In Search of the Body Beautiful

Sunni Sister

تجویز کردہ جواب

By: 'Itrat Azad

There seems no limit nowadays to the extent that women (and men!) are prepared to go to in order to achieve that 'perfect look'. Forget false eyelashes and wigs, we are now talking scalpels, implants and liposuction!!

Cosmetic surgery amongst film actresses has been commonplace for quite some time now, but these days, we wouldn't be too hard pressed to find ordinary women on the street who are more plastic than real! Indeed, in some circles, having multiple facelifts has become a status symbol: the more you have, the higher you are in the status rankings.

If questioned whether cosmetic surgery was Islamically correct or not, then without doubt, most Muslims would instinctively respond by saying that it isn't, for the simple reason that it would be interfering with Allaah's creation. And certainly, this would be the correct response. The Companion, Ibn Mas'ood, radiAllaahu 'anhu, once said (quoting what he had heard the Prophet, sallallaahu 'alaihi wa sallam, say): "Allaah has cursed the tattooers and those who have themselves tattooed, and those women who have their teeth filed for beauty and those who have their [facial] hair plucked and thus alter Allaah's creation." A woman remarked, "What's all this?" So Ibn Mas'ood - radiAllaahu 'anhu - said: "Should I not curse one whom Allaah's Messenger cursed? And it is in the Book of Allaah!" She said: "I have read the Qur'aan from cover to cover, but I did not find that in it." He replied: "If you had read it thoroughly you would have found it. Allaah says, 'Whatever the Messenger gives you, take it and whatever he has forbidden, retrain from it

بحث میں حصہ لیں

آپ ابھی پوسٹ کرکے بعد میں رجسٹر ہوسکتے ہیں۔ اگر آپ پہلے سے رجسٹرڈ ہیں تو سائن اِن کریں اور اپنے اکاؤنٹ سے پوسٹ کریں۔
نوٹ: آپ کی پوسٹ ناظم کی اجازت کے بعد نظر آئے گی۔

اس ٹاپک پر جواب دیں

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• حالیہ دیکھنے والے   0 اراکین

• کوئی رجسٹرڈ رُکن اس صفحے کو نہیں دیکھ رہا