Prophet Muhammad Is End Of Prophets And After Him There Is No Prophet, Or Messenger.

MuhammedAli

تجویز کردہ جواب

Prophet Muhammad Is End Of Prophets And After Him There Is No Prophet, Or Messenger.

Introduction:

Islam teaches Prophet Muhammad (sallallahu alayhi wa aalihi was’sallam) has been sent as last/final Prophet. After him there is no Prophet, nor a Messenger. Except thirty liars and impostors claiming to be Prophets in Ummah of RasoolAllah (sallallahu alayhi wa aalihi wa’sallam). This article will establish this Islamic teaching from evidence of prophetic traidtions.

Prophet Muhammad is Khaatam al-Nabiyeen:

Prophet (sallallahu alayhi wa aalihi was’sallam) is Khaatam al-Nabiyeen. Linguistically Khaatam means ring, seal, and last and final. Prophet (sallallahu alayhi wa aalihi was’sallam) explained in which meaning Khaatam has been employed: "The Hour shall not be established until tribes of my Ummah unite with the idolaters, and until they worship idols. And indeed there shall be thirty imposters in my Ummah,each of them claiming that he is a Prophet. And I am the end of Prophets, there is no Prophet after me." [Ref: Tirmadhi, B7, H2219] He is reported to have said there will be thirty [minor] Dajjals claiming to be Prophets in his Ummah. He then said, I am Khaatam al-Nabiyeen, I am end of Prophets, and further defined in what meaning he employed Khaatam al-Nabiyeen by saying; there is no Prophet after me. In another Hadith Prophet (sallallahu alayhi wa aalihi was’sallam) employed example of a beautifully constructed house which is missing a brick. He then said I am that last missing brick which completes the construction of the house: “The similitude of mine and that of the Apostles before me is that of a person who built a house quite imposing and beautiful, but for one brick in one of its corners. People would go round it, appreciating the building, but saying: Why has the brick not been fixed here? He said: I am that brick and I am the end of Prophets.” [Ref: Muslim, B30, H5675] In this example Prophet (sallallahu alayhi wa aalihi was’sallam) established he is the missing brick in house of Islam and his sending completed the house. And he then said I am Khaatam al-Nabiyeen to indicate Khaatam al-Nabiyeen is in meaning of last/end of Prophets. In another Hadith it is recorded that people of previous Ummats will visit Prophets for intercession. Hadith records that these followers would go to Prophet Nuh (alayhis salam), to Prophet Ibrahim (alayhis salam), to Prophet Musa (alayhis salam), to Prophet Isa (alayhis salam), and then finally to Prophet Muhammad (sallallahu alayhi wa aalihi was’sallam). And say: O Prophet (sallallahu alayhi wa aalihi was’sallam) you’re Khaatam ul-Ambiya, Allah’s end of the Prophets, you intercede for us: "… Jesus will not mention any sin, but will say: 'Myself! Myself! Myself! Go to someone else; go to Muhammad.' So they will come to me and say: 'O Muhammad ! You are Allah's Apostle and the last of the prophets. And (Allah said about you): "So that Allah may forgive the sins of your past (Ummats), as well as your Ummats, and Ummatis of future through you ..." (48:2), intercede for us with your Lord. Don't you see in what state we are?" [Ref: Bukhari, B60, H236] Please note this quotation is only a small portion from a extensive Hadith, click on
here
to read the full Hadith. If there was another Prophet after Prophet (sallallahu alayhi wa aalihi was’sallam) they would have been told to visit him and seek his intercession. And the fact that Prophet (sallallahu alayhi wa aalihi was’sallam) interceded and he did not direct them to another Prophet after him is proof the Ummatis of earlier Prophets would employ Khaatam ul-Ambiyah in meaning of end of Prophets.

Nothing Of Prophet-hood Remains Only True Dreams:

Prophet (sallallahu alayhi wa aalihi was’sallam) has been reported to have said: “‘Nothing is left of the prophet-hood except Al-Mubashshirat.’ They asked: ‘What are Al-Mubashshirat?’ He replied: ‘The true good dreams (that conveys glad tidings).’” [Ref: Bukhari, B87, H119] Suppose there is a garden of flowers where every flower is composed of Prophet-hood. A flower is given to every Prophet sent to guide their nations. There remains nothing of flowers of Prophet-hood. Prophet Muhammad (sallallahu alayhi wa aalihi was’sallam) is sent with the last flower of Prophet-hood effectively making him last/final Prophet.

Prophet Muhammad Is al-Muqaffi And al-Aqib:

Prophet (sallallahu alayhi wa aalihi was’sallam) is Muqaffi: "… Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) mentioned many names of his and said: I am Muhammad, Ahmad, Muqaffi, Hashir, the Prophet of repentance, and the Prophet of Mercy." [Ref: Muslim, B30, H5813] It means one who is last in succession. In another Hadith Prophet (sallallahu alayhi wa aalihi was’sallam) said: "I heard Allah's Apostle saying, 'I have several names: I am Muhammad and I am Ahmad, and I am Al-Mahi with whom Allah obliterates Kufr (disbelief), and I am Al-Hashir (gatherer) at whose feet the people will be gathered, and I am Al-Aqib." [Ref: Bukhari, B60, H419] Imam al-Zuhri explained what al-Aqib means: "This hadith has been transmitted on the authority of Ma'mar (and the words are): I said to Zuhri: What does (the word) al-'Aqib imply? He said: One after whom there is no Prophet, and in the hadith transmitted on the authority of Ma'mar and 'Uqail there is a slight variation of wording." [Ref: Muslim, B30, H5812] In another Hadith it is recorded Prophet (sallallahu alayhi wa aalihi was’sallam) explained meaning of al-Aqib by saying: " I am Muhammad and I am ahmad, and I am al-Mahi (the obliterator) by whom unbelief would be obliterated, and I am Hashir (the gatherer) at whose feet mankind will be gathered, and I am al-Aqib (the last) after whom there will be no Prophet." [Ref: Muslim, B30, H5810]

Prophet Sent To Entire Mankind And He Is Last Prophet:

Prophets were sent a nation at a time but Prophet Muhammad (sallallahu alayhi wa aalihi was’sallam) has been sent as a Prophet to entire mankind and of all ages: "…  therefore anyone of my followers can pray wherever the time of a prayer is due. 3. The booty has been made Halal (lawful) for me yet it was not lawful for anyone else before me. 4. I have been given the right of intercession (on the Day of Resurrection). 5. Every Prophet used to be sent to his nation only but I have been sent to all mankind.” [Ref: Bukhari, B7, H331] If he was sent as a Prophet for Arabs and not to mankind then all other then Arabs would have argument: No Prophet came to us. Therefore Prophet Muhammad’s (sallallahu alayhi wa aalihi was’sallam) universalism implies end of all Prophets. Prophet (sallallahu alayhi wa aalihi was’sallam) also made the same statement with addition of; line of Prophets is closed with me: "… I have been helped by terror (in the hearts of enemies): spoils have been made lawful to me: the earth has been made for me clean and a place of worship; I have been sent to all mankind and the line of prophets is closed with me." [Ref: Muslim, B4, H1062]

Bani Israel Ruled And Guided By Prophets, No Prophets After Me:

Prophet (sallallahu alayhi wa aalihi was’sallam) said before him the Bani Israel were ruled by Prophets but after him there will be no Prophet but only increasing number of Khulafah: "... Prophet said: ‘The Israelis used to be ruled and guided by prophets: Whenever a prophet died, another would take over his place. There will be no prophet after me, but there will be caliphs who will increase in number.’ The people asked: ‘O Allah's Apostle! What do you order us (to do)?’ He said ..." [Ref: Bukhari, B56, H661] Prophet (sallallahu alayhi wa aalihi was’sallam) basicly informed us that Khulafah of Prophets of Bani Israel were Prophets. Prophet (sallallahu alayhi wa aalihi was’sallam) is last Prophet and no Prophet as Khalifah would succeed him but only non-Prophet Khulafah will succeed him.

Prophet Muhammad Last Prophet And His Nation Last Nation:

Prophet (sallallahu alayhi wa aalihi was’sallam) is reported to have said:
“It was narrated from Ibn Abbas that the Prophet said: “We are the last of [nation from] the nations, and the first to be brought to account. It will be said: ‘Where is the unlettered nation and its Prophet?’ So we are the last and the first.” [Ref: Ibn Majah, B7, H4290] Ummah of RasoolAllah (sallallahu alayhi wa aalihi was’sallam) being last nation logically denotes Prophet Muhammad (sallallahu alayhi wa aalihi was’sallam) is last Prophet. This deduction is explicitly stated in another Hadith: “Allah has not sent any Prophet but he warned his nation about Dajjal. I am the last of the Prophets, and you are the last of the nations. He will undoubtedly appear among you. If he appears while I am among you, I will contend with him on behalf of every Muslim, and if he appears while I am not among you, then each man must fend for himself and Allah will take care of every Muslim on my behalf.” [Ref: Ibn majah, B36, H4077]

Prophet Muhammad Last Prophet, And Masjid Nabvi Last Masjid:

Prophet (sallallahu alayhi wa aalihi was’sallam) said he is last Prophet and Masjib Nabvi is last Masjid: "Abu Huraira (Allah be pleased with him) reported: Prayer in the mosque of Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) is more excellent than a thousand prayers in other mosques except the Masjid al-Haram, for Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) is the last of the Apostles, and his mosque is the last of the mosques. Abu Salama and Abu Abdullah (two of the narrators in this chain of narrations said: We had no doubt that what Abu Haraira (Allah be pleased with him) had said was from Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) ..." [Ref: Muslim, B7, H3211] Last of mosques means, last mosque to be associated with a Prophet. And this is confirmed by another Hadith: “Holy Prophet said: I am the last of the Prophets and my mosque is the last of the mosque [from mosques] of the prophets.’" - [Kanz al-Ummal, V12, P270, H34999]

Prophet Muhammad Last Prophet And If There Was Prophet Statements:

It is recorded in Hadith that son of Prophet (sallallahu alayhi wa aalihi was’sallam) would have been a Prophet if there was to be a Prophet after Prophet (sallallahu alayhi wa aalihi was’sallam) but there is no Prophet after him: "Narrated Isma'il: I asked Abi Aufa, "Did you see Ibrahim, the son of the Prophet ?" He said, "Yes, but he died in his early childhood. Had there been a Prophet after Muhammad then his son would have lived, but there is no Prophet after him." [Ref: Bukhari, B73, H214] Another Hadith records similar conditional statement about Umar (radiallah ta’ala anhu): “Narrated Uqbah bin Amir: That the Messenger of Allah said: ‘If there was to have a Prophet after me, it would have been Umar bin Al-Khattab.’" [Ref: Tirmadhi, B46, H3686] Absence of verse of Khaatamiyyah and prophetic explanation of it would have paved the way for Ibrahim (radiallah ta’ala anhu) and Umar (radiallah ta’ala anhu) to be Prophets.

Prophet Muhammad Last Brick Completing Beautiful Mansion:

Prophet (sallallahu alayhi wa aalihi was’sallam) is reported to have said:

"The similitude of mine and that of the Apostles (before me) is that of a person who constructed a building and he built it fine and well and the people went round it saying: Never have we seen a building more imposing than this, but for [this] one [missing] brick, and I am that brick (completing the construction of beautiful building)." [Ref: Muslim, B30, H5673] In other words Prophet (sallallahu alayhi wa aalihi was’sallam) was the last missing piece needed to complete/perfect the mansion of Islam. This understanding is supported by another Hadith: "My similitude in comparison with the other prophets before me, is that of a man who has built a house nicely and beautifully, except for a place of one brick in a corner. The people go about it and wonder at its beauty, but say: 'Would that this brick be put in its place!' So I am that brick, and I am the end of the Prophets." [Ref: Bukhari, B56, H735]

Ali As Helper Like Haroon, And Prophet Muhammad The Last Prophet:

Prophet (sallallahu alayhi wa aalihi was’sallam) was leading army for battle of Tabuk. He left Ali (radiallah ta’ala anhu) as incharge of affairs in his absence. Ali (radiallah ta’ala anhu) noted he is being left with women and children. Being a worrior he mentioned this to Prophet (sallallahu alayhi wa aalihi was’sallam) that he is being left with women and children. Prophet (sallallahu alayhi wa aalihi was’sallam) enquired from him; will you not be pleased the fact you’re like Haroon (alayhis salam) was to Prophet Musa (alayhis salam) but there will be no Prophet after me: "... appointing Ali as his deputy (in Medina). 'Ali said: "Do you want to leave me with the children and women?" The Prophet said, "Will you not be pleased that you will be to me like Harun to Moses? But there will be no prophet after me." [Ref: Bukhari, B59, H700] In other words, you’re being left as a guardian over the women/children like Prophet Musa (alayhis salam) left Prophet Haroon (alayhis salam) as guardian over Bani Israel. And guardian left by Prophet Musa (alayhis salam) was a Prophet but you’re not a Prophet.

Many Liars And Impostors Claiming To Be Prophets/Messengers:

It is recorded in Hadith that Prophet (sallallahu alayhi wa aalihi was’sallam) said: "I heard Allah's Messenger as saying: Before the Last Hour there would be many liars, and there is an addition in the badith transmitted on the authority of Abu Ahwas of these words: ‘I said to him: Did you hear it from Allah's Messenger?’ He said: ‘Yes.’" [Ref: Muslim, B41, H6986] In another Hadith al-Kadhabs is replaced with [minor] Dajjals: "The Last Hour will not come before there come forth thirty liar Dajjals (i.e. impostors) lying on Allah and His Apostle." [Ref: Dawood, B37, H4320] These Liars, Impostors are claimants of Prophet-hood: "The Last Hour would not come until there would arise about thirty impostors, liars, and each one of them would claim that he is a messenger of Allah." [Ref: Muslim, B41, H6988] Similar is recorded in another Hadith but with addition of, I am Khaatam of Prophets, after hom there will be no Prophet: “… and the Last Hour will not ocme before the tribes of my people attach them selves to the polytheists, and tribes of my people worship idols. There will be among my people thirty great liars each of them asserting that he is Prophet, where as I am the Seal of the Prophets after whom there will be no Prophet; and a section of my Ummah will continue to hold to the truth …” [Ref: Abu Dawood, B37, H4239]

Conclusion:

Word Khaatam in Khaatam al-Nabiyeen has been employed in meaning of last/end. Prophet (sallallahu alayhi wa aalihi was’sallam) gave many examples through which he established this meaning consistently. He clearly stated there will be no Prophet, or Messenger after him. And warned there will be thirty liars and impostors from his Ummah who will claim to be Prophets but there is no Prophet after him.

Wama alayna ilal balalghul mubeen.
Muhammed Ali Razavi.

بحث میں حصہ لیں

آپ ابھی پوسٹ کرکے بعد میں رجسٹر ہوسکتے ہیں۔ اگر آپ پہلے سے رجسٹرڈ ہیں تو سائن اِن کریں اور اپنے اکاؤنٹ سے پوسٹ کریں۔
نوٹ: آپ کی پوسٹ ناظم کی اجازت کے بعد نظر آئے گی۔

اس ٹاپک پر جواب دیں

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• حالیہ دیکھنے والے   0 اراکین

• کوئی رجسٹرڈ رُکن اس صفحے کو نہیں دیکھ رہا