The Former Hindu Poet Who Loved Prophet Muhammad صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم

Eccedentesiast

تجویز کردہ جواب

bismillah.gif

When the British still ruled India in 1940, there lived, in Delhi, a well-known Hindu poet

by the name of Dillu Ram Kausari. Now, this poet, though a Hindu, wrote

encomiums and poems [Qasida/Na’at] in praise of the Prophet Muhammad (upon

him be blessings and peace) called ‘Aab-e-Kausar’. He became famous for writing

such poetry and his poems became well known to such an extent that it scandalised hisfellow Hindus who accosted him and said,“Dillu Ram, what is the matter with you? Youhave disgraced the name ofHindus! You are a Hindu and yet you sing praises of andwrite poetrypraising the Prophet of the Muslims?”“Do not stop me”, answered Dillu Ram, “For I am forced to write such poetry.”“Who or what is forcing you?” his fellow Hindus asked.

“I am forced by my love,” he cried. “I have fallen in love with the Prophet!”

“How can you, being a Hindu, fall in love with the Muslims’ Prophet?” they asked,

perplexed.

To this Dillu Ram replied, “’Love is not forced it just happens’”.

“How much do you love the Prophet then?”they asked him, still astonished that one of

their own could love the Prophet.

To this Dillu Ram wept like a lover departed from his

beloved and recited a poem of his. He said:

Kuch ‘ishq e Muhammad mein nahin shart e Musulman!

Hai Kausari Hindu bhii talabgaar e Muhammad!

Allah re! kyaa raunaq e bazaar e Muhammad

Ke Ma’bood e Jahan bhi hai kharidaar e Muhammad!

Being a Muslim is not a condition for loving Muhammad!

Kausari, the Hindu, is also a seeker of Muhammad!

By Allah! How delightful is the bazaar of Muhammad

For the Lord of the Worlds is also a buyer of Muhammad!

They left him in disgust. The poetry of Dillu Ram became more widespread and one

quatrain, in particular, shocked the entire community in India, both Muslims and Hindus.

In this quatrain he imagined himself on the Day of Judgement and wrote these words,

which were published (as were many of his other poems in various Urdu monthlies) in a

Urdu magazine called “Maulvi” which was printed in Delhi.

This was the controversial quatrain:

Rahmatulilalamin kay Hashar mein maana’ khulay

Khalq saari Shaafa e Roz e Jaza kay saath hai

Laykay Dillu Raam ko jannat mein jab Hazrat gaye

Ma’loom huwa kay Hindu bhi Mahboob e Khuda kay saath hai!The meaning of “Mercy unto the Worlds” became apparent on Judgement Day:

The whole creation is with the Intercessor of The Day of Acquittal

When the Prophet took Dillu Ram with him into Paradise

It was known that this Hindu too is with the Beloved of God!

This quatrain scandalised both Hindus and Muslims! It annoyed the Hindus who objected

to his continued praise of the Prophet and it scandalised the Muslims who were angered

by the sheer audacity of this Hindu to speak like that about the Day of Judgment!

“Howcan a Hindu go to heaven?” they asked.

Undeterred by this criticism, Dillu Ram continued most of his life to sing the praises of

the Prophet although he never became a Muslim and remained a Hindu. It is also said that

Dillu Ram, delirious with his love, would sometimes stand in the middle of the bazaar in

Delhi, put chains around his neck and feet and shout at the top of his voice to all passersby, “Muhammad!Muhammad! Muhammad! Yes! Muhammad is the Beloved of God!Muhammad is thefirst and only Beloved of God! If God loves you, He loves you becauseofHis Beloved!”

Some people even stoned him and he would often come home covered

in blood but he was totally lost in his love of the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him!)

As he got older, his fame as a poet (and infamy) spread and when hebecame seriously ill it was reported in the various literary magazinesthroughout India including in “Maulvi”.

Itwas reported in this magazine that when he was on his deathbed,seriously weakened and surrounded by well-wishers, friends, family, andadmirers of his poetry including many other poets, he was so weak hecouldn’t leave his bed. Strangely, he continued to stare at the doorand after a while his face brightened and he got up and stood on hisfeet

and hands-folded, asked all those gathered there to also stand up. Astonished his

intimates asked him, “What is the matter?” Weeping Dillu Ram said, “Theone whom I have spent my whole life praising has arrived! The blessedFather of Fatima (upon him be peace and blessings!) is here, visitingme! And I have not even accepted his religion!How generous my belovedis!”

Weeping, he began to converse with the spirit of the Prophet who said to him, “DilluRam! Your time is almost upon you. Azrael is almost here! I do not wantanyone who has praised me like you have to go to the hellfire! I wishto take you into Paradise with me!”

Weeping Dillu Ram recited the Kalimah (Muslim Credo) and then said to the Prophet, “Master!You have taught me the Kalimah now also give me a Muslim name ofyourchoice! I can feel The Angel of Death is almost upon me!”TheProphet gave him the name Kausar Ali Kausari. After that the fortunateformer Hindu poet passed away. Verilywe are from God and unto Him isour return!His name has become famous amongst traditionalSunni Muslims of the Subcontinent as a lover of the Prophet whoattained a blessing only given to God’s chosen few—the vision of theBeloved whilst in a state of waking!May God give us all the love of Dillu Ram Kausari! Ameen.

Reference:Thisis a transcription by Danish Kirkire, with notes and translation, of atalk about Dillu Ram Kausari by Qari Abu Bakr Chishti of Pakistan.

SALAMOALEKUM,

Subhan allah... Muhammed salallaho alehe wasalam sab ke liye hain.. Main india ka hon aur yahan ke besumar hindu poets ko Allah ke rasool salal laho alehe wasalam se mohabbat hone ka ijhar kye hain. Insallah mein bhi kosis karonga ke chand naat post karon.

SALAMOALEKUM,

Subhan allah... Muhammed salallaho alehe wasalam sab ke liye hain.. Main india ka hon aur yahan ke besumar hindu poets ko Allah ke rasool salal laho alehe wasalam se mohabbat hone ka ijhar kye hain. Insallah mein bhi kosis karonga ke chand naat post karon.

WaAlaikumussalam

Welcome to Islamimehfil!

Aor aap bhi Naat shareef ki zroor sharing kijiay

(azw)(ja)

بحث میں حصہ لیں

آپ ابھی پوسٹ کرکے بعد میں رجسٹر ہوسکتے ہیں۔ اگر آپ پہلے سے رجسٹرڈ ہیں تو سائن اِن کریں اور اپنے اکاؤنٹ سے پوسٹ کریں۔
نوٹ: آپ کی پوسٹ ناظم کی اجازت کے بعد نظر آئے گی۔

اس ٹاپک پر جواب دیں

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• حالیہ دیکھنے والے   0 اراکین

• کوئی رجسٹرڈ رُکن اس صفحے کو نہیں دیکھ رہا