Emergence Of Two Kharijisms – One From Iraq And Other From Najd As Wahhabism.

MuhammedAli

تجویز کردہ جواب

Introduction:

A Somali Sunni brother confused by Wahhabis contacted me via E-Mail requesting help. He provided link of a forum, here, where an article of mine, here, was employed to justify Sunni position. He wanted to understand controversy if Najd is in Iraq, or in Arabia, and if the Ahadith of Qarn ash’Shaytaan (i.e. group of Satan, commonly translated to mean, horn of Satan) apply upon residents of Arabia, or Iraq. I decided to visit the forum and decided to engage the participants in discussion hoping that conflict would be resolved. My arrival was too late because most participants of discussions had either left forum or had given upon on discussion. All was not lost because I had opportunity to respond to some of key points. This article is improved version of content published on NairaLand forum. It helped our Sunni brother and allowed him to greatly develop his understanding on subject with aid of related articles. And hope is others too would find this article a help and as a weapon against Khariji branch of Wahhabism.

NairaLand Wahhabi Arguments Already Comprehensively Refuted:

Wahhabi brother named as Abdullah wrote article in effort to prove Prophet (sallallahu alayhi wa aalihi was’sallam) employed Najd in Hadith to mean Iraq. Why I am telling you this? All content which Wahhabis have quoted in support of their position in this thread,
here, was also quoted by brother Abdullah in his article published at System_Of_Life, here. Brother Abdullah went beyond the call of duty to establish Wahhabi position. As such everything discussed at NairaLand has been indirectly responded to in my response to brother Abdullah’s article, here, here, and here. Therefore I will not be comprehensively responding to everything mentioned on this forum (i.e. NairaLand forum). Anyone interested in reading comprehensive refutation of Wahhabi arguments should read the refutations written in response to brother Abdullah.

Key Points Of Discussion And Questions Answers To Which Can Resolve Dispute:

Most of discussion has revolved around following points of contention: i) Khawarij emerged from Iraq or Najd? ii) Ahadith stating Khawarij emerged from Iraq are authentic or inauthentic? iii) Was Iraq known to Prophet (sallallahu alayhi wa aalihi was’sallam) and his companions by name of Iraq? iv) Did Prophet (sallallahu alayhi wa aalihi was’sallam) employ Najd in lingusitic usage or as a name of region? v) If Iraq is in East of Madinah or not? vi) Does the linguistic meaning of Najd fits upon country of Iraq, or upon region of Iraq from where Khawarij emerged? These questions are important and correct answer to these will resolve the dispute. Equally important are following questions and honest and answers supported with text of Hadith will help to fully understand and resolve this controversy: vii) Was Iraq known as Najd during the life time of Prophet? viii) Is there a region/village/city called Najd in Iraq? ix) When Prophet pointed toward the house of Aisha to indicate direction from which group/horn of Satan would appear; did he point toward Iraq, or toward modern Saudi capital of Riyadh? x) Hadith says Prophet [in order to point direction Khawarij/group aka horn of Satan would emerge] pointed toward the direction of sunrise ... does the sun rise from direction of Iraq or from direction of Saudi capital Riyadh? xi) Leaders of Khawarij which appeared in Iraq where they Iraqis or did they live in Arabia and were part of Banu Tamim? Please note answer to all these will be provided in this article.

Method Of Resolving Conflict And Ahadith Of Iraq Are Authentic:

Shortest route to resolving this conflict is via last three points, i.e. viii, ix, and x. These are fundamentals and whatever is established with aid of authentic evidence will by default provide answers to all other questions except i, ii, and iii. To answer the first point. It is a fact that over-whelming members of Khawarij and their leadership such as of Khawarij like Dhul Khawaisirah at-Tamimi, Abdullah Ibn Wahb al-Rasibi were from tribe of Banu Tamim. This has been established in following article,
here. It is also a undeniable fact that Banu Tamim as a tribe, Kharijis, and their leadership all were residents of central Arabian province of Najd. Following maps depict location of Banu Tamim, here, and region of Najd, here. Therefore it should be clear all that Khawarij as a sect emerged from central Saudi Arabia but as a rebel group rebelling against rightly guided Caliph distinguished itself from Jammah in Iraq. So in conclusion Khawarij emerged from Najd and Iraq. One set of Hadiths points to tribal land of Khawarij and other Ahadith point to country where they would become known as a distinct sect. By now observant readers would have deduced answers to contention ii, iii; Ahadith of Iraq and Najd both are authentic. It should be known to all members especially Sunnis; Iraq was known to Prophet (sallallahu alayhi wa aalihi was’sallam), to his companions with name Iraq, here, here, here, here, and here. Note usage of word Iraq in content of Hadith so Sunnis please refrain from making this blunder again. With such amaturish errors you’re underminding position of Ahlus Sunnah and unnesscerily empowering arguments of enemies of religion of Allah (subhanahu wa ta’ala).

Where Is Najd: In Country Of Iraq Or In Central Arabia:

Earlier a map depicting Najd was shared and not all would have accepted it. I have maxim; one who is sincere needs evidence to believe and insincere person needs excuses; and there is no shortage of excuses. A genuine demand would be to ask for evidence of Quran and Sunnah which corresponds with what the map has depicted. Everything else is fluff and excuses to disbeleive in truth by an insincere individual. So lets ask the right question: Where is Najd? Is it in Arabia or in country of Iraq? Answer to these questions is not hard if all Ahadith about Najd are taken into account. Using individual Hadith and arguing over it makes it impossible to resolve the dispute so let’s not do this. We should take into account all available Ahadith and this will help us to precisely pin point direction and location of Najd. Note; you must look at all evidence as a whole. There can be disagreement over interpretation of single Hadith related to this topic but when it is looked in light of all other then wrong interpretation of it will become evident.

Najd Is In Arabia – Application Of Linguistic Najd On Iraq:

Wahhabis commonly argue Prophet (sallallahu alayhi wa aalihi was’sallam) did not employ Najd as a name of region but in linguistic sense of raise/elevated/mountanous land. And then dishonestly apply linguistic meaning of Najd upon Iraq. Application of linguistic meaning of Najd upon Iraq is nothing like applying description of black on white. Iraq linguistically denotes meaning of low. Allamah Yaqut Hamvi (rahimullah) in his Mo’jam al-Buldan while defining meaning of Iraq states lowest part of Mashk (i.e. waterskin) from where water is drawn corresponds with meaning of Iraq. In other words in his understanding Iraq is in meaning of region which drains water into see. He also stated Iraq is called Iraq because comparatively it is flatter and lower then Najd. And this date perfectly corresponds with modern research. Please see following article to see maps, ground elevation of Iraq and Najd,
here.

Najd Is In Araba – East, Direction Of Sunrise, And Group Of Satan:

There are Ahadith which state group of Satan aka Qarn ash-Shaytan will emerge from direction of East and direction of sunrise: “Verily, afflictions (will start) from here," pointing towards the east, "whence the side of the group of Satan comes out." [Ref: Bukhari, B56, H714] "Afflictions are there! Afflictions are there, from the side where group of Satan will come out." Or said: "... the group [from direction] of sun (rise) ..." [Ref: Bukhari, B88, H212] Using modern sciencetific research and tools it can now be established that one living in Madinah will not see sunrising from Iraq and most definitely not see sun rising from direction of Baghdad, Kufa, Nahrawan, and Harura. Note these were regions of Iraq from where Khawarij either assembled or fought,
here. Resident of Madinah will see sunrising in lands of modern and ancient Arabia.

Najd Is In Araba – Land Of Sunrise And Two Group Of Satan:

Prophet (sallallahu alayhi wa aalihi was’sallam) explicitly stated sunrises between the two groups of Satan. Two groups of Satan are tribes of Rabia and Mudhar: “Ibn Umar reported Allah's Messenger as saying: Do not intend to observe prayer at the time of the rising of the sun nor at its setting for it rises between the groups of Satan.” [Ref: Muslim, B4, H1807] "True belief is Yemenite yonder but sternness and mercilessness are the qualities of those who are busy with their camels and pay no attention to the Religion. [It is a place] where the two sides of the group of Satan will appear. Such are tribe of Rabia and Mudar." [Ref: Bukhari, Bo54, H521] And guess where were these two groups of Satan are located at? If you said Arabia then you're smart. In following artilce you will see tribal lands of Banu Rabia and Mudhar depicted on map,
here. There was tiny confusion which was resolved in the following article, here. This establishes sunrising boundary according to Prophet (sallallahu alayhi wa aalihi was’sallam) is land of Banu Rabia and Banu Mudhar. And this perfectly corresponds with Hadith which states group of Satan will emerge from direction of sunrise. This substantiates claims that one living in Madinah will not see sunrising from country of Iraq.

Najd Is In Araba – Pointed At House Of Aisha To Point Group Of Satan:

And IRREFUTABLE, and CONCLUSIVE, and DESICIVE evidence is that Prophet (sallallahu alayhi wa aalihi was’sallam) pointed toward the direction of house of Aysha (radiallah ta'ala anha) to point the direction from which group of Satan would emerge: Narrated 'Abdullah: The Prophet stood up and delivered a sermon, and pointing to 'Aisha's house, he said thrice, "Affliction (will appear from) here," and, "from the side, where Satan's head will come out." [Ref: Bukhari, B53, H336] This Hadith is employed in following article to prove with unquestionable certaintity; he pointed direction of Saudi capital Riyadh while telling where the group of Satan would emerge from,
here. Finally whe have many Ahadith in which Prophet (sallallahu alayhi wa aalihi was'sallam) mentioned name Najd from where group/horn of Satan would appear: “Narrated Ibn 'Umar: (The Prophet) said, "O Allah! Bless our Sham and our Yemen." People said: "Our Najd as well." The Prophet again said: "O Allah! Bless our Sham and Yemen." They said again: "Our Najd as well." On that the Prophet said: "There will appear earthquakes and afflictions, and from there will come out the side of the group of Satan." [Ref: Bukhari, B17, H147] Please access historical Najd depicted on following maps, here.

Prophet Precisely Indicated Appearance Of Wahhabism:

All this evidence, and maps, clearly and emphaticly come togather to prove Najd is in Arabia and Prophet (sallallahu alayhi wa aalihi was'sallam) precisely pointed toward Saudi capital Riyadh. And  Dirriyah and Uyaynah are stones throw away from capital. Two villages are connected with origin of Wahhabism because Uyaynah is birth place of founder of Wahhabism, Shaykh Muhammad Ibn Abdul Wahhab and Dirriyah became mission centre for Wahhabism. After reading all the material if there is still a individual who believes Prophet (sallallahu alayhi wa aalihi was'sallam) said Najd and he meant Iraq, or Najd is in Iraq then you my Wahhabi brother have defeated me. I have no answer to your lack of education. You have beaten me and my tiny learning. It is evident Prophet (sallallahu alayhi wa aalihi was’sallam) pointed toward Dirriyah/Uyaynah. By pointing toward them he indicated none other then emergence of Wahhabism. From this demonstration it is clear that Ahadith of Iraq cannot legitimately be interpreted to mean Iraq is Najd. Nor Ahadith which state Khawarij will emerge from Najd should be interpreted to mean Najd is Iraq. Clearly both regions are not the same. And this proves that there are two sets of Ahadith, one set applies to Arabian province of Najd and other applies to country of Iraq. Therefore both sets should be interpreted in light of their own Ahadith.

Two Major Groups Of Satan To Emerge - First One Appeared In Iraq:

Discerning readers would note I have indirectly established appearance of two groups of Satan. One appeared from Iraq and rebelled against rightly guided Caliph Ali (radiallah ta’ala anhu) and Jammah of companions. And the second appeared in 17th century and rebelled against Uthmanic Caliphate and Jammah of Muslims but I have offered no evidence to support my point of view. To lift this burden of evidence from my shoulders. Prophet (sallallahu alayhi wa aalihi was'sallam) foretold there will be two [main] groups/horn of Satan from Banu Rabia and Banu Mudhar: “And harshness and callousness of the hearts is found amongst the rude owners of the camels, who drive them behind their tails (to the direction), where emerge the two groups of Satan, they are [from] the tribes of Rabi'a and Mudar.” [Ref: Muslim, B1, H83] Following Hadith is proof that Khawarij are to appear from Iraq: “Narrated Yusair bin Amr: I asked Sahl bin Hunaif, "Did you hear the Prophet saying anything about Al-Khawarij?" He said, "I heard him saying while pointing his hand towards Iraq. "There will appear in it some people who will recite the Qur'an but it will not go beyond their throats, and they will go out from (leave) Islam as an arrow darts through the game's body.' " [Ref: Bukhari, B84, H68] This first group of Khawarij was none other then those who rebelled against Caliph Ali (radiallah ta’ala anhu). Banu Mudhar split into Banu Tamim. The first one was group of Khawarij lead by Abdullah, aka Dhil Khawaisirah at-Tamimi, aka Hurkus Ibn Zuhayr, and Abdullah Ibn Wahb al-Rasibi. The first Khawarij marched to Syria with army of Ali from Arabian province of Najd. After incident of arbitration returned to Iraq and fought in a rebellious war against Ali (radiallah ta'ala anhu). A comprehensive explanation of this Hadith with aid of other authentic Ahadith is given in following article,
here.

Two Major Groups Of Satan To Emerge – Second Emerged From Najd:

The second main group emerged from Najd and Prophet (sallallahu alayhi wa aalihi was'sallam) foretold of this here: “Narrated Ibn 'Umar: (The Prophet) said, "O Allah! Bless our Sham and our Yemen." People said: "Our Najd as well." The Prophet again said: "O Allah! Bless our Sham and Yemen." They said again: "Our Najd as well." On that the Prophet said: "There will appear earthquakes and afflictions, and from there will come out the side of the group of Satan." [Ref: Bukhari, B17, H147] Apart from being certain that Prophet (sallallahu alayhi wa aalihi was’sallam) with very accurately pointed toward land from where group of Satan i.e. Wahhabism was to emerge; is there anything else which connects Wahhabism to Kharijism? This would be a logical and perfect question. Are there signs/traits which connects Wahhabism to Kharijism? Of course there are and lets begin.

Wahhabism Is Another Major Offshoot Of Kharijism:

Rebellion is sign of Khawarij. Shaykh al-Najd and his Wahhabis rebelled against authority/rule of Khilafat. And his Wahhabi minions have continued to start rebellions and lead civil wars against Muslim states to this day; TTP (Pakistan), ISIS, Al-Qaidah, Boko Haram (Algeria), Al-Shabab (Somalia), Jammat Abu Sayyaf (Malaysia), Islamic Salvation Front (Mali), Islamic Armed Group (Mali) … And Shaykh al-Najd and his Wahhabis rebelled against Jammah of Muslims. Another trait of Khawarij is that they declare Muslims as Kafir/Mushrik due to actions of major sins committed by ignorant Muslims. Shaykh al-Najd and his Wahhabis accused Muslims of committing major Shirk and on account of it justified killing them, looting their property, enslaving believing women, and forced them into sexual actions. And his followers even to this day are engaged in same. Khawarij charged the Muslims of Kufr/Shirk for absolutely no justified reason whatsoever. For things which are not even sin/Kufr/Shirk in Shari'ah. Khawarij declared Ali (radiallah ta'ala anhu) Mushrik/Kafir for choosing Abu Musa al-Ashari (radiallah ta'ala anhu) as an arbitrator to judge between him and Muawiyah (radiallah ta’ala anhu). They quoted verse, judgment is only for Allah, and said Ali (radiallah ta'ala anhu) and his followers have committed Shirk because accepted creation as Judge. On this ground we find: Shaykh al-Najd and his rabid Wahhabis have in principle consider all those who practice Istighathah and believe in its legitimacy as Mushrikeen/Kafireen. Khawarij kill Muslims with imputiny and looted property and enslaved women of believers. Shaykh al-Najd and his Wahhabis committed massacre after massacre of Muslims professing la-ilaha il-Allah. They took the wives, mothers, sisters, daughters of Muslims as slaves, and fornicated/raped them believing they are women of Mushrikeen/Kafireen. And this is something expressedly prohibited by Prophet: “Anas bin Malik narrates from the Prophet who said: Three things are the roots of faith: (i) To refrain from (killing) a person who says “there is no Deity worthy of worship except Allah” (ii) Not to declare him unbeliever whatever sin he commits. (iii) and also not to declare him out of Islam due to any of his deed. Jihad continues from the day I was sent as Prophet to ...” [Ref: Abu Dawud, B14, H2170] Wahhabis and their Shaykh al-Najd violated all three. Sign of Khawarij is that they apply Quranic verses revealed for polytheists and their idol-gods upon believers as following Hadith establishes: “Ibn Umar considered the Khawarij and the heretics as the worst beings in creation, and he said: They went to verses which were revealed about the disbelievers and applied them to the Believers.” [Bukhari; Chapter Khawarjites. Ibn Hajr al Asqalani said in Fath ul Bari: That its sanad is sahih.] Shaykh al-Najd, his Wahhabis of past, present all are guilty of this. Shaykh al-Najd in his books, just take Kitab al-Tawheed as an example, quoted all verses revealed for Mushrikeen/Kafireen to lay the foundation of his accusation that Muslims are in fact guilty of Shirk. He didn’t stop just there but verses which were revealed about Kafirs not believing in ressurection after death and judgment day; he applied them upon Muslims of Makkah and accused them of disbelieving in life after death and judgment day. Another attribute of Khawarij is that they will excessively shave their heads – like BNP racist skin heads: “Sahl bin Hunaif reported Allah's Apostle as saying: There would arise from the east a people with shaven heads.” [Ref: Muslim, B5, H2338] Shaykh al-Najd and his Wahhabis originally were all skin-heads. And books of scholars recording their description in their own time recorded this fact but after scholars applied relevent Ahadith upon Wahhabis to warn Muslims they gradually left this practice. It should not be difficult to determine on basis of these facts that Shaykh Muhammad Ibn Abdul Wahhab, aka Shaykh al-Najd, and his followers were second group of Satan, aka Khawarij. In his own time scholars and even his own brother told him that you're the horn/group of Satan that was prophecised to appear from Najd.

Conclusion:

Ahadith record a group of Satan is to appear from Najd and another from Iraq. Ahadith about these two regions are authentic. Details precisely establish Najd is in Arabian Peninsula and is region surrounding Saudi capital Riyadh. To distort this Hadith and apply it upon country of Iraq would be distortion of Hadith. Linguistic meaning of Najd and Iraq are completely opposite and ground reality of Iraq is such that linguistic meaning of Najd cannot be applied to it. Traditional understanding and universally accepted fact is that Najd was a province in central Arabia. Central Arabia’s  unique trait in comparision to Iraq is that it is vastly mountanous terrain thus it is deserving linguistic application of Najd. Prophet (sallallahu alayhi wa aalihi was’sallam) foretold appearance of two groups of Satan. First one appeared in Iraq during the Khilafat of Ali (radiallah ta’ala anhu) and the second one appeared in middle of 17th century in Najd. And this second group was/is none other then Wahhabism.

Wama alayna ilal balaghul mubeen.
Muhammed Ali Razavi.

بحث میں حصہ لیں

آپ ابھی پوسٹ کرکے بعد میں رجسٹر ہوسکتے ہیں۔ اگر آپ پہلے سے رجسٹرڈ ہیں تو سائن اِن کریں اور اپنے اکاؤنٹ سے پوسٹ کریں۔
نوٹ: آپ کی پوسٹ ناظم کی اجازت کے بعد نظر آئے گی۔

اس ٹاپک پر جواب دیں

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• حالیہ دیکھنے والے   0 اراکین

• کوئی رجسٹرڈ رُکن اس صفحے کو نہیں دیکھ رہا