The Excellence Of Knowledge

Attari.Rafique

تجویز کردہ جواب

The condition of Muslims today, especially the youth, is due to our ignorance and lack of interest

in seeking knowledge. Hereunder Insha Allah we will learn about the importance and excellence

Allah Ta'ala and His Beloved Rasool (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) have placed in knowledge.

Hujjatul Islam Hazrat Imam Ghazzali (Radiallahu Ta'ala Anh) states that knowledge is the

foundation of every action and the pivot of religion. The goodness in this world and the hereafter

cannot be attained without knowledge, nor can belief (Imaan) be perfected without it. Therefore

it is said that an ignorant cannot recognize Allah Ta'ala. It is further stated that there is no path

that leads to Allah Ta'ala that is faster than knowledge and the biggest obstacle between you and

Almighty Allah is ignorance. [Fadlul-I’lm-wal-Ulama]

Rasoolullah (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) said, “The destruction of my followers lies in two things;

giving up knowledge and amassing wealth.” Rasoolullah (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) has also

stated that anyone cursed by Allah Ta'ala is removed from knowledge and that there is no bigger

poverty than ignorance. [Makashifatul Quloob]

Hazrat Imam Isma’il bin Abi Rajaa (Radiallahu Ta'ala Anh) states that he saw Imam Muhammad

(Radiallahu Ta'ala Anh) in a dream and inquired of his welfare. The Imam (Radiallahu Ta'ala

Anh) said that Allah Ta'ala Pardoned him and Said: “If I had Ordained to punish you then I would

not have blessed you with knowledge.” [Durre Mukhtar]

Sayyiduna Rasoolullah (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) further stated, “When Allah Ta'ala Intends to

do good to anyone, He makes him knowledgeable in the matters of Deen.” [sahih Bukhari;

Tirmidhi]

It is recorded that two persons were mentioned in the presence of Sayyiduna Rasoolullah

(Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam), an Aabid (worshipper) and an Aalim (learned). The Beloved Rasool

(Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) said, “The merit of an Aalim over an Aabid is like my prominence

over an insignificant amongst you.” [Tirmidhi]

It is reported that Rasoolullah (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) said, “Allah is Most Generous and I

am the most charitable amongst mankind, and after me the most generous amongst you is he who

seeks knowledge and propagates it.” [bayhaqi ]

Imam Zahbi (Radiallahu Ta'ala Anh) reports that Rasoolullah (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) said

that on the Day of Judgment the ink of the Ulama and the blood of the Martyrs will be brought

forward and the ink of the Ulama will be superior to the blood of the Martyrs.

It is stated that on the Day of Judgment Allah Ta'ala will order the Ulama and the Shuhada to

enter Jannat. The Ulama will say, “O Allah, It is we who taught the people to worship You and

make Jihad.” Allah Ta'ala will state, “To Me, you are like My angels. Seek pardon for whom you

desire and I will accept it.” The Ulama will then intercede for the people and they will be sent to

Jannat. [ihya-ul-Uloom]

It is stated in the Hadith Shareef that if a person seeks one section of knowledge to educate others,

Allah Ta'ala will bless him with the reward of seventy Siddiqeen. [Fadlul-I’lm-wal-Ulama]

Rasoolullah (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) has said, “When a person travels in search of knowledge,

the angels spread their wings under his feet, the earth, skies and fish of the ocean make Dua for

him.” [Mu’alim Al-Tanzeel ] It is further narrated from Hazrat Abu Darda (Radiallahu Ta'ala Anh)

that Rasoolullah (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) said: “If one takes a single step in search of

knowledge, then Allah Ta'ala will lead him on one of the paths of Jannah, and verily, the angels

spread their wings of mercy for a student. Indeed, all the dwellers of earth, the skies and also the

fish of the oceans seek pardon for a scholar of Deen. And verily, the prominence of a scholar over

a worshipper is similar to the excellence of the full moon over the stars. Undoubtedly, the Ulama

are the successors of the Prophets and they do not leave any wealth behind besides knowledge.

Hence, one who has acquired knowledge has indeed achieved a great share of wealth.” [Tirmidhi]

It is stated that indeed Allah Ta'ala, His angels, the dwellers of the earth and skies, the ants in

their holes and even the fish collectively send blessings on one who seeks knowledge and teaches

others. [Tirmidhi]

“When a person travels in search of knowledge, then Allah Ta'ala makes his journey easy towards

Jannah. And when people leave the Masjid and assemble to recite the Holy Qur'an and teach it,

Divine Mercy descends on them and the Rahmah of Almighty Allah enshrouds them. The angels

of mercy also surround them while Allah Ta'ala Praises them and tells the angels how pleased He

is with them.” [sahih Muslim]

Hazrat Abu Zarr (Radiallahu Ta'ala Anh) narrates that Rasoolullah (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam)

said: “To be present in the Majlis of an Aalim is better than performing a thousand Rakaats of

Salaah, visiting a thousand sick people and being present in a thousand Janaazas.” Someone asked,

“Ya Rasoolullah (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam), what about the Tilaawat of the Qur'an?” (Meaning

the presence of an Aalim in a Majlis as better than the recitation of the Holy Qur'an?) Rasoolullah

(Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) replied, “Can one derive the benefits of the Qur'an without

knowledge?” [Lisaanul Mizaan]

Rasoolullah (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) also stated, “A single Faqi (Jurist) is more heavy on the

Cursed Shaitaan than a thousand worshippers.” [Lisaanul Mizaan] This is obvious because a

worshipper worships to save his own soul while a Faqi educates and saves a nation from the evils

of the Shaitaan.

Hazrat Ali Al Murtaza (Radiallahu Ta'ala Anh) states: “An Aalim is more superior than a

Mujaahid and one who observes fast and stays awake all night in Ibaadat.”

Hazrat Imam Ghazzali (Radiallahu Ta'ala Anh) reports that a single sight of the face of an Aalim is

more virtuous than an entire year’s devotion of Salaah and Fasting.

Hazrat Abu Darda (Radiallahu Ta'ala Anh) states that he regards the learning of a single rule of

Islam as more virtuous than staying awake all night in Ibaadat.

Hazrat Umar Farooq (Radiallahu Ta'ala Anh) states that the death of a thousand devotees, who

stay awake at night in worship and observe fast in the day, is of no comparison to the Sabr

(patience) that a single Aalim exercises on the Haraam and Halaal of Allah Ta'ala. [Fadlul-I’lmwal-

Ulama]

May Allah Ta'ala grant us the Taufeeq to become seekers of knowledge and to remain as such

until our last breath in this world, Ameen.

بحث میں حصہ لیں

آپ ابھی پوسٹ کرکے بعد میں رجسٹر ہوسکتے ہیں۔ اگر آپ پہلے سے رجسٹرڈ ہیں تو سائن اِن کریں اور اپنے اکاؤنٹ سے پوسٹ کریں۔
نوٹ: آپ کی پوسٹ ناظم کی اجازت کے بعد نظر آئے گی۔

اس ٹاپک پر جواب دیں

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• حالیہ دیکھنے والے   0 اراکین

• کوئی رجسٹرڈ رُکن اس صفحے کو نہیں دیکھ رہا