Laylat-ul-Baraa`ah / Shab-e-Baraat / Night of Absolution

Attari.Rafique

تجویز کردہ جواب

(salam)

(bis)

Laylat-ul-Baraa`ah / Shab-e-Baraat / Night of Absolution

(15th of Sha’baan)

This special night is known by many names: Nisf-Sha’baan, Laylat-ul-Baraa`ah, Shab-e-Baraat, the Night of Absolution. It is indeed a blessed night because it is a vessel for the mercy, blessing, benefit, pardon and forgiveness of Allah (jallah) Almighty descending for the people on earth.

Allah (jallah) has said in His Glorious Quran:

“Haa-Meem. By the Book that makes plain; We sent it down on a blessed night - indeed it is We Who warn. [A night] in which every firm decree is made distinct.”

[Al-Quran, Surah Al-Dhukhan, 44:1-4]

According to the exegesis (tafseer) of Hazrat Ibn Abbas (ra) “Haa-Meem” means that Allah has predetermined everything in existence till the Day of Resurrection. “The Book that makes plain” is the Quran. “The blessed night” is the night of mid-Sha’baan. This interpretation is shared by most of the exegetes (mufassireen). Hazrat Ikrimah (ra) is reported as having said, about the above verse 4 :

“That is the night of mid-Sha’baan, when Allah Almighty arranges the affairs of the year. He transfers [some of] the living to the list of the dead…”

It is said that the angels have two Nights of Festival in heaven, just as the Muslims have two Days of Festival one earth. The angels celebrate the Laylat-ul-Baraa`ah (Night of Absolution) and the Laylat-ul-Qadr (Night of Power), while the Muslims celebrate the Eid-ul-Fitr (Day of Breakfast) and the Eid-ul-Adha (Day of Sacrifice).

Hazrat Abu Hurayra (ra) reported the Holy Prophet (saw) as saying:

“Jibreel came to me on the night of mid-Sha’baan and said to me: ‘O Muhammad (saw) , raise your head heavenwards!’ I asked him: ’What night is this?’ and he replied: ‘This is the night when Allah (jallah) opens three hundred of the gates of mercy, forgiving all who do not make anything His partner. The only exceptions are those who practice sorcery or divination, are addicted to wine, or persist in usury and illicit ######; these He does not forgive until they repent.’

At a quarter of the night, Jibreel came down and said: ‘O Muhammad , raise your head!’ So I looked up, to behold the gates of Paradise wide open. At the first gate an angel was calling: ‘Good news for those who bow in worship in this night!’ At the second gate an angel was calling: ‘Good news for those who prostrate themselves in worship this night!’ At the third gate an angel was calling: ‘Good news for those who offer supplication this night!’ At the fourth gate an angel was calling: ‘Good news for those who make remembrance this night!’ At the fifth gate an angel was calling: ‘Good news for those who weep this night from fear of Allah (jallah) !’ At the sixth gate an angel was calling: ’Good news for those who submit this night!’ At the seventh gate an angel was calling: ‘Will anyone ask, that his request may be granted?’ At the eighth gate an angel was calling: ‘Will anyone seek forgiveness, that he may be forgiven?’

I said: ‘O Jibreel, how long will these gates remain open?’ He replied: ‘From the beginning of the night until the break of dawn.’ Then he said: ‘O Muhammad (saw) , tonight Allah (jallah) has as many slaves emancipated from the Fire as the number of woolly hairs on the flocks and herds of Kalb1.’”

Salat ul-Khayr (the Prayer of Benefits)

The ritual prayer traditional for the night of mid-Sha’baan consists of 100 cycles2 (raka’ah), including one thousand repetitions of Surah Ikhlaas [Al-Quran 112:1-4] (i.e., 10 recitations in each cycle)

The blessings of this prayer are many and varied. Our righteous predecessors used to gather to perform it in congregation. It contains much merit and rich reward. It is reported of Iman Hasan al-Basri , that he once said:

“Thirty of the Companions of Allah’s Messenger related to me that Allah (jallah) will look 70 times upon one who performs this prayer on this night, and with each glance He will fulfill seventy of that person’s needs, the least of them being forgiveness.”

Excellence of the Month of Sha’baan and fasting in it

According to Hazrat Abu Hurayra (ra) , the Prophet (saw) once said:

“Sha’baan is my month, Rajab is Allah’s month, and Ramadan is the month of my Community. Sha’baan is the expiator, while Ramadan is the purifier.”

The Holy Prophet (saw) also said:

“Sha’baan is a month between Rajab and Ramadan. People tend to neglect it but that is when the deeds of His servants ascend to the Lord of All the Worlds, so I would rather mine rose up while I was fasting.”

Hazrat Umm Salama (ra) is reported as having said:

“In no other month, apart from Ramadan, did Allah’s Messenger (saw) fast more often than in Sha’baan. And that was because each Sha’baan, all who must die in the course of that year have their names transcribed from the list of the living onto that of the dead, and a man may embark on a journey even while his name is listed among those about to die.”

According to Hazrat Abdullah (ra) , the Holy Prophet (saw) said:

“Anyone who fasts on the last Monday3 of Sha’baan will be granted forgiveness.”

[please note that it is forbidden to anticipate the month of Ramadan by one or two days]

Information Source: Hazrat Shaykh Abdul Qadir Jilani’s (ra) Al-Ghunya li-Talibi Tareeq al-Haqq (Sufficient Provision for Seekers of the Path of Truth) – Volume 3, pages 54-69

Note:-

1 Kalb was a tribe well known for it very woolly sheep.

2 These can be performed in sets of 2 cycles (50 sets to make 100 cycles) or 4 cycles (25 sets to make 100 cycles)

3 For this Hijri year of 1425, the last Monday of Sha’baan is on October 11, 2004.

• 8 months later...

salam

Allah (jallah) has said in His Glorious Quran:

“Haa-Meem. By the Book that makes plain; We sent it down on a blessed night - indeed it is We Who warn. [A night] in which every firm decree is made distinct.”

[Al-Quran, Surah Al-Dhukhan, 44:1-4]

is ayat ka nazool kab or kahan hua tha ?????

بحث میں حصہ لیں

آپ ابھی پوسٹ کرکے بعد میں رجسٹر ہوسکتے ہیں۔ اگر آپ پہلے سے رجسٹرڈ ہیں تو سائن اِن کریں اور اپنے اکاؤنٹ سے پوسٹ کریں۔
نوٹ: آپ کی پوسٹ ناظم کی اجازت کے بعد نظر آئے گی۔

اس ٹاپک پر جواب دیں

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• حالیہ دیکھنے والے   0 اراکین

• کوئی رجسٹرڈ رُکن اس صفحے کو نہیں دیکھ رہا