Responding To An Email: We Do Not Believe Most Muslims Are Polytheists.

MuhammedAli

تجویز کردہ جواب

Introduction:

Recently I have made available online personal story of, how I was misguided and how Allah (subhanahu wa ta’ala) guided to orthodox Islam, here. In section eleven I stated Shaykh Muhammad bin Abdul Wahhab believed majority of Muslims are polytheists. An admirer of Shaykh and follower of his brand of Kharijism contacted me and stated Shaykh did not believe most of Muslims are Mushrikeen, but believed some Muslims are polytheists. The admirer of Shaykh said, his understanding was; if so and so belief is held, or so and so action was performed, by an individual then according to their belief one would be guilty of major Shirk. Instead of responding to his Email he was invited to Yahoo Messenger for a little discussion. There I presented my position; according to teaching of Khariji cheif, most Muslims are polytheists. Al-hamdu lillah he realised the point and evidence behind it. Promised me, he will investigate and get back to me. I judged the evidence employed to establish my understanding was important and should be made public so others can benefit.

The Issue Of Disagreement And My Position:

The active proponents of Kharijism know the half truth regarding their teaching; some Muslims are guilty of major Shirk if they affirm x, y, or z polytheistic beleifs. This half truth makes them believe only a minority amongst Muslims is guilty of major Shirk. Cautious Khariji - says: We will not deem them Mushrik until correct understanding of Tawheed and Shirk has been presented to Mushrik-Muslims. There is another Khariji breed – reckless Khariji – who believes, Muslims are polytheist if they affirm such beliefs, even if they have not been presented true teaching of Tawheed. Both types of Khawarij are in agreement; Shirk has occurred but they differ on application of principle of Takfir. After much thinking and research over the evidence used by Shaykh Muhammad bin Abdul Wahhab and the types of beliefs he deemed major Shirk I came to conclusion Shaykh of Najd would deem majority of Muslims as polytheists.

The Objective To Be Established:

Khawarij do not believe as they claim; SOME Muslims can be polytheists if they affirm x, y, or z beliefs, nor they believe;  SOME Muslims are polytheists. Evidence employed by Khawarij indicates, MOST of Muslims are polytheists and their major scholars have stated, and it can be deduced from their writings; they believe most of Muslims are/were Mushrikeen

The Foundation Of Charge Against Shaykh Of Najd:

Verse in question is part of Hadith narrated by Ibn Abi Hatim: “Ibn Abi Hatim reported about Hudhaifah (radiallah ta’ala anhu): He saw a man with piece of twine on his hand (as protection or cure from fever) so he cut the twine and read the verse: “Most of them believe in Allah and still practise Shirk (polytheism).” [Ref: Kitab at-Tawheed, Chapter 7, published by: Darussalam in year 1996, First Edition, page 44] On the following page (p45), Shaykh Muhammad bin Abdul Wahhab acknowledges the verse was revealed about major Shirk. He has indirectly admitted the verse was revealed for polytheist opponents of Prophet (sallallahu alayhi wa aalihi was’sallam) by saying this. He considers it permissible for a verse revealed with regards to polytheists, and in context of major Shirk, to be applied upon Muslims on a matter which according to Shaykh is an issue of minor Shirk: “Hudhaifah’s reciting the verse of Quran is a clear-cut proof that companions used to recite the verses dealing with the major shirk to condemn minor Shirk. As Ibn Abbas (radiallah ta’ala anhu) did by reciting the verse from Surah Al-Baqarah (2:165).”

Clarifying The Issue Of Hadith And Refutation Of His Positions:

First of all, the Hadith of Ibn Abi Hatim is disconnected (i.e. Munqati’). Meaning there is break in chain of transmission, hence the Hadith is classed as Da’if (i.e. weak), and it cannot be proof of any valid Islamic understanding. A authentic Hadith states: “... and the Mulhidun (heretical) after the establishment of firm proof against them:"And the statement of Allah: 'Allah will not mislead a people after He has guided them, until He makes clear to them what to avoid.' And Ibn Umar used to consider them (the Khawarij and the Mulhidun) the worst of Allah's creatures and said: "These people took some verses that had been revealed concerning the disbelievers and interpreted them as describing the believers.” [Ref: Bukhari, V9, P49, Chap6: Killing The Khawarij] This Hadith establishes, a verse revealed for Mushrikeen applied upon Muslims, is trait of Khawarij, and they are worst creatures in creation of Allah (subhanahu wa ta’ala). Secondly, with regards to reciting of chapter 2 verse 165: And [yet], among the people are those who take other than Allah as equals [to Him]. They love them as they [should] love Allah . But those who believe are stronger in love for Allah . And if only they who have wronged would consider [that] when they see the punishment, [they will be certain] that all power belongs to Allah and that Allah is severe in punishment.” [Ref: 2:165] According to Hadhrat Ibn Abbas (radiallah ta’ala anhu) the verse was revealed in context of polytheists; that they loved their idols like they should have loved Allah (subhanahu wa ta’ala). In light of first interpretation it is evident the verse was revealed regarding major Shirk. And second interpretation he has given is, that hypocrites loved their gold/silver as they should have loved Allah (subhanahu wa ta’ala). Third interpretation is, the polytheists took their leaders as gods beside Allah (subhanahu wa ta’ala). The first interpretation is established from the text of Quran and the second interpretation is has no basis in Quran or Hadith. Third interpretation is similar to how Quran states Jews took their Rabbi’s as Lords beside Allah (subhanahu wa ta’ala). First and third are established for disbelievers and second is without valid basis or chain of transmission which can establish its attribution to Hadhrat Ibn Abbas (radiallah ta’ala anhu). And absence of chain of transmission is enough to establish its weakness and invalidity, and therefore it cannot be used for valid understanding. Fourthly, if one was to disregard the issue of chain of transmission and lack of evidence which establishes its validity and just judges based on the text even then it contradicts established Hadith of Sahih Bukhari, according to which applying upon the Muslims the verses of Quran revealed for polytheists, is characteristic of worst creatures in creation of Allah (subhanahu wa ta’ala) - Khawarij. Lastly, even though Shaykh has used a weak Hadith to establish that a verse revealed for major Shirk can be utilized for minor Shirk. The fact is Shaykh also believes verses revealed in context of beliefs and actions of polytheists can be applied upon Muslims and I present Kitab at-Tawheed [and everything else he has written] as an evidence of his this methodology.

Book Kitab At-Tawheed VS Real Belief:

Shaykh Muhammad bin Abdul Wahhab titled chapter 23, “Some People Of This Ummah Will Worship Idols.” This was presented as proof that Shaykh did not consider the majority of Muslims are polytheists. Maybe earlier in life the Shaykh held to this understanding but when his other writtings are considered it becomes obvious he considered himself and only those who followed him as Muslims. Shaykh Muhammad bin Abdul Wahhab wrote in his first principle of Qawaid Al Arba; polytheists believed in Allah (subhanahu wa ta’ala) and despite they were not Muslims. In principle four he stated, polytheists of his era are worse polytheists in comparision to Prophetic era polytheists. Alhasil he considered the Muslims of his era worse in polytheism then actual disbelievers of Prophetic era. This establishes, he believes the following part of verse applies to Muslims: "And most of them [Muslims] believe not in Allah except while they associate others with Him." I have crossed out MOST because it is yet to be established and inserted MUSLIMS because Shaykh believes Muslims of his time are worst type of polytheists. Please read the following carefully because this will establish the MOST part of the verse: “And I inform you about myself – I swear by Allah whom there is none worthy to worship except Him – I have sought knowledge and those who knew me believed that I had knowledge while I did not know the meaning of, there is no Deity worthy of worship except Allah, at that time and did not know the religion of Islam before this grace that Allah favored. As well as my shaikhs (teachers) no one among them knew that. And if someone from the scholars of al-Arid (i.e. the lands of Najd and surrounding areas) claims that he knew the meaning of, there is no Deity worthy of worship except Allah, or knew the meaning of Islam before this time, or claims on behalf of his teachers that someone from them knew that, then he has lied and said falsehood and deceived people and praised himself with something he does not possess.“ [Ref: Ar-Rasa`il ash-Shakhsiyyah] His claim none beside him knew meaning of, there is no Deity worthy of worship except Allah (subhanahu wa ta’ala) except him. How can those Muslims living in his time and those before him be Muslims if they did not know meaning of, there is no Deity worthy of worship excet Allah, and if they did not know what the religion of Islam is? Note in his understanding Islam is, Tawheed. They cannot be Muslim and he did not believe they were Muslim. I present my argument that, even though in chapter 7, page 44, he used the verse in context of minor Shirk but he also did believe it is applicable on issues of major Shirk of which he accused Muslim Ummah. Implication of which would be; Shaykh believed, MOST Muslims have not believed in Allah (subhanahu wa ta’ala) except with Shirk. This is strenthened when one considers, Shaykh believed he was the sole Muwahid [and subsequently those who followed his teachings were monotheists] because none knew meaning of Kalima, there is no Deity worthy of worship except Allah. This naturally implies Shaykh believed all Muslims apart from him and his followers were polytheists. Through deduction it has been established Shaykh actually believed that MOST of the Muslims are Mushrikeen. This reveals Shaykh even though directly did not employ the following verse as an evidence of major Shirk in Ummah he did believe in its implications: "And most of them believe not in Allah except while they associate others with Him." [Ref: 12:106] Also considering Shaykh’s methodology of, applying verses with indicate major polytheism in belief of polytheists and applying it for minor ‘polytheism’ of Muslims. And Shaykh applying verses which indicate major Shirk of polytheists as if they were about beliefs and actions of Muslims, all add to establish; Shaykh would employ the verse 12:106 in context of Muslims as proof that most Muslims do not believe in Tawheed [except ‘Tawheed’ believed by polytheists].

Shah Ismail Dehalvi Reflecting The Darkness Of Shaykh Of Najd:

Maulvi Shah Ismail Dehalvi learnt Wahhabism during his Hajj pilgrimage. When he returned he penned his Wahhabism and teaching of Shaykh Muhammad bin Abdul Wahhab in his own words and published them as Taqwiyatul Iman. Anyone who has had oppurtunity of reading Shaykh Muhammad bin Abdul Wahhab and Maulvi Shah Ismail Dehalvi will be struck by extra-ordinary similarity of thought and content in their books. Due to extra ordinary agreement between the teaching of these two Shaykhs of Khawarij, the epic centre in propogation of Kharijism - Darussalam Publishers have published Taqwiyatul Iman. This indicates there is absolute agreement between the teaching of Shaykh Muhammad bin Abdul Wahhab and teaching of Maulvi Shah Ismail Dehalvi. Maulvi Shah Ismail Dehalvi writes: “First one should listen to is; a lot of Shirk is spreading amongsts people and actual Tawheed is rare. Yet most people do not understand the meaning of Tawheed and Shirk and claim to have Eman (i.e. faith) but in reality are caught in Shirk. So firstly meaning of Tawheed and Shirk should be understood so good and bad from perspective of Quran and Hadith can be known. One should listen, that most people in time of their hardship call upon Pirs and Prophets, Imams and matyrs, angels and fairies, and seek from them their desired, and vows for them, and for fullfilment of their needs give Nazr and Niaz, and for the dispelling of evil attributes their sons to them. One (from amongst polytheistic masses) names his son Abdul Nabi, one Ali Baksh, one Hussain Baksh, one Peer Baksh, one Madar Baksh, one Salar Baksh, one Ghulam Mohy Al-Din, one Ghulam Mohayn Al-Din, and to ensure their survival (of their sons) one keeps hair-lock in name of so, and one wears bracelet/neclace, one dresses up in particular clothes, one puts a chain (around the wrist), one dedicates an animal for someone, one invokes in time of difficulty, one takes an oath (of by name of human) in discussions, conclusion – all that which the Hindus enact for their idols so do these masquerading Muslims enact for saints, Prophets, leaders (i.e. Imams), Matyrs, angels and fairies. And yet continue to claim to be Muslims, subhan-Allah, (from) this mouth, and such a claim (of being Muslim), honourable Allah truthfully said in chapter Yusuf: "And most of them believe not in Allah except while they associate others with Him." [Ref: 12:106] Then if there was someone to explain to them and says to them, you claim to have Eman and engage in actions of Shirk, so why do you combine these two paths (of Tawheed and Shirk)? They respond to him, we do not committ Shirk …” [Ref: Taqwiyatul Iman, Chapter (1) Explanation Of Tawheed And Shirk, Page 8/9, Rendered to English by Muhammed Ali Razavi] Please note, Maulvi Shah Ismail Dehalvi has employed the verse which Shaykh Muhammad bin Abdul Wahhab used. The difference between them - Shaykh Muhammad bin Abdul Wahhab employed it in context of minor Shirk and his Indian prodigy Maulvi Shah Ismail Dehalvi used it in context of major and minor Shirk. Also note; Maulvi Shah Ismail Dehalvi has stated majority of Muslims are not real Muslims because he used the word ‘jhootay Musalman’ which was translated to mean ‘masquerading Muslims’. In the beginning of quoted paragraph he emphatically has stated most Muslims do not understand what Tawheed or Shirk is. Implication of which alone are enough and obvious for anyone with basic knowledge of Islam and ability to reason to figure out what he has accused Muslims of. And one yet has not considered the total number of ‘major/minor’ Shirks he has accused Muslims of engaging in.

This Is Our Belief, By Abu Al Fudayl Nasir Ad-Din An-Nuaymi:

The author writes: “These types [of Shirk] have all become normal and widespread on all places of earth, in countries that ascribe themselves to Islam and other than these. And most of those who say, there is no Deity worthy of worship except Allah and claim [for themselves religion] of Islam, have verily fallen into one of these [types of Shirk].” [Ref: This Is Our Belief, page 20, elucidated by Muhammed Ali Razavi – square brackets] To sum up the words of author, most Muslims are guilty of major Shirk. In the following quote he states most of the Muslims have blurred the clear distinction between Islam – the religion of all Prophets – and polytheistic religions. Implication of which is, the majority of Muslims are upon a religion which is contaminated with polytheism. He goes on to state the reality of the Muslims is that they’re types of disbelievers who have never entered Islam: “And most of those [who] say it [There is no Diety worthy of worship except Allah, Muhammad is Messenger of Allah.] in last centuries have not entered nor known Islam, and they have not distinguished [in practice and in belief]between the religion of Prophets and the religion of the polytheists. They have also not known [Tawheed is] the distinguishing and seperating border between the disbelievers and the Muslims. This kind of person is Kafir-Asli, who has never entered Islam.” [Ref: This Is Our Belief, page 38, elucidated by Muhammed Ali Razavi – square brackets]

Grandson Of Shaykh Of Najd On Reflecting Teaching Of His GrandFather:

Shaykh Abdur Rahman [the son of] Hassan [the son of] Shaykh Muhammad [the son of] Abdul Wahhab, the grandson of Shaykh of Najd wrote a commentary on Kitab at-Tawheed. He wrote the following:

في قرة العيون: فصارت هذه الأصنام بهذا التصوير على صور الصالحين سلما إلى عبادتها. وكل ما عبد من دون الله, من قبر أو مشهد, أو صنم, أو طاغوت، فالأصل في عبادته هو الغلو. كما لا يخفى على ذوي البصائر. كما جرى لأهل مصر وغيرهم؛ فإن أعظم آلهتهم أحمد البدوي، وهو لا يعرف له أصل ولا فضل ولا علم ولا عبادة. ومع هذا فصار أعظم آلهتهم مع أنه لا يعرف إلا أنه دخل المسجد يوم الجمعة فبال فيه ثم خرج ولم يصل. ذكره السخاوي عن أبي حيان. فزين لهم الشيطان عبادته فاعتقدوا أنه يتصرف في الكون، ويطفئ الحريق وينجي الغريق, وصرفوا له الإلهية والربوبية وعلم الغيب, وكانوا يعتقدون أنه يسمعهم ويستجيب لهم من الديار البعيدة. وفيهم من يسجد على عتبة حضرته. وكان أهل العراق ومن حولهم كأهل عمان يعتقدون في عبد القادر الجيلاني; كما يعتقد أهل مصر في البدوي. وعبد القادر من متأخري الحنابلة وله كتاب الغنية, وغيره ممن قبله وبعده من الحنابلة أفضل منه في العلم والزهد, لكن فيه زهد وعبادة, وفتنوا به أعظم فتنة. كما جرى من الرافضة مع أهل البيت. وسبب ذلك الغلو دعوى أن له كرامات، وقد جرت الكرامات لمن هو خير منه وأفضل كبعض الصحابة والتابعين, وهكذا حال أهل الشرك مع من فتنوا به. وأعظم من هذا عبادة أهل الشام لابن عربي، وهو إمام أهل الوحدة الذين هم أكفر أهل الأرض وأكثر من يعتقد فيه هؤلاء لا فضل له ولا دين كأناس بمصر وغيره, وجرى في نجد قبل هذه الدعوة مثل هذا. وفي الحجاز واليمن وغيرها من عبادة الطواغيت والأشجار والأحجار والقبور ما عمت به البلوى, كعبادتهم للجن وطلبهم للشفاعة منهم. والأصل في ذلك الغلو تزيين الشيطان. وذكر أهل السير أن التلبية من عهد إبراهيم - عليه السلام -: "لبيك اللهم لبيك لا شريك لك لبيك"، حتى كان عمرو بن لحي الخزاعي فبينما هو يلبي تمثل له الشيطان في صورة شيخ يلبي معه فقال: "لبيك لا شريك لك"، فقال الشيخ: "إلا شريكا هو لك". فأنكر ذلك عمرو وقال ما هذا؟ فقال الشيخ: "تملكه وما ملك". فإنه لا بأس بهذا. فقالها عمرو. فدانت بها العرب-

[Fath Al Majeed – Sharh Kitab At-Tawheed, Chapter (19) Cause Of Disbelief In Bani Adam And Abandonment Of Religion Is Due To Excessive Veneration Of Pious, page 227]

In this long statement, Shaykh of Khawarij states, people of Egypt are disbelievers because they worship Shaykh Ahmad Al Badawi (rahimullah) people of Iraq are disbelievers for worshiping Shaykh Abdul Qadir Al Jilani (rahimullah), Muslims of Syria are disbelievers because they worship Shaykh Ibn Arabi (rahimullah). He also stated that Muslims of Hijaz and Yemen worshipped, trees, stones, idols, graves and Jinn, and sought their intercession. Please note, he has demonised whole countries and not a minority from these lands of Muslims. In another part of his commentary he wrote the following:

قوله: "إن أخوف ما أخاف عليكم الشرك الأصغر" هذا من شفقته صلي الله عليه وسلم بأمته ورحمته ورأفته بهم، فلا خير إلا دلهم عليه وأمرهم به، ولا شر إلا بينه لهم وأخبرهم به ونهاهم عنه; كما قال صلي الله عليه وسلم فيما صح عنه: " ما بعث الله من نبي إلا كان حقا عليه أن يدل أمته على خير ما يعلمه لهم - الحديث  ". فإذا كان الشرك الأصغر مخوفا على أصحاب رسول الله صلي الله عليه وسلم مع كمال علمهم وقوة إيمانهم، فكيف لا يخافه وما فوقه من هو دونهم في العلم والإيمان بمراتب؟ خصوصا إذا عرف أن أكثر علماء الأمصار اليوم لا يعرفون من التوحيد إلا ما أقر به المشركون، وما عرفوا معنى الإلهية التي نفتها كلمة الإخلاص عن كل ما سوى الله-

[Fath Al Majeed – Sharh Kitab At-Tawheed, Chapter (4) Fear Of Shirk, page 76]

Underlined has been translated: "Specially if it is known that today the majority of scholars from different (muslim) countries do not know from tawhid except what mushriks (of Makkah) approved and they did not know the meaning of "al-ilahiyya" that "kalimatul-ikhlas" denied its attribution to anything other than Allah.” ‘Tawheed’ approved by Mushrikeen of Makkah according to chief of Khawarij and his followers was ‘Tawheed Al Rububiyyah’. Knowledge of correct understanding of Tawheed is pre-requisite for imparting true teaching of Tawheed to others. Implications of his allegations are serious, if the majority scholarship of Muslim world did not know and do not know true Tawheed then whatever these Muslim scholars taught to [the majority of] Muslims cannot be true teaching of Tawheed. Hence according to understanding of Shaykh Abdur Rahman, like the majority of Muslim scholarship, the majority of Muslim laymen were ignorant of true understanding of Tawheed, and they only know ‘Tawheed’ which was known to polytheists of Arabia. Note that Shaykh Muhammad Ibn Abdul Wahhab having faith in ‘Tawheed’ of Mushrikeen of Makkah isn’t enough to be from Muslims: That you know the Kuffaar who the Messenger fought used to affirm that Allah Ta’aala, was the Creator and the Disposer of all the affairs (i.e. Tawheed Al Rububiyyah) but that didn’t enter them into Islam and the proof is the saying of the Most High: ”Say: Who provides for you from the sky and from the earth? Or who owns hearing and sight? And Who brings out the living from the dead and brings out the dead from the living? They will say: “Allah”. Say: Will you not then be afraid of Allah’s punishment (i.e.-for setting up partners with Allah)?” [Ref: Qawaid Al Arba, 1st Principle, by Muhammad Ibn Abdul Wahhab] Alhasil – according to Shaykh Abdur Rahman Ibn Hassan the grandson of Shaykh Muhammad Ibn Abdul Wahhab most of Muslim scholars [and consequently those who learnt from these scholars - most of laymen] were/are polytheists. Finally, Shaykh of Khawarij wrote polytheists believed in Tawheed [of Lordship]. This belief and statement of his is a lie, and a distortion of Quranic teaching, and clear Kufr to those who know Islam.

What Is Established So Far:

It has been established the Khawarij employ the following verse to deem the majority of Muslims as Mushrikeen: "And most of them believe not in Allah except while they associate others with Him." [Ref: 12:106] Shaykh Shah Ismail Dehalvi used it to charge that most of Muslims are engaged in major/minor Shirk. Shaykh Muhammad Ibn Abdul Wahhab used it in context of minor Shirk. But considering his methodology; of applying verses revealed for major Shirk upon Muslims it can be concluded Shaykh would employ the verse in context of Muslims. All matters which Shaykh Muhammad Ibn Abdul Wahhab deemed as major Shirk were/are practiced by over whelming majority of Muslims, throughout the world. Considering this fact it becomes apparent why his successors declared the majority of Muslims as Mushrikeen. So even though Shaykh may not be explicitly stated majority of Muslims are Mushrikeen nor applied the verse 12:106 upon Muslims in context of major Shirk the matter of fact is Shaykh’s teaching produced the belief majority of Muslims are Mushrikeen. Also it has been revealed a man from group (i.e. qarn) of Iblees (i.e. Shaykh Shah Ismail Dehalvi) did employ the verse 12:106 upon Muslims charging them of major Shirk. Note, Shaykh Shah Ismail Dehalvi is claimed and deemed to be prominent scholar of Ahle Hadith [version of Wahhabism from Indian subcontinent] and Deobandis. And even Arabian Wahhabis [Hanbali Wahhabis] employ his works indicating they consider him to be authorative scholar who is representing core Wahhabi teachings in his books.

Implications Of Evidence Employed By Khawarij:

Allah (subhanahu wa ta’ala) states: "And most of them believe not in Allah except while they associate others with Him." [Ref: 12:106] Rhis verse states; most of people who believe in Allah believe in Him while assosociating others as [sons, daughters, Prophet, Jinn, angels, idols] as partners. This reveals MOST of those who believe in Allah are not Muslims because being guilty of major Shirk is major Kufr and it invalidates belief in Islam. This understanding is validate by the preceding verse which states: “And most of the people as much as you wish, will not believe.” [Ref: 12:103] The verse 103 indicates; MOST people are disbelievers and will not convert to religion of Islam. Verse 106 indicates; MOST will not believe in Allah (subhanahu wa ta’ala) without associating partners with Allah (subhanahu wa ta’ala). Both verses indicate the ones about whom the verses are about are disbelieving polytheists and not Muslims. Point to note is the verse states, most people are disbelievers/polytheists. It does not say, will be polytheists/disbelievers, or some are polytheists/disbelievers.

Truth Has Come And Falsehood Has Perished:

Anyone who employs this verse and applies it upon Muslims, know that he/she does not believe; some Muslims are guilty of polytheism. Or does not believe; some Muslims can be polytheists if they express x, y, or z belief. Such a person believes MOST of Muslims are guilty of major Kufr/Shirk. Such a person has disbelieved in teaching of Prophet (sallallahu alayhi wa aalihi was’sallam) who has taught; Muslim Ummah as whole, the majority will not fall into major Shirk: "... and by Allah, I am not afraid that you will worship others besides Allah after me, but I am afraid that you will strive and struggle against each other over these treasures of the world." [Ref: Bukhari, B76, H590] "... I am not afraid that you would associate anything with Allah after me, but I am afraid that you may be (allured) by the world and (vie) with one another (in possessing material wealth) and begin killing one another, and you would be destroyed ..." [Ref: Muslim, B30, H5689] In another Hadith Prophet (sallallahu alayhi wa aalihi was’sallam) has stated: The thing that I fear most for my Ummah is associating others with Allah. I do not say that they will worship the sun or the moon or idols, but deeds done for the sake of anyone other than Allah, and hidden desires.” [Ref: Ibn Majah, Vol.1 B37, H4205] Note Prophet (sallallahu alayhi wa aalihi was’sallam) completely negated that his Ummah will worship idols, or moon, or sun. He feared that his Ummah would fall into hidden Shirk (i.e. Shirk Khaf’fi) and this only nullifies good deeds not belief in Islam. It is important to mention that when the word Ummah (i.e. nation) or Jammah (i.e. group) is used in context of Hadith it means majority of people making the Ummah/Jammah. In other words Prophet (sallallahu alayhi wa aalihi was’sallam) did not fear major Shirk for majority of Muslims. In another Hadith Prophet (sallallahu alayhi wa aalihi was’sallam) is reported to have said: “Anas bin Malik said: “I heard the Messenger of Allah say: ‘My Ummah will not unite on misguidance, so if you see them differing, follow the great majority.’ [Ref: Ibn Majah, B36, H3950] When the majority of Muslims/Ulamah are/were upon the teaching of Ahlus Sunnah Wal Jammah and Prophet (sallallahu alayhi wa aalihi was’sallam) instructed the Muslims to follow the majority on issues of dispute then how can the majority be guilty of major Shirk? Should not the Muslims be with the majority of Muslims? How is it that you claim to be Muslim, and disbelieve in Prophet (sallallahu alayhi wa aalihi was’sallam), and deem the majority of Muslims to be polytheists?

Conclusion:

The truth regarding their belief is; the Wahhabiyyah, modern equals of Khawarij, believe vast majority of Muslims are Mushrikeen. And this is evident from their writtings as well as from the evidence (i.e. 12:106) they employ in their works. Anyone who employs this verse 12:106 in context of major/minor Shirk and applies it upon Muslims, he/she is upon the methodology of group of Iblees (i.e. qarn ash-shaytan) – the Khawarij. Its application upon Muslims also reveals that one believes most/majority of Muslims are polytheistic disbelievers and one who tells you otherwise has concealed his true belief and attempted to fool you into believing he/she takes you as his Muslim friend. They are the worst of creatures in creation of Allah (subhanahu wa ta’ala) because they distort the actual application of a verse and apply it upon believing Muslim. They are from and of the disbelieving sect to emerge from East about which Prophet (sallallahu alayhi wa aalihi was’sallam) foretold and described.

Wama alayna ilal balaghul mubeen.
Muhammed Ali Razavi

بحث میں حصہ لیں

آپ ابھی پوسٹ کرکے بعد میں رجسٹر ہوسکتے ہیں۔ اگر آپ پہلے سے رجسٹرڈ ہیں تو سائن اِن کریں اور اپنے اکاؤنٹ سے پوسٹ کریں۔
نوٹ: آپ کی پوسٹ ناظم کی اجازت کے بعد نظر آئے گی۔

اس ٹاپک پر جواب دیں

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• حالیہ دیکھنے والے   0 اراکین

• کوئی رجسٹرڈ رُکن اس صفحے کو نہیں دیکھ رہا