ؓBiography of Imam Ahmad Raza

Attari26

تجویز کردہ جواب

اَلْحَمْدُ ﷲ رَبِّ الْعَالَمِيْنَ ط وَالصَّلاَةُ وَالسَّلاَمُ عَلٰى سَيِّدِ الْمُرْسَلِيْنْ ط

اَمَّابَعْدُ! فَاَعُوْذُ بِاللهِ مِنَ الشَّيْطٰنِ الرَّجِيْمْ ط بِسْمِ اللهِ الرَّحْمٰنِ الرَّحِيْم ْط

Biography of Imaam Ahmed Raza رَحْمَةُ الله عَلَيْه

Good news of intercession

The Holy Prophet صَلَّى اللهُ تَعَالٰى عَلَيْه وَاٰله وَسَلَّم said, “Whoever recites Durood Shareef upon me, I will intercede for him.” (Al Qaulul-Badi’, P117, Darul Kutubul Ilmiyyah Beirut)

صَلُّوْا عَلَى الْحَبيْب!ْ صَلَّى اللهُ تَعَالٰى عَلٰى مُحَمَّد

His auspicious birth

AlaHazrat, Imaam Ahle Sunnah, Mujaddid of the Ummah, reviver of the Sunnah, destroyer of bid’ah, scholar of Shariah, guide of tareeqah, fountain of blessing, Allama Moulana Al Haaj Al Hafiz Al Qari Ash Shah Imaam Ahmed Raza Khan عَلَيْهِ رَحْمَةُ الرَّحْمٰنْ was born on Monday, the 10th of Shawaal 1272ah, (14th June 1856) at the time of Salaatuz Zuhr in a place called Jasoli, which is in the city of Bareilly Shareef, India. The name corresponding to the year of his birth was Al-Mukhtaar. (Hayat-e-AlaHazrat, V1, P58, Maktabatul Madina, Baabul Madina Karachi) His birth name was Muhammad but his grandfather named him ‘Ahmad Raza’, and so it was by this name that he became famously known. (Al-Malfooz, Part 1, P3,- Mushtaq book corner, Markazul Awliya- Lahore)

Incident from childhood

Sayyid Ayub Ali رَحْمَةُ الله عَلَيْه says that when AlaHazrat رَحْمَةُ الله عَلَيْه was a young child, a Moulana Saheb used to come to his house to teach him. One day, the Moulana was repeatedly telling AlaHazrat رَحْمَةُ الله عَلَيْه to say a word, but AlaHazrat رَحْمَةُ الله عَلَيْه could not pronounce it. The Moulana was pronouncing the word with a zabr but AlaHazrat رَحْمَةُ الله عَلَيْه was pronouncing the same word with a zer instead. It happened time and time again. The grandfather of AlaHazrat رَحْمَةُ الله عَلَيْه, Moulana Raza Ali Khan رَحْمَةُ الله عَلَيْه also witnessed this situation and called AlaHazrat رَحْمَةُ الله عَلَيْه to him and asked for the Holy Qur’an. Moulana Raza Ali Khan رَحْمَةُ الله عَلَيْه noticed that the copyist had accidentally placed a zabr instead of a zer and was astonished to see that the pronunciation of Imaam Ahmad Raza Khan رَحْمَةُ الله عَلَيْه was actually accurate and perfect. His respected grandfather رَحْمَةُ الله عَلَيْه asked, “Ahmad Raza! رَحْمَةُ الله عَلَيْه! Why did you not obey your teacher?” AlaHazrat رَحْمَةُ الله عَلَيْه politely replied, “I tried my best to follow the pronunciation of my teacher but I had no control over my tongue.” The Moulana witnessed many other peculiar incidences similar to this one and once privately asked AlaHazrat رَحْمَةُ الله عَلَيْه, “Son, be honest with me, I promise I will not tell anybody, are you a human or a Jinn?” AlaHazrat رَحْمَةُ الله عَلَيْه replied, “All praise be to Allah عَزَّوَجَل, I am a human, however, the Grace and Generosity of Allah عَزَّوَجَل accompanies me all the time (Hayaate AlaHazrat, V1, P68, Maktaba-tul-Madina Karachi)

صَلُّوْا عَلَى الْحَبيْب!ْ صَلَّى اللهُ تَعَالىٰ عَلىٰ مُحَمَّد

First fatwa

At the age of 13 years, 10 months and 4 days, after studying the prevalent sciences under the guidance of his respected father Moulana Naqi Ali Khan رَحْمَةُ الله عَلَيْه, a Dastàar (accomplishment of Islamic studies) was awarded to AlaHazrat رَحْمَةُ الله عَلَيْه. On this very day, he رَحْمَةُ الله عَلَيْه wrote a Fatwa and presented it to his respected father Moulana Naqi Ali Khan رَحْمَةُ الله عَلَيْه who found it entirely correct. Looking to the talent of his son, Moulana Naqi Ali Khan رَحْمَةُ الله عَلَيْه authorised AlaHazrat رَحْمَةُ الله عَلَيْه to take over the Mufti-ship position and AlaHazrat رَحْمَةُ الله عَلَيْه continued this until the end. (Hayaate AlaHazrat , V1, P279, Maktaba-tul-Madina, Baab-ul-Madina Karachi)

AlaHazrat رَحْمَةُ الله عَلَيْه

as a mathematician

Allah عَزَّوَجَل blessed AlaHazrat رَحْمَةُ الله عَلَيْه with knowledge of various sciences. AlaHazrat رَحْمَةُ الله عَلَيْه wrote on over fifty different branches of knowledge and was an expert in every single science. AlaHazrat رَحْمَةُ الله عَلَيْه was such a professional astronomer and astrologer that he رَحْمَةُ الله عَلَيْه would set his clock just by observing the sun in the day and the stars at night. The time he calculated was always precise and accurate with not even a minute difference. AlaHazrat رَحْمَةُ الله عَلَيْه was also a unique and remarkable mathematician. Once, Sir Zia-ud-Deen, vice chancellor of Aligharh university, a prominent Mathematician of the Indo-Pak Subcontinent, and holder of many international degrees, came to Imaam Ahmad Raza Khan رَحْمَةُ الله عَلَيْه. After greeting Imaam Ahmad Raza Khan رَحْمَةُ الله عَلَيْه, he رَحْمَةُ الله عَلَيْه, the great Imam asked the mathematician the purpose of coming. He answered, “I have come to seek help in solving a mathematical problem.” Imaam Ahmad Raza Khan رَحْمَةُ الله عَلَيْه asked, “What is the problem?” The vice-Chancellor explained, “It is not such an ordinary and easy problem that I can state so easily.” However, Imaam Ahmad Raza Khan رَحْمَةُ الله عَلَيْه again asked, “What is the problem?” The vice chancellor hesitantly presented the full complexity of the problem but to his astonishment, Imaam Ahmad Raza Khan رَحْمَةُ الله عَلَيْه solved the problem immediately! In a state of awe and shock at the speed of the solution that Imaam Ahmad Raza Khan رَحْمَةُ الله عَلَيْه had provided, he exclaimed, “My intention had been to travel to Germany for the solution but Professor Moulana Sayyid Sulaiman Ashraf, (Professor of Islamic studies) guided me here. It seems as if you were observing the solution of this problem in a book.” When the vice-chancellor returned home, due to the impact of this experience, he grew a beard and became punctual in performing salaah and keeping fast. (Hayaate AlaHazrat, V1, P223-228, Maktabatul Madina, Baabul Madina Karachi)

Imaam Ahmad Raza Khan رَحْمَةُ الله عَلَيْه was also proficient in arithmetic, astrology, astronomy, Ilm-e-Ja’far etc.

صَلُّوْا عَلَى الْحَبيْب!ْ صَلَّى اللهُ تَعَالىٰ عَلىٰ مُحَمَّد

Extraordinary memory

Abu Haamid, Sayyid Muhammad Kachochawi رَحْمَةُ الله عَلَيْه says that when people gave up finding the references for Fiqh in order to reply to various questions, they went to AlaHazrat رَحْمَةُ الله عَلَيْه who provided the correct references immediately. AlaHazrat رَحْمَةُ الله عَلَيْه would reply, ‘Look in Raddul Muhtaar, so and so volume, so and so page, and Look in Durr e Mukhtaar, so and so volume, so and so page you will see the passage written down. It is written in the book of Alamgiri, so and so volume, so and so page, so and so line etc.’ When people looked at these books, they would find the passage or sentence written down exactly as AlaHazrat رَحْمَةُ الله عَلَيْه had said. We can only say that this is surely Allah عَزَّوَجَلgiven unique memory, in that, he even knew the oldest books by heart. (Hayaate AlaHazrat, V1, P210, Maktabatut Madina, Baabul Madina Karachi)

Memorising the Qur’an in just one month

Sayyid Ayub Ali رَحْمَةُ الله عَلَيْه states that one day AlaHazrat رَحْمَةُ الله عَلَيْه said, “Some people who are unaware have written the title of ‘Hafiz’ before my name even though I am not worthy of this title.” Sayyid Ayub رَحْمَةُ الله عَلَيْه says that on that very same day, AlaHazrat رَحْمَةُ الله عَلَيْه started memorising the Qur’an. The daily routine was most probably from after he made his wudu for Esha up until the time of Esha. AlaHazrat رَحْمَةُ الله عَلَيْه memorised one Para, (chapter) every day and so finished the 30th Para on the 30th day. On one occasion. AlaHazrat رَحْمَةُ الله عَلَيْه said, “I have managed to memorise the entire Qur’an in the correct order so that the people of Allah عَزَّوَجَل who assume that I am a Hafiz are not proven incorrect. (Hayaate AlaHazrat, V1, P208, Maktabatul Madina, Baabul Madina Karachi)

Love for the Prophet صَلَّى اللهُ تَعَالٰى عَلَيْه وَاٰله وَسَلَّم

From head to toe, AlaHazrat رَحْمَةُ الله عَلَيْه was an example of love for the Prophet صَلَّى اللهُ تَعَالٰى عَلَيْه وَاٰله وَسَلَّم. The love that AlaHazrat رَحْمَةُ الله عَلَيْه had for the Prophet صَلَّى اللهُ تَعَالٰى عَلَيْه وَاٰله وَسَلَّم can be acknowledged by reading ‘Hadaa’iq-e-Bakhshish’, in which every line of every page is proof of AlaHazrat’s رَحْمَةُ الله عَلَيْه love of the Prophet صَلَّى اللهُ تَعَالٰى عَلَيْه وَاٰله وَسَلَّم. Every single verse which he رَحْمَةُ الله عَلَيْه has written praising the Prophet صَلَّى اللهُ تَعَالٰى عَلَيْه وَاٰله وَسَلَّم from the depths of his heart, testifies to his immense love & admiration for the Prophet صَلَّى اللهُ تَعَالٰى عَلَيْه وَاٰله وَسَلَّم. AlaHazrat رَحْمَةُ الله عَلَيْه never ever wrote flattering poems in praise of a chief or a governor to persuade or convince them of something, because AlaHazrat رَحْمَةُ الله عَلَيْه had whole-heartedly accepted the slavery, servitude and obedience to the Holy Prophet صَلَّى اللهُ تَعَالٰى عَلَيْه وَاٰله وَسَلَّم. He رَحْمَةُ الله عَلَيْه expressed this fact in the following verse ~

انہیں جانا انہیں مانا نہ رکھا غیر سے کام

للہ الحمد میں دنیا سے مسلمان گیا

Refraining from flattering the governors

Once, various poets composed poems in praise and compliment of the governor of Nan-Para (district Behraich-UP). Some people requested AlaHazrat رَحْمَةُ الله عَلَيْه to also compose a poem in praise of the Governor. In reply to this, AlaHazrat رَحْمَةُ الله عَلَيْه wrote a Naat Shareef which begun like this;

وہ کمال حسن حضور ہے کہ گمان نقص جہاں نہیں

یہی پھول خار سے دور ہے یہی شمع ہے کہ دھواں نہیں

And in the last verse of his poem, AlaHazrat رَحْمَةُ الله عَلَيْه very elegantly writes,

کروں مدح اہل دول رضا پڑے اس بلا میں مری بلا

میں گدا ہوں اپنے کریم کا مرا دین پارہ ناں نہیں

AlaHazrat رَحْمَةُ الله عَلَيْه says, “Why should I compliment the rich? I am a beggar at the gate of my merciful Prophet صَلَّى اللهُ تَعَالٰى عَلَيْه وَاٰله وَسَلَّم. My religion is not ‘Para-e-Naan’. ‘Para’ means a piece and ‘Naan’ means meals (Roti), which metaphorically implies that I will not sell myself to worldly kings.

Refraining from flattering the governors

Once, various poets composed poems in praise and compliment of the governor of Nan-Para (district Behraich-UP). Some people requested AlaHazrat رَحْمَةُ الله عَلَيْه to also compose a poem in praise of the Governor. In reply to this, AlaHazrat رَحْمَةُ الله عَلَيْه wrote a Naat Shareef which begun like this;

وہ کمال حسن حضور ہے کہ گمان نقص جہاں نہیں

یہی پھول خار سے دور ہے یہی شمع ہے کہ دھواں نہیں

And in the last verse of his poem, AlaHazrat رَحْمَةُ الله عَلَيْه very elegantly writes,

کروں مدح اہل دول رضا پڑے اس بلا میں مری بلا

میں گدا ہوں اپنے کریم کا مرا دین پارہ ناں نہیں

AlaHazrat رَحْمَةُ الله عَلَيْه says, “Why should I compliment the rich? I am a beggar at the gate of my merciful Prophet صَلَّى اللهُ تَعَالٰى عَلَيْه وَاٰله وَسَلَّم. My religion is not ‘Para-e-Naan’. ‘Para’ means a piece and ‘Naan’ means meals (Roti), which metaphorically implies that I will not sell myself to worldly kings.

Vision of the Prophet صَلَّى اللهُ تَعَالٰى عَلَيْه وَاٰله وَسَلَّم while awake

When AlaHazrat رَحْمَةُ الله عَلَيْه went on Hajj for the second time, he رَحْمَةُ الله عَلَيْه spent much of his time at the holy site of the green dome of the Holy Prophet صَلَّى اللهُ تَعَالٰى عَلَيْه وَاٰله وَسَلَّم. He رَحْمَةُ الله عَلَيْه waited to see the Holy Prophet صَلَّى اللهُ تَعَالٰى عَلَيْه وَاٰله وَسَلَّم and so kept reciting Durood Shareef for a long time in front of the gold wire mesh. On the first night, his desire was not fulfilled, and he رَحْمَةُ الله عَلَيْه became drowned in sadness. He رَحْمَةُ الله عَلَيْه felt loneliness and wrote a lyric in love of the Holy Prophet صَلَّى اللهُ تَعَالٰى عَلَيْه وَاٰله وَسَلَّم. This begins,

وہ سوئے لالہ زار پھرتے ہیں

تیرےدن اے بہارپھرتےہیں

In the last verse he رَحْمَةُ الله عَلَيْه showed his extreme love, devotion, affection & humility for the Holy Prophet صَلَّى اللهُ تَعَالٰى عَلَيْه وَاٰله وَسَلَّم:

کوئی کیوں پوچھے تیری بات رضا

تجھ سے شیدا ہزار پھرتے ہیں

(In the second line of the above verse, AlaHazrat رَحْمَةُ الله عَلَيْه due to humbleness, used the word ‘dog’ for himself, however, Sag-e Madina عفيﻋﻨﻪ has politely written ‘shaida’(meaning: one who is deeply in love instead.)

AlaHazrat رَحْمَةُ الله عَلَيْه recited this verse whilst he respectfully sat in front of the blessed grave. Suddenly, his fortune awoke and he was blessed with the Holy vision of the Beloved of Allah, The Holy Prophet صَلَّى اللهُ تَعَالٰى عَلَيْه وَاٰله وَسَلَّم. (Hayaate AlaHazrat, V1, P92, Maktabatul Madina, Baabu Madina Karachi)

Subhan-Allah عَزَّوَجَل! May we be sacrificed for those eyes that had physically seen the beloved of Allah عَزَّوَجَل و صَلَّى اللهُ تَعَالٰى عَلَيْه وَاٰله وَسَلَّم! And why would he not have? The love of the beloved Prophet صَلَّى اللهُ تَعَالٰى عَلَيْه وَاٰله وَسَلَّم had overpowered him and he was ‘lost in the contemplation of the beloved Prophet صَلَّى اللهُ تَعَالٰى عَلَيْه وَاٰله وَسَلَّم’. This is evident from His poetry.

A glance at the Seerah of AlaHazrat رَحْمَةُ الله عَلَيْه

AlaHazrat رَحْمَةُ الله عَلَيْه has said, “If someone splits my heart into two, on one side you would see لَآاِلٰهَ اِلَّااللهُ and on the other side you would see صَلَّى اللهُ تَعَالٰى عَلَيْه وَاٰله وَسَلَّم مُحَمَّدٌرَّسُوْلُ اللهِ.” (Sawaaneh Imaam Ahmad Raza, P96, Maktaba Nooria Radawiyah Sakhar)

Tajdar e Ahlesunnat, Shahzada e Ala Hazrat, Huzoor Mufti e Aazam Hind Molana Mustafa Raza Khan رَحْمَةُ الله عَلَيْه says in Samaan e Bakhshish,

خدا ایک پر ہو تو ایک پر محمد

اگرقلب اپنا دو پارہ کروں میں

In the eyes of the eminent and respected scholars of his time, AlaHazrat رَحْمَةُ الله عَلَيْه was literally involved in the love and contemplation of the Beloved Prophet صَلَّى اللهُ تَعَالٰى عَلَيْه وَاٰله وَسَلَّم. Often, he رَحْمَةُ الله عَلَيْه remained in sorrow and sadness due to separation from the Holy Prophet صَلَّى اللهُ تَعَالٰى عَلَيْه وَاٰله وَسَلَّم. When AlaHazrat رَحْمَةُ الله عَلَيْه read the blasphemous and insulting statements written by the ‘paid insulters’, the eyes of AlaHazrat رَحْمَةُ الله عَلَيْه would fill with tears. He رَحْمَةُ الله عَلَيْه courageously refuted and condemned those who insulted the dignity and integrity of the Holy Prophet صَلَّى اللهُ تَعَالٰى عَلَيْه وَاٰله وَسَلَّم, because he felt that by doing this, he could divert their attention away from the Holy Prophet صَلَّى اللهُ تَعَالٰى عَلَيْه وَاٰله وَسَلَّم and towards himself instead. For this reason, AlaHazrat رَحْمَةُ الله عَلَيْه felt very proud and privileged to protect the integrity of the Noble Prophet صَلَّى اللهُ تَعَالٰى عَلَيْه وَاٰله وَسَلَّم by accepting verbal abuse against himself, instead of the noble Prophet صَلَّى اللهُ تَعَالٰى عَلَيْه وَاٰله وَسَلَّم. AlaHazrat رَحْمَةُ الله عَلَيْه would thank Allah عَزَّوَجَل that He عَزَّوَجَل had made him act as a ‘shield’ and ‘barrier’ between the Noble Prophet صَلَّى اللهُ تَعَالٰى عَلَيْه وَاٰله وَسَلَّم and the evil insulters and blasphemers. He says in Hadaiqe Bakhshish ,

کروں تیرے نام پہ جاں فدا نہ بس ایک جاں دو جہاں فدا

دو جہاں سے بھی نہیں جی بھراکروں کیا کروڑوں جہاں نہیں

AlaHazrat رَحْمَةُ الله عَلَيْه would never send the poor away disappointed and empty handed. He رَحْمَةُ الله عَلَيْه always helped the poor and needy. Even before his death, he رَحْمَةُ الله عَلَيْه told his friends and relatives to look after the poor people by saying, “please them by feeding them delicious food and do not shout or threat them harshly in any way.’ AlaHazrat رَحْمَةُ الله عَلَيْه would often be occupied in writing and compiling books. AlaHazrat رَحْمَةُ الله عَلَيْه always offered his salaah with jama’at, ate very little food, and did not sleep more than 1½ to 2 hours a day. (Hayaate AlaHazrat, V1, P96, Maktabatut Madina, Baabul Madina Karachi)

A unique way of sleeping

When sleeping, AlaHazrat رَحْمَةُ الله عَلَيْه would place his thumb upon his index finger to form the word ‘اﷲ’ عَزَّوَجَل. He رَحْمَةُ الله عَلَيْه would never stretch out or spread his feet while asleep. He would sleep on his right hand side with both hands together and placed under his head. He رَحْمَةُ الله عَلَيْه would then close his legs to form the word ‘محمد’. (Hayaate AlaHazrat, V1, P99, Maktabatul Madina, Baabul Madina Karachi)

These are the elegant manners of the devotees of Allah عَزَّوَجَل and His noble Messenger صَلَّى اللهُ تَعَالٰى عَلَيْه وَاٰله وَسَلَّم.

نام خدا ہے ہاتھ میں نام نبی ہے ذات میں

مہر غلامی ہے ہڑی لکھے ہوئے ہیں نام دو

The train remained still!

Once, AlaHazrat رَحْمَةُ الله عَلَيْه was travelling from Peeli-Bheet to Bareilly by train. During the journey, the train stopped at Nawab-Ganj train station for two minutes. Maghrib time had also commenced and so AlaHazrat, رَحْمَةُ الله عَلَيْه along with his companions left the train and came onto the platform to offer their salaah. The companions were worried that the train would leave without them, but AlaHazrat رَحْمَةُ الله عَلَيْه remained very calm and asked one of his companions to say the Adhaan. Immediately after the Adhaan and Iqaamah, Jama’at started. Meanwhile, the driver was busy trying to start the engine but mysteriously, the train would not move. All the people including the senior officers of the station gathered together to see what was wrong. “There is nothing wrong with the engine!” said the driver. Suddenly, a ‘Pundit’, (Hindu priest) yelled, “Look over there! A ‘Darvesh’ is praying, perhaps that’s the reason why the train is not moving!” Everybody gathered around AlaHazrat رَحْمَةُ الله عَلَيْه. As soon as AlaHazrat رَحْمَةُ الله عَلَيْه had peacefully finished praying, he boarded the train along with the rest of his companions, and the train started moving.

It’s true that the one who is obedient and submissive towards Allah عَزَّوَجَل, the entire world becomes submissive towards him.

Books & compilations

AlaHazrat had written approximately 1000 books. Besides this, AlaHazrat رَحْمَةُ الله عَلَيْه wrote thousands of ‘Fataawah’ (legal rulings) from the period between 1286H-1340H, unfortunately, not all of them have been recovered. Those that have been, are collectively entitled as ‘Al’ata yan nabawiyah fil Fataawah Radawiyyah’. The new edition of ‘Fataawah Radawiyyah’ consists of 30 volumes, 21656 pages, 6847 questions and answers and up to 206 booklets. (Fataawah Radawiyyah (New Edition) V30, P10, Raza Foundation, Markazul Awliyah Lahore). Every Fatwah contains an ocean of knowledge. You can appreciate and acknowledge the knowledge and far-sightedness of AlaHazrat رَحْمَةُ الله عَلَيْه with regard to the Qur’an, Ahadith, Fiqh, Mantiq (logic) by studying his Fatawa.

The names of some of his other books are stated below;

‘سُبْحٰنُ السُّبُّوْح عَن عيبِ کِذبِ مَقْبُوح’: AlaHazrat رَحْمَةُ الله عَلَيْه wrote this book condemning those people who slander Allah عَزَّوَجَل by claiming that can speak a lie. This booklet astonished his opponents.

‘نُزُولِ آياتِ فُرقان بَسُکون زمين و آسمان’: In this book, AlaHazrat رَحْمَةُ الله عَلَيْه, through verses of the Holy Qur’an, has proven that the earth is motionless and stationary and has refuted the scientist’s theories of the earth rotating. Other masterpieces include, ‘المُعْتَمَدُ الْمُسْتَنَد’, ‘تَجَلِّيُّ الْيقين

اَلْکَوکَبَةُ الشَّهاَبيةُ ه’ ‘سِلّ السُّيُوف الهِنديه’ ‘حياتُ الاموات’ etc.

Translation of the Holy Qur’an

The Urdu translation of the Holy Qur’an written by AlaHazrat رَحْمَةُ الله عَلَيْه is far superior than present Qur’an translations. (Sawaaneh Imaam Ahmad Raza, P373, Maktaba Nooria Radawiyyah Sakhar) The translation written by AlaHazrat رَحْمَةُ الله عَلَيْه is called ‘Kanzul-Imaan’. The spiritual successor of AlaHazrat رَحْمَةُ الله عَلَيْه, Moulana Sayyid Naeemuddeen Muraadabaadi رَحْمَةُ الله عَلَيْه has written a commentary of Kanzul-Imaan within it.

The passing away of AlaHazrat رَحْمَةُ الله عَلَيْه

AlaHazrat رَحْمَةُ الله عَلَيْه himself professed his own death, four months and twenty days before it occured. He رَحْمَةُ الله عَلَيْه derived his year of death year from the following verse of the Holy Qur’an: -

َيُطَافُ عَلَيْهِمْ بِاٰنِيَة ٍمِّن فِضَّهٍ وَاَکْوَابْ

Translation Kanzul-Imaan: Rounds of silver cups and silver beakers are brought for them۔

(Sawanih Imaam Ahmed Raza, P384, Maktaba Nooria Razaviya Sakhar)

It was Friday, the 25th of Safarul Muzaffar 1340 (28th October 1921), at exactly 2:38 pm, when the Muazzin was giving Adhaan and when the Muazzin recited

حَيَّ عَلَي الْفَلاحِ’, AlaHazrat Imaam-e-AhleSunnah, Mujaddid of the Ummah, reviver of the Sunnah, destroyer of bid’ah, scholar of Shariah, guide of tareeqah, fountain of blessing, Allama Moulana AlHaaj AlHafiz AlQari AshShah Imaam Ahmed Raza Khan عَلَيْهِ رَحْمَةُ الرَّحْمٰنْ departed from this mundane world.

اِنَّا لِلّهِ وَاِنَّآ اِلَيْهِ رَاجِعُوْن

The blessed grave of Sayyiduna AlaHazrat رَحْمَةُ الله عَلَيْه is situated in Muhalla Saudagran, Bareilly Shareef in India (UP) and is open to the general public to pay their respect and other tribute.

Anticipation in the court of the

beloved Prophet صَلَّى اللهُ تَعَالٰى عَلَيْه وَاٰله وَسَلَّم

In India, as Imaam Ahmad Raza Khan رَحْمَةُ الله عَلَيْه was passing away, at precisely the same time, a pious man from Syria was having a dream in Baitul Maqaddas. He related that he saw the beloved Prophet صَلَّى اللهُ تَعَالٰى عَلَيْه وَاٰله وَسَلَّم sitting among his companions عليهم الرضوان and it seemed as if they were waiting for someone. There was silence in the gathering. Curious about this, the pious man from Syria moved forward and asked the beloved Prophet صَلَّى اللهُ تَعَالٰى عَلَيْه وَاٰله وَسَلَّم, “O Prophet of Allah! For whom are you waiting?” The beloved Prophet صَلَّى اللهُ تَعَالٰى عَلَيْه وَاٰله وَسَلَّم replied “We are waiting for Ahmed Raza”. The person asked, “Who is he?” The beloved Prophet صَلَّى اللهُ تَعَالٰى عَلَيْه وَاٰله وَسَلَّم replied “He is an inhabitant of Bareilly in India” When this Saint awoke, he immediately journeyed from Syria to Bareilly Shareef to meet AlaHazrat رَحْمَةُ الله عَلَيْه, but to his dismay, he learnt that AlaHazrat رَحْمَةُ الله عَلَيْه had already departed from this world. (Sawaaneh Imaam Ahmed Raza, P391, Maktaba Nooria Radawiyyah Sakhar)

Anticipation in the court of the

beloved Prophet صَلَّى اللهُ تَعَالٰى عَلَيْه وَاٰله وَسَلَّم

In India, as Imaam Ahmad Raza Khan رَحْمَةُ الله عَلَيْه was passing away, at precisely the same time, a pious man from Syria was having a dream in Baitul Maqaddas. He related that he saw the beloved Prophet صَلَّى اللهُ تَعَالٰى عَلَيْه وَاٰله وَسَلَّم sitting among his companions عليهم الرضوان and it seemed as if they were waiting for someone. There was silence in the gathering. Curious about this, the pious man from Syria moved forward and asked the beloved Prophet صَلَّى اللهُ تَعَالٰى عَلَيْه وَاٰله وَسَلَّم, “O Prophet of Allah! For whom are you waiting?” The beloved Prophet صَلَّى اللهُ تَعَالٰى عَلَيْه وَاٰله وَسَلَّم replied “We are waiting for Ahmed Raza”. The person asked, “Who is he?” The beloved Prophet صَلَّى اللهُ تَعَالٰى عَلَيْه وَاٰله وَسَلَّم replied “He is an inhabitant of Bareilly in India” When this Saint awoke, he immediately journeyed from Syria to Bareilly Shareef to meet AlaHazrat رَحْمَةُ الله عَلَيْه, but to his dismay, he learnt that AlaHazrat رَحْمَةُ الله عَلَيْه had already departed from this world. (Sawaaneh Imaam Ahmed Raza, P391, Maktaba Nooria Radawiyyah Sakhar)

How I joined Dawat-e-Islami

An Islamic brother from Mandan Ghar in the district of Ratnaghari in the state of Maharashtra narrates, “In the year 2002, due to bad company, I had joined a local gang of thugs. It was my habit to swear at people and to assault them. I also intentionally began fights. If there was any new fashion, I was the first to adopt it. I changed my clothes quiet a few times during the day and wearing jeans were the only pants I used to wear. I used to hang around with useless friends, came home quiet late and slept well into the day. My father had already passed away and when my mother tried to make me understand, I would answer back to her. Once, I met an Islamic brother from Dawat-e-Islami who handed me a booklet as a gift entitled “King of Jinnaat” which had been printed by Maktaba-tul-Madina. After reading this booklet, I felt good. During the month of Ramadhaan, I was lucky enough to go to a Masjid and coincidently met an Islamic brother who was wearing a green Imaama and white clothes. I also found out that he was a mu’takif in the Masjid. When he started the Dars from Faizan-e-Sunnat, I also sat down. After the Dars, he continued to make an effort and began to explain to me the Madani environment of Dawat-e-Islami and the blessings in this. The clothes of the Islamic brother were so simple that it also had stitches on them. The food that came from home for him was also very simple. I became highly impressed by his simplicity and began to not only like him but also admire him. I began to visit him regularly. Coincidently, after Eid-ul-Fitr, it was his Nikah. Although he was very poor and was financially not in a good state, he never gave me that impression and never asked for any financial help or assistance. I became even more impressed by the Madani environment of Dawat-e-Islami and was also highly overwhelmed by the loving Madani spirit within it. I was also highly impressed by the simplicity of the people associated with it. I had now become attached to Dawat-e-Islami and decided to join the Madani Qafila for eight days. My heart had completely been overturned and I had experienced a Madani revolution within myself. I sincerely repented for all my sins and completely handed myself to Dawat-e-Islami. Alhamdu-Lillah عَزَّوَجَل! Today I am a dedicated servant of Dawat-e-Islami and also a dedicated member of the area mushawarat.

صَلَّى اللهُ تَعَالٰى عَلٰى مُحَمَّد صَلُّوْا عَلَى الْحَبيْب!ْ

• 3 weeks later...
  • 9 years later...

بحث میں حصہ لیں

آپ ابھی پوسٹ کرکے بعد میں رجسٹر ہوسکتے ہیں۔ اگر آپ پہلے سے رجسٹرڈ ہیں تو سائن اِن کریں اور اپنے اکاؤنٹ سے پوسٹ کریں۔
نوٹ: آپ کی پوسٹ ناظم کی اجازت کے بعد نظر آئے گی۔

اس ٹاپک پر جواب دیں

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• حالیہ دیکھنے والے   0 اراکین

• کوئی رجسٹرڈ رُکن اس صفحے کو نہیں دیکھ رہا