Hazrat Ali's {Radiallah Tallah Anh} Family Are Members Of Ahli Bayt.

MuhammedAli

تجویز کردہ جواب

Intorduction:

There are four major categories of Ahli Bayt. One whom Allah subhana wa tallah declared as ahli bayt in the Quran, and the other whom Messenger of Allah {subhana wa tallah} declared as his ahli bayt by spreading the cloak on them then reciting the ayaat of Tatheer as the dua. The third on whom Messenger of Allah {sallalahu alayhi was'salam} did not place the cloak on but are considered as part of ahli bayt, they are Hazrat; Ja'far, Abbas' Aqil {radiallah tallah anhuma ajmaeen}, and the fourth and the ones in the lowest category the Ummat of RasoolAllah {sallalahu alayhi was'salam}.

Ahli Bayt – Hazrat; Ali, Aqil, Ja'far, Abbas

Zaid Bin Arqam {radiallah tallah anh} explicitly states that families of Hazrat; Ali, Aqil, Ja'far, and Abbas {radiallah tallah anhuma ajma'een} are from ahli bayt of Prophet Muhammed {sallalahu alayhi was'salam} as well as his wives:

Sahih Muslim Book 31, Number 5920: "... Now to our purpose. O people, I am a human being. I am about to receive a messenger (the angel of death) from my Lord and I, in response to Allah's call, (would bid good-bye to you), but I am leaving among you two weighty things: the one being the Book of Allah in which there is right guidance and light, so hold fast to the Book of Allah and adhere to it. He exhorted (us) (to hold fast) to the Book of Allah and then said: The second are the members of my household I remind you (of your duties) to the members of my family. He (Husain) said to Zaid: Who are the members of his household? Aren't his wives the members of his family? Thereupon he said: His wives are the members of his family(but here) the members of his family are those for whom acceptance of Zakat is forbidden. And he said: Who are they? Thereupon he said: 'Ali and the offspring of 'Ali, 'Aqil and the offspring of 'Aqil and the offspring of Ja'far and the offspring of 'Abbas. Husain said: These are those for whom the acceptance of Zakat is forbidden. Zaid said: Yes.”

Ahle Kisa

- The people of cloak are the four companions of Prophet Muhammed {sallalahu alayhi was'salam} known as ahle kisa {i.e. people of cloak} are Hazrat, Ali, Fatimah, Hassan, Hussain {radiallah tallah anhuma ajma'een}, and the fifth person was Prophet Muhammed {sallalahu alayhi was'salam} who wrapped a cloak around them and himself, then recited the last part of ayaat tatheer {i.e. 33:33}: In'nama yureedullahu liyuzhiba ankumur rijsa ahlal bayti wa yutah'hiraqum tathira.” {And Allah only wishes to remove all abomination from you o people of the house, and to make you pure and spotless.} in order to initiate them into the honourable status of ahli bayt of Prophet Muhammed {sallalahu alayhi was'salam}.

The fallowing Hadith bares testimony to this:

* Sahih Muslim, Book 31, Hadith 5955: 'A'isha reported that Allah's Apostle {sallalahu alayhi was'salam} went out one norning wearing a striped cloak of the black camel's hair that there came Hasan b. 'Ali. He wrapped him under it, then came Husain and he wrapped him under it along with the other one (Hasan). Then came Fatima and he took her under it, then came 'Ali and he also took him under it and then said: Allah only desires to take away any uncleanliness from you, O people of the household, and purify you (thorough purifying).

* Jami Al Tirmidhi, Volume 2, Chapter 415, Hadith 1134: Umar bin Abi Salamah who was brought up by the Prophet {sallalahu alayhi was'salam} narrates that when the verse, Allah only desires to keep away (all kinds of) impurity from you, O People of the house!(the Prophet's family) and to totally purify you, was revealed to the Holy Prophet {sallalahu alayhi was'salam} at the home of Umm Salamah, he called Fatimah, Hassan, and Husain and covered them with a cloak. Ali was behind him, the Holy Prophet also covered him under the same cloak and then said, Oh Allah! These are my ahl-ul-bait (People of the house so keep impurity away from them and totally purify them. [Urdu Translation Refference]

* Mu'jam al-Kabeer, Volume 3, Chapter 54, Hadith 2662: Umar bin Abi Salamah who was brought up by the Prophet narrates that when the verse, Allah only desires to keep away (all kinds of) impurity from you, O people of the house!(the ProphetO family) and to totally purify you,was revealed to the Holy Prophet at the home of Umm Salama he called Fatimah, Hasan and Husain and covered them with a cloak. Ali was behind him, the Holy Prophet also covered him under the same cloak and then said, Oh Allah! These are my ahl-ul-bait (People of the house) so keep impurity away from them and totally purify them.”

* Jami Al Tirmidhi, Volume 2, Chapter 635, Hadith 1721: "Narrated by Umar ibn Abi Salama {radiallah tallah anha}, Muhammad's {sallalahu alayhi was'salam} adopted son, who said "The verse, 'Allah only wants to remove uncleanness far from you, O people of Ahlul-Bait, and purify you a thorough purifying ..." was revealed in the house of Umm Salamah. Then Muhammad {sallalahu alayhi was'salam} called Fatima, Hasan, Husain and Ali, covered them with a cover and said: 'O Allah! This is my household, so remove uncleanness from them and purify them a thorough purifying. Umm Salamah {radiallah tallah anha} said: 'Am I with them, O Messenger of Allah {sallalahu alayhi was'salam}?' He said: You are at your place. You are all right." [Urdu Translation Refference]

Another narration shows the Sunnah of our beloved Prophet {sallalahu alayhi was'salam}, that he exhorted the family of Hazrat Ali for six months to perform their Fajr prayers, and then recited ayaat of Tat'heer as supplication to Allah for them:

* Jami Al Tirmidhi, Volume 2, Chapter 415, Hadith 1135: Ans bin Malik narrates that when the Holy Prophet used to come out for Fajr (dawn) prayer, as he passed the door of Fatimah, he used to say, O people of the house perform your prayerand then he used to recite the following verse from the Holy Quran: Allah only desires to keep away (all kinds of) impurity from you, O ?eople of the house (the Prophet? family) and to totally purify you. [Urdu Translation Refference]

Ayat Of Tat'heer Asbab Un Nuzul.

* Surah Al Ahzab {33} Verse 33: And Allah only wishes to remove all abomination from you, ye members of the family and to make you pure and spotless.

There are two opinions regarding the cause of revelation for the verse of Tat'heer, and both opinions are equally valid.

Wives Of RasoolAllah:

- There is nothing in the context of the verse which indicates that Ahle Kisa are being reffered in the verse of purity. The context it is situated in is regarding wives of Messenger of Allah {sallalahu alayhi was'salam}, and first part of the verse of Tat'heer and last part are emphatically adressing wives of Messenger of Allah {sallalahu alayhi was'salam}.

- In Quran al qareem, there is evidence that angles visited the house of Ibrahim {alayhis salam} the angles reffered to his wife as ahli bayt:

Surah Hud {11} Verse 72: She said (in astonishment): "Woe unto me! Shall I bear a child while I am an old woman, and here is my husband, an old man? Verily! This is a strange thing!" {73} They said: "Do you wonder at the Decree of Allah? The Mercy of Allah and His Blessings be on you O the family {i.e. ahlal bayt}. Surely, He is All-Praiseworthy, All-Glorious."

- Hazrat Umar Ibn Abi Salama {radiallah tallah anh} has reported that the verse of Quran was revealed in the house of Hazrat Umm Salamah {radiallah tallah anha}:

* Jami Al Tirmidhi, Volume 2, Chapter 635, Hadith 1721: "Narrated by Umar ibn Abi Salama {radiallah tallah anha}, Muhammad's {sallalahu alayhi was'salam} adopted son, who said "The verse: 'Allah only wants to remove uncleanness far from you, O people of Ahlul-Bait, and purify you a thorough purifying ..." was revealed in the house of Umm Salamah.Then Muhammad {sallalahu alayhi was'salam} called Fatima, Hasan, Husain and Ali, covered ...” [Urdu Translation Refference]

The place where the verse was revealed, the context of the verse, use of masucline pronouns for mix gender word yutahiru'qum {5:6}, an'kum {43:5}, and use of title ahlal bayt for the wife of Ibrahim {alayhis salam} add up to very strong proof that wives of RasoolAllah {sallalahu alayhi was'salam} were the cause of revelation.

Ahle Kisa:

- There are numerous defective narrations which state that it was revealed for the people of cloak as well:

* Al Wahidi in Tafsir Asbab Al-Nuzul: Abu Muhammad ibn Hayyan> Ahmad ibn Amr ibn Abi Asim> Abu?-Rabial-Zahrani> Ammar ibn Muhammad> al-Thawri> Sufyan> Abul-Jahhaf> Atiyyah> Abu Sa'id [al-Khudri] who said regarding the verse (Allah wish is but to remove uncleanness far from you, O Folk of the Household : “It was revealed about five people: the Prophet, Allah bless him and give him peace, Ali, Fatimah, al-Hasan and al-Husayn, may Allah be well pleased with all of them.

* Ibn Kathir in his Tafsir quotes: Ibn Abi Hatim recorded that Abu Jamilah said: "Al-Hasan bin `Ali, may Allah be pleased with them both, was appointed as Khalifah when `Ali was killed.'' He said: "While he was praying, a man leapt on him and stabbed him with a dagger.'' Husayn claimed that he heard that the one who stabbed him was a man from Banu Asad, and Al-Hasan, may Allah be pleased with him, was prostrating at the time. He said, "They claimed that he received the wound in his hip. He was ill as a result for many months, then he recovered. He ascended the Minbar and said: `O people of `Iraq! Have Taqwa of Allah concerning us, for we are your leaders and your guests, and we are members of the family (Ahl Al-Bayt) concerning whom Allah said: Allah wishes only to remove Ar-Rijs from you, O members of the family, and to purify you with a thorough purification.” He kept saying this until there was no one left in the Masjid who was not weeping and sobbing.''

Considering the Sahih Ahadith in which our beloved Prophet of Allah {sallalahu alayhi was'salam} initiated them into his ahli bayt, it is likely that ahle kisa were among those for whom the verse was revealed generally but not specificly. And certainly the grametical shift to use of masculine pronoun yutahiru'qum, an'kum strenthens this position that Allah {subhana wa tallah} intended the ahle kisa who are majority males to be part of ahli bayt but did not declare it emphatically. Leaving it upon His beloved Messenger {sallalahu alayhi was'salam} to declare for himself for whom the grametical shift was intorduced in the verse by Allah {subhana wa tallah}. Thus the weakness in isnaad of these ahadith, does not effect the matan, rather the action of Messenger of Allah {sallalahu alayhi was'salam} of initiating Hazrat Ali's {radiallah tallah anh} family into ahli bayt is proof that Allah s{subhana wa tallah} intended them to be part of ahli bayt of Prophet Muhammed {sallalahu alayhi was'salam}.

Ayat Of Tat'heer & Continuity Of Lineage Of Prophet Muhammed.

Before dealing with the verse of purity {i.e. tat'heer}, I would place the verse of Tat'heer in context which is neglected, and its implications ignored by the Ulamah. This part of article will be devided into two parts, the first part will lay the foundations for the part two, and part two will conclude the explaination in context of part one.

Part One:

Our beloved Messenger {sallalahu alayhi was'salam} was the last, finale, Prophet, and Rasool of Allah {subhana wa tallah}, therefore Allah {subhana wa tallah} did not bestow a son to Messenger of Allah {sallalahu alayhi was'salam}. Arabs of Jahiliyah took pride in their wealth, and amount of sons they had, so they the kuffar of Madinah as well as hypocrites, used this as an excuse to jibe our beloved Messenger of Allah {sallalahu alayhi was'salam}, and taunted him, saying that he will be forgotten because he does not have sons to carry on his lineage. Allah {subhana wa tallah} makes the profile of person {i.e. As Ibn Wa'il al Sahmi} who insulted Messenger of Allah {sallalahu alayhi was'salam}:

* Surah Al Qalam {68} Verse 10: Heed not the type of despicable men,- ready with oaths, {11} A slanderer, going about with calumnies, {12} (Habitually) hindering (all) good, transgressing beyond bounds, deep in sin, {13} Violent (and cruel),- with all that, base-born,- {14} Because he possesses wealth and (numerous) sons. {15} When to him are rehearsed Our Signs, "Tales of the ancients", he cries! {16} Soon shall We brand (the beast) on the snout!

Allah {subhana wa tallah} revealed about him:

* Surah Al Kausar {108} Verse 3: For he who hateth thee, he will be cut off (from Future Hope).

The Mufassireen have made clear why the verse was revealed about him:

- Tafsir Ibn Abbas: (Lo! It is thy insulter) the one who despises you ([and not thou] who is without posterity) he will be without family, children, wealth or any goodness; he will not be mentioned after his death, i.e. al-'As Ibn Wa'il al-Sahmi, while you will be mentioned with every good. This is because, when his son 'Abdullah died, they said: Muhammad (pbuh) is without posterity”

- Tafsir Al Jalalayn: Indeed it is your antagonist, your hater, who is the severed one, refraining from all [acts of] good, or the one whose line of offspring will be severed [by his not having any]: this was revealed regarding al-‘Āsī b. Wā’il, who called the Prophet (s) al-abtar, ‘the severed one’, when his son al-Qāsim died.

The posterity of A's Ibn Al Wa'il was to be cut off, because he said Prophet of Allah {subhana wa tallah} was al abtar {i.e. man without posterity; male child to continue his lineage, name}, and the posterity, lineage, name of Prophet Muhammed {sallalahu alayhi was'salam} was to continue:

* Surah Al Kausar {108} Verse 1: “To thee have We granted the kausar (of Abundance).”

Kausar, is interpreted to mean Fount in paradise from which Messenger of Allah {sallalahu alayhi was'salam} will give the Ummati's to drink, and in the context of verse three al kausar also means children. Messenger of Allah {sallalahu alayhi was'salam} is father of his Ummah because his wives are our mothers:

Surah Al Ahzab {33} Verse 6: The Prophet is closer to the Believers than their own selves, and his wives are their mothers. Blood-relations among each other have closer personal ties, in the Decree of Allah. Than (the brotherhood of) Believers and Muhajirs: nevertheless do ye what is just to your closest friends: such is the writing in the Decree (of Allah.

We the Muslims are brothers and sisters in Ummah of RasoolAllah {sallalahu alayhi was'salam} because the blessed wives of our beloved Prophet {sallalahu alayhi was'salam} are our mothers. And due to the abundant of Ummati's the Messenger of Allah {sallalahu alayhi was'salam} is not al abtar {i.e. without posterity} but he is the father of entire Ummah, who is remembered by his Ummati-Children day and night, loved by his fallowers, and the momineen love him more then their own blood parents, children, wealth, etc.

Part Two:

The daughter when she gets married, the children she bares are connected to the nasb {i.e. lineage} of the father and not mother. Therefore our beloved Messenger {sallalahu alayhi was'salam} used Allah's {subhana wa tallah} given authority to initiate the people of cloak into his ahli bayt {i.e. people of house}. The posterity, the lineage, of Prophet Muhammed {sallalahu alayhi was'salam} was to be continued through Hazrat Fatimah {radiallah tallah anha} the daughter of Prophet of Allah {sallalahu alayhi was'salam}, Hazrat Ali {radiallah tallah anh}, and more specificly Imam Hassan {radiallah tallah anh}, and Imam Hussain {radiallah tallah anh}. In this context Allah {subhana wa tallah} states:

Surah Al Ahzab {33} Verse 33: And Allah only wishes to remove all abomination from you, ye members of the family and to make you pure and spotless.

So the initiation of people of the cloak into the people of house of Prophet Muhammed {sallalahu alayhi was'salam} was for the purpose of continuity of lineage, posterity, of Prophet Muhammed {sallalahu alayhi was'salam} as well as the obvious reason of purification. And Messenger of Allah {sallalahu alayhi was'salam} demonstrated how he saw Hazrat Ali's family, when the verse of mubailah was revealed:

Surah Aale Imran {3} Verse 61: But whoever disputes with you in this matter after what has come to you of knowledge, then say: Come let us call our sons and your sons and our women and your women and our souls and your souls, then let us be earnest in prayer, and pray for the curse of Allah on the liars.

Messenger of Allah {sallalahu alayhi was'salam} took Hazrat; Ali, Fatimah, Hassan, and Hussain {radiallah tallah anhuma ajma'een} to the mubailah. Hazrat; Ali, Hassan, Hussain {radiallah tallah anhuma ajma'een} were taken by RasoolAllah {sallalahu alayhi was'salam} as his sons. Son continues the lineage of the father, but in this case of Prophet Muhammed {sallalahu alayhi was'salam} exception to the common rule was made by Allah {subhana wa tallah}. The initiation of family of Hazrat Ali {radiallah tallah anh} as family of Prophet Muhammed was for the purpose of continouity of lineage, posterity of Prophet Muhammed {sallalahu alayhi was'salam} to continue via his daughter Hazrat Fatima {radiallah tallah anha} and her sons, Hazrat Hassan, Hussain {radiallah tallah anhuma ajma'een}. And to give Messenger of Allah {sallalahu alayhi was'salam} abundance of children in his Ummat, as well as continuity of lineage of Prophet Muhammed {sallalahu alayhi was'salam} via Hazrat Fatimah {radiallah tallah anha}: “To thee have We granted the kausar (of Abundance).

Conclusion:

Ayat Of Tat'heer: “Allah wishes only to remove Ar-Rijs from you, O members of the family, and to purify you with a thorough purification.“ was revealed for wives of RasoolAllah (sallalahu alayhi was'salam) as well as the family of Hazrat Ali {radiallah tallah anh}. Apart from these members of Ahli Bayt of RasoolAllah (sallalahu alayhi was'salam) Hadhrat Aqil (radiallah ta'ala anh), Hadhrat Ja'far (radiallah ta'ala anh), beloved Prophet's (sallalahu alayhi was'salam) uncle Hadhrat Abbas (radiallah ta'ala anh) are also part of Ahli Bayt.

The uniqueness of Hadhrat Ali (
radiallah 'tala anh), and his family being part of Ahli Bayt of Prophet (sallalahu alayhi was'salam) is; Prophet Muhammed {sallalahu alayhi was'salam} purified them to a higher level because his lineage, posterity was to be contiued from Hadhrat Fatimah (radiallah ta'ala anha) and through Imam Hassan (radiallah ta'ala anh), Imam Hussain (radiallah ta'ala anh).

Wama Alayna Ilal Balaghul Mubeen.
Muhammed Ali Razvi

بحث میں حصہ لیں

آپ ابھی پوسٹ کرکے بعد میں رجسٹر ہوسکتے ہیں۔ اگر آپ پہلے سے رجسٹرڈ ہیں تو سائن اِن کریں اور اپنے اکاؤنٹ سے پوسٹ کریں۔
نوٹ: آپ کی پوسٹ ناظم کی اجازت کے بعد نظر آئے گی۔

اس ٹاپک پر جواب دیں

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• حالیہ دیکھنے والے   0 اراکین

• کوئی رجسٹرڈ رُکن اس صفحے کو نہیں دیکھ رہا