Imam Zain Al-Abideen's Patience and Forbearance

Faizan-e-Mustafa

تجویز کردہ جواب

A person once swore at Imam Zain al-Abideen (ra) and made slanderous remarks to him.

In response, Imam Zain al-Abideen (ra) said to him: 'If the attributes, you accuse me of, are found in me then I repent to Allah Azzawajal and ask for forgiveness. If the attributes are not found in me then on your behalf I ask Allah azzawajal for forgiveness and repentance.'

The person saw Imam Zain al-Abideen's patience and was overwhelmed by it. He stood up, kissed Imam Zain al-Abideen (ra) on the forehead and said: 'May my soul be sacrificed for you! Whatever I accused you of was wrong. I seek forgiveness from you and I request you to pray to Allah Azzawajal for the acceptance of my repentance.'

Imam Zain al-Abideen (ra) agreed to pray to Allah Azzawajal on his behalf.

Moral:

Nowadays patience and tolerance is a rare commodity. If some merely mentions a single word against us, we begin to fight. From matters of trivial importance, disputes of grand proportions emerge, which then take on the form of hatred and deep animosity. If instead, we adopt the role model of Imam Zain al-Abideen (ra) , then the person speaking against us will automatically feel ashamed. Subsequently, Allah Azzawajal will reward us immensely and our dignity will develop.

Edited by Sayyida Fatima

• 4 months later...

بحث میں حصہ لیں

آپ ابھی پوسٹ کرکے بعد میں رجسٹر ہوسکتے ہیں۔ اگر آپ پہلے سے رجسٹرڈ ہیں تو سائن اِن کریں اور اپنے اکاؤنٹ سے پوسٹ کریں۔
نوٹ: آپ کی پوسٹ ناظم کی اجازت کے بعد نظر آئے گی۔

اس ٹاپک پر جواب دیں

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• حالیہ دیکھنے والے   0 اراکین

• کوئی رجسٹرڈ رُکن اس صفحے کو نہیں دیکھ رہا