Prophet’s Companions: Finest human beings and examples of piety

Attari.Rafique

تجویز کردہ جواب

(salam)

(bis)

THE Companions of Prophet Muhammad, peace be upon him, were like no other humans that lived or will ever live on this earth. They welcomed the Prophet as the Last Messenger of Allah and declared their faith, one by one, in Allah as the One and Only Lord of this World without so much a flinching.

They fought for Islam when Muslims were clearly the minority and under the threat of extinction when Islam first took root in the deserts of Arabia. The noble Companions sacrificed their lives, families and every human comfort imaginable simply for the sake of Allah.

The Prophet said this of his noble Companions who fought alongside him in many battles to ensure that the last message from Allah would be spread far and wide:

“Fear Allah; fear Allah and (Refrain from using bad language) about my Companions! (He said it twice) Do not make them the target of your attacks after me! Whoever loves them, loves them on account of his love of me; whoever hates them, hates them on account of his hatred of me. He who maligns them, has maligned me, and he who maligns me, has maligned Allah, and it is embedment that Allah punishes those who malign him.” (Tirmidhi)

One of the noblest Companions was named Habib ibn Zayd Al Ansari. He was born into a distinguished family with his father being one of the first people to convert to the new religion of Islam and his mother went down in Islamic history as the very first female to fight in battle to defend Islam and the Prophet.

Habib pledged his allegiance to the Prophet as a young boy and declared his faith in Allah Almighty. The Muslims, at this point in time, were facing threats from all sides and there were several battles that were bravely fought the most notable being the Battles of Badr and Uhud.

Habib desperately wanted to fight alongside the other believers, as his faith was unshakeable. However, he was too young and was forced to stand on the sidelines unable to defend his people or his faith.

Regardless, simply watching the bravery of the Muslim fighters in battle had an effect on Habib’s heart, which would strengthen his faith and love for Allah and His Messenger.

In the 9th year following the Hijrah, a delegation from Najd came to Makkah to speak with the Prophet. At this time, Islam had already spread so rapidly that Muslims were the majority in Arabia and were a force to be reckoned with. The leader of the delegation, Musaylamah ibn Habib, declared to the Prophet in person that not only he but also his entire tribe believed in the Message of Islam and wanted to declare their faith publicly.

The Prophet welcomed them with open arms and indeed all the members of the delegation recited the Islamic Declaration of Faith (I bear witness that there is no god but Allah, and I bear witness that Muhammad (peace be upon him) is the Final Messenger). The delegation soon mounted their horses and journeyed back to Najd to supposedly tell the entire city about the new faith of Islam and encourage everyone to embrace it.

However, things took a sinister turn when Musaylamah went back and declared he too was Allah’s messenger and that the people should follow him. In utter disobedience to Allah and the Declaration of Faith they just took in Makkah, the entire delegation renounced Islam and extolled Musaylamah as Allah’s messenger.

As his people rallied around him in adoration, Musaylamah’s heart burst with power and pride. He immediately wrote a letter to the Last Prophet and sent two horsemen to deliver it to Makkah. The letter said this:

“From Musaylamah, the messenger of God to Muhammad, the messenger of God. Peace be on you. I am prepared to share this mission with you. I shall have (control over) half the land and you shall have the other half. But the Quraysh are an aggressive people.”

The Prophet was understandably upset. He replied: “In the name of Allah, from Muhammad the Messenger of Allah to the imposter Musaylamah, peace be upon who follows the guidance of Allah who will give the Earth to whichever servants He wills and those who are dutiful to Allah will be victorious.”

The Prophet dispatched the letter with two of his Companions who delivered it to Musaylamah in Najd. Musaylamah ignored the letter and continued to promote himself as a Prophet of Allah. Musyalamah’s corruption, evil and deceit grew so immense that the Prophet decided to send him yet another letter asking him to give up his evil deed of leading people away from the truth which is undoubtedly Islam. This time the Prophet sent Habib, who was still enjoying his youth, to deliver the letter to Najd and he did.

Upon reading the letter, Musaylamah became so furious that he ordered his henchman to arrest Habib and lock him up. He ordered that all the people of the tribe attend a grand assembly in which Habib, in shackles, was the centre of attention. He then asked Habib if he believed Muhammad (peace be upon him) was Allah’s Final Messenger. Habib replied in affirmative.

Then Musaylamah demanded Habib also declare his faith in Musaylamah as a Prophet too. Habib replied simply, “My ears cannot hear what you are saying.” Musaylamah was so enraged that he ordered his men to cut off one of Habib’s arms. He did. Musaylamah posed the same question. Habib again replied he could not hear what he was saying. Again, another one of Habib’s limbs was severed. This process went on with Habib bleeding in pain and agony as he was simultaneously cut to pieces until he finally died declaring his faith in Allah and Muhammad (peace be upon him). Musaylamah’s treachery eventually caught up with him as the Muslim army finally killed him during the Battle of Yamamah where Habib’s own mother participated in battle alongside the men.

How many Muslims today can show the strength and courage Companion Habib, may Allah accept his sacrifice, showed as he stared death right in the face?

Note :The Writer Of This Article Is A Convert From Christian

• 4 weeks later...

بحث میں حصہ لیں

آپ ابھی پوسٹ کرکے بعد میں رجسٹر ہوسکتے ہیں۔ اگر آپ پہلے سے رجسٹرڈ ہیں تو سائن اِن کریں اور اپنے اکاؤنٹ سے پوسٹ کریں۔
نوٹ: آپ کی پوسٹ ناظم کی اجازت کے بعد نظر آئے گی۔

اس ٹاپک پر جواب دیں

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• حالیہ دیکھنے والے   0 اراکین

• کوئی رجسٹرڈ رُکن اس صفحے کو نہیں دیکھ رہا