas. They will give good talks, but they will go out of Islam as an arrow goes out of its game, their faith will not exceed their throats. So, wherever you find them, kill them, for there will be a reward for their killers on the Day of Resurrection." [Ref: Bukhari, B61, H577, here.] About the same people he also has said:
“Abdullah (bin Mas'ud) narrated that the Messenger of Allah said: "In the end of time there will come a people young in years, foolish in minds, reciting the Qur'an which will not go beyond their throats, uttering sayings from the best of creatures, going through the religion as an arrow goes through the target." [Ref: Tirmadhi, B7, H2188, here.] They will deliver very persuasive talks/speeches and will invite you to join them and recite/quote you Quran, Sunnah in supports of their positions even when they do not understand Quran and Sunnah. Quran not going beyond their throats means that they will not understand it. It needs to enter heart and rest in it for you to understand it. Just as to taste food it needs to connect with tongue. They would recite is hurriedly without thinking over what they recited and what it means. Their inability to understand Quran will also transfer to prophetic Sunnah because it is explanation of it. This inability also includes incorrectly understanding what the best of scholars have stated on issues. Hadith states people with magical speeches will narrate to you allegedly the opinions/understandings of best scholarship, or has Hadith says best of creatures. Their magically eloquent speeches and their quotations of Quran, Sunnah, and scholars are all for nothing because they have not understood them correctly and are in reality inviting people to [reprehensible] innovations and hell: “It was narrated from Hudhaifah bin Yaman that the Messenger of Allah said: “There will be callers at the gates of Hell; whoever responds to them they throw them into it.” I said: “O Messenger of Allah, describe them to us.” He said: “They will be from our people, speaking our language.” I said: “What do you command me to do, if I live to see that?” He said: “Adhere to the main body of the Muslims and their leader. If there is no such body and no leader, then withdraw from all their groups, even if you bite onto the trunk of a tree until death finds you in that state.” [Ref: Ibn Majah, B36, H3979, here.]

04 - Responding To A Possible And Logical Response, Regarding Callers To Hell:

Someone may say: Hang on a second you crazy person. This Hadith is about Arabs not about Muslims living outside of Arabia and non-Arabs. I say indeed this Hadith is about Arabs and Arabic speakers. Wahhabism originated with its magically eloquent Arabic speeches and defective understandings as group of Satan [common translation horn of Satan] as was foretold by Prophet (sallallahu alayhi wa aalihi was’sallam) that a group of Satan would appear in Najd and from East of Madinah. This Hadith refers to group of Wahhabis which originated in Najd it invited people to hell and people responded to the call from Arabs and non-Arabs. Your donkey may not be Arab donkey which Prophet declared Haram but it is donkey none the less hence Haram. Hence you may not be an Arab donkey about which Prophet (sallallahu alayhi wa aalihi was’sallam) warned in the Hadith but you’re a donkey which he warned about. Your call is same as the original Wahhabis and you call to what the original Wahhabis called to but 250 years later and in your own language. This is why the Hadith applies to original Wahhabis and those who followed them and those who followed them to this day. I have strayed from my objective and I will return to it at once.

05 - Islam Perfected, Completed With Principles Allowing Good Innovative Sunnahs:

The religion of Islam was perfected by Allah (subhanahu wa ta’ala) and it was completed by Him with Quran and prophetic Sunnah. Prophet (sallallahu alayhi wa aalihi was’sallam) said: “Narrated Ibn Jarir bin Abdullah: From his father that the Messenger of Allah said: "Whoever starts a Sunnah Khayrin (i.e. good Sunnah) which is followed, then for him is a reward, and the likes of their rewards of whoever follows him, there being nothing diminished from their rewards. And whoever starts a bad tradition which is followed, then for him is the sin, and the likes of the sins of whoever follows him, there being nothing diminished from their sins." [Ref: Tirmadhi, B39, H2675] "Jarir b. 'Abdullah reported Allah's Messenger as saying: The servant does not introduce Sunnah Salihan (i.e. righteous Sunnah) which is followed after him. The rest of the hadith is the same." [Ref: Muslim, B34, H6468] “It was narrated that Abu Juhaifah said: "The Messenger of Allah said: 'Whoever introduces a Sunnah Hasanah (i.e. good practice) that is followed after him, will have a reward for that and the equivalent of their reward, without that detracting from their reward in the slightest. Whoever introduces an evil practice that is followed after him ...'" [Ref: Ibn Majah, B1, H207/H203] "Thereupon Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) said: He who introduced some good practice (i.e. Sunnah Hasanah) in Islam which was followed after him (by people) he would be assured of reward like one who followed it, without their rewards being diminished in any respect. And he who introduced some evil practice (i.e. Sunnah) in Islam which had been followed subsequently (by others) ..." [Ref: Muslim, B34, H6466] Innovation is to invent something which did not exist before and to invent and add into Islam which was not part of Islam is innovation in sense of Shari’ah. Hence Prophet (sallallahu alayhi wa aalihi was’sallam) told us there is reward for introducing in Islam innovative good Sunnahs. Therefore permissibility and legality of introducing good, virtuous, righteous innovative practices in Islam is established by these Ahadith.

06 - Rejecting Prophetic Sunnah And Following Whims And Desires:

(i) One who rejects their permissibility has in reality rejected and disbelieved in perfect completion of Islam and has disbelieved in the Ayah: “This day I have perfected for you your religion and completed my favour upon you and have approved for you Islam as religion.” [Ref: 5:3] Not only they indirectly disbelieved in the Ayah without knowing it but they have chosen a religion other than Islam and other way than way of Ahlus Sunnah Wal Jammah for themselves: “And whoever seeks a religion other than Islam, it will never be accepted of him, and in the Hereafter he will be one of the losers.” [Ref: 3:85] Word religion/Deen is in this Ayah also means sect and Islam means Ahlus Sunnah Wal Jammah hence the Ayah means, anyone who seeks a sect other than Ahlus Sunnah Wal Jammah it will never be accepted of him, and in the hereafter the one following innovation instead of Sunnah and Jammah will be amongst the losers. And evidence for this interpretation of verse is: “Narrated Aisha: Allah's Messenger said: "Whoever introduces into our matter that which is not a part of it, will have it rejected.[Ref: Bukhari, B49, H861, here.] “… he (Qasim bin Muhammad) said: All of them could be combined in one house; and then said: 'Aisha informed me that Allah's Messenger said: He who does an action which is not from us that is to be rejected. [Ref: Muslim, B18, H4267, here.] This is the interpretation which Shaykh Ibn Kathir (rahimullah) has also hinted but not quite spelt it out as I have:
"Ayah: 'And whoever seeks a religion other than Islam, it will never be accepted of him ...' Meaning: Whoever seeks other than what Allah has legislated, it will not be accepted from him, "... and in the Hereafter he will be one of the losers." Meaning: As the Prophet said in an authentic Hadith: 'Whoever commits an action that does not conform to our matter (religion) then it is rejected).'" [Ref: Tafsir Ibn Kathir, 3:85, here.] In conclusion choosing way other than of Ahlus Sunnah Wal Jammah is like choosing another religion over the religion of Islam and it is rejected. (ii) Khawarij deliver eloquent very speeches, provide magically and rationally persuasive arguments to win your hearts and minds but. Do you remember how eloquent and convincing argument against innovative good Sunnahs was? IF you have than go back [to section 2] and read the arguments again and read the refutation of it [in sections 5 and 6] and judge. IF you judge fairly you will come to conclusion that their argument has been refuted and they themselves are guilty of [reprehensible] innovations which they accuse us of.

07 - Taking Religion From Abd Is Taking Him As Khalil, Choose Khalil With Care:

Remember that flowery discourse of Kharijis is similar to seductive dance of a whore before she leads you to commit Zina. Longer you observe/hear her higher the chance you will be enticed to commit Zina and fall into Wahhabi innovation of rejecting prophetic Sunnah and disbelieving in perfect completion of Islam. Prophet (sallallahu alayhi wa aalihi was’sallam) said:
Narrated Abu Hurayrah: The Prophet said: A man follows the religion of his close friend; so each one should consider whom he makes his close-friend.” [Ref: Abu Dawud, B42, H5815, here.] This Hadith applies literally as well as figuratively. In abstract sense this Hadith also gives rise to principle: From whom ever you take your religion you have taken him as a close-friend so evaluate whom you have as a such close friend. IF you truly and sincerely care about your hereafter then do not lend your ear too easily to anyone to talk into. Choose what goes through your ear carefully and thoughtfully just as you choose what goes through your mouth to your stomach. You can neglect paying attention to what you eat at worse it will end you in hospital for one or the other reason. Heretical notions reaching your heart and mind can potentially take you to hell for a very long time.

08 -
Problem With, Permissible Repeated Fixed Time Day Date Is Innovation:

During my Deobandi years one of the criteria of declaring something innovation was; IF a permissible practice is performed on a fixed time, or day, or week, or month, or a date, or a year than that practice is innovation in Shar’ri sense [in other words reprehensible innovation]. Those who employ this methodology do so because they have a sectarian axe to grind and realize strictly adhering to prophetic guidance on the subject of innovation will not allow them to demonize permissible practices as [reprehensible] innovations. Most using this method to judge IF a certain practice is an [reprehensible] innovation employ it without knowing that this criteria of determining [reprehensible] innovation is itself [reprehensible] innovation for three reasons. Number one reason is that this principle is against prophetic teaching:
Narrated Aisha: The most beloved action to Allah's Messenger was that whose doer did it continuously and regularly.” [Ref: Bukhari, B76, H479, here.] Number two is that there is no proof in Quran, or the Sunnah which substantiates this methodology directly, or indirectly. Prophet (sallallahu alayhi wa aalihi was’sallam) has said: “Narrated Aisha: Allah's Messenger said: "Whoever introduces into our matter that which is not a part of it, will have it rejected.[Ref: Bukhari, B49, H861, here.] “… he (Qasim bin Muhammad) said: All of them could be combined in one house; and then said: 'Aisha informed me that Allah's Messenger said: He who does an action which is not from us that is to be rejected. [Ref: Muslim, B18, H4267, here.] Number three is reason that practices which have Shar’ri permissibility and are reward worthy according to Shari’ah are judged as Haram and sinful according to this methodology of determining [reprehensible] innovation.

09 - Refuting Excuse Our Principle Isn’t Made Part Of Deen Of Islam:

It would be appropriate to answer a possible response; but we don’t believe this criterion of determining [reprehensible] innovation is part of Islam, it is Ijtihad. How can you judge if something is permitted in Islam IF the criteria on which you judge is not part of Islam? You may not realize it but you have made it part of Islam which Islam. Part of revealed, or part of the Ijtihadi Islam I leave you to decide. Just in case, it is not part of Islam via route of Ijtihad and this is why it is a [reprehensible] innovation and an evil Sunnah. Prophet (sallallahu alayhi wa aalihi was’sallam) has warned us about harm of innovated reprehensible Sunnahs in following Hadith: "And he who introduced some evil practice in Islam which had been followed subsequently (by others), he would be required to bear the burden like that of one who followed this (evil practice) without their being diminished in any respect."
[Ref: Muslim, B34, H6466]

10 - An Ijtihadi Reward Worthy Alternative To Innovated Reprehensible Principle:

To change legal/Shar’ri status of actions is indeed an issue. IF something was merely permissible on the grounds that Allah (subhanahu wa ta’ala) has excused/pardoned its usage and an individual makes it Fardh, or an optional prophetic Sunnah, and accuses others of sin, warns of punishment, and issues threats of hell IF one abstain from it than individual is an innovator. The practice he has innovated doesn’t become a [reprehensible] innovation because Islam has permitted it. Hence distortions which the innovator has introduced into the permissible action will be rejected and permissible action will be engaged in as usual. To combat such types of [reprehensible] innovations IF following principle is invented and adhered to than it would be supported by indirect/implicit evidences of Hadith; Elevating the legal status of a permissible (i.e. Mubah) an action to a prophetic Sunnah, or to degree of Fardh and laying blame of sin than such additions to a Mubah are [reprehensible] innovation. Following Hadith is indirect support of this principle:
“Narrated Aisha: Allah's Messenger said: "Whoever introduces into our matter that which is not a part of it, will have it rejected.[Ref: Bukhari, B49, H861, here.] This principle is also a good Sunnah in Islam for which there is reward as told by Prophet (sallallahu alayhi wa aalihi was’sallam😞 "Thereupon Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) said: He who introduced some good Sunnah (i.e. practice, way, tradition) in Islam which was followed after him (by people) he would be assured of reward like one who followed it, without their rewards being diminished in any respect." [Ref: Muslim, B34, H6466] Hence there is nothing wrong in learning it, teaching it, and sharing it, all will get equal reward.

11 – Every Innovation Is Misguidance Means Every In Deen Is Misguidance:

Prophet (sallallahu alayhi wa aalihi was’sallam) is reported to have said every innovation is misguidance: “And he would join his forefinger and middle finger; and would further say: "The best of the speech is embodied in the Book of Allah, and the best of the guidance is the guidance given by Muhammad. And the evil affairs are their innovation; and every innovation is error." [Ref: Muslim, B4, H1885, here.] “The worst of things are those that are newly invented; every newly-invented thing is an innovation and every innovation is going astray, and every going astray is in the Fire.'” [Ref: Nisaee, B19, H1579, here.] Typically the Wahhabis quote these Ahadith to argue that every innovation is misguidance and there is no exclusion of anything. Going by the generality of wording they say celebrating Mawlid is an innovation. Various other practices whose main component is Dua to Allah (subhanahu wa ta’ala), distributing sharing food among family, friends, and wider community, including poor are all termed as innovations which take to hell. In order to refute absolute generality in, every, the Muslims argue in that case using brush and paste is innovation because Sunnah is Siwak, Bukhari and all books of Ahadith are innovations, you driving a car is innovation because Sunnah is camel and horse. They respond saying; these are not innovations into Islam rather they are innovations in worldly sense. Or they say; these are innovations in linguistic sense of the word innovation. Both statements conclude with same rationale that it is innovation in worldly sense but not in religion, it is innovation in linguistic sense but not in Shari’ah/religion sense. They conclude that every innovation in religion of Islam is misguidance not absolutely every innovation is misguidance.

12 - In Religion, Has No Foundation And This Restriction Is Dangerous:

Restricting generality of every innovation is misguidance to every innovation in religion is misguidance is erroneous on two accounts. One it has no basis in Quran neither in the prophetic Sunnah. In other words nowhere Prophet (sallallahu alayhi wa aalihi was’sallam) has made Takhsees/distinction that innovations in religion are misguidance. We have no right to add something to words of Prophet (sallallahu alayhi wa aalihi was’sallam), or to limit and restrict them to a context which isn’t established by evident Sunnah. Only limitations we are allowed to set on what Allah (subhanahu wa ta’ala) and His Messenger (sallallahu alayhi wa aalihi was’sallam) said are ones which they themselves have set. Consequences otherwise are huge and monstrous.

13 - Demonstrating Danger, Women Learn Shaykh al-Najd’s Real Innovation:

An idiot invents pole dancing before entering Masjid, Najdi women pole dance on it before they enter Masjid. Aalim says every innovation is misguidance. Spiritual daughters of Shaykh al-Najd say to backward barbarian no, no, no. Every innovation in religion is misguidance this is innovation in worldly sense. Our dancing naked is not part of Islam so you can’t apply the Hadith upon us. We do not believe it is part of Islam so it is not a misguidance. Watching us perform doesn’t earn you sins and consequently you can’t go to hell because it is not innovation in religion. And in reality pole dancing is innovation in linguistic sense and not in religion/Shari’ah sense, so no harm done.

14 - Every Innovation Intended, Or Unintended Is Made Part Of Religion:

(i) Prophet Adam’s (alayhis salam) son murdered his brother and Prophet (sallallahu alayhi wa aalihi was’sallam) told on the day of judgement he will be held responsible for every murder because he started the innovation of it:
“Narrated Abdullah: Allah's Apostle said, "Whenever a person is murdered unjustly, there is a share from the burden of the crime on the first son of Adam for he was the first to start the tradition of murdering." [Ref: Bukhari, B55, H552, here.] Prophet (sallallahu alayhi wa aalihi was’sallam) said also said: "And he who introduced some evil practice in Islam which had been followed subsequently (by others), he would be required to bear the burden like that of one who followed this (evil practice) without their being diminished in any respect." [Ref: Muslim, B34, H6466] From these two Ahadith we come to conclusion that one who initiates an action which is sinful and it is followed after him has in reality initiated an innovative evil Sunnah/practice in Islam. When it is evident that an individual act can become an evil innovation than even complex practices composed many sins can become an innovative evil Sunnah in religion of Islam. This is regardless the innovator was a Muslim, or non-Muslim, it was intended as part of Islam or not, regardless it is innovation in Islam. Hence Najdi women your intentions and beliefs about your innovations, nor intentions as to why you’re engaged in them are irrelevant when an innovative practice is composed of sins because by default your [reprehensible] innovation is judged as part of Islam like Prophet Adam’s son’s action was deemed evil Sunnah in Islam. Neither the son of Prophet Adam (alayhis salam) intended to make his evil murder part of Islam nor those who came after him but despite this it is judged so. Why? Evil actions followed are evil innovations into Islam by default. In conclusion pole dancer has absolutely no excuse of linguistic innovation, neither of this is worldly innovation and not in religion, because every sinful practice followed is innovation into Islam by default irrespective of intentions to make it part of Islam, or not: "And whoever introduces an erroneous innovation, which Allah is not pleased with nor His Messenger, then he shall receive sins similar to whoever acts upon it, without that diminishing anything from the sins of the people.” [Ref: Tirmadhi, B29, H2677] “And whoever sets an evil precedent in Islam, he will have a burden of sin for that, and the burden of those who acted in accordance with it, without that detracting from their burden in the slightest.” [Ref: Nisai, B23, H2555] (ii)  Years ago I wrote two articles explaining any/every reprehensible innovation becomes part of religion irrespective of intentions of innovator, here, here.

15 - Every Innovation Is Misguidance Restricted In Light Of Prophetic Sunnah:

Prophet (sallallahu alayhi wa aalihi was’sallam) said: “And he would join his forefinger and middle finger; and would further say: "The best of the speech is embodied in the Book of Allah, and the best of the guidance is the guidance given by Muhammad. And the evil affairs are their innovation; and every innovation is error." [Ref: Muslim, B4, H1885, here.] “The worst of things are those that are newly invented; every newly-invented thing is an innovation and every innovation is going astray, and every going astray is in the Fire.'” [Ref: Nisaee, B19, H1579, here.] And we know every innovation is misguidance is not about absolutely every innovation but every erroneous/evil innovated Sunnah because Ahadith record that Prophet (sallallahu alayhi wa aalihi was’sallam) made this distinction himself: "And whoever introduces an erroneous innovation, which Allah is not pleased with nor His Messenger, then he shall receive sins similar to whoever acts upon it, without that diminishing anything from the sins of the people.” [Ref: Tirmadhi, B29, H2677] “And whoever sets an evil precedent in Islam, he will have a burden of sin for that, and the burden of those who acted in accordance with it, without that detracting from their burden in the slightest.” [Ref: Nisai, B23, H2555] The generality is limited to, restricted to evil innovations and evil Sunnahs. How do we know what is evil innovation and of which type is intended by, every innovation is misguidance? This question is answered in the following Ahadith by Prophet (sallallahu alayhi wa aalihi was’sallam😞 “Narrated Aisha: Allah's Messenger said: "Whoever introduces into our matter that which is not a part of it, will have it rejected.[Ref: Bukhari, B49, H861, here.] “… he (Qasim bin Muhammad) said: All of them could be combined in one house; and then said: 'Aisha informed me that Allah's Messenger said: He who does an action which is not from us that is to be rejected. [Ref: Muslim, B18, H4267, here.] An innovation composed of matters and actions which do not originate in Islam is evil innovation, every such innovation is misguidance, and it takes to hell. An innovation which is composed of what is from Islam such as actions of charity, worship, encouraging good and forbidding evil, and others is innovated good Sunnah/practice in Islam which earns reward as per prophetic statement: "Thereupon Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) said: He who introduced some good Sunnah in Islam which was followed after him (by people) he would be assured of reward like one who followed it, without their rewards being diminished in any respect." [Ref: Muslim, B34, H6466] To limit and restrict the generality of words, every innovation is misguidance, in accordance with prophetic teachings than are no contradictions between Ahadith. Correctly limited generality doesn’t prohibit anything permissible i.e. Mawlid and Khatams, doesn’t permit anything prohibited pole dancing and -dolls, and most importantly correct restriction of generality in accordance with prophetic Sunnah doesn’t contradict with any other Hadith, or verse.

16 - Innovation Is What Prophet And His Companions Didn’t Do:

New initiate into Salafism holds to following definition of innovation: (i) Anything which Prophet (sallallahu alayhi wa aalihi was’sallam) did not partake in is innovation. Those who are bit more clued may add the following: (ii) Anything which Prophet (sallallahu alayhi wa aalihi was’sallam) and the three generations did not engage in is an innovation.  Those who formulated them did on the basis that companions and two generations after them acted on prophetic Sunnahs and they did not introduce innovations so anything obvious from their actions is naturally prophetic Sunnah. It is important to point out that these two ways of determining, what is an innovation in Islam, are completely and utterly without any basis from Quran/Sunnah and in reality are innovations unto themselves. Those who were aware that companions did introduce innovations into Islam they purposed another third version: (iii) Anything which Allah (subhanahu wa ta’ala), or the Messenger (sallallahu alayhi wa aalihi was’sallam) did not legislate in Islam is innovation. Those who thought about this definition in light of Hadith of every innovation is misguidance and every misguidance takes to hell realized with this third version of definition of innovation condemns those companions to hell who introduced innovations. They divided into two groups one said this third definition is correct but we have to make it clear that the innovations would have taken innovators to hell if the Prophet (sallallahu alayhi wa aalihi was’sallam) had not approved of their innovations. And because their innovations were approved they became prophetic Sunnah Taqreeri’s. The second group argued, and I was part of this, how can something that takes to hell than takes to paradise on basis that Prophet (sallallahu alayhi wa aalihi was’sallam) approved it. And it taking to paradise after approval establishes there was nothing inherently misguiding about the innovation.  This group introduced a fourth version and I was leader of it: (iv) Anything which does not agree with teaching of Quran/Sunnah is an innovation. They said following Hadith is proof of their definition: An erroneous innovation which doesn’t please Allah (subhanahu wa ta’ala) and His Messenger (sallallahu alayhi wa aalihi was’sallam) will require the innovator and its actor to bear equal burden on the judgment day. Explanation was that an innovation which is against teachings of Quran/Sunnah would not please Allah (subhanahu wa ta’ala) and Messenger (sallallahu alayhi wa aalihi was’sallam). Later it was purposed that it is better to have words of Prophet (sallallahu alayhi wa aalihi was’sallam) as definition of innovation and our words as explanation: (v) Something is an erroneous innovation when it doesn’t please Allah (subhanahu wa ta’ala) and His Messenger (sallallahu alayhi wa aalihi was’sallam). And this group argued what doesn’t please Allah (subhanahu wa ta’ala) and Messenger (sallallahu alayhi wa aalihi was’sallam) is acting on what Quran/Sunnah has declared as Shirk, Kufr, Haram, and sin. Hence a practice/custom made entirely from these, or a component of these is part of a practice than that it is an erroneous innovation. In this way they validated the meaning of following but rejected it as way of determining innovation: Anything which does not agree with teaching of Quran/Sunnah is an innovation. After much consideration I changed my position in favour of prophetic statement centric method of finding innovation which is: Something is an erroneous innovation when it doesn’t please Allah (subhanahu wa ta’ala) and His Messenger (sallallahu alayhi wa aalihi was’sallam). It is better to hold to what is evident from Hadith than to invent ways of determining what innovations are. And my advice to those who hold to the first two versions is to let them go. Good option is to hold to the third way of determining innovation and better option is to hold to fourth and its explanation. Best option is to hold to the fifth and the explanation demonstrating the way it is to be utilized.

17 - Switching Between Methodologies Of Innovation And Its Evil:

During a discussion with a brother he said anything which the Prophet (sallallahu alayhi wa aalihi was’sallam) and his companions did not engage in is an innovation. I said Prophet (sallallahu alayhi wa aalihi was’sallam) and his companions did not read, or teach, or learn Islam from Sahih Bukhari, Muslim, or any other book of Ahadith. These are innovations according to your definition. From a linguistic point of view pre-supposing companions ONLY engaged in prophetic Sunnah Sahih Bukhari and other books of Hadith are innovations because the companions didn’t engage in the mentioned using them. Once I made this point he said Bukhari and other books of Ahadith are not innovations because they are composed of Ahadith and Sunnahs of Prophet (sallallahu alayhi wa aalihi was’sallam) and Imam Bukhari (rahimullah) only compiled them into book format. He began with linguistic way of determining an innovation but when he was put in difficult spot he switched to a more technical definition of innovation and hence he reasoned it is not innovation. Without knowing, or saying it he ascribed the 4th methodology of determining innovation: (v) Something is an erroneous innovation when it doesn’t please Allah (subhanahu wa ta’ala) and His Messenger (sallallahu alayhi wa aalihi was’sallam). It is good that he switched because it indicates he has the sense and subconscious realization that linguistic methodology is not up to the challenge. The problem is when people employ linguistic definition of determining an innovation then switch to technical methodology once their action comes under attack according to their own methodology. This switching between the two is deception and misguidance on two accounts: One is that it is not only misguiding others due to deceptive tactic he actually has been deceived by Shaytan himself. Two, switching between methodologies and using linguistic definition of innovation to declare newly invented practices as Shar’ri innovations results in great deal of what Islam has allowed into category of disallowed because it becomes Haram because all Shar’ri innovations, in according to another definition reprehensible innovations are Haram. And this is against following teachings: “And what Allah restored to His Messenger from the people of the towns - it is for Allah and for the Messenger and for [his] near relatives and orphans and the [stranded] traveller - so that it will not be a perpetual distribution among the rich from among you. And whatever the Messenger has given you - take; and what he has forbidden you - refrain from. And fear Allah; indeed, Allah is severe in penalty.” [Ref: 59:7] “It was narrated that Salman Al-Farisi said: “The Messenger of Allah was asked about ghee, cheese and wild donkeys. He said: ‘What is lawful is that which Allah has permitted, in His Book and what is unlawful is that which Allah has forbidden in His Book. What He remained silent about is what is pardoned (i.e. excused from judgment).’” [Ref: Ibn Majah, B29, H3367]

18 – Consequences Of Declaring A Halal As Haram, or Haram as Halal:

One who declares something as a Shar’ri innovation using linguistic definition of innovation has judged that something to be Haram even though Allah (subhanahu wa ta’ala) allowed it by not declaring it Haram in His book. Such a person has elevated himself and his ego to level of an Ilah/god beside Allah (subhanahu wa ta’ala) because he legislates religion against the teaching of Allah (subhanahu wa ta’ala). Allah (subhanahu wa ta’ala) says:  "Have you seen the one who takes as his Ilah/god his own desire? Then would you be responsible for him?"
[Ref: 25:43] Have you seen he who has taken as his god his (own) desire, and Allah has sent him astray due to knowledge and has set a seal upon his hearing and his heart and put over his vision a veil? So who will guide him after Allah? Then will you not be reminded?” [Ref: 45:23] Shaykh Ibn Kathir (rahimullah) has explained these verses in the following way: “’Have you seen him who has taken as his god his own vain desire?’ Meaning, whatever he admires and sees as good in his own desires becomes his religion and his way. As Allah says: ‘Is he then, to whom the evil of his deeds is made fair seeming. So that he consider it as good. Verily, Allah sends astray whom he wills.’ (35:8) [Ref: Tafsir Ibn Kathir, 25:43, here.]“‘Have you seen him who takes his own lust as his god …’, who abides by his lust, and whatever his lust portrays as good he implements it, and whatever his lust portrays as evil, he abandons it!” [Ref: Tafsir Ibn Kathir, 45:23, here.] Imam Ibn Kathir’s (rahimullah) interpreted the verse in that way because part of God-hood is to determine what religion is. And to legislates religion according to his whims, desires, what makes him feel good, seems good and correct to him elevates himself to status of a God. In another verse it is recorded that Allah (subhanahu wa ta’ala) said to the Jews and Christians: They have taken their scholars and monks as lords besides Allah , and the Messiah, the son of Mary. And they were not commanded except to worship one God; there is no deity except Him. Exalted is He above whatever they associate with Him.” [Ref: 9:31] This is explanation of the verse taken from Tafsir of Shaykh Ibn Kathir (rahimullah). “The Messenger of Allah recited this Ayah: “They took their rabbis and their monks to be their lords besides Allah.” Adi commented Sunni: `They did not worship them.’ The Prophet said: ‘Yes they did. They (the Rabbis and monks) prohibited the Halal for them and allowed the Haram, and they obeyed them. This is how they worshipped them.[Ref: Tafsir Ibn Kathir, 9:31, here.] When a scholar declares, or an individual declares something as Haram directly, or declares it Haram by saying it is an innovation than the scholar/person has elevated himself to level of a god and lord beside Allah (subhanahu wa ta’ala).

19 - Helping The Oppressed Muslims By Helping The Oppressive Muslim:

Prophet (sallallahu alayhi wa aalihi was’sallam) said help the oppressed and the oppressor and companions said we understand how we can help the oppressed but how do we help the oppressor? He said by stopping him from oppressing: “Narrated Anas: Allah's Messenger said, "Help your brother, whether he is an oppressor or he is an oppressed one. People asked, "O Allah's Messenger! It is all right to help him if he is oppressed, but how should we help him if he is an oppressor?" The Prophet said, "By preventing him from oppressing others." [Ref: Bukhari,B43, H624, here.] This Hadith is relevant to people who accuse Muslims of engaging in major Shirk and [reprehensible] innovations. And consequently call them Mushrikeen and people of [reprehensible] innovation and misguidance. You may not directly use word Mushrik (i.e. polytheist), or Mubtadi (i.e. innovator) but you have accused Muslims of both when you say they engage in worshipping others beside Allah (subhanahu wa ta’ala) and engage in [reprehensible] innovations. Saying Muslims are engaged in major Shirk, or worshipping others beside Allah (subhanahu wa ta’ala) is saying they are worst type the worst type of disbeliever on earth. Thus you are oppressing Muslims and I am only helping you by telling you to, STOP. Issuing such or parroting such edicts is symptomatic of serious problems least being oppression. Such edicts are indicative of major defects in understanding of Tawheed/Shirk and what an innovation in terms Shari’ah. These complexities are a sound way of establishing one who issues these edicts, or parrots such edicts is at the very least an innovator in Shar’ri sense and is someone who has nullified his own Islam: “Narrated Abu Huraira: Allah's Messenger said, "If a man says to his (Muslim) brother, O Kafir! Then surely one of them is such." [Ref: Bukhari, B73, H175, here.]

20 - How To Discern Which Sect Is Upon Truth Of Islam:

How to understand which is the right sect? There are three ways one can manage this, the easiest way, easy, and the hardest way. Hardest and hard methods require great amount of knowledge, near scholar grade learning of Islam. I am proof it is possible without such high level learning because I started my journey of finding the rightly guided sect when I didn’t even have basic knowledge. I learnt, adopted, corrected, discarded, and did more on my journey as a seeker, all praises are for Allah. (i) The hardest way is to start with learning beliefs, practices, methodology of Doom sect than trying to see if teaching of this sect is in agreement with Quran/Sunnah. And a 100% of time you will come to conclusion, yes it is. Why? Doom sect has primed its methodology to interpret Quran/Sunnah in a way that it proves only it is rightly guided sect. They have put checks and balances in their sect teachings and methodology which forces the seekers to go round and round without knowing how to get out. And even when you try to do a comparative analysis between different sects you will be restricted by the beliefs, practices, and methodology your sect whose beliefs, practices, methodology you ascribe to. You will never be truly independent until you replace the original programing through studies and this will be long process taking years to complete. Almost everyone is and will be forced to start their journey of seeking true Islam and suffer the consequences of hardest way because you were either born in a sectarian persuasion, or brainwashed yourself into one thinking you have been guided. After years of roaming free on this methodology I eventually reached the stage where I lost faith in scholarship of Salafi scholars I loved and held in esteem. I had arrived at the junction of, easy way. (ii) Easy way is to start learning what the Quran and Sunnah say. Interpret Quran with Quran/Hadith and interpret prophetic sayings with his own sayings and not through interpretations of other scholars. You need to do this especially on the issues which are disputed between Muslims. Trust me on issues which the Ummah is divided and which greatly impact the unity is subject of innovations, Tawheed/Shirk, and one group accusing all others of engaging in innovations and major Shirk. These two subjects can be comprehensively studied in light of Quran and Sunnah without needing any input of any scholar and a definitive judgment can be arrived at. It would suffice to say that Messenger (sallallahu alayhi wa aalihi was’sallam) did not leave us without guidance on these issues. Wallah il-Azeem he provided complete guidance on how related Ahadith have to be understood. He left nothing to our imagination. Complete comprehensive detailed understanding of will Ummah commit major Shirk, when it will happen, if they will be Muslims or Kafirs, Arabs or non-Arabs, and which idols they would worship. All these details are in the Ahadith but liars and Dajjals distort these Ahadith weave their own narrative around these Ahadith without intertextual explanation. The barbarians of Najd need to carry out intertextual study of Ahadith in question. They will wake up to realization of a massive deception and distortion of Quran/Sunnah. I had once again arrived at another junction but this time I arrived there with confidence but wanted added certainty if my research has been correct. This led me to the easiest way. (iii) The easiest way is to trust, accept and follow the instructions of Prophet (sallallahu alayhi wa aalihi was’sallam) to which he left us in his Sunnah. He has not left us upon the total mercy of scholars and complexities of learning instead he has left of clear emphatic guidance how to find the rightly guided sect and what are its signs. I will explain in the following sections and share Ahadith which enable believers to determine who is upon true guidance of Islam and who they are supposed to be following.

21 - Follow The Majority, Follow The Jammah In Disputes:

Prophet (sallallahu alayhi wa aalihi was’sallam) said: “I heard the Messenger of Allah (subhanahu wa ta’ala) say: My nation will not unite on misguidance, so if you see them differing, follow the great majority.’” [Ref: Ibn Majah, B36, H3950, here.] “Abu Dhar (Allah be pleased with him) reported from the Prophet (Peace be upon him)that, "Two are better than one, and three better than two; so stick to the Jama'ah for verily Allah, Most Great and Glorious, will only unite my nation on guidance." [Ref: Musnad Ahmad, Kitab Al-Ansar, Abu Zar Al Ghafari, Hadith 20776, here.] Prophet (sallallahu alayhi wa aalihi was’sallam) said two is better than one, three is better than two than he instructed us to stick to the majority, to the Jammah which is the better of two.

22 -
Follow They Jammah, They Will Continuously Exist Till Judgment Day:

(i) Prophet (sallallahu alayhi wa aalihi was’sallam) said: “… the Prophet said: This religion will continue to exist, and a group of people from the Muslims will continue to fight for its protection until the Hour is established.” [Ref: Muslim, B20, H4717, here.] Meaning of this Hadith is that pure/true religion of Islam will continue to exist and Muslims will fight for it until the judgement day. This Islam is of those who follow the prophetic Sunnah, adhere to the path laid down by Jammah of companions, and by over whelming majority of Islamic scholarship. (ii) Prophet (sallallahu alayhi wa aalihi was’sallam) also said: “… Messenger of Allah said: A group of people from my Ummah will always remain triumphant on the right path and continue to be triumphant (against their opponents). He who deserts them shall not be able to do them any harm. They will remain in this position until Allah's Command is executed (i.e. Qiyamah is established)." [Ref: Muslim, B20, H4715, here.] “… any tradition other than this in the course of his sermon from the pulpit; Whom Allah wants to do a favour, He grants him an understanding of religion. A group of people from the Muslims will remain on the Right Path and continue until the Day of Judgment to triumph over those who oppose them.” [Ref: Muslim, B20, H4720, here.] “Mu'awiyah bin Qurrah narrated that his father said: The Messenger of Allah said: "A group of my Ummah will continue to prevail and they will never be harmed by those who forsake them, until the Hour begins." [Ref: Ibn Majah, B1, H6, here.] “Abu Hurairah narrated that: The Messenger of Allah said: "A group of my Ummah will continue to adhere steadfastly to the command of Allah and those who oppose them will not be able to harm them.” [Ref: Ibn Majah, B1, H7, here.] “It was narrated from Thawban that: The Messenger of Allah said: "A group among my Ummah will continue to follow the truth and prevail, and those who oppose them will not be able to harm them, until the command of Allah comes to pass." [Ref: Ibn Majah, B1, H10, here.] In other words this sect will have a consistent and continuous chain of transmission from when the statement was uttered by Prophet (sallallahu alayhi wa aalihi was’sallam) to the present and will continue to judgment day from today. Hence IF a sect has emerged on scene centuries later, or a sect has appeared during the time of Prophet (sallallahu alayhi wa aalihi was’sallam), disappeared, than re-appeared like Khawarij than it is not victorious/dominant group told in the Hadith. About Khawarij it is recorded:
“It was narrated that Sharik bin Shihab said: "I used to wish that I could meet a man among the Companions of the Prophet and ask him about the Khawarij. Then I met Abu Barzah on the day of Id, with a number of his companions. I said to him: 'Did you hear the Messenger of Allah mention the Khawarij?' He said: 'Yes. […] Then he said: "A people will come at the end of time; as if he is one of them, reciting the Qur'an without it passing beyond their throats. They will go through Islam just as the arrow goes through the target. Their distinction will be shaving. They will not cease to appear until the last of them comes with Al-Masih Ad-Dajjal. So when you meet them, then kill them, they are the worst of created beings." [Ref: Nisaee, B37, H4108, here.] They only appear again and again it is because they go extinct and their teachings are revived in some capacity. This process as the Hadith says will continue until the appearing of Dajjal. Another Hadith establishes chain of transmission of beliefs and practices: … saying Muslim bin Yasār informed me that he heard Abā Hurayrah saying, the Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings of Allah upon him, said: ‘There will be in the end of time charlatan liars coming to you with narrations that you nor your fathers heard, so beware of them lest they misguide you and cause you tribulations’.’ [Ref: Muslim, Introduction, Hadith 15, here.] Hadith records Prophet (sallallahu alayhi wa aalihi was’sallam) their will appear deceivers/charlatans purposing things which you, nor your forefathers would have heard. This Hadith is indicating that their teachings will have no continuous chain of transmission: "Thawban narrated that the Messenger of Allah said: "I only fear for my Ummah from the misguiding scholars." He said that the Messenger of Allah said: "There will never cease to be a group from my Ummah manifest upon the truth, they will not be harmed by those who forsake them until Allah's Decree comes." [Ref: Tirmadhi, B7, H2229, here.]

23 – Victorious Group, Or The Saved Group Is A Sect:

(i) It needs to be said and established that this group adhering to pure Islam will not be entirely upon Islam which Prophet (sallallahu alayhi wa aalihi was’sallam) brought to us. Rather this group would take a shape of sect within Islam as indicated by Hadith of seventy-three sects, seventy-two go to hell, and one sect is to enter paradise:
I swear by the One in whose possession is the soul of Muhammad, my nation will split into seventy-three sects, one of which will be in Paradise and seventy-two in Hell.” It was said: “O Messenger of Allah, who are they?He said: “The main body (i.e. the Jammah). [Ref: Ibn Majah, B36, H3992, here.] It has already been established in section twenty-one of this article that the Jammah is the majority of Muslims and their scholarship. (ii) Now we know who they are but how can this dominant be upon the Quran and Sunnah than IF it was influenced and affected by controversies and ravages of time? Short answer is that the Jammah (i.e. group), is Sawad al-Azam (i.e. the great majority), is Ahl al-Jannah (i.e. people of paradise) because they have adhered to prophetic Sunnahs and correctly judged new matters and controversies that arose after death of Prophet (sallallahu alayhi wa aalihi was’sallam) in light of principle methodology evident in Quran and prophetic Sunnah.

24 - The Long Answer, Why Jammah Transformed Into A New Jammah:

(i) Those who opposed the Jammah did so because some totally rejected components of prophetic Sunnah, and others accepted most of it but distorted the meaning of some prophetic Sunnahs so it suites their sectarian cause. Undeniable example of distortion of prophetic Sunnah is Ahadith of, whoever introduces a good Sunnah in Islam. Others delved into Mutashabihaat (i.e. ambiguous) verses of Quran and rejected the censors of Mukham (i.e. clear) verses. Hence this group anthropomorphised Allah (subhanahu wa ta’ala) with limbs, eyes, shins and other body parts. Sensing the danger of idolatry the mainstream Islamic scholarship reinforced authority of Mukham verses over Mutashabihaat verses and warned about the danger:
“So as for those in whose hearts there is a deviation (from the truth) they follow that which is not entirely clear…” [Ref: 3:7] They provided clarification about verses and Ahadith which were being distorted to support idolization of Allah (subhanahu wa ta’ala). This controversy gave rise to four schools of thought. Three are guided and one is idolatrous, Ashari, Maturidi, Athari are guided and Mujassimah (i.e. anthropomorphist’s) of in variation including Wahhabis/Salafis are misguided. (ii) Even though the Jammah has morphed into a sect and it is no longer what the companions were. Yet the Jammah has not altered the religion of Islam but has been striving to protect, preserve the true meaning of Quran/Sunnahs which the companions were upon. The Jammah has provided explanations, written books, all in order to ensure message of true Islam remains as it was received. They have ensured we correctly understand, Hadith, Allah (subhanahu wa ta’ala) created Prophet Adam (alayhis salam) in his image, to mean in image Prophet Adam (alayhis salam) and not in His own image. Honourable and righteous Abu Bakr, Umar, Uthman, and Ali may never have read the discourse on this Hadith which Ahlus Sunnah Wal Jammah produced when Mujassimah originated. They even maybe shocked by what they read but the content produced by Jammah would be upheld by them, no doubt, because it will uphold their belief as it upholds the belief of who produced it. In conclusion many controversies that plagued Ummah has resulted in great quantity of detail on various aspects of religion of Islam but this content is not distortion of Islam rather preservation of original message that was received by us. Like I have explained the correct meaning of Hadith, whoever introduces good Sunnah in Islam, in section five of this article. Wahhabis distort this Hadith and say it means prophetic Sunnahs, or they say it refers to context of event in which the statement was made, but I have explained what the natural meaning of Hadith is. The discourse on this Hadith maybe new to companions of Prophet (sallallahu alayhi wa aalihi was’sallam) but what is establishes is what they believed and new discourse has prevented distortion of Islam and has helped to maintain its purity. The Jammah has acquired a new identity because of the content it has produced and teaches in order to preserve the original message of Islam. It is the same old Jammah doing exactly what the earlier ones did but the difference it has recruited new armies, new outlook, new weapons, and it is facing new enemies but they are fighting the same old battle, to preserve the pure message of Islam. (iii) The Jammah also allowed and accepted good innovative Sunnahs to be engaged in because the Prophet (sallallahu alayhi wa aalihi was’sallam) granted permission them and told of reward for those who follow it. This means Jammah has altered/changed in their practice of Islam but this change is not against the prophetic teaching but in accordance with prophetic teaching. Members of the very first Jammah, i.e. companions, introduced innovative good Sunnahs in Islam. One such is Tarawih of entire month of Ramadhan. Prophetic Sunnah of Tarawih is only three days of month of Ramadhan and that too three days in last ten days of Ramadhan. About which Umar (radiallah ta’ala anhu) said: “Then on another night I went again in his company and the people were praying behind their reciter. On that, 'Umar remarked what an excellent innovation this is but the prayer which they do not perform, but sleep at its time is better than the one they are offering.' He meant the prayer in the last part of the night. (In those days) people used to pray in the early part of the night." [Ref: Bukhari, B32, H227] Following is what was prophetic Sunnah: “… when he bows, then bow; when he says Sami’ Allahu liman hamidah, then say Rabbana wa lakal-hamd; when he prostrates then prostrate; and if he prays sitting down then pray sitting down.” [Ref: Ibn Majah, B5, H1238]  In another Hadith it is recorded a companion invented and recited a new Tasbih in presence of Prophet (sallallahu alayhi wa aalihi was’sallam) which was not part of Salah, nor Islam:  "Sami`a l-lahu liman hamidah." A man behind him said, "Rabbana wa laka l-hamdu, hamdan kathiran taiyiban mubarakan fihi." [Ref: Bukhari, B12, H764] Just as the Jammah of companions introduced good innovative Sunnahs and they are acted on to this day; the Jammah that came after them introduced their own good innovative Sunnahs such as Mawlid. We cannot accuse the companions of leaving/abandoning the prophetic teaching. Why? Because they introduced innovative good Sunnahs due to principles and methodology they had learnt from Prophet (sallallahu alayhi wa aalihi was’sallam). And the Jammah today and past cannot and should not be accused of altering the Deen for the same reason, i.e. principles and methodology we have inherited allow innovative good Sunnahs to be made part of Islam through Ijtihad. In conclusion the practices are not the same but the methodology and principles which gave rise to differences are same. Hence both groups are united on principles and methodology but divided by practices and there is nothing wrong in this. What establishes the Jammah is adherence to prophetic Sunnahs and principles and methodology of Prophet (sallallahu alayhi wa aalihi was’sallam). In this context new and the old Jammah is one and the same. The Jammah of every era leaves something which the ones who come later act upon and accept. This has happened from the time of companions to present and will continue.

25 – One Who Leaves The Jammah Dies Death Of Ignorance:

It was already established in previous sections that the Jammah mentioned in Hadith is majority but I will quote the relevant Ahadith again to set the stage for what will follow them: “I heard the Messenger of Allah (subhanahu wa ta’ala) say: My nation will not unite on misguidance, so if you see them differing, follow the great majority.’” [Ref: Ibn Majah, B36, H3950, here.] “Abu Dhar (Allah be pleased with him) reported from the Prophet (Peace be upon him)that, "Two are better than one, and three better than two; so stick to the Jama'ah for verily Allah, Most Great and Glorious, will only unite my nation on guidance." [Ref: Musnad Ahmad, Kitab Al-Ansar, Abu Zar Al Ghafari, Hadith 20776, here.] Leaving the majority of Muslims, the Jammah of Muslims, for an idiotic minority will have serious consequences. Prophet (sallallahu alayhi wa aalihi was’sallam) said:
"Narrated Ibn Abbas: The Prophet said, "Whoever notices something which he dislikes done by his ruler, then he should be patient, for whoever becomes separate from the company of the Muslims even for a span and then dies, he will die as those who died in the pre-lslamic period of ignorance." [Ref: Bukhari, B88, H177, here.] “It has been narrated on the authority of Abu Huraira that the Messenger of Allah said: One who defected from obedience (to the Amir) and separated from the main body of the Muslims (it is as) if he died in that state, would die the death of one belonging to the days of pre-Islamic days of ignorance. One who fights under the banner of a ...” [Ref: Muslim, B20, H4555, here.] “It was narrated that Abu Hurairah said: "The Messenger of Allah said: 'Whoever parts from obedience, and splits away from the Jama'ah and dies, then he has died a death of Jahiliyyah. Whoever rebels against my Ummah, killing good and evil people alike, and does not try to avoid killing the believers, and does not pay attention to those who are under a covenant then he is not of me. [Ref: Nisaee, B37, H4119, here.] One who leaves the majority i.e. Sawad al-Azam of this Ummah’s believers and scholars, and joins Arab Kharijis has responded to callers of hell and he will be with them in the hell: “It was narrated from Hudhaifah bin Yaman that the Messenger of Allah said: “There will be callers at the gates of Hell; whoever responds to them they throw them into it.” I said: “O Messenger of Allah, describe them to us.” He said: “They will be …” [Ref: Ibn Majah, B36, H3979, here.] One who leaves the Jammah leaves it to follow a sect of seventy-two sects detined to hell: I swear by the One in whose possession is the soul of Muhammad, my nation will split into seventy-three sects, one of which will be in Paradise and seventy-two in Hell.” It was said: “O Messenger of Allah, who are they?He said: “The main body (i.e. the Jammah). [Ref: Ibn Majah, B36, H3992, here.]

26 - Retracing Theological History Of Wahhabism:

Sect today known as Wahhabism/Salafism originally appeared as Taymiyyah-ism some eight hundred years ago and it was then the ONLY non-murderous Khariji sect. Taymiyyah-ism was composed of Sunnism predominately, strongly influenced by anthropomorphic sect called Karamiyyah. To this mix he invented understandings of divisions of Tawheed/Shirk which had no precedent in Quran/Sunnah, or the scholarship. And I have strong suspicion Shaykh Ibn Taymiyyah was also influenced by Kharijis of some persuasion because his judgement Istighathah is major Shirk can only originate out of Khariji understanding of and principles of determining Tawheed/Shirk. Combination of these three sects gave rise to Taymiyyah-ism. Taymiyyah-ism died with Shaykh Ibn Taymiyyah and went to his grave with him pretty much soon after his death. This non-violent soft Kharijism of Shaykh Ibn Taymiyyah was repacked with Azraqi Khariji barbarity, brutality, and butchery with elements of Ibadhi Kharijism in the 17th century by Shaykh Muhammad Ibn Abdul Wahhab, resident of Najd, and formed Wahhabism/Salafism. Combination of three Khariji sects, Taymiyyah-ism, Azraqism, and Ibadhism makes today’s Wahhabism.

27 – Wahhabis And Salafis Are Not Jammah Neither Part Of It:

Like Azraqa adherents Wahhabism have in past and in present plagued the Muslim world with unimaginable suffering; the suicide attacks, in mosques, wedding halls, schools, nurseries, markets, planes, kidnappings, beheading and targeted killing of religious personalities who disagree with them, kidnapping of Muslim/non-Muslim woman and keeping them as slave, was and is done by Wahhabis. The Azraqi Kharijis were so extreme and zealous they would kill man, woman, children, old, young, combatants, non-combatants, some accounts say they even killed animals belonging to enemies, and they killed sinners and pious alike: “… who gets flared up with family pride and fights for his tribe is not from my Ummah, and whosoever from my followers attacks my followers (indiscriminately) killing the righteous and the wicked of them, sparing not (even) those staunch in faith and fulfilling not his obligation towards them who have been given a pledge (of security), is not from me (i.e. is not my follower).” [Ref: Muslim, B20, H4557, here.] The only difference between Wahhabis and Azraqa barbarity and butchery of Muslims is that Azraqa got close up and personal when it came to killing. Their modern off-shoot, Wahhabis, originally did exactly what the Azraqa did. They killed old, young, male, female, combatants, non-combatants, sinners, pious, scholars, and laymen, no one was spared while conquering Arabia to establish Wahhabi state of Arabia. In this modern age of science and technology they have changed and progressed to suicide bombings, and bombings to kill the same people. That is not to say their action is totally without Azraqi precedent. You’re totally wrong if you made this assumption. The Azraqa sent their suicide-sword-attackers in markets and mosques. Whose sole objective was to kill as many before getting killed. Their modern co-religionists are going into suicide bombings with exactly same intention kill many as I can. Same death and destruction only the dance which leads to it is different.

28 - Wahhabis Are Khawarij And The Worst Creatures In Creation Of Allah:

(i) Prophet (sallallahu alayhi wa aalihi was’sallam) said out of Najd will originate afflictions, tribulations, calamities and earthquakes and group of Satan will originate from Najd hence he refused to make Dua for the resident of Najd: “Narrated Ibn `Umar: (The Prophet) said, "O Allah! Bless our Sham and our Yemen." People said, "Our Najd as well." The Prophet again said, "O Allah! Bless our Sham and Yemen." They said again: "Our Najd as well." On that the Prophet said: "There will appear earthquakes and afflictions, and from there will come out the side of the group of Satan." [Ref: Bukhari, B17, H147, here.] Word Qarn means horn, group, and period therefore it can be horn, group, or a period of Satan. Prophet (sallallahu alayhi wa aalihi was’sallam) did not make Dua for people of Najd because from there group of Satan a period of, an era of group of Satan will begin. Words Qarn ash-Shaytan were used to describe Khawarij by Prophet (sallallahu alayhi wa aalihi was’sallam). Founder of Wahhabism Shaykh Muhammad Ibn Abdul Wahhab resided in historical region of Najd, here. Najd is a vast region in Arabia. In the linked document you will find confirmation. (ii) Prophet (sallallahu alayhi wa aalihi was’sallam) described the characteristics of this group; they will kill Muslims but leave the Mushriks alone. Wahhabis killed Muslims with impunity but the British Christian polytheists occupying Arabian coast were totally safe from Wahhabi Jihad. He said they will shave their heads [skin head type of shaving] and Wahhabis had unique trait of completely shaving the hair like Kharijis of old. Shaykh Sayyid Abd ar-Rahman Ibn Sulayman al-Ahdal made this observation about Wahhabis and said; shaving of heads was never done by any sect except Khawarij. Prophet (sallallahu alayhi wa aalihi was’sallam) said they will fold their lion cloth [to raise the level of trousers above ankles] and Wahhabis did that too. The only group out of Najd and to embody these characteristics consistently and which it was known for were Wahhabis: Imam Ibn Hajr al-Asqalani (rahimullah) in his commentary on Sahih al-Bukhari, Fath ul-Bari Sharh Sahih ul-Bukhari states: “Certainly the norm amongst the Khawarij was to shave their heads bald. The pious predecessors allowed the hair to grow in length and did not shave. It is the way of Khawarij (to shave the hair).” [Ref: Fath ul-Bari Sharh, Volume 8, Pages 68/69.] First generation Wahhabis strictly followed this practice and it remained until Western influence among Arabs changed them. Despite the change they have been identified Kharijis and no matter in what garb they come to you must remember Shaytan and his group will attack your Iman and Islam in many ways. (iii) Abdullah Ibn Umar (radiallah ta’ala anhu) made observation about Khawarij and it has been narrated and has reached us: “And the statement of Allah: 'Allah will not mislead a people after He has guided them, until He makes clear to them what to avoid.' (9:115) And Ibn Umar used to consider them (the Khawarij and the Mulhidun) the worst of Allah's creatures and said: "These people took some verses that had been revealed concerning the disbelievers and interpreted them as (if these verses are) describing the believers. [Ref: Bukhari, Vol 9, Page 49, Chap 6: Killing Of The Khawarij.] How can the Khawarij apply verses on Muslims which were revealed about Kafirs? They interpreted verses revealed for disbelievers as IF these verses were describing beliefs and practices of Muslims than they declared Muslims as Mushrikeen and Kafirs. The Kharijis in form of Wahhabis which we have encountered also did the same. For example Shaykh Muhammad Ibn Abdul Wahhab applied verses in which Mushrikeen denied resurrection and judgment day upon Muslims of Arabia. Wahhabis apply Shar’ri Dua verses on non-Shar’ri call of help such as Istighathah. Wahhabis deem Istighathah Shirk so they did not only targeted practitioners of Istighathah but those whom the help is sought also became target of their refutations. In this effort Wahhabis applied verses which mention inabilities of idols than said these are also the characteristics of deceased Muslims, Awliyah, and Prophets. In conclusion Wahhabis have not only kept up the Khariji tradition but have developed a new direction. Proof is in their books. Take any book authored by originator of Khariji apostasy such as Kitab at-Tawheed, Kashf ash-Shubuhaat, and any other book on subject of Wahhabi Tawheed/Shirk authored by any Wahhabi scholar, and you will witness the truth of what I have said. (iv) Prophet (sallallahu  alayhi wa aalihi was’sallam) made the following statement keeping in mind the Khawarij – there is no other sect in history who was guilty of all three except Khawarij: “Three things are the roots of faith: (i) To refrain from (killing) a person who says “there is no Deity worthy of worship except Allah” (ii) Not to declare him unbeliever whatever sin he commits (iii) and also not to declare him out of Islam due to any of his action/deed.” [Ref: Abu Dawud, B14, H2170] First wave of followers of Wahhabi apostasy killed Muslims who openly, loudly, clearly professed and believed in la ilaha il-Allah Muhammad just like the Khawarij. They declared those who prostrated to creations out of ignorance of Islam as Kafirs and Mushriks. When in reality they were only guilty of a major sin because prostration to any creation is Haram in our Shari’ah. They declared on who kisses the walls of Prophet’s burial chamber is a Mushrik. I suppose Wahhabi Tawheed has a hidden tenet, kissing Allah’s (subhanahu wa ta’ala) burial chamber is Tawheed, or kissing Allah (subhanahu wa ta’ala) is Tawheed. Anyhow kissing Prophet’s burial chamber is not minor sin, neither major yet they declared Muslims are Mushriks for doing this. Don’t believe me? On your Umrah or Hajj kiss it and hear out you will be told this is Shirk. Kharijis were somewhat sane compared to Wahhabis because they didn’t declare you Kafir and Mushrik for non-sin acts. Wahhabis have developed Khariji theology while holding to original Khariji practice of declaring Kafir due to sins. Wahhabis have declared Muslims out of Islam because of actions they engage in even though Prophet (sallallahu alayhi wa aalihi was’sallam) forbade it. In conclusion Wahhabis broke all three roots of Iman and consequence of that is, zero Iman in their hearts, even though Islam is on their tongues. In conclusion Wahhabis are Kharijis a sub sect of Kharijism.

29 – Explaining Why Certain Attitude Was Adopted And Advice:

(i) With regards to one who makes Takfir and one who believes it: Prophet (sallallahu alayhi wa aalihi was’sallam) said: “It is narrated on the authority of Jabir that he heard the (Holy Prophet) say: A Muslim is he from whose hand and tongue the Muslims are safe.” [Ref: Muslim, B1, H65, here.] “Abu Musa said: "The Messenger of Allah was asked: 'Which of the Muslims is the most virtuous?' He said: 'The one whom the Muslims are safe from his tongue and his hand.'" [Ref: Tirmadhi, B11, H2504, here.] A Muslim is one who doesn’t abuse a Muslim and he who verbally abuses a Muslim is not righteous. How much an amazing Muslim is he who does worse than abusing and is busy declaring, they’re Mushrikeen, innovators, and killing them is permissible. Protect Muslims from harm of your tongue and hands. Evil is he who declares and one believes alongside him that people of, la ilaha il-Allah, are Mushrikeen worse in Shirk than Arabs which Prophet (sallallahu alayhi wa aalihi was’sallam) encountered, and than has gone to kill tens of thousands due to this belief. Prophet (sallallahu alayhi wa aalihi was’sallam) said: "And he who introduced some evil practice in Islam which had been followed subsequently (by others), he would be required to bear the burden like that of one who followed this (evil practice) without their being diminished in any respect." [Ref: Muslim, B34, H6466] Stay away from such extremism and Kufr. In a comparison between, best out of Mushrikeen and the worst amongst people of la ilaha il-Allah, the person who professes la ilaha il-Allah is better by infinite margin. (ii) With regards to what you hear and how to reference it: It is better to say they say this is Shirk, they say it is an innovation than to say, this is Shirk, this is innovation. Also attribute it back to the source you got the information from and never attribute it back to Quran/Sunnah until you have made it absolutely certain this is what the Quran/Sunnah states. Never do it this even IF your source says I have got it from Quran/Sunnah. Always attribute it back to the book, or person. IF you strive to not to attribute to Allah (subhanahu wa ta’ala) and His Messenger (sallallahu alayhi wa aalihi was’sallam) what is not from them than Allah (subhanahu wa ta’ala) will reward you in the same way. He will protect you from misguidance as you protected His religion by not attributing misguidance to it. (iii) With regards to telling you to STOP: You have seen the enormity and how damaging certain statements are even though you make them without knowledge and without realizing the consequences. I interrupt and tell you to STOP not to intimidate you, or to boss you around, instead I only tell you to STOP because I understand the consequences of what you’ve uttered, the enormity these words are, and to stop from making matters worse in sight of Allah (subhanahu wa ta’ala). Prophet (sallallahu alayhi wa aalihi was’sallam) has said:
“Whoever among you sees evil, let him change it with his hand. If he is unable to do so, then with his tongue. If he is unable to do so, then with his heart, and that is the weakest level of faith.” [Ref: Muslim, B1, H79, here.] My instruction to, STOP, is me acting on prophetic Sunnah and to protect your Iman and not to intimidate you into silence. (iv) With regards to following scholars because they are experts: Prophet (sallallahu alayhi wa aalihi was’sallam) said: “Thawban narrated that the Messenger of Allah said: "I only fear for my Ummah from the misguiding leaders/scholars." He said that the Messenger of Allah said: "There will never cease to be a group from my Ummah manifest upon the truth, they will not be harmed by those who forsake them until Allah's Decree comes." [Ref: Tirmadhi, B7, H2229, here.] "Ziyad b. Hudair said that ‘Umar asked him whether he knew what demolishes Islam, and that when he replied that he did not, he said, "The slip of a learned man, the disputation of a hypocrite about the Book, and the rule of imams who lead men astray.” Darimi transmitted it." [Ref: Mishkat, B2, H65, here.] Number of times you argued we have to follow the scholars because they know the Deen. I am not confident I made you realize that every scholar isn’t guided. Scholars can be misguided and heretical. The majority of Muslims are the Jammah and the group with continuous chain of transmission going all the way back to Prophet (sallallahu alayhi wa aalihi was’sallam) are sect which will enter paradise out of seventy-three hence to follow their scholarship is right course of action in matters of religion. (v) With regards to my questioning and the motives behind it: I ask you questions and based on your answers I share knowledge with you, or correct your mistakes. I am not attacking you, or insinuating you’re intellectually deficient, or trying to belittle you, or to embarrass you into silence. I am only trying to help you by challenging your preconceived notions, misapprehensions by questioning you and establishing through the answers your errors in Deen. Answering these questions truthfully and according to best of your knowledge will only help you. IF you provide correct answer to the question than it is all good and well. IF incorrectly than I provide the correct answer in light of Quran/Sunnah so you may understand and adopt what is right/just according to religion of Islam. It is in your own best interest to answer questions and accept corrections. Help me with your answers so I can help you understand Islam better. (vi) With regards to me pointing out you’re not Sunni but Wahhabi: I pointed out you’re Wahhabi when you claimed you’re Sunni and when I did this my objective was to make you realize you’re not thinking you’re unaware of the distinctions between Sunnism and Wahhabism. When we parted ways and in the days that followed I spent time reflecting over what was said to you and what you said. I realized and now regret that I pointed your sectarian persuasion because it caused you an embarrassment in the context we were in. I offer my sincere apologies in this regard. Make Dua Allah (subhanahu wa ta’ala) guides both of us.

Wama alayna ilal balagh ul-mubeen.
Muhammed Ali Razavi.

• 2 weeks later...

Things are part of Islam and connected with Islam based on the rulings. Eating camel is part of Islam. It is connected through ruling about it. It is Halal and permissible, ruling, it is Sunnah, ruling. Everyhing is connected with Islam due to the rulings about it. Alcohol is part of Islam. How? The ruling it is fobbiden. Jihad is part of Islam because ruling is that it is prescribed, what we can do and cant do in it, is part of Islam, why because their are rulings permitting and probhibiting in Islam. Everything is connected with Islam via some type of ruling. Jihad, interest, Zina, alcohol, chicken, biryani, Pizza, Hadith, Quran recitation, Salah, Hajj, everything is connected because there is some Hukm on it in Islam. Judgment it is good, bad, Halal Haram Mubah Makrooh ... all these are rulings and in someway  connect everything to Islam ... in the same way Zina is connected with Islam ... due to rulings/hukm  ...

بحث میں حصہ لیں

آپ ابھی پوسٹ کرکے بعد میں رجسٹر ہوسکتے ہیں۔ اگر آپ پہلے سے رجسٹرڈ ہیں تو سائن اِن کریں اور اپنے اکاؤنٹ سے پوسٹ کریں۔
نوٹ: آپ کی پوسٹ ناظم کی اجازت کے بعد نظر آئے گی۔

اس ٹاپک پر جواب دیں

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• حالیہ دیکھنے والے   0 اراکین

• کوئی رجسٹرڈ رُکن اس صفحے کو نہیں دیکھ رہا