Yusuf Qaradawi Join Dr. Padri Regarding Diyyat

Sybarite

تجویز کردہ جواب

Qaradawi Urges Gender Equality on Blood Money

pic05.jpg

Sheikh Qaradawi said scholars of earlier times used to adopt gender equality on blood money

By Farahat Al Abbar, IOL Correspondent

DOHA, December 24 (IslamOnline.net) - Prominent Muslim scholar Yusuf al-Qaradawi pressed for gender equality on the amount of manslaughter blood money.

Qaradawi said during a forum in Qatar's Supreme Council for Family Affairs on Wednesday, December 22, that there is no evidence backing that the compensation paid for mistakenly killing a woman should be half that for a slaughtered man.

"No evidence in the Noble Qur'an supports such arguments on discrimination drawn between men and women in that regard."

The prominent Muslim scholar, who is also head of the International Association of Muslim Scholars (IAMS), said earlier generations of scholars such as Ibn Alia and Al-Aasam used to pay equal blood money to compensate the families of those killed regardless of their gender.

Not as Inheritance

Sheikh Qaradawi further rejected that the blood money issue should be dealt with as that of inheritance - where women get half that offered to men of the legacy of their dead relatives.

"Still, there are many inheritance cases in which women are paid equally as men."

Sheikh Qaradawi refuted claims that men are paid double the amount presented to women due to men's responsibility for their families.

"Islamic Shari`ah doesn't state this. Rather, we see a little kid is paid equally as to an old man, and a porter as a professor - with no discrimination whatsoever."

Known for his moderate edicts and widely-respected views, Sheikh Qaradawi maintained that reconsideration of the women's share of blood money would be an honor for women.

He called on the government of Qatar, where the Egyptian scholar now stays, to put his recommendation into action.

Agreement

Sheikh Qaradawi's call was welcomed by a host of prominent scholars attending the forum.

Chief among them are Qatari participants Sheikh Abdul Kadir bin Muhammad al-Amari, the former deputy chief of the Appeal Court, professor Aisha al-Mannaa, the dean of the Shari`ah faculty of Qatar University, and her colleague professor Mohamed Othman Shber.

Al-Mannaa said review of women's share of bloody money would be seen as an effort to promote women rights.

Shber concurred, saying these days are completely different from earlier eras when opinions on women's blood money share were given.

Salem Rashid al-Marrekhi, member of the national human rights committee in Qatar, hailed the scholars' stance on equalizing women's share of blood money as a boost of human rights in the Islamic world.

"Human rights laws don't strike a difference between between males and females."

Disagreement

However, a cohort of Muslim scholars voiced opposition to equalizing men and women on the blood money share.

"The four madhhabs (religious schools) have agreed on paying half share of blood money to women," said Saleh bin Jassem Al Muhanadi, head of the first class court.

He urged to take into account men's financial burdens when tackling the issue of women's blood money share.

"Men pay dowry and are totally responsible for their families, burdens that women are exempted of."

More Studies

Other Muslim scholars pressed for conducting more studies on the issue of women's share of blood money.

Dr. Thaqeel bin Sayer al-Shamry of the Court of Cassation said the issue requires deep examination, warning against hasty decisions on what he calls a thorny territory.

Shamry believed that scholars advocating equal blood money to men and women have used weak hadith (Prophet Muhammad's sayings).

The forum comes following mounting calls to introduce amendments to the Qatari law on women's blood money share which states that families of killed women are paid half that to killed men as a settlement to potential disputes over the killings.

The Supreme Council for Family Affairs which hosted the lecture was established in 1998 under the presidency of Sheikha Mozah bint Nasser Al-Misnad, Qatar’s First Lady.

The Council has been a scene of several gatherings on family issues, latest of which was the

Doha International Conference for Family , held on November 29-30.

salaamoalaikum wa rahmatullah

brother i m frm Qatar

n yes yusuf qardawi is a ghulaam of najdis

qatari govrnment has given him nationality basically he is frm from Egypt

stupid guy, i hate him

ajib o garib qism ki fatwe yusuf qardawi k yahan se jari hote rehte hen

Al amaan wal Hafiz..

wassalaam

salaamoalaikum wa rahmatullah

brother i m frm Qatar

n yes yusuf qardawi is a ghulaam of najdis

qatari govrnment has given him nationality basically he is frm from Egypt

stupid guy, i hate him

ajib o garib qism ki fatwe yusuf qardawi k yahan se jari hote rehte hen

Al amaan wal Hafiz..

wassalaam

(salam)

I dont know much about Yusuf Qaradawi but his views regarding Diyyat is far more than enough to make a decision. I think we'll be seeing Dr. Padri's supporters presenting him in regard of Diyyat issue. I found out something really interesting.

Below is the fatwa from Islamonline.net Yusuf Qaradawi made a whole speech in favour of this website which is available on this website.

Question: I have heard that the Prophet (saw), had let some Christians use the Masjid An-Nabawi for their sunday serivces, is this true?

Answer: This is not correct. The Prophet Muhammad, peace and blessings be upon him, allowed a delegation from Najran, which consisted of Christian people, to enter the mosque in Madinah and even to have their own prayer their. But he did not allow them to have their regular Sundayservices there. This was a permission for one specific occasion in a specialcase. The Mosque is the place for the worship of One God (Tawhid). It is not suitable for any service that may have Shirk in it. Also, we have to understand that at the time of the Prophet, peace and blessings be upon him,the Mosque was the only place for any gathering. Other buildings and facilities were not available. Whenever the Prophet, peace and blessings be upon him, used to meet any dignitaries, he used to meet them in the Mosque. Muslim governments can have guest houses and other halls for meeting purposes. When the Prophet,peace and blessings be upon him, allowed the group of Christians to pray in his Mosque this indeed shows his tolerance and respect for his guests, but it should not be taken as a general permission for holding Christian prayers in the Mosque.

Think this reply the lame Tahiri/Minhaji justification which they present in regard of Dr. Padri celebrating Christmas and allowing them to pray in Minhajian mosques. If they'll present Yusuf Qaradawi's veiws regarding Diyyah in support of Dr. Padri, they should accept this fatwa too :lol:

• 1 year later...

How many books you have studied on the topic "Gender Equality on Blood Money". If you have studied Fatawa Razwia ,Tafseer Naeimi and Fatawa Naeimia of mufti Iqtdar Ahmad Khan.

If you have same poin of veiw about Mufti AHmad yar Khan Naeimi and Mufti iqtdar AHmad Khan.

grey.gif

If they are right why only blame some one.is your target is only one person?

why is this sunniat?

• 7 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Mr Ghyas and Mr Amin Riaz

You vanished from urdu forum and appeared here.The difference had been elaborated there between Mufti Ahmad Yar sahib and Tahirulqadri sahib which you neglected or could not understand.There is difference of 'amad' and 'sehv o khata'.Tahirulqadri insisted on this issue in spite of being refuted by majority of scholars while Mufti Ahmad Yar sahib wrote it with mistake. There is no such evidence that he was refuted and insisted on this viewpoint.

• 2 weeks later...

Mr Ghyas and Mr Amin Riaz

You vanished from urdu forum and appeared here.The difference had been elaborated there between Mufti Ahmad Yar sahib and Tahirulqadri sahib which you neglected or could not understand.There is difference of 'amad' and 'sehv o khata'.Tahirulqadri insisted on this issue in spite of being refuted by majority of scholars while Mufti Ahmad Yar sahib wrote it with mistake. There is no such evidence that he was refuted and insisted on this viewpoint.

I was never really at the Urdu section - by the time I joined - the topic had been pinned up. So where exactly are you saying I disappeared? Post the link - I am more than happy to return.... else withdraw such petty and false accusation.

----

".Tahirulqadri insisted on this issue in spite of being refuted by majority of scholars"

Which scholars? There is only ONE man who really refuted Dr TUQ - and that is Kazmi Sahib.

Have you seen what the likes of Maulana Bandiyalvi or Mufti Waqar wrote? Is that what you call intellectual criticism?

---

"The difference had been elaborated there between Mufti Ahmad Yar sahib"

You mean "adjusted" - Mufti Ahmad Yaar Khaan Sahib made his views clear - it is YOU who is claimng that he made a "mistake". To fit into your pretty world view.

---

"There is no such evidence that he was refuted and insisted on this viewpoint."

So if he wasn't refuted why would he insist on his viewpoint? This is a really bad argument - pure sohpistry and meaningless. It is classed a formal logical fallacy.

----

How do you know Mufti Ahmad Yaar Khan did not stand by his views? Where is your evidence?

---

Which majority of scholars? What are their names? And what is their verdict?

---

Dr TUQ - did not invent this issue also he is well versed in Fiqh, Hadith and Usul e Fiqh. If you listen to what he claimed, it was on the basis of Hanafi Usul that he agrees with equal diyat for women.

---

What did those who "hated" Dr TUQ per se - spread - that he is equating himself next or above Imam e Azam. This is so obviously a lie and so wrong that it is laughable. Other than those with blackened heart - no one really believed this. As Dr TUQ would not have risen to such lofty heights. He would have been dead in the waters.

Mufti Muneeb Ur Rehman Sahib was singing his praises after this event - why? It is only later he withdrew his support.... this is one tantalising example for you.

----

This site isn't about a free and fair discussion - oh no. It is about propagating the set views of Admin. If the "Admin" allows it and does not interfere - and you can refrain from "Mud Slinging" - then I am happy to debate the issue.

• 2 years later...

Have you seen what the likes of Maulana Bandiyalvi or Mufti Waqar wrote? Is that what you call intellectual criticism? 

Yes, we have and we are more than happy to quote Khatri ke Ghanti and Waqar al-Fatawa for you. 

Mufti Muneeb Ur Rehman Sahib was singing his praises after this event - why? It is only later he withdrew his support.... this is one tantalising example for you. 

A lie! A bold-faced lie! Mufti Munib ar-Rahman said quite clearly he never praised Dr. Tahir. See here:

*Note, I deleted my responses to his other questions as in sha Allah, I will get to his objections on Mufti Ahmad Yar Khan Naeemi alaihi rahma shortly*

Edited by Abu Ihsan

They shut the other topic down on Diyat. I wanted to present further evidences on the Ijma and Diyat issue. Also analysing fatwa of Kazmi Sahib and Maulna Atta Muhammad in light of Usul Al Fiqh. Which was never really done. 

I know all the so-called "evidences" you will attempt to produce, all of which have all been refuted by `Allama Kazmi sahib alaihi rahma and Mufti Waqaruddin alaihi rahma. You will merely reproduce every misquote Padri has done in his so-called "lecture".

Do us a favor and spare us the nonsense. 

Edited by Abu Ihsan

The ijma` in the four schools of fiqh is quite obvious. It's the stupidity of Dr. Tahir trying to make an argument otherwise is apparent to the Ulama. It is in Bada`i wa al-Sana`i of Imam al-Kasani:

وَإِنْ كَانَ أُنْثَى فَدِيَةُ الْمَرْأَةِ عَلَى النِّصْفِ مِنْ دِيَةِ الرَّجُلِ لِإِجْمَاعِ الصَّحَابَةِ رَضِيَ اللَّهُ عَنْهُمْ فَإِنَّهُ رُوِيَ عَنْ سَيِّدِنَا عُمَرَ ، وَسَيِّدِنَا عَلِيٍّ ، وَابْنِ مَسْعُودٍ ، وَزَيْدِ بْنِ ثَابِتٍ رِضْوَانُ اللَّهِ تَعَالَى عَلَيْهِمْ أَنَّهُمْ قَالُوا فِي دِيَةِ الْمَرْأَةِ : إنَّهَا عَلَى النِّصْفِ مِنْ دِيَةِ الرَّجُلِ ، وَلَمْ يُنْقَلْ أَنَّهُ أَنْكَرَ عَلَيْهِمْ أَحَدٌ فَيَكُونَ إجْمَاعًا

In al-Inayah Sharh al-Hidaya:

قَالَ وَبَلَغَنَا عَنْ عَلِيٍّ أَنَّهُ قَالَ فِي دِيَةِ الْمَرْأَةِ عَلَى النِّصْفِ مِنْ دِيَةِ الرَّجُلِ فِي النَّفْسِ

In Hidaya it is as follows:

قَالَ الْمُصَنِّفُ رَحِمَهُ اللَّهُ : { وَدِيَةُ الْمَرْأَةِ نِصْفُ دِيَةِ الرَّجُلِ } ، رُوِيَ هَذَا اللَّفْظُ مَوْقُوفًا عَلَى عَلِيٍّ ، وَمَرْفُوعًا إلَى النَّبِيِّ صَلَّى اللَّهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ

From the Sharh of Ibn Qudama in Hanbali fiqh:

ودية المرأة نصف دية الرجل، إذا كانت المرأة حرة مسلمة فديتها نصف دية الحر المسلم أجمع على ذلك أهل العلم ذكره ابن المنذر وابن عبد البر وحكى غيرهما عن ابن علية والاصم أنهما قالا ديتها كدية الرجل لقوله عليه الصلاة والسلام " في النفس المؤمنة مائة من الابل " وهذا قول شاذ يخالف اجماع الصحابة وسنة النبي صلى الله عليه وسلم فان في كتاب عمرو بن حزم دية المرأة على النصف من دية الرجل وهو أخص مما ذكروه وهما في كتاب واحد فيكون ما ذكرنا مفسرا لما ذكروه مخصصا له

• 1 month later...

maulana noor ahmad riaz  multan walay farmaatay hain k khawb main jo kuch daikha, asal baat us kee taabeer hay, daikhna kuch aur cheez hay, taabeer kuch aur cheez hay.

aik aadmi nay 4 khawb daikhay,

1.  teen dost aik kamray main baithay hain, aik aadmi aa kar itlah karta hay,aap thora intizaar karain HAZOOR  (saw) pahnchnay waalay hain.

2.HAZOOR (saw) tape recod par Abdul Raoof Rufi kee naat sun rahay hain.

3. Aik aadmi paani walay pipe say HAZOOR (saw) ke qabar mubarak main paani daal raha hay. Qabar kachi mitti ke hay.

4. aik aadmee HAZOOR (saw) kay saath chaarpaee par laita hu aa hay yaani so raha hay, us ka jism AAP (saw) kay jism mubarak kay saath touch ho raha hay.

start say kuch interest hay islami books read karnay ka to kuch dost apnay khawb suna daitay hain taabeer k liee ay to main kisi alam e deen say pooch kar bata dia karta hoon.  ya sub kuch likhnay ka maqsad hay k khawb to ALLAH taala ke taraf say hota hay ,aadmi kuch bhee daikh sakta hay.

DR tahir ul qadri agar jhoot bhool kar jhootay khawb suna raha hay aur HAZOOR (saw) say jhoot baat mansoob kar raha hay to thikaana jahanam hay.  aur agar sach bole raha hay to ham khamkha gunah gaar ho rahay hain.

wo jo kar raha hay karnay dain.  ham apna kaam karain.

aaj parh kar hairaan ho gia kay peer naseeruddn naseer bhee mutnaazia shakhsiaat hain.  kaun sahee hay phir.

umrah par madina sharif main aik aurat ko maghrab kay baad AAP (saw) ke zinda ziarat hu e aur dua k darmyaan AP (saw) nay us k haathoon main motee jaisee chamakdaar tasbeeh  daali aur farmaya  AR ZIADA DAY DIA GIA.  us aurat nay mujhey batya. me said  haan ya mumkin hay.

to yay to karam kee baat hay.  padri padri kehna bhee munasab naheen. us ko us k haal par chor dain

بحث میں حصہ لیں

آپ ابھی پوسٹ کرکے بعد میں رجسٹر ہوسکتے ہیں۔ اگر آپ پہلے سے رجسٹرڈ ہیں تو سائن اِن کریں اور اپنے اکاؤنٹ سے پوسٹ کریں۔
نوٹ: آپ کی پوسٹ ناظم کی اجازت کے بعد نظر آئے گی۔

اس ٹاپک پر جواب دیں

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• حالیہ دیکھنے والے   0 اراکین

• کوئی رجسٹرڈ رُکن اس صفحے کو نہیں دیکھ رہا