THE EXCELLENCE OF SHABAAN

Attari.Rafique

تجویز کردہ جواب

(salam)

(bis)

We might not realize the greatness of the month that is upon us but Insha Allah we should try to

spend this month the way Rasoolullah (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) and his blessed Companions

did, as we will learn hereunder.

Hazrat Aisha Siddiqa (Radiallahu Ta’ala Anha) has said, “Allah’s Rasool (Sallallahu Alaihi

Wasallam) used to fast until we would say he was never going to stop fasting, and he would go so

long without fasting that we would say he was never going to fast, but I never saw Rasoolullah

(Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) fasting from the beginning to the end of any month except the

month of Ramadaan, and I never saw him do more fasting in any month than he did in Shabaan.”

Hazrat Aisha (Radiallahu Ta’ala Anha) also stated, “The fasting Rasoolullah (Sallallahu Alaihi

Wasallam) liked best was that which he did in Shabaan, so I said to him, ‘O Messenger of Allah

how is it that I always see you fasting in Shabaan?’ and Rasoolullah (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam)

replied, ‘O Aisha, it is the month in which the Angel of Death has to note down the names of

anyone whose soul he must take before the year is out, so I would rather he did not record my

name except while I am fasting.’”

Hazrat Abu Huraira (Radiallahu Ta’ala Anh) reports that, “The Beloved Rasool (Sallallahu Alaihi

Wasallam) never fasted throughout the whole of any month outside Ramadaan, apart from Rajab

and Shabaan.”

Hazrat Anas ibn Malik (Radiallahu Ta’ala Anh) reports that when Rasoolullah (Sallallahu Alaihi

Wasallam) was asked about the most meritorious fasting, he replied, “Fasting in Shabaan in

honour of Ramadaan.”

Hazrat Abdullah (Radiallahu Ta’ala Anh) narrates that Rasoolullah (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam)

said, “Anyone who fasts on the last Monday of Shabaan will be granted forgiveness.”

Hazrat Ubaidullah ibn Qais (Radiallahu Ta’ala Anh) once heard Hazrat Aisha Siddiqa (Radiallahu

Ta’ala Anha) say, “The dearest of months to Rasoolullah (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) was

Shabaan, which he would link to Ramadaan.”

Hazrat Abu Huraira (Radiallahu Ta’ala Anh) narrates that Rasoolullah (Sallallahu Alaihi

Wasallam) once said, “Shabaan is my month, Rajab is the month of Allah, and Ramadaan is the

month of my Ummah. Shabaan is the expiator while Ramadaan is the purifier.”

Rasoolullah (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) also said, “Shabaan is the month between Rajab and

Ramadaan. People tend to neglect it, but that is when the deeds of His servants ascend to the Lord

of the Worlds, so I would rather mine rose up while I was fasting.”

Hazrat Anas ibn Malik (Radiallahu Ta’ala Anh) states that Rasoolullah (Sallallahu Alaihi

Wasallam) said, “The excellence of Rajab over other months is like the excellence of the Qur’an

over all other speech, while the excellence of Shabaan over other months is like my excellence

over the rest of the Prophets, and the excellence of Ramadaan over other months is like the

excellence of Allah over all His creatures.”

Hazrat Anas (Radiallahu Ta’ala Anh) also reports that when the Companions of Rasoolullah

(Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) beheld the new moon of Shabaan, they would immerse themselves

in reading the Holy Qur’an. The Muslims would pay their Zakaat assessed on their wealth,

thereby providing the means for the weak and the poor to fortify themselves in preparation for

the fasting of the month of Ramadaan. The governors would summon the prison inmates, to carry

out the sentence on those convicted of major offences under Islamic Law, and to set the rest free.

Businessmen would set about paying their debts and collecting their dues. Then, when they

beheld the new moon of Ramadaan, they would bathe themselves and devote themselves to

worship.

Shabaan is a month in which the treasures are laid open, in which blessings are sent down, in

which faults are forsworn, in which sins are expiated, and in which benedictions are multiplied

upon the best of creation, Muhammad Mustafa (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam).

Far from being negligent during this month, therefore, every conscientious believer is obliged to

exert himself in preparation for the coming month of Ramadaan, using the days that remain to get

clear of sins and repent those committed in the past. One should beseech Almighty Allah in the

month of Shabaan. One should appeal to Allah Ta’ala through the owner of the month,

Muhammad Mustafa (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam), until the corruption of one’s heart is corrected,

and the sickness of one’s inner being is cured.

This must be done without delay and not put off until tomorrow, for the days are three:

yesterday, which is a date in history; today, which is a time for action; and tomorrow, which is a

hopeful expectation, for whether you will get there or not is beyond your ken. Thus yesterday is a

caution, today is an opportunity and tomorrow is a risk. The months are likewise three: Rajab,

now past and gone beyond return; Ramadaan, awaiting in a future you may not live to see; and in

between we have Shabaan, so let us seize this opportunity for worshipful devotion.

Hazrat Zunnoon Misri (Radiallahu Ta’ala Anh) has said the following, “Rajab is the month of

sowing, Shabaan is the month of watering and Ramadaan is the month of the harvest. Everyone

reaps what he sows, and everyone is recompensed for what he does. If a person wastes the time he

should devote to cultivation, he will regret it on his day of harvesting. He will realize in

retrospect that he was sowing nothing but a bleak future for himself.”

[Compiled from Ghunyalit Taalibi Tareeqal Haqq by Hazrat Shaikh Abdul Qadir Jilani Radiallahu

Ta’ala Anh]

May Allah Ta’ala through the Sadaqa of our Beloved Master Muhammad Mustafa Sallallahu Alaihi

Wasallam grant us the Taufeeq to do much fasting and repentance during this month and to

prepare ourselves for the blessed month of Ramadaan, Ameen.

بحث میں حصہ لیں

آپ ابھی پوسٹ کرکے بعد میں رجسٹر ہوسکتے ہیں۔ اگر آپ پہلے سے رجسٹرڈ ہیں تو سائن اِن کریں اور اپنے اکاؤنٹ سے پوسٹ کریں۔
نوٹ: آپ کی پوسٹ ناظم کی اجازت کے بعد نظر آئے گی۔

اس ٹاپک پر جواب دیں

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• حالیہ دیکھنے والے   0 اراکین

• کوئی رجسٹرڈ رُکن اس صفحے کو نہیں دیکھ رہا