Prophet Ibrahim's Test

Faizan-e-Mustafa

تجویز کردہ جواب

It is reported that Ibrahim(Peace be upon him) was very wealthy. He had a flock of five-thousand goats. The angels were astonished to see that not only was he Khalil (Friend of Allah Azzawajal) but also very rich. One day he went to the fields with his flock, which were closely supervised by his dog. An angel appeared in the form of a man in order to test him.

The angel read Subbuhun Quddusun Rabbuna wa Rabbul-Malaaikati war-Rooh. Upon hearing these words, Ibrahim (peace be upon him) was most pleased and divine ecstasy soon overcomed him. He went to the man and said: 'Please repeat those words as they extol(praise) the remembrance of Allah Azzawajal. If you repeat them then I will give you half of my wealth and if you recite them twice then I will give you my entire wealth. In other words I offer an endless flock of goats just to hear these words again. In fact, I will also offer you a shepherd to look after them.' When the angels saw the financial sacrifice that Ibrahim (peace be upon him) was willing to make in order to hear those few words of Allah azzawajal's remembrance, they acknowledged that Ibrahim (peace be upon him) was truly the Khalil of Allah Azzawajal.

Moral:

Ibrahim's (peace be upon him) act serves as an important lesson to us all. In order to hear words of Allah Azzawajal's remembrance, he (peace be upon him) sacrificed everything. Our situation nowadays is somewhat different. We are called to the mosque for speeches and sermons, Quranic study circles or programmes of Zikr, where food is also served. The mosque consists of every type of comfort; soft carpets, climate-controlled heating and hot & cold water. Despite all this, we seldom go to the mosque, or to put it the other way - the devil does not allow us to go.

On the other hand, if a satan-fuelled event is being held, a drama or music concert or film, where the atmosphere is ungodly, there are no basic facilities even for drinking water, where lewd songs are played, nude bodies are displayed and where the displeasure and disobedience of Allah Azzawajal lie - then we attend the event without question and dispose of £50 or £100 of our money. By spending our hand-earned wealth on such events, we are in essence purchasing the Hell-Fire. In fact, the ignorant ones will sometimes steal in order to pay for the tickets of such events. Paradise is available for free and Hell comes at a dear price, yet we eagerly purchase the latter.

Of course not all Muslims fit the above description. Most young Muslims are intelligent and understanding. They understand the difference between good and evil. They show hatred towards satanic events, and show eagerness towards events where Islam is taught, the rememberance of Allah azzawajal and His Prophet (salAllaho Alaihe waAhleyhi waSallam) is performed and where Quran and Sunnah are taught. They prepare their friends to go to such events too. The few and small minority choose to follow the devil's path. May Allah azzawajal guide such unfortunate Muslims and rectify our own character in order to assist them. (Ameen)

• 1 year later...

بحث میں حصہ لیں

آپ ابھی پوسٹ کرکے بعد میں رجسٹر ہوسکتے ہیں۔ اگر آپ پہلے سے رجسٹرڈ ہیں تو سائن اِن کریں اور اپنے اکاؤنٹ سے پوسٹ کریں۔
نوٹ: آپ کی پوسٹ ناظم کی اجازت کے بعد نظر آئے گی۔

اس ٹاپک پر جواب دیں

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• حالیہ دیکھنے والے   0 اراکین

• کوئی رجسٹرڈ رُکن اس صفحے کو نہیں دیکھ رہا