Benefits of fasting

Gham-e-Madinah

تجویز کردہ جواب

(bis)

(salam)

Assalato wassalamo alaika Ya Rasool Allah

Wa ala alaika wa ashabika Ya Habeeb Allah

My dear Islamic Brothers and sisters, insha Allah Azzawajal today’s halqa will be regarding the benefits of fasting. Fasting has numerous benefits of which a few will be mentioned

The Prophet, Sallallahu Alayhi Wasalam, said: “Fasting is a protection for the servant from hell fire.”

In another Hadeeth, agreed upon, the Prophet, Sallallahu Alayhi Wasalam, said: “Whoever fasts one day for the sake of Allah; Allah will keep his face away from hell-fire for seventy years”.

My dear Brothers and sisters,, If such is the reward for fasting one day, what about fasting the whole month of Ramadhaan, or the voluntary fasts? It is a great benefit indeed.

Fasting is a protection against the passions. The Prophet, Sallallahu Alayhi Wasalam, said: “He who can afford to marry should marry, because it will help him refrain from looking at other women, and save him from committing illegal sexual relations; and the who cannot afford to marry is advised to fast, as fasting is like a rein preventing him from illicit pleasure”. Many young people complain about passion and desire aroused by many factors, such as the desires of the ego, sexual desires etc. These desires are never ending. The young person is naturally disposed to have their desire aroused at the slightest cause especially if the religious impediment in the person is weak. To protect these people and us the above prophetic advice is needed. Meaning one should fast in order to control such desires, and fasting in the month of Ramdhaan helps us control our desires.

Practical experience has confirmed the effectiveness of this prophetic medicine that constitutes a substitute to other medicine and a successful remedy to cure the passions of desire.

Fasting is a means to gain Paradise. Al-Nisaa’ee reported that Abu Umaama (RadiAllaho Ta’ala An), said: “O Messenger of Allah (Azzawajal wa Sallallahu Alayhi Wasalam), command me to a deed that will benefit me in front of Allah”. The Prophet, Sallallahu Alayhi Wasalam, said: “Observe the fast as it has no equal deed”.

My dear brother and sisters, The Prophet, Sallallahu Alayhi Wasalam, has therefore shown that no deed gets the servant closer to Allah and takes him away from punishment like fasting.

Our Beloved Master, Sallallahu Alayhi Wasalam, has even informed us that there is a gate in Paradise reserved for those who observe fast, as is confirmed in the Hadeeth: "There is a gate in paradise called Al-Rayan, and those who observe fast will enter through it on the day of resurrection and none except them will enter through it. It will be said: 'Where are those who used to observe fast?' After their entry, the gate will be closed and nobody will enter through it.”

Dear brothers and sisters, We notice that the name of the gate (Al-Rayan means in Arabic 'whose thirst is quenched') corresponds to the characteristic of the person observing fast who suffers thirst as the effect of fasting.

My dear brothers and sisters I have touched upon just a few minor benefits of fasting. Only the fasting person knows how the fast benefits them internally, externally, emotionally, spiritually and physically.

May Allah Azzawajal grant us all the ability to keep the fast of Ramadhaan wholeheartedly and may He grant us the ability to reap the rewards of this blessed month, do not let even one second go to waste my and brothers sisters, as we never know that second may be our last.

Assalato wassalamo alaika Ya Nabi Allah

Wa ala alika wa ashabika Ya Noor Allah

بحث میں حصہ لیں

آپ ابھی پوسٹ کرکے بعد میں رجسٹر ہوسکتے ہیں۔ اگر آپ پہلے سے رجسٹرڈ ہیں تو سائن اِن کریں اور اپنے اکاؤنٹ سے پوسٹ کریں۔
نوٹ: آپ کی پوسٹ ناظم کی اجازت کے بعد نظر آئے گی۔

اس ٹاپک پر جواب دیں

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• حالیہ دیکھنے والے   0 اراکین

• کوئی رجسٹرڈ رُکن اس صفحے کو نہیں دیکھ رہا